Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Welcome to Houston Jack Easterby

powda

The bridge between stupid and useless is short.
Here's my true struggle: How do you care about a franchise when you despise those that run and own it?

The more I see Jack talking, the more I just cringe and - I don't want to use the word hate here, but. . .

I'm having a disconnect, and as hard as I try to separate the football team from it's owner/management, I feel like I'm grasping at straws to even care in the most basic way.

Preach it. I don't feel like I gave up on this team. I feel like they gave up on the fans when they let any semblance of common sense swirl down the toilet.

How many absolutely stupid things do we have to endure before we grow so numb we no longer care? Trouble is, I love football and I want them to be good. They just f'ing aren't.

I dont think I'll ever get past all the ridiculous trades this team made:

Oz
Brown
Clowney
Hopkins

Not to mention whats about to happen with dw.

Add to it the Gaine fiasco, locking in ob as gm, and the current cult leadership by NFL Koresh. Its been a mess all along and for those of us who wondered how bad an owner cal would be when his time came, the nightmare is real.

I used to think very naively this was a sports team during the capers era. I grew to believe it was a business based purely on profits after that...

And I was wrong.

No business would operate the way the Texans do. No real business would allow that much incompetence without accountability. Right?

I think it's clear to me now what this team is and for some reason this GOT clip explains it in an indirect way...

Cousin Orson is Cal and the Beatles are fans. This team is a Tonka truck in a sandbox for Cal. Just a toy and nothing more. Its a hobby and a habit for him. It's a sham without meaning or direction.

Mr. White

Retired OLine Coach
Favorite headline of the day.
Smith: Jack Easterby strikes another blow to the Texans

Favorite picture of the day: Macho Jack

Rootes suddenly resigning from the Texans was unthinkable a couple years ago. He truly believed in the warm, uniting power of the organization more than anyone else on Kirby Drive. If you pointed out that the Texans always disappointed in the big games under the bright national lights, Rootes immediately pointed to the packed stands and season-ticket wait list. And all the J.J. Watt jerseys on the backs of still-proud supporters. And the smoking tailgating lots.

In February 2021, Gaine is gone, Hopkins is gone, O'Brien is gone and Watson badly wants out.

The McNairs' trusted right-hand man has followed all the old names out the same door.

While you keep tweeting #FireEasterby, Cal McNair keeps listening to and being swayed by the man who must be named.

Easterby.

Texian

Hall of Fame
Favorite headline of the day.
Smith: Jack Easterby strikes another blow to the Texans

Favorite picture of the day: Macho Jack
At this point you could fire Easterby today and it would make no difference whatsoever. The damage has already been done. Caserio will continue to carryout the O'Brien-Easterby-Caserio destruction of an NFL football team for many years to come. You ain't seen nothing yet, Cal is just getting started. This is not the end, this is not the beginning of the end but it is perhaps the end of the beginning.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
At some time Peter King must have slept with Amy Palcic.

No man goes on a mission like he has without being personally involved.
"The media" creates the perception of chaos that gets more clicks, views, magazines bought, etc. Mainstream media has embraced TMZ-style tabloid 'journalism' for nothing more than potential financial gain.

Some individuals might have other motives, but taken as a whole, the media is nothing but a social parasite these days.

There is very little verifiable fact about this Texans/Watson story, but there sure are a helluva' lot of perspectives vying for our short attention spans.

I'm just sittin' here eatin' my popcorn :popcorn: And screw 'em ALL!

AcresHomesTexan

No Longer Arlington: Escaped From Jerry's World
Staff member
and Jack Easterby has an understudy...sorry, I can't place this in the staff thread at this point

Character coach was the job Easterby had with the Patriots before he was hired in Houston, where he has come to become the most powerful person in the Texans’ front office. Thompson was previously the Lions’ character coach, and Thompson’s relationship with Easterby was cited as a reason the Lions hired him, as the Lions were run at the time by General Manager Bob Quinn and coach Matt Patricia, who were trying to replicate New England’s success.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Jack just giving the fanbase a big FU; showing it's his show now.
Tell me, other than DW4 not wanting JE here, what moves has he made that you dont like. The Hopkins trade was all about 2 mommas and had very little to do with Hopkins.

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
Tell me, other than DW4 not wanting JE here, what moves has he made that you dont like. The Hopkins trade was all about 2 mommas and had very little to do with Hopkins.
How many Pro Bowls or games did Hopkins fail to make due to his mama's? If having two mama's leads to these type of results between the white lines....Texans players should hump on board before their next contracts are around the corner.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
How many Pro Bowls or games did Hopkins fail to make due to his mama's? If having two mama's leads to these type of results between the white lines....Texans players should hump on board before their next contracts are around the corner.
I wasn't talking about Hopkins hoes.

I was talking about Janice/DW4's mom.

DBCooper

Outlaw
Contributor's Club

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller
Was this a Caserio or Easterby hire? idonno:
I’d hope Caserio is busy putting a scout team together, and going over a **** ton of film, evaluating what’s on the team, mapping out a FA strategy, and putting a draft board together as best they can with what they’ve got to work with.

I would hope that towels boys and character coaches aren’t part of his things to do.

CWTexansFan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Contributor's Club
Sometimes I can be too dry. It’s a little jab at those who refuse to admit Easterby’s “Little Finger” prints are all over everything. From the team President resigning, the GM and HC selection, all the way down to firing the ball boys.

It’s Jack’s world and we’re just living in it.
Actually, it's Milo's world, but this is a side effect from that.

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
Sometimes I can be too dry. It’s a little jab at those who refuse to admit Easterby’s “Little Finger” prints are all over everything. From the team President resigning, the GM and HC selection, all the way down to firing the ball boys.

I think Easterby is more like the High Sparrow and Cal is Tommen.

Just waiting Cersei to show up and blow the place up. Figuratively.

I refuse to believe anyone feels this way. Cal is the biggest culprit but Easterby's influence and methods are clearly visible. My fictitious representation of the 2 would be Cal is the Master of Lake-town while Easterby is Alfrid Lickspittle
Cal and JE.jpg

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
I think Easterby is more like the High Sparrow and Cal is Tommen.

Just waiting Cersei to show up and blow the place up. Figuratively.
I think Cal is Daenerys Targaryen & Easterby is Sir Jorah Mormont. Always trying to please his Queen but keeps doing the wrong thing thinking it’s the right thing.

We have fallen low................. I mean lowwwwwwww.............

What if Jack leads us to the promise land?

Why I asked that question?.......... lowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww............