Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Welcome to Houston Jack Easterby

Anybody here work for UPS or FEDEX?

What would the shipping and handling cost be to crate jack up and send him to Salem?

For those of you who think this comment is vulgar and over the top let me assure you Im joking. I would never crate another person up and send him across country without at least 2 bottles of water and a pot to piss in. I might even chip in for a bag of moldy HEB jalapeño poppers for him to snack on.

Sincerely,

The FUCS Club.

You're missing the point. If Texans were truly intent on keeping DW4 they would've hired a much more polished coach. They hired a 65 yr old place holder that will be gone in a year or two. DC passing game in BAL finished 32nd. If the Texans did anything with this hire it was to make sure DW4 leaves Houston.
I doubt the hiring of Dave Culley was their way to get rid of DW4. It may work out that way but I doubt they made the choice with that in mind. I do think they took what they could get in the way of coaches and all of them are seen as place holders till the talent and culture line up just right.

I doubt the hiring of Dave Culley was their way to get rid of DW4. It may work out that way but I doubt they made the choice with that in mind. I do think they took what they could get in the way of coaches and all of them are seen as place holders till the talent and culture line up just right.
They damn sure didn't hire Dave Culley as their way of keeping DW4. Then again, on second thought it is Cal, Nick and Jack.

DC passing game in BAL finished 32nd.
The guy has been a coach for a long time so I do not think it is fair to use one season where he did not fare well against him. He has been good enough that he has been an assistant head coach a few times. There has to be a reason he was trusted in that manor.

They damn sure didn't hire Dave Culley as their way of keeping DW4. Then again, on second thought it is Cal, Nick and Jack.
They took the best of available options and found a class act coach with many years of coaching experience! He has been among the best and brightest coaches in the game. He probably is not the long term answer but all we really need is for him to set us in the right direction.

Last edited:
It could very well be that coaches they wanted to hire only wanted the job if DW4 would guarantee he would stay. The coaches they had to pick from were slim pickins at best due to DW4 being upset.

I think they did the best they could with the hand they have been dealt. Just because we did not know anything about DC,I remain open that we could be pleasantly surprised by him and his staff. I expect our team to compete and get as much as we possibly can get out them next season no matter who our Qb is!

Last edited:
Sounds like a VP of football operations to me.
That's not what Kyle said at the Caserio presser.

(McNair) "Well, Jack is very gifted in a lot of different areas, and those areas would be things that Nick (Caserio) will need as he moves into his role as GM. It won't be roster. It won't be free agency. Like I said before, those are the GM jobs that Nick is doing, and he will look to Jack to do some of these other things that Jack has done really well in the past."

Calling agents is roster and free agency related. That's Nick Caserio's job. Kyle said Jack won't be doing that. Specifically.

That's not what Kyle said at the Caserio presser.

Calling agents is roster and free agency related. That's Nick Caserio's job. Kyle said Jack won't be doing that. Specifically.
Unless he's calling agents to solicit opinion on how to improve the Texans abysmal image...which I seriously doubt. Jack Easterby, the Texans "Teflon Don".

Somebody needs to code red this guy already. Why can't Kyle hire him to be his personal valet or something? This is getting to be beyond ridiculous.

Unless he's calling agents to solicit opinion on how to improve the Texans abysmal image...which I seriously doubt. Jack Easterby, the Texans "Teflon Don".

I’m guessing I’m missing a period in there or something.

things that Nick (Caserio) will need as he moves into his role as GM.

Lance said very much involved on the football side, which doesn’t necessarily mean FA or Roster. He’s probably trying to communicate the 2021 off-season schedule

He’s probably calling Watson’s agent to get his list of teams he wants to be traded to

I wonder who makes the McNair's more money, and I wonder who gives the McNair's the feels. So far, Cal is really loving the feels.

Great point.

Do the Texans make more money selling Watson jerseys or selling Easterby jerseys?

I don’t think they care. They feel like the stadium will be sold out regardless. It’s a cash cow and they can do whatever they want.

I myself feel that thinking is absurd but who knows what is going through Cal's mind? It is obvious that Cal has no clue how to run an NFL football team! Easterby is a like a cult leader or he has some stuff on Cal that could ruin him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great point.

Do the Texans make more money selling Watson jerseys or selling Easterby jerseys?

I don’t think they care. They feel like the stadium will be sold out regardless. It’s a cash cow and they can do whatever they want.

Yep. NFL revenue sharing ensure that all teams will make tidy profits regardless of the product on the field.

The Texans will make money on Watson jerseys if he plays here or there. Money money everywhere! lol

Yep. NFL revenue sharing ensure that all teams will make tidy profits regardless of the product on the field.

The Texans will make money on Watson jerseys if he plays here or there. Money money everywhere! lol
I don't think Cal is driven by money alone. He really feels that he is doing the right things for the team. He seems to think that what is best for the team goes through Easterby who has a direct link to God!

One thing is for certain.....no matter what capacity Cal keeps Easterby, Easterby will have zero impact as to why the team would succeed. On the other hand.....Easterby's "negative" impact on the Texans players and FO will have a profound impact on the team going forward.

Cal has an opportunity to upgrade his image with the team and it would begin by letting Easterby go for the betterment of his organization. Caserio could immediately see image go up with the players if he stands with Cal in justifying Easterby's release.

I just have a really hard time with the fact Cal doesn't see or feel the turbulent waters at his Kirby office or with his players in regards to Easterby......just don't get it!!! Unless he's got his arse locked up in his office so he can safely play with his Star Wars action figures while saying, "I'm your father Luke" into the fan on his desk. He just can't be ths oblivious to his surroundings, or can he?

The only thing I can think of here is the "Us against them" idea of executives Vs players.
Not wanting to give in to the players demands on front office decisions .... Normally I would agree with that stance .... but not in this case.
Not with this guy texting players momma's which leads to players momma's calling Janice demanding other players be shown the door .... and Janice appeasing those demands , probably after discussing the situation with the preacher ....

That guy's gotta go. He just aint worth the headaches.

Absolutely!!! I'm sure Easterby found a bible story to relate to their current situation. "We can't let evil win!!!" is what he's probably telling Cal. Fan's are the Roman's and Easterby probably sees himself as the fisher of men.

The problem I have is the hypocrisy. If I were causing this much drama in an organization, and the entire city hated my guts, I might have to seek employment elsewhere because the "needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few". There is where Cal is a dumb dumb. He doesn't see it that way. I cant vouch for his upbringing, but it seems he's backing the wrong horse here.

Is it possible that right now Cal has been convinced by Easterby that their “faith” is being tested by the calls to fire Easterby?

That is why they or Cal is doubling down so hard and Easterby hasn’t been fired?

Or is the simpler answer Cal is just dumb?

Last edited:
I don't think Cal is driven by money alone. He really feels that he is doing the right things for the team. He seems to think that what is best for the team goes through Easterby who has a direct link to God!

I have no idea what drives Cal at this point. His few interviews are vague, and he comes across as a bit of a Tommy Boy. Money is certainly not the primary concern with inherited wealth. My impression is that he's a beta male with a massive hole in his psyche that needs to be filled by someone that tells him what he wants to hear.

Easterby is a symptom of the root cause. The fundamental problem in all of this mess appears to be the McNairs themselves. JMO.

The only thing I can think of here is the "Us against them" idea of executives Vs players.
Not wanting to give in to the players demands on front office decisions .... Normally I would agree with that stance .... but not in this case.
Not with this guy texting players momma's which leads to players momma's calling Janice demanding other players be shown the door .... and Janice appeasing those demands , probably after discussing the situation with the preacher ....

That guy's gotta go. He just aint worth the headaches.

This is what Watson needs to come out with.

I wish he'd stay and just make it an issue as this team's leader. Be the change. Rally the fans to demand it. Instead, he's quitting the city and running away with a list of demands, apparently all on his terms, of course.

I wonder who makes the McNair's more money, and I wonder who gives the McNair's the feels. So far, Cal is really loving the feels.

You do realize Easterby is carrying out Cuck's wishes?

BTW, trading DW4 saves Cuck 160 mil.

Absolutely!!! I'm sure Easterby found a bible story to relate to their current situation. "We can't let evil win!!!" is what he's probably telling Cal. Fan's are the Roman's and Easterby probably sees himself as the fisher of men.

The problem I have is the hypocrisy. If I were causing this much drama in an organization, and the entire city hated my guts, I might have to seek employment elsewhere because the "needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few". There is where Cal is a dumb dumb. He doesn't see it that way. I cant vouch for his upbringing, but it seems he's backing the wrong horse here.

Or more likely Easterby is just carrying out Cal's wishes.

Although you're correct, I've got no problem with Easterby talking to the agent about starting the trade process. You probably wouldn't either if it was anybody but Easterby doing the talking.
I think you've missed the point. Kyle specifically said Jack would not be involved in personnel. So either, a) Kyle was lying or b) Jack is involving himself behind Kyle and Nick's back.

I'd like the answer to be "b". That would put an entirely different spin on the Easterby saga. My gut tells me it's "a". Kyle lying to protect his good fried Jack.

I think you've missed the point. Kyle specifically said Jack would not be involved in personnel. So either, a) Kyle was lying or b) Jack is involving himself behind Kyle and Nick's back.

I'd like the answer to be "b". That would put an entirely different spin on the Easterby saga. My gut tells me it's "a". Kyle lying to protect his good fried Jack.
I think it’s more about semantics. Cal said Easterby will be doing what Caserio tells him to do. But shaping the Roster, choosing personnel will be Caserio not Easterby.

He never said Easterby won’t be contacting players or agents for logistics

Although you're correct, I've got no problem with Easterby talking to the agent about starting the trade process. You probably wouldn't either if it was anybody but Easterby doing the talking.

Easterby has zero qualifications to be starting any process much less the trading of the team's highest valued asset. If that moron had any say in the last few deals that cooked OB's arse.....duck him and his horse!!! This is GM Caserio's swim lane and that's the only team executive who should be picking up the phone.

Last edited:
Texans' Easterby Doing 'Ungodly' Damage, Says Irvin

Not gonna' lie, articles like this just seems like the media is eating its own cud and then regurgitating for the next hack to ingest and repeat.

CowCud2.jpg

There is literally nothing substantial in that article that we haven't already heard before, and it's coming from someone who is nothing but a mouth in Michael Irvin. The next time I hear him speak an intelligent, original thought will be the first time I've heard him speak an intelligent, original thought. I'm surprised he didn't spew some Dallas Cowboys rhetoric in his quotes.

I've absorbed too much sports media in the past few weeks, but because I've done that, it's become crystal clear to me that 99.9% of them don't know a damn thing about what is really going on inside NRG or Watson's head.

The ONLY facts that we know for certain is a $110 million guarantee contract and a player that wants out (on his terms) four months after signing the contract.

We assume the reasons are what the media keeps regurgitating, but until I hear from the the actual player himself, I'm taking it all with a grain of salt. For all we know he's being more influenced by his barracuda agent and Instagram girlfriend than not getting to personally pick the GM of the franchise.

Whatever cap issues they have even with Watson can be solved in 2 yrs. Look no further than the Colts when they have Luck his money. This is the NFL and a couple of cuts and then your team has a gang of money and a qb. If Caserio trades Watson, he's not going to make it 3 yrs. When they open stadiums back up and let people in the stadiums, its going to be bad. In 1 offseason you're going to get rid of a top 5 qb at 25 and probably the most popular athlete in Houston pro sports history in 1 offseason? Its going to get ugly and stay ugly.

Whatever cap issues they have even with Watson can be solved in 2 yrs. Look no further than the Colts when they have Luck his money. This is the NFL and a couple of cuts and then your team has a gang of money and a qb. If Caserio trades Watson, he's not going to make it 3 yrs. When they open stadiums back up and let people in the stadiums, its going to be bad. In 1 offseason you're going to get rid of a top 5 qb at 25 and probably the most popular athlete in Houston pro sports history in 1 offseason? Its going to get ugly and stay ugly.

watson is not the most popular player in houston now thats for dang sure prob the most hated now lol

No it doesn't .... He'll have essentially paid Watson $27million to play for someone else.

Easterby needs to be fired , aint no two ways about it , he's doing more harm than good.

27 in sunk cost 130 saved.

I'm sure Cuck would rather keep him but I dont think he's heartbroken over trading him. You're right though Easterby has to go and from what I've heard Cuck is planning to let Easterby go next offseason.

Not gonna' lie, articles like this just seems like the media is eating its own cud and then regurgitating for the next hack to ingest and repeat.

View attachment 7741

There is literally nothing substantial in that article that we haven't already heard before, and it's coming from someone who is nothing but a mouth in Michael Irvin. The next time I hear him speak an intelligent, original thought will be the first time I've heard him speak an intelligent, original thought. I'm surprised he didn't spew some Dallas Cowboys rhetoric in his quotes.

I've absorbed too much sports media in the past few weeks, but because I've done that, it's become crystal clear to me that 99.9% of them don't know a damn thing about what is really going on inside NRG or Watson's head.

The ONLY facts that we know for certain is a $110 million guarantee contract and a player that wants out (on his terms) four months after signing the contract.

We assume the reasons are what the media keeps regurgitating, but until I hear from the the actual player himself, I'm taking it all with a grain of salt. For all we know he's being more influenced by his barracuda agent and Instagram girlfriend than not getting to personally pick the GM of the franchise.

To me Ray Lewis and Irvin are in the same boat to me when they start talking about God.

watson is not the most popular player in houston now thats for dang sure prob the most hated now lol

you're going to get rid of a top 5 qb at 25 (Watson) and probably the most popular athlete in Houston pro sports history (Watt) in 1 offseason?

Texans' Easterby Doing 'Ungodly' Damage, Says Irvin

The Ungodly damage has already been done. AKA Bill O'Brien. The Texans WITH or WITHOUT DW4 will be dining on a Schitz sandwich until at least 2023, courtesy of Bill O'Brien. The Texans start 2022 with the least amount of salary cap available. Seeing how Korn Ferry failed to recommend Nick Caserio as a GM and it was O'Brien who desperately wanted Caserio, that Schitz sandwich may be on menu for a lot longer. And Cal and Janice are feeling blessed by it all. They love them some Schitz sandwiches.

Last edited:
Back