Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Welcome to Houston Jack Easterby

This came from soon to be ex-president Jamey Rootes.

Employees/Soon to be ex employees with an axe to grind.

Persnally I think Easterby needs to be fired but the SI piece was nothing but a hit piece.
See, this is the root of the problem and Cal is tone def. Gaine was here for a year, then fired. JJ Moses, Amy Palcick, fired. Olsen, one of the best cap construction people, let go. He was the interim gm with 0 experience vs the pro personel guy. One minute its he and BOB in this committee decision process, then he has nothing to do with anything? Maybe Cal is emotionally tied to him because he was there when Bob passed.

Good seeing you here again.

however, I think Cal knows Easterby is getting blamed for things Cal knows he had nothing to do with. & it’s not right to fire a man for something he didn’t do.

I agree there is dysfunction in the organization. I just think everyone is watching the wrong hand.

Unless you have a better source than Andre Johnson. . .

"Since Jack Easterby has walk into the building nothing good has happened in/for the organization and for some reason someone can’t seem to see what’s going on."
~ Andre Johnson

Just sayin'. :thinking:

This came from soon to be ex-president Jamey Rootes.

Employees/Soon to be ex employees with an axe to grind.

Persnally I think Easterby needs to be fired but the SI piece was nothing but a hit piece.

Why be so boring and pedestrian with your little conspiracy theory? Why not take it to the next level where Easterby is actually a reptilian shape shifter that is using subversive mind control techniques in order to ingratiate himself with the upper crust as part of a plan for world domination?

There's about as much evidence to support this new theory as the one you keep repeating. :tinfoil: At least the new theory actually has a MOTIVE

Why be so boring and pedestrian with your little conspiracy theory? Why not take it to the next level where Easterby is actually a reptilian shape shifter that is using subversive mind control techniques in order to ingratiate himself with the upper crust as part of a plan for world domination?

I am SO glad I am not the only one thinking this. It is very obvious that Easterby is in fact a reptilian shape shifter hell bent on using the Houston Texans franchise as a base of operations, since the city of Houston is synonymous with space travel and NASA. World domination would be nothing to a creature as conniving as Easterby has so far proven to be. I have to wonder however if McNair is an innocent pawn in this whole venture, or if he too is not of this planet.

"Since Jack Easterby has walk into the building nothing good has happened in/for the organization and for some reason someone can’t seem to see what’s going on."
~ Andre Johnson

Just sayin'. :thinking:

There's about as much evidence to support this new theory as the one you keep repeating. :tinfoil: At least the new theory actually has a MOTIVE

All I know is just about the time the SI piece came out it was announced Rootes was most likely leaving.

Some call what's going on in the Texans org dysfunction (It is) but what's causing the dysfunction is a power struggle between Janice/Cuck's bringing in of Easterby to try to find out where the weaknesses were in the FO and Rootes wanting to continue business as usual. I'm sure Easterby dug up quite a bit of stuff on say the sexual harassment stuff, (Probably many more things than that.) and step on some toes that were previously untouchable. This happens all the time with internal audits. Sometimes when doing these audits you find that the people you trusted the most were ripping you off or not doing there jobs. Typically those type people dont just move on gracefully. They get thrown out the door kicking and screaming usually blaming everybody but themselves for getting let go.

With this said, I would've already fired Easterby. The man was obviously in over his head and seemed to enjoy his new found power a little too much for my taste.

I am SO glad I am not the only one thinking this. It is very obvious that Easterby is in fact a reptilian shape shifter hell bent on using the Houston Texans franchise as a base of operations, since the city of Houston is synonymous with space travel and NASA. World domination would be nothing to a creature as conniving as Easterby has so far proven to be. I have to wonder however if McNair is an innocent pawn in this whole venture, or if he too is not of this planet.

I love it! I never even thought of the NASA angle, and it makes sense now that SpaceX...errr Tesla (same thing, yeah?) is moving to Texas. I saw all the Men In Black movies, so I'm pretty much an expert now.

All I know is just about the time the SI piece came out it was announced Rootes was most likely leaving.

Some call what's going on in the Texans org dysfunction (It is) but what's causing the dysfunction is a power struggle between Janice/Cuck's bringing in of Easterby to try to find out where the weaknesses were in the FO and Rootes wanting to continue business as usual. I'm sure Easterby dug up quite a bit of stuff on say the sexual harassment stuff, (Probably many more things than that.) and step on some toes that were previously untouchable. This happens all the time with internal audits. Sometimes when doing these audits you find that the people you trusted the most were ripping you off or not doing there jobs. Typically those type people dont just move on gracefully. They get thrown out the door kicking and screaming usually blaming everybody but themselves for getting let go.

With this said, I would've already fired Easterby. The man was obviously in over his head and seemed to enjoy his new found power a little too much for my taste.

I'm just having fun, man, so glad that you know that it's never ever been personal. :friends:

At this point, all I know is this franchise is a fustercluck and it is seriously straining my ability to even care about the franchise, much less be a fan.

"Since Jack Easterby has walk into the building nothing good has happened in/for the organization
Nothing I’m saying is contradicted by Andre. I flat out said Easterby is getting blamed for stuff he had nothing to do with. This is just Andre blaming Easterby for stuff he had nothing to do with.

Nothing I’m saying is contradicted by Andre. I flat out said Easterby is getting blamed for stuff he had nothing to do with. This is just Andre blaming Easterby for stuff he had nothing to do with.
I started with “However, I think...”
I don't see that.

Your claim that Andre Johnson, who was a member of the Texans organization until he resigned, made a baseless statement is absurd.

FWIW, I know two of the writers of the SI pieces, and they are pros. Like you don't have to be Woodward and Bernstein to get scoops out of NRG. Most of the info is open and obvious if you are paying attention. I didn't even want to talk about this stuff, but it kept getting weirder.

What is also obvious is how can a head coach and QB be leaders of the team with Easterby imprinting his vision of how things should be for culture, and using *culture* as a cudgel? Football is hard enough without negotiating office politics.

Like just the idea of a "character coach" can be insulting to grown men who have already had to overcome actual challenges in their lives, be the best at their jobs, don't want a nanny, and already have a preacher. Sure there are all sorts of things that can be helpful to personal performance and then also team performance but when applied org wide in a paternalistic way by an untrusted person with the ear of the owner and GM, that has to be the absolute worst. It's a conflict to be the person people depend on for comfort and then weaponize the info you find out from that.

I am someone who wants to like people's performances at their jobs, or look at things from their POV, but just Easterby's Twitter feed alone is unprofessional for his role.

It makes no sense for Watson to leave. It also makes no sense wasting any more time with Easterby in the building. The strong GM model has pluses and minuses, but one is a lack of power by the coach. Like Caserio didn't even want to define what Easterby was doing yet. It's weird if you can't share that with the group. It would be very difficult to coach and quarterback and truly lead around those power dynamics. If your process is so dependent on one man to implement it, your process is bad.

I don't know how they figure this out with keeping him in the building other than pretending everything is great, and hoping it all works out that way. I mean look at this quote from the presser:

(McNair) "I would just follow up real quick. First of all, Nick, that was an awesome statement. I had a little tear in my eye. I love that stuff. I love your passion and the integrity that you have, and you're just going to be such a good thing for us here. Just what you said is exactly why you're here. In regards to 4 and 99, they're valued members on our team. They're important to the team and the city. They're passionate and they want to win, and those are all totally in alignment with where we're going and what we've done here in bringing Nick aboard. So it's perfect. We're totally aligned."

Anyway, I just drove by to say that yeah, this stuff is serious, they need to fix the issues, it makes no sense for Watson to go, but this is sort of a mess that undermines leadership. Clearly, Watson is standing up for his teammates but is trying not to put all the business out there. I, for one, am not blowing off things as just being a few sour grapes.

Anyway, thinking of y'all. This is a key moment in team history, and hopefully they can use this ugliness as a basis to make things better. Sometimes that happens.

FWIW, I know two of the writers of the SI pieces, and they are pros. Like you don't have to be Woodward and Bernstein to get scoops out of NRG. Most of the info is open and obvious if you are paying attention. I didn't even want to talk about this stuff, but it kept getting weirder.

What is also obvious is how can a head coach and QB be leaders of the team with Easterby imprinting his vision of how things should be for culture, and using *culture* as a cudgel? Football is hard enough without negotiating office politics.

Like just the idea of a "character coach" can be insulting to grown men who have already had to overcome actual challenges in their lives, be the best at their jobs, don't want a nanny, and already have a preacher. Sure there are all sorts of things that can be helpful to personal performance and then also team performance but when applied org wide in a paternalistic way by an untrusted person with the ear of the owner and GM, that has to be the absolute worst. It's a conflict to be the person people depend on for comfort and then weaponize the info you find out from that.

I am someone who wants to like people's performances at their jobs, or look at things from their POV, but just Easterby's Twitter feed alone is unprofessional for his role.

It makes no sense for Watson to leave. It also makes no sense wasting any more time with Easterby in the building. The strong GM model has pluses and minuses, but one is a lack of power by the coach. Like Caserio didn't even want to define what Easterby was doing yet. It's weird if you can't share that with the group. It would be very difficult to coach and quarterback and truly lead around those power dynamics. If your process is so dependent on one man to implement it, your process is bad.

I don't know how they figure this out with keeping him in the building other than pretending everything is great, and hoping it all works out that way. I mean look at this quote from the presser:

(McNair) "I would just follow up real quick. First of all, Nick, that was an awesome statement. I had a little tear in my eye. I love that stuff. I love your passion and the integrity that you have, and you're just going to be such a good thing for us here. Just what you said is exactly why you're here. In regards to 4 and 99, they're valued members on our team. They're important to the team and the city. They're passionate and they want to win, and those are all totally in alignment with where we're going and what we've done here in bringing Nick aboard. So it's perfect. We're totally aligned."

Anyway, I just drove by to say that yeah, this stuff is serious, they need to fix the issues, it makes no sense for Watson to go, but this is sort of a mess that undermines leadership. Clearly, Watson is standing up for his teammates but is trying not to put all the business out there. I, for one, am not blowing off things as just being a few sour grapes.

Anyway, thinking of y'all. This is a key moment in team history, and hopefully they can use this ugliness as a basis to make things better. Sometimes that happens.
The problem SS is all of this innuendo . Everyone says I hear things etc. And it may all be true. I just hope this is not a right wing left wing issue.

Last edited:
I don't believe 95% of the stuff I read about Easterby on here and only believe about 50% of the stuff I post about him myself. But they were stupid enough to keep him around and didn't have the brains to figure out that this would be the fan response so I'm more than happy to add fuel to the fire. Cal deserves every bit of the baptism by fire he's getting over this deal.

Two SI articles, and statements by Andre Johnson are all i need to know about Easterby. He’s obviously using religion as a weapon, if you hear his interview which makes me want to hammer a nail into my skull. And yes, like Max said, cal deserves every bit of this.

Yep. Well said.

If even 10% of the stuff about Easterby is true, then he should be fired for being a detriment to the franchise. And what is the probability of none of it being true? Those are long odds.

People are loving them some Caserio and hating them some Easterby. And for all practical purposes it was Easterby who hired Caserio.
You could fire Easterby today and the only thing that would change is the Texans would go from being a three headed monster to being a two headed monster. The reincarnation of Scott Pioli's Kansas City fiasco has not and will not change.

That the Texans are a dysfunctional organization should be obvious to everyone, they have been that way from the start. Change is possible though. Although as long as Eastershit is so highly prized I don't see how.
The fact that the Texans are dysfunctional organization is not the fault of Jack Easterby and Nick Caserio. They're a product of the dysfunction not the cause.

Someone using religion as a weapon might as well be preying on children

Just a personal belief
We don’t have a clue who is doing what or why. We, as in every one who’s commented on the Texans, have maybe one sliver of truth that’s been woven into a web so big & wide we don’t know what’s true anymore.

Nothing is “obvious” about what is going on at NRG.

Did the SI articles not tell us what is going on at Kirby?

We don’t have a clue who is doing what or why. We, as in every one who’s commented on the Texans, have maybe one sliver of truth that’s been woven into a web so big & wide we don’t know what’s true anymore.

People are loving them some Caserio and hating them some Easterby. And for all practical purposes it was Easterby who hired Caserio.
You could fire Easterby today and the only thing that would change is the Texans would go from being a three headed monster to being a two headed monster. The reincarnation of Scott Pioli's Kansas City fiasco has not and will not change.

Hopefully you're wrong

Hopefully he's more like Dimitroff or Robinson.

Hopefully you're wrong

Hopefully it's more like Dimitroff or Robinson.

We do have a clue that the McNairs put making money and culture over putting a winning product on the field.

We do have a clue that the McNairs put making money and culture over putting a winning product on the field.

If all they cared about is making money, they sure don't know how to do it. They repeatedly waste money, made a rookie GM 3rd highest paid in the league, and don't even know how to keep their biggest asset (DW) happy.

Making money isn't their top priority. They're just bad at their job.

If all they cared about is making money, they sure don't know how to do it. They repeatedly waste money, made a rookie GM 3rd highest paid in the league, and don't even know how to keep their biggest asset (DW) happy.

Making money isn't their top priority. They're just bad at their job.

That's chump change to a billionaire trust fund baby. Making money will never be a problem for an NFL team, especially with revenue sharing and PSLs. Bob McNair and the NFL made sure that this modern franchise is not subject to the whims of a market that is influenced by their actual results on the field. They continue to have season ticket waiting lists after losing seasons. Jamey Rootes is a master of capitalizing the marketing of the franchise away from the actual success of the team itself. He even wrote a book about it.

So, since Cal doesn't have to concern himself with the guaranteed annual revenue, he can wrap himself in morality culture and appears absolutely immune to public scrutiny of any sort. He is the local epitome of the global financial elites that succeed regardless of how the world's economies are doing.

Hopefully Cuck allows a ful rebuild. If he does I'm hoping Caserio is the man for the job.

He certainly has the credintials
By time, he has put in the time. If by he was a Belichick lackey, yes he was. Does this make him an outstanding GM? History as a judge suggest no it does not, to the contrary. Did you know Belichick has been a HC for 8 years without Brady? 6 of those 8 years were losing seasons.

Nick Caserio DID NOT make Korn Ferry's RECOMMENDED list.

Conventional Wisdom says Culley will there a couple of years and retire. Then Josh McCown will step in as the new HC. So you got that going for you.

Last edited:
So you're feeling good about Dave Culley are you?
I myself don't feel good about any first time head coach for our team,especially a 65 year old with 27 years pro coaching experience who hasn't even as much as held the position of OC or DC.

I hope my misgivings are unfounded and the doom and gloom of things as they seem now, will turn out to be unfounded.

I myself don't feel good about any first time head coach for our team,especially a 65 year old with 27 years pro coaching experience who hasn't even as much as held the position of OC or DC.

I hope my misgivings are unfounded and the doom and gloom of things as they seem now, will turn out to be unfounded.
Look on the bright side, the Texans will not have to provide health insurance for Culley since he is now qualified for Medicare.

So you're feeling good about Dave Culley are you?
While Coach Culley has never been a coordinator he has been part of a lot of winners and winning culture. He has been an assistent head coach to some successul head coaches. Why he has never been a coordinator in any of his stops is a good question. Even though I can not answer that I can say that that may be overrated in terms of taking the job of head coach. Yes, it is easy to question anybody who would take the job of head coach with this mess of a football team. The enthusiasm of DC taking the head coaching job is enough for me to have faith in him. He has to know the task at hand is a very tough one but he still looks forward to the job with great enthusiasm. Other coaches with experience as a coordinator may see things differently in regards to the job. That may well be why EB and other coordinators did not take the job.

Whatever the reason for hiring DC, I am happy for him and I have a feeling he will do well. He does not seem to be an egomaniac. I see him as humble but not a pushover.

I am sure he got honest positive reviews from the coaches he worked with in the past and those coaches are some of the most successful coaches in the league.

I choose to see the hiring of DC as a positive thing. There is no quick fix but we all will know if NC and DC were good choices for their jobs.

Go Texans!!!

Last edited:
Based on his background, I can see him relating to the players. Bring in some strong coordinators, and it could work. But first, you have to get rid of Easterby, and bring in an experienced ExecVP. Cal can hire Easteby as his personal shaman. But he has no business in the position he is in. THAT is the start of the culture shift. And bring back Amy Palcic. Seems all the players liked her.

While Coach Culley has never been a coordinator he has been part of a lot of winners and winning culture. He has been an assistent head coach to some successul head coaches. Why he has never been a coordinator in any of his stops is a good question. Even though I can not answer that I can say that that may be overrated in terms of taking the job of head coach. Yes, it is easy to question anybody who would take the job of head coach with this mess of a football team. The enthusiasm of DC taking the head coaching job is enough for me to have faith in him. He has to know the task at hand is a very tough one but he still looks forward to the job with great enthusiasm. Other coaches with experience as a coordinator may see things differently in regards to the job. That may well be why EB and other coordinators did not take the job.

Whatever the reason for hiring DC, I am happy for him and I have a feeling he will do well. He does not seem to be an egomaniac. I see him as humble but not a pushover.

I am sure he got honest positive reviews from the coaches he worked with in the past and those coaches are some of the most successful coaches in the league.

I choose to see the hiring of DC as a positive thing. There is no quick fix but we all will know if NC and DC were good choices for their jobs.

Go Texans!!!
The Houston Texans just hired Dave Culley as their new HC. They have no intention of keeping DW4.

Not likely but not impossible. I don't think DC is the straw that broke the Camels back so to speak. It boils down to Easterby.
You're missing the point. If Texans were truly intent on keeping DW4 they would've hired a much more polished coach. They hired a 65 yr old place holder that will be gone in a year or two. DC passing game in BAL finished 32nd. If the Texans did anything with this hire it was to make sure DW4 leaves Houston.

Destroying themselves until the McNair's sell the team to new ownership - aka forever. That could be decades. If you think this team is going anywhere under Cal, you're delusional.
Sometimes seemingly bad decisions turn out good. If somehow things go well it could be due to good luck. Not that I am one to place much confience in good luck or divine intervention but I am at the point where that is all I have to hold onto.

If you think this team is going anywhere under Cal, you're delusional.
I think it was a good sign that Cal introduced Caserio & Culley, then backed out. I hope this is a sign that he's going to be a silent owner from here on out. Holding Nick accountable to work within the parameters he's been given but letting him do his job.

I think it was a good sign that Cal introduced Caserio & Culley, then backed out. I hope this is a sign that he's going to be a silent owner from here on out. Holding Nick accountable to work within the parameters he's been given but letting him do his job.
Yeah..where was Jack?

Back