Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Week 6 @ Indy

I hope going forward they stop this crap of drafting dudes that have been tackles their whole life and think they will be good guards.
“Dependable, hard-worker, can play multiple positions, great teammate, brings his lunch pail to work everyday” blah blah blah, knock it off and draft players to perform at the positions they’ve worked on coming up into the league

Last edited:
This is all the result of a bad offensive line. McCray is a backup center who hadn't played a snap. The funny thing is this line is better than most under OB, which Watson made up for. But this franchise hasn't had a decent line since peak Kubiak years. A successful rebuild means acquiring at least five starters and backups.
Some people think having a pro bowl LT soon to make $26 million a year with this crappy line is a good thing. SMH! How many sacks did Christian allow? Zero I think and he gets 920,000.

Some people think having a pro bowl LT soon to make $26 million a year with this crappy line is a good thing. SMH! How many sacks did Christian allow? Zero I think and he gets 920,000.

How much pressure did Christian allow, how much help did they give Christian? How did the run game to the left side look?

There's more to the game than looking at the stats or salary cap.

I hope going forward they stop this crap of drafting dudes that have been tackles their whole life and think they will be good guards.
I remember before that draft I mentioned OB would have to draft four tackles to make sure he can actually put a LT on the field.

He didn't, but he used 5 picks. A 1st for Howard, a 2nd for Scharping, two 1sts & a 2nd for Howard.

The guy was a joke.

thoughts?
So when did it become a ‘thing‘ to emulate a pick 6 for every ‘non-pick 6‘ turnover?
So the defensive player intercepts the ball and is tackled/forced out of bounds. He gets up, returns to the field and runs into the end zone with his teammates trailing behind for a pathetic end zone show boat display. I may have to stop watching the NFL if that is not stopped with an excessive celebration penalty. I see it NFL -wide from all teams. I don’t watch college football so maybe it’s from that. :cowboy1::gun::cowboy1:

thoughts?
Don’t care what they do as long as they’re scoreboard aware. If you’re down 28-7 and the team is running down to the end zone to celebrate a pick, then stay your ass on the bench. Making the 1st down motion when you’re down 20-3, stop it already. Doing a sack dance when your D has given up 40 points? SMH

If you’re winning or it’s a close game, I have no problem with celebrations.

Don’t care what they do as long as they’re scoreboard aware.
I would extend that to season aware. If the Texans are 1-10 I don't care what they do I don't want to see any kind of group celebration. I realize that I'm being unreasonable but expecting me to be excited because the Texans beat the Jags twice in the sh*t show this season has become is pretty unreasonable too.

How much pressure did Christian allow, how much help did they give Christian? How did the run game to the left side look?

There's more to the game than looking at the stats or salary cap.
Mills didn't get any help on either side of the ball. His Oline for the most part resembled turnstiles. His running backs and TEs couldn't chip let alone pass block. Cooks was the only receiver that could get the least separation in the Colts cover 2. All this, while the offense play calling was ridiculously predictable, uncreative or head-scratching in too many situations.

And most of our D players played like they never played the cover 2. You can't play the cover 2 with only one deep safety knowing how to play the position........nor 2 CBs that belong in sandlot. And Lovie insisted on having the CBs play 10 yds off the line, giving up easy 5-8 yds right off the bat, or giving the WR the advantage of momentum and jugging the CBs out of their jock straps.

Despite all this, even with his 2 interceptions, Mills pretty much held up his own as much as could be expected under the circumstances.

Historically, the Colts and Texans games have been close. Even when Manning was playing, only once (49-14 in 2004) did his Colts beat the Texans like they did today.

Takeaways from today. It seems Kelly has done a better job with the pre-game plan and opening script. However, whether it's lack of adjustments after the opening script or using a limited playbook with Mills or teams adjusting knowing that currently Mills is a one-read QB, this play calling has erased any good will Kelly was building.

Takeaways from today. It seems Kelly has done a better job with the pre-game plan and opening script. However, whether it's lack of adjustments after the opening script or using a limited playbook with Mills or teams adjusting knowing that currently Mills is a one-read QB, this play calling has erased any good will Kelly was building.

That be quite concerning especially once teams have film on mills

Mills didn't get any help on either side of the ball. His Oline for the most part resembled turnstiles. His running backs and TEs couldn't chip let alone pass block. Cooks was the only receiver that could get the least separation in the Colts cover 2. All this, while the offense play calling was ridiculously predictable, uncreative or head-scratching in too many situations.

And most of our D players played like they never played the cover 2. You can't play the cover 2 with only one deep safety knowing how to play the position........nor 2 CBs that belong in sandlot. And Lovie insisted on having the CBs play 10 yds off the line, giving up easy 5-8 yds right off the bat, or giving the WR the advantage of momentum and jugging the CBs out of their jock straps.

Despite all this, even with his 2 interceptions, Mills pretty much held up his own as much as could be expected under the circumstances.

I will say that Collins looked promising. Needs to get Amendola back and use Ingram more as a 3 down RB, if DJ can't block better than he did today. Nevermind the fumbling issues.

Positives out of today's game,

KGH played well and it looks like Greenard is beginning to look like he's developing well.

Negatives, the DL got dominated and the secondary is awful. Also the lb's have to do a better job with the run fits.

Offense positives, Mills played well considering the ol play. Collins looked good. Howard didn't embarrass himself like he did last week and Cooks did Cooks things.

Negatives, the OL was trash and the RBs pass pro was almost as bad.

I agree with this they commit multiple false starts and holding that kill drives before they start week after week.
They need to get over that. 3rd & 12 because of a holding call on 3rd down is one thing, but 1st & 15 or 2nd & 15 is totally manageable. They need to stop acting like it's the end of the world & preparing to punt.

...Despite all this, even with his 2 interceptions, Mills pretty much held up his own as much as could be expected under the circumstances.
Listening on the radio I got the same impression. I haven't seen game specs, but Mills seemed to have a high percentage of 3rd down completions to keep drives going. Don't know how he ended up in trash time, but throughout the game when I calculated, he was completing over 70% of his passes.

I think it is on Kelly, but I don't like the horizontal pass plays as much as I do going down field with the vertical game. Percentage may go down, but more of a chance for big plays.

Back