Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Week 5: Texans vs Falcons

Pierce is not thinking like a ZBS one-cut runner. Sometimes he makes more than one move in the backfield, and he never takes the outside cutback lane. Slowick needs to get on him about that. In the ZBS you make one cut (or no cut) and GO.

Watch Arian Foster highlights to see how it's supposed to be done.

Also, he needs to be watching for a gap between Howard and Tunsil. That's going to be his lane.
I like Pierce because he is a strong, hard hitting, bust through the hole type back. He's a good back but probably not a patient find the cutback lane type of runner.

Way way too much time and they only need three. The odds still favor the dirty birds unfortunately but beautiful throw by CJ. The kid found a way and really that’s all you can ask for under the circumstances.

D needs to make one huge play. Let’s cross fingers and toes.

Did you think the Texans are a much better team than the Falcons? Here's an example of a trap game. Let's say the 49ers are playing the Texans this week and have a game against the Chiefs next week. It could be a fair assessment that the 49ers would overlook the Texans while thinking about the Chiefs.
What was the outcome of the Texans Jaguars game and then the Falcons Jaguars game? What was the outcome of the Steelers Texans game last week? If my definition of a trap game is wrong so be it. None the less it is safe to say that based on recent history and media hype our team may have gotten overconfident and overlooked the Falcons.

Last edited:
What was the outcome of the Texans Jaguars game and then the Falcons Jaguars game? What was the outcome of the Steelers Texans game last week? If my definition of a trap game is wrong so be it. None the less it is safe to say that on recent history and media hype we may have gotten too confident and overlooked the Falcons.

This is such a silly take IMO. We aren't good enough or proven enough yet to have any trap games this season.

Back