Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Week 3 Battle Red Gameday Thread: Jags @ Texans

I really don't get why our D cannot make tackles. It seems like such a basic thing that anyone from little league/peewee ball learns.

If we go to 1-2, it will show we have NOT taken a step above
"mediocrity." This team has seemed flat, and uninspired compared
to last week.

We kick the field goal. They go for it and they get the touchdown. That is the difference in the teams right there.

Well, we'll have to go for it here on out. The defense isn't going to stop them.

Man, we have a big problem on defense...what ever we are doing is not working. Three games, one sack. I don't think we can blitz any more because it is completely ineffective.

We kick the field goal. They go for it and they get the touchdown. That is the difference in the teams right there.

Its a matter of D. Why would anyone not go for it on 4th and short against this Texans D? I mean going for it on 4th and 5 seems reasonable considering they will whiff the tackle.

An offense going for it of 4th is the BIGGEST insult they can pay a defense.
When an offense goes for it on 4th IN YOUR HOUSE...you do your best to put the poor SOB holding the football in a bodycast for the rest of his life. Do the Texans HAVE a "FNG" defense?!

Its a matter of D. Why would anyone not go for it on 4th and short against this Texans D? I mean going for it on 4th and 5 seems reasonable considering they will whiff the tackle.

Because no one is attempting to:

Break bones
snap necks
cause contusions
administer concussions
or knock muff-huggas into next week.

In short our defense are a bunch of "fortune hunters" and not a bunch of "Glory hounds" interested in making ESPN highlight reels for anything OTHER THAN being the guy Jones-Drew ran past or in ever having their OWN Superbowl rings. THAT'S why.

I hate being a Texans fan. I am tired of this. I don't think I can take it anymore. I am going to have a heart attack.

Fellas............ we are half a NFL football team it just so happens our Offense is extremely good we are in for a long season if our Defense can not find consisitency

Only TWO possession for the HALF.
Looks like Schaub's gonna have to pull a Peyton to win this one.
On the other hand...
Jones-Drew is gonna keep moving chains till he busts the icing on the cake.

bad luck by Wilson.. if he wanted to lay into him, he would have .. but didn't and had his hands up

Back