Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Week 3 Battle Red Gameday Thread: Jags @ Texans

This team plays one high-effort game.
Lays one egg.

This is an 8-8 season staring us in the face. We did NOT need a fumble
at that time. In 3 downs, they can run down 1:20. A 1st down ends
the game.

8-8...you HAVE to be kidding me. There is NO freaking way this team goes 8-8. This is the easy part of our schedule. This team is what it is. Schaub is what he is. This defense is what he is. This coaching staff is what it is.

This team and this organization is mediocre. That is what we are, and that is what we will be for the foreseeable future. I don't have the freaking stomach for this crap.

We play best when nobody believes in us and we play worst when we have a little hype.

This is worst than being a Lions fan because at least they know they wont ever be good. But to be constantly up and down is so damn frstrating.

Actually, the Lions are winning.

I repeat.........Spike, go ahead and blame Schaub.....It would be in his best interests to get out of Houston. How can you blame him? If you dont know anything about the game of football.

Well, he is the head coach. It is on him to make sure the offense and Defense is ready for each game.

Yes.

A BS pass interfence call on Walter and then Chris Brown fumbling at the goal line, and then Mario Williams with the dumbass horsecollar tackle is Kubiak's fault.

I wouldn't really put this loss on Kubiak.

8-8...you HAVE to be kidding me. There is NO freaking way this team goes 8-8. This is the easy part of our schedule. This team is what it is. Schaub is what he is. This defense is what he is. This coaching staff is what it is.

This team and this organization is mediocre. That is what we are, and that is what we will be for the foreseeable future. I don't have the freaking stomach for this crap.

Schaub played pretty well today. Despite a couple of bone headed plays, he was fine. What cost us today is our Defense. When you consistently give up long runs, don't tackle, and pretty much poorly you cannot win games.

Todays Texans game is an example of why I think American Football is silly, and that the NFL is a show more than a sport. Im not european or anything i just happen to like most all sports and this one, American football has the worst rules, the worst integrity and the 2nd worst officials(NBA)......

Im seriously thinking of jumpiong ship to a team with a D, and that scares me, that thought has never crossed my Astros/Rockets mind....

p.s.You think we would have won with a that TD? no no no, MJD would ran down the last minute and theyda kicked a FG, why? CUZ OUR D COACHING IS A JOKE!!!

Yes.

A BS pass interfence call on Walter and then Chris Brown fumbling at the goal line, and then Mario Williams with the dumbass horsecollar tackle is Kubiak's fault.

That right there, was the game.

Yes.

No no. I don't blame Kubes for that. I blame Kubes for having his D giving up the big run to MJD like he allowed Chris Johnson last week, and AD in preseason. I blame Kubes for not having his D doing enough tackling drills because their tackling was piss poor today. I blame Kubes for not getting enough pressure on the QB. THATS why this lays on Kubes' feet. If your offense can score 20-30 points, you should not lose.

Our defense is absolutely horrible. Kubiak will lose his job for hiring Frank Bush and not interviewing other defensive cordinators. This defense is so bad it is an embarrassment to the NFL. 0 and 2 to start at home is a killer. We just handed the Colts the division.

Yes.

Bingo, bingo and... bingo....

Talk about a triple rob...

Schaub played pretty well today. Despite a couple of bone headed plays, he was fine. What cost us today is our Defense. When you consistently give up long runs, don't tackle, and pretty much poorly you cannot win games.

I did not intend to attack Schaub directly...his name just popped into my head in my rant. He played well and got up after a lot of licks today.

I am just worn out following this team. All of these years, and we can never seem to turn a corner. This is the most frustrating team to follow in the history of sports.

Bingo, bingo and... bingo....

Talk about a triple rob...

Maybe, but ti should not have gotten to that point. We gave MJD a free TD and gave the Jags all kinds of free first downs because of poor tackling. The Jags converted on about 28% of the time on 3rd down entering the game. At one point they were 5/8. You cannot let an opponent convert on 50+% of 3rd down.

ncf6zq.gif

Just dissapointed.......not worth spending more time than that describing it. Should have beat the Jags, our D is really, really bad.

Should have had the whole COOGS team on the sideline during the game, to remind this team that at least SOME PLAYERS in Houston give a **** and play hard!

Today's D gets the POOF lion! :lion:

The call on Walter doesn't really matter. Our defense played terrible so its on them, the dc and Kubiak. The Texans didn't deserve to win. We keep picking up scrubs to fill holes and it just gets uglier and uglier. McNair better look out because Houston will end up turning their back on this team if this continues. He'll end up in Memphis playing the Titans in the possum bowl every year.

I'd fire Bush if for no other reason than looking like we are doing something to change things. This is bad football at its best.

i have seriously been considering booking a flight to come and watch a game this season but on the display of today, i think im better saving my money, and stick with the game at wembley this year again.

Don't blame this on Brown. I know it's easy to say he shouldn't fumble regardless, but he should have never been running the ball. Texans should have tied the game by then.

As for the players...all that talk and nothing. You come out and lose at home. Congrats to another 8-8 season. Maybe we win 9!

Maybe, but ti should not have gotten to that point. We gave MJD a free TD and gave the Jags all kinds of free first downs because of poor tackling. The Jags converted on about 28% of the time on 3rd down entering the game. At one point they were 5/8. You cannot let an opponent convert on 50+% of 3rd down.

True true, it just pisses me off that even though our D is a big freaking hole, our offense still keeps us within a win.

I just had a premonition, Frank Bush will get fired or demoted tomorrow!!!

When our D gives up 3-4 TDs every game we'll do well to win 6-7 games. We can't outshoot folks every week. The D has to hold up their end.

Everybody's ready to fire the defensive coordinator...again. Well if your first failed & it looks as if the 2nd one will too, what does that tell you?......We need more talent; preferably at Safety & DT please.

I agree, we let them in the game from the get go. One call doesn't change crap. If we would have taken care of our business and been ready to play from the opening kick on both sides of the ball, we would have won and none of these crap would even matter. We just got our asses handed to us and we didn't change anything that we saw in the preseason and the first two games of the year on defense to stop the run.

Their is enough blame on this loss to go around. The players, the front office, the coaching staff all sucked today. This defense will come back and bite Kubes in the ass because he didn't do any real interviewing outside of the organization for a DC. He as the head coach has to have them ready to play every game on both sides of the ball.

This is just demoralizing as a fan though.

Everybody's ready to fire the defensive coordinator...again. Well if your first failed & it looks as if the 2nd one will too, what does that tell you?......We need more talent; preferably at Safety & DT please.

We've had 2 bad ones in a row?

I don't think it's the DC...it's the friggin secondary.

When are we going to invest in high picks and FA money in bringing in quality players?

When are we going to invest in high picks and FA money in bringing in quality players?

IMO the D-coach then needs to get some players that work, or use a system that works with the players he's got...

Aaaah...
I remember this argument well.
Is it lack of talent or a failure of the scheme that is our issue on defense?

Inconsistency, frustration continues.

Some late calls were suspect, but you have to be able to win those types of games. Holding on to the ball is key, though imo Brown's knee was down.

So frustrating............

We've had 2 bad ones in a row?

3 if u count capers even though he was a head coach but he pretty much ran the D..

Dom Capers...richard smith....Frank Bush.....

I think i know where i fall on the "talent vs. scheme" debate...

I'm never getting fired up while reading quotes from our players after a win. All of that "we turned the corner" BS this entire week.

Child please.

Back