Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Week 2: Texans vs Colts

Technically, he ran the LT out of position. Had he stayed in the pocket at the very least he could have thrown it away.

As it was, he makes it difficult for the LT to protect him by running outside of him. Defender just disengages & he's free to sack the QB.
Jones backed right into the pocket. The only real chance Stroud had was to step through the gap that developed between the RG & RT. He had an open check down tight there.

I'm thinking I saw two drops & one errant pass.

What did you see?

Pretty good game for Stroud & the receivers. Hopefully next week we'll see a more pass focus oriented game plan to open up the run game a bit. I was happy to see the tosses, pitches, & involving the RBs in the passing game.

Those last 2 plays, folks on both sides looked they were playing in the probowl. Horrible effort #50.

Hopefully next week we'll see a more pass focus oriented game plan to open up the run game a bit.
I don't even know what the Texans are trying to do in the run game. Does it look like zone blocking? Does it look like blocking? Would it kill the OC if they called a few draws or RPOs? Even if every starting OL comes back, will that solve anything?

Lance Zierlein said on his podcast on 08/30 that ownership is going to have to own the CJ Stroud pick. It’s on the podcast at the 21 minute mark. The podcast titled “John Defends the Indefensible”.

After the draft. Lol. Literally LOL.

Lance Z before the draft, said X and Y ended up happening. AKA his sources weren't correct.

So his sources are only correct when it makes sense with what you think?

He was wrong this year at the draft. Horribly wrong.

And I will mention again sense reading comprehension is a struggle. He said last year when he got Stingley and Green correct. Those sources were college related. AKA THEY WERE NOT TEXANS SOURCES...................................................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Most impressive stat for CJ. No interceptions first two games. I can’t remember the last time a rookie QB tossed that many throws in the first two games of his career, and was that clean. His accuracy and field vision are huge pluses.

He also leads guys WAY better than Mills as long as he gets the time. For an example, look at the one to Nico that caught him in stride. He throws a beautiful, very catchable ball.

Stylistically, he is my preferred type of QB. An accurate Pocket passer who sees the entire field, and is basically a PG in football form.

It’s only two games, but he is way, way, ahead of the curve as far as I’m concerned.

I don’t know if the success on offense is repeatable going forward until there is some semblance of a credible Oline, seems like Indy let up and stopped bringing pressure once they got a big lead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope. They were still sending guys.

Most impressive stat for CJ. No interceptions first two games. I can’t remember the last time a rookie QB tossed that many throws in the first two games of his career, and was that clean. His accuracy and field vision are huge pluses.

He also leads guys WAY better than Mills as long as he gets the time. For an example, look at the one to Nico that caught him in stride. He throws a beautiful, very catchable ball.

Stylistically, he is my preferred type of QB. An accurate Pocket passer who sees the entire field, and is basically a PG in football form.

It’s only two games, but he is way, way, ahead of the curve as far as I’m concerned.

But But... his S2 test... ******* LOL.

man our defense without two safeties is embarrassing

Slowlik sucks at play calling on offense. Offense kept taking their time down big and you also ran a fb dive near the GL

cj is going to be a stud. Almost 400 yards and 2 passing tds with 4 starters missing on the o line is impressive. You can’t blame him at all. He’s doing better than some high priced QBs in these last two weeks

I wasn’t able to watch the game. I know we lost. But could someone give a synopsis on how we played? I see that Nico and Tank had a decent game.

What were the positives and negatives of the game?

The Texans are forever cemented in the category of 13 teams that have never won a super bowl and they will never leave that sad group of teams/fan bases.
#never
Factory of sadness

Prove me wrong Texans. Oh yeah - McNair Jr likes beer, food, tickets and merch sales. NOT WINNING.

I've called him the QB version of DeAndre Hopkins and I'm sticking by that

People don't like their athleticism even though neither is a bad athlete, they're just not combine warriors.

Their strengths lie in the fundamental basics of the game, Hopkins with catching and Stroud with accuracy.

It's early but I'm already convinced. Stroud is the guy.

Back