Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Week 2: Texans vs Colts

I think you got it bassackwards. I can see the forest and the trees because my eyeballs are not floating in Kool-Aid. You do know that a glass half empty is grammatically incorrect, right? Half of anything that is empty, is empty. The owner hired the GM, and the HC and made 1st RD draft picks but has nothing to do with outcome and performance. OK then.
Well if everyone would quit drinking out of the darn glass it wouldn't be half full or half empty! It would be full.

626 attempts with no INTs? Pre-game one, I wouldn't have thought that. What I want from him and the others including coaching is significant, measurable improvement.

So far from Stroud, Collins (another one I expected to have mediocre season) and Patterson, I have been pleased.

I hope this is a troll post because if this is serious...oof

The guy is outperforming several QBs who just got handed extensions over the course of the season through two weeks with 4/5 starting O line men out, a rookie OC who seems over his depth, and no running game. It's for sure impressive if nothing else
His username says it all. Looks like they only came on here to troll.

Well if everyone would quit drinking out of the darn glass it wouldn't be half full or half empty! It would be full.
Half empty automatically assumes the other half is filled. If not then what is in the other half? It is logically incorrect to assume nothing unless someone can define how to measure half of nothing. To assume something half filled is empty is logically incorrect. Half empty only proceeds from filled or greater than half filled. Half empty cannot proceed from empty unless the other half is filled.

If the run game would have been anywhere near competent today it may have changed the outcome.
like I said, “may have”

Garbage stats or not, QB1 hasn’t thrown a INT in about 90 attempts. That’s pretty damn good.
gotta get this Oline back and together.
Having said that, what happened to the defense? It was UGLY today. Can’t tackle and still don’t know what to do with tight ends.
Not having Ward and Petrie really hurt the defense today.

Half empty automatically assumes the other half is filled. If not then what is in the other half? It is logically incorrect to assume nothing unless someone can define how to measure half of nothing. To assume something half filled is empty is logically incorrect. Half empty only proceeds from filled or greater than half filled. Half empty cannot proceed from empty unless the other half is filled.
Spock? I thought you died?

Man y’all ninjas need to stop the crazy talk. Giants were down three touchdowns as well and came back and won. The game isn’t over until it’s over. If the Texans score a Touchdown on the previous drive before the last one, the score would’ve been 31-27. With a FG 31-23.
Ive seen teams come back from being down 28 and win.
Yep, the commanders with EB calling plays came back on Denver today

Spock? I thought you died?
Lol, buffoonery awakens me. Glass half empty or half full is a metaphor that requires a glass to be half filled with a measurable substance and half empty space. half full or empty of course defines an optimist or pessimist. An empty glass is outside the boundaries of the metaphor and was not relevant to its use in the post.

I think you got it bassackwards. I can see the forest and the trees because my eyeballs are not floating in Kool-Aid. You do know that a glass half empty is grammatically incorrect, right? Half of anything that is empty, is empty. The owner hired the GM, and the HC and made 1st RD draft picks but has nothing to do with outcome and performance. OK then.

spilling-spits.gif

There are clear areas for improvement for Stroud:

- don’t take unnecessary sacks and don’t lose unnecessary yards doing so. A big part of this is on the o-line, it he needs to get better at seeing the blitz both before and during the play and have a plan. Also hold on to the ball better
- when you have to improvise it is better to throw the ball away then to throw up a prayer. I have counted two balls that could and maybe should have been intercepted.

But seriously- if that’s the ciriticism of your rookie qb after two games, while he has to just thrown for close to 400 yards, has yet to throw an interception and has great stats on third and fourth down, you can be very happy. Stroud has looked a lot better than I’d hoped and both O-line and the running game were a lot worse than I expected. I am thrilled!

Lol, buffoonery awakens me. Glass half empty or half full is a metaphor that requires a glass to be half filled with a measurable substance and half empty space. half full or empty of course defines an optimist or pessimist. An empty glass is outside the boundaries of the metaphor and was not relevant to its use in the post.
So.. metaphors never venture outside their boundaries? Those non risk takers! How boring. My mama used to tell me I was always pushing her boundaries. Man she would take that belt and bend it in half and make it pop right before...
And that's no buffoonery.

So.. metaphors never venture outside their boundaries? Those non risk takers! How boring. My mama used to tell me I was always pushing her boundaries. Man she would take that belt and bend it in half and make it pop right before...
And that's no buffoonery.
People cant relate to this these days.

The defense with no tfls and 1 qb hit. That cover 3 with no pressure is no different than Lovie cover 2. Perryman getting decleated by the wr is an issue. Why Stingley can't man up the best wr and roll the other side.

Looked like Minshew/Richardson were taking candy from a baby. I expected the offense to struggle until the OL gets healthy. The defense has been really disappointing.

Looked like Minshew/Richardson were taking candy from a baby. I expected the offense to struggle until the OL gets healthy. The defense has been really disappointing.
I've said many times, aside from pass rush, LB coverage has been below average for years. Harris has the speed to cover, but the awareness might be lacking. Perryman has never been good in coverage. If your lbs can't hold a zone or a spot, you're screwed.

I've said many times, aside from pass rush, LB coverage has been below average for years. Harris has the speed to cover, but the awareness might be lacking. Perryman has never been good in coverage. If your lbs can't hold a zone or a spot, you're screwed.

Definitely something to address this offseason. It's why I wanted Caserio to spend the money on Edmunds this offseason. Ryans still looking for his Fred Warner.

Georgia has 2 really good looking LB's this yr.

im sorry...who are your sources???
oh whats good for the goose isnt good for the gander?? Imagine that...
but to answer your question several podcasters on youtube that cover the texans...take a look. they arent hard to find.
I named people like former scout Broaddus, I could also name former scout Jeremiah, Brooks?

Name a couple for me that have the background of these guys?

Meco stayed in that 3 deep even while Indy was just quick passing them to death. None of the LBs played with any awareness. Meco didn't adjust at all

Ehh, i'll give him a pass here. Its easy to criticize his gameplan based on what we saw happening time & time again in that game & the result, but I think part of that was he was protecting his secondary from being vulnerable to the deep shot. We came into the game starting our 3rd and 4th string safeties....... & then lost our 3rd stringer early in that game...so now we're starting guys who really would only be on the field for ST & in the worst possible situation...That worst possible situation arrived when Murray got knocked out with a concussion. & its Hard to adjust your gameplan to be more aggressive at attacking the dink & dunk stuff underneath when you don't have the confidence in the guys on the backend deemed "last resorts".

IOW's he chose a slow death to try to keep us in the game instead of the quick bullet to the head death we might've suffered if he began blitzing Minshew leaving the CB's out on an island with special team safeties.

Ehh, i'll give him a pass here. Its easy to criticize his gameplan based on what we saw happening time & time again in that game & the result, but I think part of that was he was protecting his secondary from being vulnerable to the deep shot. We came into the game starting our 3rd and 4th string safeties....... & then lost our 3rd stringer early in that game...so now we're starting guys who really would only be on the field for ST & in the worst possible situation...That worst possible situation arrived when Murray got knocked out with a concussion. & its Hard to adjust your gameplan to be more aggressive at attacking the dink & dunk stuff underneath when you don't have the confidence in the guys on the backend deemed "last resorts".

IOW's he chose a slow death to try to keep us in the game instead of the quick bullet to the head death we might've suffered if he began blitzing Minshew leaving the CB's out on an island with special team safeties.
Who they're going to get beat deep by? Its not so much about blitzing as much as it was about pressing the wrs? I mean Sting is supposed to be a lockdown man cb, correct? So you can'r put him man up on Pittman and roll coverage to Pierce?

Who they're going to get beat deep by? Its not so much about blitzing as much as it was about pressing the wrs? I mean Sting is supposed to be a lockdown man cb, correct? So you can'r put him man up on Pittman and roll coverage to Pierce?

No team runs man coverage more than 30% of the time; and that’s being generous. So You could’ve done what you’re suggesting, but in the end, you’re still exposed with the inexperienced safeties at least 70% of the time in some type of zone coverage. Only now, you have the added threat of the qb possibly taking off and running b/c playing man involves all the defenders turning their back on the offense. So basically, you’d get the same result; death by a thousand paper cuts..& that’s if our depleted secondary played lights out man coverage and forced the check downs…which would be unrealistic.

Neither approach were great options I know, but it was slightly better to play a defense that keeps everything in front of you and force the offense to string together 10-15 plays for a score. That puts pressure on them to play mistake free ball, slows the game down and gives your guys the opportunity to possibly get a turnover. On the flip side, it can wear your defense down over time if they can’t stop them.

It was the right call imo b/c we were still in the game when Minshew came in, the offense just got going a little too late.

No team runs man coverage more than 30% of the time; and that’s being generous. So You could’ve done what you’re suggesting, but in the end, you’re still exposed with the inexperienced safeties at least 70% of the time in some type of zone coverage. Only now, you have the added threat of the qb possibly taking off and running b/c playing man involves all the defenders turning their back on the offense. So basically, you’d get the same result; death by a thousand paper cuts..& that’s if our depleted secondary played lights out man coverage and forced the check downs…which would be unrealistic.

Neither approach were great options I know, but it was slightly better to play a defense that keeps everything in front of you and force the offense to string together 10-15 plays for a score. That puts pressure on them to play mistake free ball, slows the game down and gives your guys the opportunity to possibly get a turnover. On the flip side, it can wear your defense down over time if they can’t stop them.

It was the right call imo b/c we were still in the game when Minshew came in, the offense just got going a little too late.
Disagree, but I will leave it at that. The all 22 paint a picture of back peddling, soft corners, and lbs playing zone like high schoolers.

Back