Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Week 13: The Brown stains smear the Texans

Lol, you throw so much bunk around here you cant even keep track of it…thats been proven….

So Nah bro this is all you & Texansballer. Double down on your Kyle Allen love…tell me more about how much better the offense would look with him at qb instead of Mills.

Tell me more about how Allen was balling before his ankle injury & how he was gonna allow for Pep to open the playbook more b/c they didn’t trust to do it with Mills.

in these 2 games he’s been starting, the offense somehow looks worse if you can believe it. Reminds me of my favorite line from the movie the big short…

”so mortgage bonds are dog **** and CDO’s are dog **** wrapped in cat ****”….in this case sub out “mortgage bonds” for Mills and “CDO’s” Allen.
Lol to these guys. Kyle Allen's grotesque play make Mills play look downright respectable. As inconsistent and bad as the play looked at times, there were actually considerable amounts of positive stretches interwoven. Now we have Kyle Allen throwing ducks on screen passes and fumbling sneak plays on the goaline. Lol.

own your b.s. takes….
Your first B.S. is that you've been trying to associate me with Kyle Allen.

I never even wanted Allen on the team.
In fact, I've never wanted any of these three QBs on the team.

It was your guy, Nick Caserio, that put them on the team.

Don't B.S. and put any of that on me.

Go have a talk to your guy.

Caserio has been doing a good job, LOL.

What B.S.

I had the impression during the game that Allen was taking more shots downfield than Mills had. We have 5 games left. Put Mills back in and let him open the game up, regardless of the consequences or turnovers.

Last edited:
What the Texans should do is draft a QB and assume Mills is the backup. Create a competition in the offseason between incumbent and shiny new toy. 1000000% fire Hamilton and Lovie Smith and bring in modern NFL coaches... Tons of candidates to interview from Ben Johnson, Ken Dorsey etc. Trade down from #1 overall and fix the gaping holes all over the team with cornerstone talent. Pick QB with developmental talent but not #1 overall. Let someone else set back their organization 3-4 years by taking Young/Stroud.
Just have a difference of opinion with drafting strategy, but I'm flexable.

Just have a difference of opinion with drafting strategy, but I'm flexable.
The fact that credible draft pundits are now floating Will Levis as the #1 overall pick for the Texans is proof positive that there's no sure-fire QB talent worth taking at #1. We have to draft a QB 100%, but would rather the extra picks to plag at least 1/2 dozen gaping holes on both sides of the ball. Maybe trade up late 1st to get a QB or early 2nd. Sadly, I'm not confident management is going to make the right decision here.

Last edited:
The fact that credible draft pundits are now floating Will Levis as the #1 overall pick for the Texans is proof positive that there's no sure-fire QB talent worth taking at #1. We have to draft a QB 100%, but would rather the extra picks to plag at least 1/2 gaping holes on both sides of the ball. Maybe trade up late 1st to get a QB or early 2nd. Sadly, I'm not confident management is going to make the right decision here.

Agreed. The smart move would be to skip this draft for taking a QB and bringing in a bridge vet. If Mills improves under new coaching, then great. If not, we have two firsts in 2024.

But that would be the smart move, which is asking a lot.

The fact that credible draft pundits are now floating Will Levis as the #1 overall pick for the Texans is proof positive that there's no sure-fire QB talent worth taking at #1. We have to draft a QB 100%, but would rather the extra picks to plag at least 1/2 gaping holes on both sides of the ball. Maybe trade up late 1st to get a QB or early 2nd. Sadly, I'm not confident management is going to make the right decision here.
Very early on I supported trading down; then changed my position to one of taking Young. I can go either way, BUT, if we trade down, I 'd go heavy on defense. If we take Young, or a QB, I 'd go heavy on offense. No half measures this year, where we might be improved next year but still bad. I'd like to be good on one side of the ball or the other. It's just my preference for it to be offense.

Agreed. The smart move would be to skip this draft for taking a QB and bringing in a bridge vet. If Mills improves under new coaching, then great. If not, we have two firsts in 2024.

But that would be the smart move, which is asking a lot.
Two problems. First, you are assuming we can sign a veteran QB that is not a jag. Why would a vet sign here knowing he will be sitting the pine first chance the Texans have? And second, you are assuming the Texans will be able to use their two picks in '24 to draft the QB of their choice. It takes two to tango. The old adage is, a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

Can't believe you guys are having a heated debate over two QBs that shouldn't be on an NFL roster. Shouldn't be shocked, I remember the Ryan Mallet days.
Other than size, explain why Young isn't an NFL caliber QB. If, and that's a big if, the Texans should fix the OL, draft a WR and TE and another RB, Young could be an excellent starter in a modern offense.. Or if he went to a team and coaching staff that knew how to best utilize his talents.

Other than size, explain why Young isn't an NFL caliber QB. If, and that's a big if, the Texans should fix the OL, draft a WR and TE and another RB, Young could be an excellent starter in a modern offense.. Or if he went to a team and coaching staff that knew how to best utilize his talents.

I meant Allen and Mills LOL.

I am a big fan of Young, would love for him to be the pick at No. 1.

I can understand the "size" issue with Young, but in 2022 I think it matters a lot less than say 1992. First off, QB's wear dresses these days. Nobody can lay a hand on them without a flag. If a guy can learn to slide and avoid the big hit most of the time, his physical size isn't going to be a huge issue. Now...here's where the rubber meets the road. Does the GM have the ability to hire an offensive mind that can mold and design a system around Young's skillset. If so, I think he can be highly successful. PS - Lovie and his sock puppet Pep aren't it.

I can understand the "size" issue with Young, but in 2022 I think it matters a lot less than say 1992. First off, QB's wear dresses these days. Nobody can lay a hand on them without a flag. If a guy can learn to slide and avoid the big hit most of the time, his physical size isn't going to be a huge issue. Now...here's where the rubber meets the road. Does the GM have the ability to hire an offensive mind that can mold and design a system around Young's skillset. If so, I think he can be highly successful. PS - Lovie and his sock puppet Pep aren't it.

Disagree that the QBs size doesn’t matter as much as it used to.

He still needs to see down field. And the players he is looking over are bigger and faster than in 1992.

He still needs to see down field. And the players he is looking over are bigger and faster than in 1992.
Is Young a pocket passer? Good qb's also have the ability to slide in the pocket to find the passing windows.

Reactions: JB
Is Young a pocket passer? Good qb's also have the ability to slide in the pocket to find the passing windows.

So you want to draft a QB who can’t/isn’t good/is handicapped throwing from the pocket? Whatever you want to call it - it doesn’t sound good enough to make a franchise QB.

Cal is such a wimp. I would have had so much respect for him if he refused to shake his hand. Apparently his wife has the testicular fortitude in that relationship.

This just goes to show that fans are far more emotionally involved with this situation than Cal, who just paid $10 million for a guy to lie to him, make him look like a fool, and sit at home.

Another example that sports fans take losses harder than the players.

The disconnect is real.

The horrible Abominable PERVERT week is now officially over, but we'll still keep talking about the mother ****** for the next fifteen billion years.

I hereby request that the board administrators add "PERVERT" to the filter list of naughty words that get automatically edited out.

Great idea. :D

• Haha
Cal is such a wimp. I would have had so much respect for him if he refused to shake his hand. Apparently his wife has the testicular fortitude in that relationship.

This just goes to show that fans are far more emotionally involved with this situation than Cal, who just paid $10 million for a guy to lie to him, make him look like a fool, and sit at home.

The disconnect is real.

Great idea. :D

Hannah will be running the Texans as soon as Janice is out of the picture.

Nice.

Now we have posters who think Young will be a HOF QB like Wilson and Brees and win a Super Bowl.

Excuse me? Where did I say that? This shouldn't need clarity but apparently so...

Brees and Wilson weren't really any taller, and they somehow managed to be successful. Saying that Young cannot be because he is too small is at best short-sighted (pun intended) and doesn't hold up to other good QB's coming out of college. Hell, take Kyler Murray for that matter. He's a successful NFL QB and is 5' 10". He isn't the best in the NFL, but he is regarded as a successful NFL QB, whose team just signed up to an extension.

Hell, take Kyler Murray for that matter. He's a successful NFL QB and is 5' 10". He isn't the best in the NFL, but he is regarded as a successful NFL QB, whose team just signed up to an extension.
EXACTLY the type of situation the Texans want to avoid. If you think Young is another Murray, stay farrrrr away. If young is projected to be materially better, then there's a conversation.

I would rather watch Kyler Murray then the trash we have now. Don’t let the perfect be the enemy of the better.
Yeah, sure. Murray might be a little better and optically amore palatable. He would still suck around this team tho. Most importantly, he's mid-tier with a massive salary, so the Cardinals are saddled with an albatross around their neck. The goal is to win championships not to have somebody a little more aesthetically pleasing to watch.

It's about using the passing lanes. A couple of inches ain't what makes a QB

The fact that credible draft pundits are now floating Will Levis as the #1 overall pick for the Texans is proof positive that there's no sure-fire QB talent worth taking at #1. We have to draft a QB 100%, but would rather the extra picks to plag at least 1/2 dozen gaping holes on both sides of the ball. Maybe trade up late 1st to get a QB or early 2nd. Sadly, I'm not confident management is going to make the right decision here.

Would you be upset if Caserio filled the holes in the draft, filled the QB position with a vet QB and drafted a QB in 2024, knowing the team will still suck in 2023?

Yeah, sure. Murray might be a little better and optically amore palatable. He would still suck around this team tho. Most importantly, he's mid-tier with a massive salary, so the Cardinals are saddled with an albatross around their neck. The goal is to win championships not to have somebody a little more aesthetically pleasing to watch.
Quoted for truth.

For some your last sentence isn't true.

Would you be upset if Caserio filled the holes in the draft, filled the QB position with a vet QB and drafted a QB in 2024, knowing the team will still suck in 2023?
Of course, because it's going to suck regardless of what happens. The team is too far away in talent on both sides of the ball + new incoming coaching staff that it doesn't really matter at present. I think the main priority is not making a mistake on your lottery QB. If he's genuinely there now, then take him. If not, wait until 2024.

Excuse me? Where did I say that? This shouldn't need clarity but apparently so...

Brees and Wilson weren't really any taller, and they somehow managed to be successful. Saying that Young cannot be because he is too small is at best short-sighted (pun intended) and doesn't hold up to other good QB's coming out of college. Hell, take Kyler Murray for that matter. He's a successful NFL QB and is 5' 10". He isn't the best in the NFL, but he is regarded as a successful NFL QB, whose team just signed up to an extension.
So you're in the 1 in a million club?

You wouldn’t be comparing them if you didn’t think that otherwise. The fact that you use them first rather than Kyler Murray says as much.

Then you say Kyler Murray is a successful QB? I got ocean front property in Arizona to sell you.

The issue is we don’t know how tall Young actually is and it is being reported that he is shorter than Brees, Wilson and Murray.

You don’t take risks like that. It is worse than drafting a corner with lisfranc injury.

A corner can be replaced more easily than a QB. Texans fans should know that by now.

I would rather watch Kyler Murray then the trash we have now. Don’t let the perfect be the enemy of the better.

This shows you are making emotional driven decisions rather than logical ones.

Build for the long term and don’t go for the flash in the pan.

Then being entertained is more important to you than winning a championship. Murray isn't winning a championship ever.
The Cardinals really screwed up when they caved into Murray holdout antics and gave him the new 5-year deal @ $46.1M AAV. A couple of games ago when the Cards were playing in Mexico the announcers questioned whether Colt McCoy was even a downgrade to the offense lol. They should have walked away despite potential blowback. Now they are stuck with a mid QB for awhile in which $160M of that salary is guaranteed

Then being entertained is more important to you than winning a championship. Murray isn't winning a championship ever.

Why does it need to be one or the other? Part of it is definitely sitting down to watch my favorite team and being entertained. This is an entertainment sport at its heart. That doesn't mean that the ultimate goal isn't a championship. But the NFL has one winner out of 32 each year. How many teams outside the Brady led Pats win more than 1 or 2 over a decade or so? VERY few right? So, make the team watchable is a first step. They are not right now. Then make them entertaining and fun and interesting and hopefully they start winning with some consistency. Lastly, try to put them into position to win big.

The Cardinals really screwed up when they caved into Murray holdout antics and gave him the new 5-year deal @ $46.1M AAV. A couple of games ago when the Cards were playing in Mexico the announcers questioned whether Colt McCoy was even a downgrade to the offense lol. They should have walked away despite potential blowback. Now they are stuck with a mid QB for awhile in which $160M of that salary is guaranteed

Speaking of this give me Dalton/Minshew/McCoy under center next yr.

Speaking of this give me Dalton/Minshew/McCoy under center next yr.
Meh. Won't make things materially better but your point of bringing in much better competition for Mills is valid. I think we all see what a downgrade Allen is. Make it a legitimate competition also - a competition which drives both QBs to raise their play. Can't be annointed next year.

Last edited:
Why does it need to be one or the other? Part of it is definitely sitting down to watch my favorite team and being entertained. This is an entertainment sport at its heart. That doesn't mean that the ultimate goal isn't a championship. But the NFL has one winner out of 32 each year. How many teams outside the Brady led Pats win more than 1 or 2 over a decade or so? VERY few right? So, make the team watchable is a first step. They are not right now. Then make them entertaining and fun and interesting and hopefully they start winning with some consistency. Lastly, try to put them into position to win big.

Because their singular focus should be on winning a championship.

Luhnow had this vision as the Stros lost 100 games 3 yrsin a row and Luhnow did nothing to throw this vision off by trying to speed up the process. Things like bringing Springer up early, although the media/fans roasted him for not doing what they wanted Luhnow to do. Hopefully Caserio can stay strong and not cave in to the media/public pressure so he can rebuild the team correctly like Luhnow did. The Texansorg has never had a true championship contender because they haven't been built correctly since day 1.

Remain patient and in 2 yrs you will be entertained. The winning should start after Caserio uses the Derrick picks if he does his job in the draft and these rookies get some experience.

Back