Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Week 13: The Brown stains smear the Texans

This is why I hope they end his career on Sunday.

Even if they lose 100-0 I would consider that to be a great day.

I'm not putting any stock into this game beyond watching it. Wishing that kind of juju on someone has a way of making its way back to you....my belief anyway. If the Texans win, great..if they don't..i don't see it as some type of referendum on anyone.........................except Lovie.

I'm not putting any stock into this game beyond watching it. Wishing that kind of juju on someone has a way of making its way back to you....my belief anyway. If the Texans win, great..if they don't..i don't see it as some type of referendum on anyone.........................except Lovie.

Agreed about this not being a referendum on anything but Lovie.

Let me put the not being able to walk out of NRG another way. Derrick beat the system, if there's any bad JuJu I hope it happens in front of some of the women he took advantage of, can you imagine if he suffered a Theismann type injury, those women would hopefully feel somewhat vindicated.

IIRC someone posted that 11 game suspension was NFL's way of sticking to Cleveland as DW's contract will not roll which would benefit Browns. My hope is he is very rusty but I doubt it.

Normally we'd frown on such an unsportsmanlike mentality, but every rule has an exception. I'm with you. I want to see broken. :evil:

Houston fans know in their hearts that this is a classic Lucy-holding-ball set up game.

We've experienced this setup for decades and can feel it in our bones.

There is barely anyone left caring about this franchise. They've done just about everything they can to alienate the fanbase and their seemingly infinite arrogance and obvious greed is at odds with a working class fan base.

Cal, the little naked emperor, has enough yes-men around him to ensure that nobody will mention his lack of clothes and lack of football acumen, so the merry-go-round just continues to go around in circles while Cal goes up and down on his fake, but very pretty, horsie.

And perhaps there is no greater examples of the decline of western civilization and it's growing lack of morals and standards.

Yeah, let's overpay our entertainers and celebrate them even whey they are dispicable human beings. Sounds like a true recipe for eventual society meltdown and collapse, coming soon to a city near you. This situation is just a symptom of a much greater disease in this country.
Your takes are spot on as usual

Let me put the not being able to walk out of NRG another way. Derrick beat the system, if there's any bad JuJu I hope it happens in front of some of the women he took advantage of, can you imagine if he suffered a Theismann type injury, those women would hopefully feel somewhat vindicated.

their best bet at recovery would be to erase DW4 from their memories…not attend his games in the hopes of seeing him hurt…or sone other reasoning b/c no matter what happens its not gonna erase what he supposedly took away from them

their best bet at recovery would be to erase DW4 from their memories…not attend his games in the hopes of seeing him hurt…or sone other reasoning b/c no matter what happens its not gonna erase what he supposedly took away from them
No but I bet they would like to see a little karma

Just don't say "Break a leg," for that is well known to be something you say to someone you want to do great out there.........i.e., “Good luck, give a good performance.”

I Wish Watson and his team to be distracted during the game by his own foul brown presence..............

1669771409640.png

It's not "irony" when it's "planned".

Irony happens naturally, not artificially.

As for Vick vs Watson.

Vick said: "Go get'em dog.... then come over."

This is just what we as older folks are seeing in our time but i'd argue this is nothing new. People have always been willing to look the other way with Morals and Standards for the right price... Andrew Carnegie only sought to put his name on everything he could b/c he was trying to cleanse his name & legacy of all the smut and crap he undertook building his steel empire. Its the rich..not entertainers. But I'm sure parents of girls in the late 19th century thought the same thing when thier baby girls dared to make pants a regular clothing option for them instead of southern belle dresses lol.....

& there are plenty of fans who still care about the Texans.....me for 1...Like me tho, they likely just don't care enough to drop 100+ bucks to go sit in a stadium and watch them get handled..like me, they probably figure they can just sit at home & watch them get boat-raced for free..

Stros have been good for years now..I've bought 1 Astros T-shirt in that time frame...& that was after this last WS title.

Bottom line is, they're here and willing to support...just not for nothing anymore which was the case for like the 1st 10 years.......They gotta start winning now.

Thanks for the reply, man. Well thought out and a good read.

While I certainly understand how perceptions and perspectives vary over time, it just seems to me that we've traded past injustices for current ones. I do not recall a time when our society had no collective moral red line, when anything/everything goes, and we celebrate and reward deviant sexual predators just because they can juggle for our entertainment.

Agreed, what would you say the McNair's have done differently lately to alienate the fans that they haven't been doing since they brought a football team back to Houston?

Totally agree with your last post.

Like you, I see the clear common thread from 2002 to now with how they've handled this team. I think Houston fans are no longer ignoring the obvious, and, after two decades, most of us have our eyes wide open about the incompetence from the owners. The goodwill honeymoon that Bob McNair earned when he brought the NFL to Houston is gone. And I do not sense even the slightest bit of hope and optimism from Texans fans that Cal (or his mama) have the mental capacity to make sound football decisions.

The only chance this franchise has is Caserio, and the jury is still out. And that depends on how much true control he has when it's clear that he does not get the ultimate say in the head coaching position.

Your takes are spot on as usual

Thanks, man. Much appreciated. :cowboy1:

Same ole Watson. Can't face public pressure. This is the first game in college or the NFL that he will not be received as the darling child.

Deshaun Watson won’t meet with reporters on Wednesday
Posted by Mike Florio on November 30, 2022, 1:48 PM EST

For Browns quarterback Deshaun Watson, things are back to normal. But things remain not normal.

Case in point, Watson won’t meet with reporters on Wednesday, four days before his return to action.

Via Kimberley A. Martin of ESPN.com, coach Kevin Stefanski was asked why Watson isn’t talking to reporters today. Said Stefanski, “That’s not my department.”

Not every quarterback speaks on Wednesday in advance of a Sunday game. Buccaneers quarterback Tom Brady, for example, speaks on Thursday. Still, most quarterbacks talk to reporters on Wednesday.

The rules require all players to be available once during the week and after each game. Frankly, the sooner Watson gets it over with, the better. If he comes off as trying to avoid reporters, some may decide to be more aggressive and pointed in their questioning.

When reporters last heard from Watson, he had agreed to an 11-game suspension and a seven-figure fine, but he reiterated his innocence. Whenever he speaks again, he’ll undoubtedly be asked whether he still does.

Great reads by tex and DB among others. Thanks guys. I actually think Cal would get better advice on this forum from any of his yes men he apparently surrounds himself with. One of the most important things successful people have in their tool belt is to be self-aware and admit you don’t know what you don’t know. Cal seems entirely unaware that he is incompetent. On the contrary, it seems the signal to the fans is an elitist and arrogant pov. We traded Hop because it’s best for the team, blah, blah, blah. Sadly, I think he was actually believes he knows what he is doing and us peons just don’t understand the master plan.

Screw Cal, screw Mama, screw the McNairs. They have taken a football city, and completely taken the air out of the balloon with their incompetent leadership. If they cared one whit about the fans and the city, they would sell to competent owners and ride off into the sunset. We all know they care about themselves and themselves only so not holding my breath.

View attachment 11170
only yellow is getting the Texans. Horse crap if you ask me, but it is what it is.
I live in Central Texas where the game isn't televised and had to go to a sports bar last week to see the game. I stayed for 2 beers worth and couldn't take anymore. The only bright side is their poor performance will save me a lot of money that would be spent on alcohol. Either that or they will drive me to drinking. 🍺

Great reads by tex and DB among others. Thanks guys. I actually think Cal would get better advice on this forum from any of his yes men he apparently surrounds himself with. One of the most important things successful people have in their tool belt is to be self-aware and admit you don’t know what you don’t know. Cal seems entirely unaware that he is incompetent. On the contrary, it seems the signal to the fans is an elitist and arrogant pov. We traded Hop because it’s best for the team, blah, blah, blah. Sadly, I think he was actually believes he knows what he is doing and us peons just don’t understand the master plan.

Screw Cal, screw Mama, screw the McNairs. They have taken a football city, and completely taken the air out of the balloon with their incompetent leadership. If they cared one whit about the fans and the city, they would sell to competent owners and ride off into the sunset. We all know they care about themselves and themselves only so not holding my breath.
Be nice if you could get 100K or so to endorse this petition style and send to Janice and Cal. I would sign it

Big difference between Vick and Watson............Vick made admitted his transgressions, accepted that HE made his own bed, and made amends...............Watson has done none of this.

Reality is even if Watson did apologize and was contrite about it, we’d still be where we are now. For some people, it didnt matter what he did. As far as Vick too….that didnt stop PETA from showing up & protesting at his games when he came back…& Vick STILL went on to finish out his career as 1 of the most popular players in the league.

Since Watson has not played in a real football game for something like 18 months, 20 months whatever he might have the most dreadful performance of anybody on the field, either team.
Anyway I really don't know what to expect Sunday at NRG therefor I find this game very intriguing.

Since Watson has not played in a real football game for something like 18 months, 20 months whatever he might have the most dreadful performance of anybody on the field, either team.
Anyway I really don't know what to expect Sunday at NRG therefor I find this game very intriguing.
Wife and I are going, only reason is because some of the friends we met years back in Cleveland will be there to tailgate with us.
I think most of them have mixed feelings about the Massage Boy. I will Boo when he’s introduced and may be back at the tailgate before halftime. Only been to one other game this year, the Tacks. Can’t even get $75 for a pair of tickets. I’ve been donating them. Hopefully someone will have fun at their first game, despite the outcome.

Reality is even if Watson did apologize and was contrite about it, we’d still be where we are now. For some people, it didnt matter what he did. As far as Vick too….that didnt stop PETA from showing up & protesting at his games when he came back…& Vick STILL went on to finish out his career as 1 of the most popular players in the league.
That says more about the league than anything else.

Same ole Watson. Can't face public pressure. This is the first game in college or the NFL that he will not be received as the darling child.

Deshaun Watson won’t meet with reporters on Wednesday
Posted by Mike Florio on November 30, 2022, 1:48 PM EST

For Browns quarterback Deshaun Watson, things are back to normal. But things remain not normal.

Case in point, Watson won’t meet with reporters on Wednesday, four days before his return to action.

Via Kimberley A. Martin of ESPN.com, coach Kevin Stefanski was asked why Watson isn’t talking to reporters today. Said Stefanski, “That’s not my department.”

Not every quarterback speaks on Wednesday in advance of a Sunday game. Buccaneers quarterback Tom Brady, for example, speaks on Thursday. Still, most quarterbacks talk to reporters on Wednesday.

The rules require all players to be available once during the week and after each game. Frankly, the sooner Watson gets it over with, the better. If he comes off as trying to avoid reporters, some may decide to be more aggressive and pointed in their questioning.

When reporters last heard from Watson, he had agreed to an 11-game suspension and a seven-figure fine, but he reiterated his innocence. Whenever he speaks again, he’ll undoubtedly be asked whether he still does.
Does anyone actually think Watson will not reiterate his innocence?

Cal McNair like Deshaun Watson doesn’t care what anyone in Houston or on this Board thinks. Both are rich and get what they want. Neither thinks as we nor trouble themselves over past decisions. Both in my opinion since early childhood were told they were better and different than all others. Nothing we do or say is going to change either of their opinions.

Last edited:
I live in Central Texas where the game isn't televised and had to go to a sports bar last week to see the game. I stayed for 2 beers worth and couldn't take anymore. The only bright side is their poor performance will save me a lot of money that would be spent on alcohol. Either that or they will drive me to drinking. 🍺
it will be 3 games not shown on local broadcast after Sunday.

I think even Mills could hand it off to Chubb and Hunt pretty well all game.

One thing that might favor the Texans is Watson trying to do too much to stick it to Houston, in Houston.

And if Texans fans weren't in such an apathetic state towards the Texans, having the stands full of fans booing his every move, signage, and waving little towels might have had an effect. Maybe they do have a larger crowd just to show what they think of him, but I think just as many will be there who support him and/or the Browns in general.

There will be a lot of Brown fans there Sunday because the majority of Texan fans quit on this team 2yrs ago. Its sad but deserved because this fanbase was loyal to this shitshow a lot longer than they should have based on the crap product they keep running out there year after year.

Actually, I'm not even sure I want to watch this particular game. Can't say I've felt that way about a Texans game before. I've always had it on the TV, even if it's muted and I just occasionally pass by just to check up on them. This one, I'm just not interested in seeing. I do wish Cleveland and their frigging new QB nothing but years of misery together.

Wife and I are going, only reason is because some of the friends we met years back in Cleveland will be there to tailgate with us.
I think most of them have mixed feelings about the Massage Boy. I will Boo when he’s introduced and may be back at the tailgate before halftime. Only been to one other game this year, the Tacks. Can’t even get $75 for a pair of tickets. I’ve been donating them. Hopefully someone will have fun at their first game, despite the outcome.
I'm looking forward to seeing one of my all-time favorite Texans, now former Texan, @ NRG Sunday and of course I'm speaking of the one and only Jadeveon Clowney. I think he's still playing but I'm not sure ? If he's out there I suspect he'll probably be going against primarily Tyus Howard.
I do know my good buddy SteelB will be going to the game very early because he's desperate to get a DW4 autograph ( just kidding ! ).
OK 23 hope you & wifey & friends enjoy yourselves Sunday @ NRG !

I'm looking forward to seeing one of my all-time favorite Texans, now former Texan, @ NRG Sunday and of course I'm speaking of the one and only Jadeveon Clowney. I think he's still playing but I'm not sure ? If he's out there I suspect he'll probably be going against primarily Tyus Howard.
I do know my good buddy SteelB will be going to the game very early because he's desperate to get a DW4 autograph ( just kidding ! ).
OK 23 hope you & wifey & friends enjoy yourselves Sunday @ NRG !
Gonna sit this one out.

Haven't been to a game this yr. It's my way of protesting God'ell and his decision on Derrick. Not that God'ell surprised me with his decision. I wish every fan had my attitude then maybe things in the NFL would change.

I think even Mills could hand it off to Chubb and Hunt pretty well all game.

One thing that might favor the Texans is Watson trying to do too much to stick it to Houston, in Houston.

And if Texans fans weren't in such an apathetic state towards the Texans, having the stands full of fans booing his every move, signage, and waving little towels might have had an effect. Maybe they do have a larger crowd just to show what they think of him, but I think just as many will be there who support him and/or the Browns in general.
On the subject of apathy I suspect there's a lot of apathy among Texans players on this game because they got no beef with Watson as ownership does.
Oh BTW I hear Buzzbutt is coming to the game with his harem in hand and he's got a whole suite for his entourage.
I know this guy is Barnum & Bailey level elite when it comes to promoting himself.
I just don't want Kyle or Mills getting cute and upstaging DW4 or something and screwing up our #1 overall pick in KC next Spring:
"Going to KC...." !

As Speedy said, DW4 might try too hard to embarrass the Texans organization. If that Happens, the wheels MIGHT fall off for the Browns. If he stays contained in how he plays and hands off to Chubb and Hunt most of the time, it will very likely be along afternoon!

On the subject of apathy I suspect there's a lot of apathy among Texans players on this game because they got no beef with Watson as ownership does.
Oh BTW I hear Buzzbutt is coming to the game with his harem in hand and he's got a whole suite for his entourage.
I know this guy is Barnum & Bailey level elite when it comes to promoting himself.
I just don't want Kyle or Mills getting cute and upstaging DW4 or something and screwing up our #1 overall pick in KC next Spring:
"Going to KC...." !

Pretty sure the Texans won't let that #1 pick slip even if they win Sunday. Actually, winning Sunday would improve their draft standing, the Browns pick would be better with another loss on their record.

Pretty sure the Texans won't let that #1 pick slip even if they win Sunday. Actually, winning Sunday would improve their draft standing, the Browns pick would be better with another loss on their record.
But if they win Sunday and then win another game like vs. the Jags or Indy (either of which is more likely than a victory over the Browns on Sunday), they would then likely lose the #1 overall.

But if they win Sunday and then win another game like vs. the Jags or Indy (either of which is more likely than a victory over the Browns on Sunday), they would then likely lose the #1 overall.
It's possible the Texans would lose the #1 overall selection with 2 additional wins. But to lose that spot, one of the three current 3 win teams (Bears, Broncos, Rams) would need to lose out. I find that unlikely. I think a 3-13-1 record would still earn the #1 pick.

Would that be bad? If the Texans end up with the 2nd pick, and the team with the 1st pick takes one of the QB's, doesn't that make the 2nd pick more valuable for a team that wants one of the QBs? I've said before that I don't want either one of these QB's, so I'd rather trade down and pick Jalen Carter. If we end up with the 2nd pick, and Detroit ends up with the 3rd, maybe we could convince Detroit that another team wants to jump them to get the other QB. If Detroit wants the 2nd QB, maybe we could get both of their 1st round picks, and end up with Jalen Carter, either Myles Murphy or Tyree Wilson, and either C Stromberg or Schmitz. That would take care of DT, DE, and C all in the first 3 picks. Then we'd have the rest of the draft to pick another OG, LB, TE, WR, or whatever other upgrades we need. We could even take a flyer on TCU QB Duggan later in the draft. Add a veteran FA QB to compete with Mills, and we could be well on our way. Of course, we'd have to get a new Coaching staff first.

Reactions: JB
It's possible the Texans would lose the #1 overall selection with 2 additional wins. But to lose that spot, one of the three current 3 win teams (Bears, Broncos, Rams) would need to lose out. I find that unlikely. I think a 3-13-1 record would still earn the #1 pick.
True, but that's any of them.
Not likely but certainly possible that ONE OR MORE of those 3-loss teams could fail to win another game this season.
I dunno have you looked at their remaining games for this season ?

Yes, but I think they'll be safe with 3 wins, and I don't think they can win 2 more games. So, I think there's more value to beating the Browns.

Not likely but certainly possible that ONE OR MORE of those 3-loss teams could fail to win another game this season.
I dunno have you looked at their remaining games for this season ?
Denver remaining games - (I see maybe two wins there)
Chiefs x 2
Ravens
Cardinals
Rams
Chargers

Chicago remaining games - (very good chance of not winning any of them)
Packers
Eagles
Bills
Lions
Vikings

Rams remaining games - (Perhaps a couple of wins there)
Seahawks x 2
Raiders
Packers
Broncos
Chargers

IMO the Bears are the only team that has the best chance of losing out.

Back