Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Watson & Tunsil Contracts

Yeah, but the next clowns may be worse ala the Oilers both pre and post Bum
IF I shared this view, Id have married an alcoholic woman that thought it was okay to throw things, threaten to falsely call tge cops on me and scream at me cause I didnt approve of everything she did. Because what if the next woman is worse?

Could the next woman have been worse? Absolutely, but I didnt let fear rule my decision. I kicked her to the curb and moved on.

The next woman I was with, turned out to be better looking, loving, gentle and in all ways more amazing than I could have hoped and she became my wife.

IF we move on from Obrien and the next is worse.. it should make it that much easier to cut them loose and not waste the next ten years making excuses for them.

I want the best for my team, not what is the easiest most comfortable thing to do for today.

Last edited:
IF I shared this view, Id have married an alcoholic woman that thought it was okay to throw things, threaten to falsely call tge cops on me and scream at me cause I didnt approve of everything she did. Because what if the next woman is worse?

Could the next woman have been worse? Absolutely, but I didnt let fear rule my decision. I kicked her to the curb and moved on.

The next woman I was with, turned out to be better looking, loving, gentle and in all ways more amazing than I could have hoped and she became my wife.

IF we move on from Obrien and the next is worse.. it should make it that much easier to cut them loose and not waste the next ten years making excuses for them.

I want the best for my team, not what is the easiest most comfortable thing to do for today.

Glad your personal decision worked out for you and that you were smart enough not to marry the first woman... must have been a tough decision. :rolleyes:

Not sure how it relates, but good story

My reasons for not wanting either to stay are not related to the players individually …. but their impact on the final record.

I want a complete and total meltdown of this team / franchise in hopes that ownership realizes the error of their ways with hopes that they do something different going forward.
Mediocrity is acceptable with this ownership group & they are unwilling to make changes.

If not …. I hope they sell the franchise to someone who's first priority is NFL Championships , not AFC South banners and takes losing personal.

Ownership has been this way since the teams inception

Watson would be insane to stay here. He should play out his contract and sign elsewhere. If the man has a competitive bone in his body (and he is obviously a fierce competitor) then he has to know that he's never going to win anything but meaningless AFC South titles in Houston as long as he plays for O'Brien. If I were in his shoes I'd tell them right now that I have no intention of ever signing another deal with this team and that Butt-Chin might as well go ahead and get his two third round picks and a bucket of chicken wings for me from the Patriots now before my "value" drops.

The moment Hopkins went out the door I think Watson probably saw everything he needed to see about this. If he wants a ring he's going to have to get one without a Texans logo on it.

Hopefully this happens

LOL - its the insecurity defense. Dont want to seem like you're rocking the boat, even though deep down you feel a certain way, but just in case you want to be sure that you can also hang with the cool kids if the outcome is the other way. If that works for you, and you like it - then I LOVE IT. Do you buddy.

I will never, ever, EVER - enjoy winning with Bill OBrien at the helm. He is everything I despise in a leader and isnt far from a bonafide con man, but lucky for me I'll always use the " i HoPe iM WrOnG" line in jest, but yeah nothing wrong with defending your bros - TK is ok by me, but he knows what he does.

You're no Kubiak lover ---- I'M THE KUBIAK LOVER!!

You the cool kid!

LMAO

I think you misinterpret why people want him gone / to fail.

We feel like 9-7 / 10-6 a wildcard win if we are lucky and getting trounced in divisional round is as good as it gets with OB and the talent we have (or had) is better than that.

We also know that anything short of a complete meltdown means several more years of this same crap - Watson winning just enough games to keep him employed , we'd rather lose now so we have some hope of more than mediocrity in the near future.

I mean , if you are content with the status quo …. I get it , they win some games but I don't think this guy gets the full potential out of this group and the mismanagement of players is icing on the cake.

OB has to go and the only way for that to happen is to have a bad season.

We aint getting where we want to go as long as this clown is running the show.

So the Texans were more talented than the Chiefs last year?

I say the Texans finished right where their talent level says they should've been.

Now if Kelce/Hill had only been Texans Worthy we would be having a different discussion.

Looking at the vanishing draft capital and coupling that with impending dog fight ahead in the contract negotiations between the Texans and Tunsil/Watson, it appears that they’re best shot to win it all is this year.

Also, it’s important to note the other veterans that are/will get paid in the very near future including Cunningham and Watt.

You either have to be an eternal optimist or extremely stubborn to believe past this season this team is ascending.

It would behoove O’Brien to get Watson signed before Mahomes sets the bar so astronomically high that the Texans won’t even be able to tag DW4 w/o losing other key players.

Last edited:
If you dont see how it relates.... I'm not sure any words I say here could reveal it to you... but thank you.

I actually find humor in that post.

You would think the Texans finished 6-10 last yr by looking at some of these posts.

I mean BOB hasn't even had his first draft and has added much needed speed to the offense. Let's see how àll of this plays out before going to the jilted lover posts.

LMAO, hilarious stuff.

Looking at the vanishing draft capital and coupling that with impending dog fight ahead in the contract negotiations between the Texans and Tunsil/Watson, it appears that they’re best shot to win it all is this year.

Also, it’s important to note the other veterans that are/will get paid in the very near future including Cunningham and Watt.

You either have to be an eternal optimist or extremely stubborn to believe past this season this team is ascending.

It would behove O’Brien to get Watson signed before Mahomes sets the bar so astronomically high that the Texans won’t even be able to tag DW4 w/o losing other key players.

Hopefully Tunsil gets signed soon so these types of posts will be looked back on as great humor.

We're going to find out this yr if DW4'S Worth the 35 mil per year he wants.

It would behove O’Brien to get Watson signed before Mahomes sets the bar so astronomically high that the Texans won’t even be able to tag DW4 w/o losing other key players.

I believe Watt will retire due to another injured season. He will then go to broadcasting and possibly Acting.

So the Texans were more talented than the Chiefs last year?

I say the Texans finished right where their talent level says they should've been.

Now if Kelce/Hill had only been Texans Worthy we would be having a different discussion.

No , they weren't more talented than the Chiefs but they did beat them in their place early in the season and then jump out to a 24-0 lead in the playoff game.

They lost multiple games to teams they should have beaten which cost them better playoff seeding - they could have been the 1 or 2 seed had they taken care of business against the Colts , Bronco's and Panthers who combined for 19 wins and 29 losses.

Back to the Chiefs loss - they were up 24-0. There is NO excuse for losing that game.
Not only did they find a way to lose , it wasn't even close.
They didn't work the clock and OB made multiple poor decisions that exacerbated their situation.

No excuse for losing a game when you are spotted a 24-0 lead.

Last edited:
No , they weren't more talented than the Chiefs but they did beat them in their place early in the season and then jump out to a 24-0 lead in the playoff game.

They lost multiple games to teams they should have beaten which cost them better playoff seeding - they could have been the 1 or 2 seed had they taken care of business against the Colts , Bronco's and Panthers who combined for 19 wins and 29 losses.

Back to the Chiefs loss - they were up 24-0. There is NO excuse for losing that game.
Not only did they find a way to lose , it wasn't even close.
They didn't work the clock and OB made multiple poor decisions that exacerbated their situation.

No excuse for losing a game when you are spotted a 24-0 lead.

Back to the Chiefs playoff game - After jumping out to a 24-0 lead , they had NO business losing that game.

Agreed...but what I saw last year from the chiefs is what u see almost every year from at least 1 team..they just ride a wave of momentum where they’re just unbeatable...doesn’t matter what happens in any game in the post season. sometimes it’s just leftover angst from the year before where they should’ve gone to or won the SB....the 2013 Ravens...2016 Broncos come to mind. Sometimes they just get hot at the right time...Those Giants teams that beat the Patriots in both of those SB are the prime candidates here. The Chiefs fall in the former category. The were in “finish the job from 2018” mode last year and when u sit back and look at what they did in the postseason last year...comebacks from 24, 10 and 10 down in all 3 games...against damn good teams...that just is unlikely to happen at any point in any given point in the regular season let alone post season.

Agreed...but what I saw last year from the chiefs is what u see almost every year from at least 1 team..they just ride a wave of momentum where they’re just unbeatable...doesn’t matter what happens in any game in the post season. sometimes it’s just leftover angst from the year before where they should’ve gone to or won the SB....the 2013 Ravens...2016 Broncos come to mind. Sometimes they just get hot at the right time...Those Giants teams that beat the Patriots in both of those SB are the prime candidates here. The Chiefs fall in the former category. The were in “finish the job from 2018” mode last year and when u sit back and look at what they did in the postseason last year...comebacks from 24, 10 and 10 down in all 3 games...against damn good teams...that just is unlikely to happen at any point in any given point in the regular season let alone post season.

You know what team you'll never see that out of though right? The Bill O'Brien led, Janice/Cal McNair owned Houston Texans.

You already did see that in 2018. Started out 0-2 and then reeled of a 9 game win streak to get in win the division and get in the playoffs.

Came back from a whole "0-2" did they? Impressive. :sarcasm:More like they "rolled" over a fortunate schedule full of bad teams. Did they become "unbeatable" when things got serious? No. By then they'd cooled down to a more typical Texans .500 record and a very typical first round ass kicking from one of those same teams.

Last edited:
57Ms guranteed. SMH. What you gonna do? Hopefully at some point in time the guy becomes more than just a pro bowl caliber player for that money and learns how to listen for the snap count.

Whats done is done.

2 first round picks, losing Nuk and then this contract? Tough pill.

OBrien getting schooled in negotiations AGAIN.

57Ms guranteed. SMH. What you gonna do? Hopefully at some point in time the guy becomes more than just a pro bowl caliber player for that money and learns how to listen for the snap count.

Whats done is done.

His next contract is gonna be a doozy. Right in his prime and before 30?

Whats done is done.

And he's about to start drafting tonight. Good times ahead.

I will wait to see the final numbers but 3 years seem awfully short. Here is the kicker though:
Tunsil, who will be under contract through the 2023 season once he signs, acted as his own agent. He negotiated the deal directly with Texans coach and General Manager Bill O’Brien.

Defender or basher, it’s about being honest in what you see. Do you really like the trades? Trading the cow for magic beans. I mean Billy says they’re magic. You want to believe they’re magic.

I’ve never seen magic beans, myself. So a cow for beans looks like a crappy deal to me. “I’ll wait and see if there is really a magic beanstalk like Billy said.” OK, just understand why others are laughing.

Yep. QFT. Magic beans is a perfect metaphor. It mixes well with the fantasies that fans create in their heads to avoid facing reality.

The simple truth is that NFL history is full of guys like O'Brien that have failed. Rare is the mediocre coach that has been given emperor power without really earning it to achieve any sort of greatness.

That's just a basic fact when you analyze historical cycles and cause and effect results.

Mind boggling. I never thought it would get to 22Ms per year. Definitely didnt think it would be for only 3 years, I expected a contract of at least 4-5 years to justify the expense.

OBrien keeps surprising us! (not in a good way) LOL

O'Brien probably won't be here past 3 years himself. This was a one on one contract negotiation and they both agreed 3 years would suffice. It gives Tunsil a chance to sign another huge contract while still young and allows enough time for O'Brien to dismantle our roster and future. It's a win/win for everyone involved except the fans.

Mind boggling. I never thought it would get to 22Ms per year. Definitely didnt think it would be for only 3 years, I expected a contract of at least 4-5 years to justify the expense.

OBrien keeps surprising us! (not in a good way) LOL

We knew that Tunsil was going to be the highest-paid lineman in history, so he reset that average season mark instead of the highest total value, it is whatever for me.

We knew that Tunsil was going to be the highest-paid lineman in history, so he reset that average season mark instead of the highest total value, it is whatever for me.

Trust me I KNEW that LT had OBrien lubed, holding his breath, and grabbing his ankles, but I thought OBrien would offer SOME pushback .. the man got strong armed into the highest APY in NFL history for a pro bowler.

Reports initially settled around the 20 mark which was still ludicrous .. then Tunsil said he wanted 21 .. now here we are at 22 per, and giving LT the chance to slide back in one more time before he's 30?? Just strange negotiating on part of OBrien and for what .. the 3rd or 4th best T in the league .. maybe?

:spit: And there it is fans and folks.

There goes the inflated contract that several of us warned would be here right around this time in the off season once this irresponsible trade was made that just won't stop stinging this franchise.

Peep at what Miami did and how hard they fleeced the Texans the supporters of this goofy trade. The Phins already have their new QB now who is a great prospect/leader. They also replaced Tunsil with another first round talent at OT who has a very high ceiling that they aren't paying 22 Million a season to hurting their salary cap. They still hold our other first round pick and a 3rd as well from that. Nice work Miami!

Last edited:
Trust me I KNEW that LT had OBrien lubed, holding his breath, and grabbing his ankles, but I thought OBrien would offer SOME pushback .. the man got strong armed into the highest APY in NFL history for a pro bowler.

Reports initially settled around the 20 mark which was still ludicrous .. then Tunsil said he wanted 21 .. now here we are at 22 per, and giving LT the chance to slide back in one more time before he's 30?? Just strange negotiating on part of OBrien and for what .. the 3rd or 4th best T in the league .. maybe?

And don't forget the two first round picks we gave up. BOB looking like a total dumbass like usual. Even if we get four productive years out of Tunsil, it's not worth what we are paying him and losing two first round picks. Especially after drafting two tackles in the first two rounds last year. That's three first round picks and a second round pick tied up in three offensive tackles that round out an offensive line that is average at best.

Back