Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Vince Wilfork to Houston - **signed**

Cant help but wonder if Ted Johnsons idiotic comments regarding Wilforks wife come into play? Not that they should necessarily but 'he who laughs last' right?

Vince Wilfork is 33 years old but his body is so large and dominating. He can easily take on two offensive blockers at once and clog the middle. He could give the Texans two or three solid years and more importantly be a great mentor for Louis Nix. Of all the years the Texans played a 3-4 defense they never really had a good nose tackle.

Seth Payne was decent I guess but by no means a five-time pro bowler, two-time Super Bowl champion or first-team all pro like Wilfork has been. With a defense built around J.J. Watt if you plug in a beast like Wilfork at nose tackle all of a sudden you free up the four linebackers to really cause some havoc out there. Hopefully Cushing and Clowney stay healthy in 2015. We will need big contributions from both. We'll probably draft another young linebacker as well with Brooks Reed gone. But not at pick #16 in the first round. I'd imagine that will be a wide receiver.

Ummmm where does it show this in history ?

06c937_f529ab874bb1a67b40ea7f612f501b5a.jpg_1024

Ummmm where does it show this in history ?

I think he left a sarcasm tag out.

Then again, there's always some publication or website that announces that some team "won free agency" because they signed a bunch of names. It never actually translates into "won the championship" but for a while there that teams fans feel great about themselves.

Then again, there's always some publication or website that announces that some team "won free agency" because they signed a bunch of names. It never actually translates into "won the championship" but for a while there that teams fans feel great about themselves.

9226DennisGreen_CrownTheirAss.gif

I was thinking that at first, just checking ;)

John McClain says that Vince Wilfork has Houston at the top of his list despite leaving without a deal signed. I think John P. Lopez's report is ridiculous although if you read it again he did "edit it" by mentioning that Wilfork is unlikely to sign with the Texans as oppose to they are out of the sweepstakes altogether.

John McClain says that Vince Wilfork has Houston at the top of his list despite leaving without a deal signed. I think John P. Lopez's report is ridiculous although if you read it again he did "edit it" by mentioning that Wilfork is unlikely to sign with the Texans as oppose to they are out of the sweepstakes altogether.

McClain posted on twitter about 40 minutes ago that Wilfork and Shorts are both in town.

That should be enough to sign both and have enough to sign draft picks after Graham/Clabo are cut, with some left over. Enough to sign Wisniemski?

Am I the only one who doesnt see Graham getting cut? I feel like I have read that a lot on this forum. He really isnt that expensive.

Roughly 20th in contract value for 2015. Seems reasonable for a player who has his ability.

This might be a dumb question, but does this mean we are still in the running?
It seems to me that Vince Wilfork is simply taking his time and will meet with more teams. He's smartly weighing all of his options unlike so many of the free agents this off-season. Hopefully he ends up signing with the Houston Texans when it's all said and done. We have the most talent to offer him on defense. J.J. Watt says hello.

McClain posted on twitter about 40 minutes ago that Wilfork and Shorts are both in town.
McClain is busy right now chatting with Rick Smith face to face. I'd much rather trust in him than Lopez, who is working on the radio when he released his bogus report which is merely an opinion. He was all over the Brian Hoyer signing even when reports were leaking out that he was still considering the Jets.

Be patient on this guys. If Vince Wilfork signs with the Texans you can praise John McClain. If he doesn't then you can praise John Lopez. Let's see what happens...

The only example I can think of was the swapping between the Niners and Cowboys. Sanders goes to the Niners, gets a ring then next year leaves for the Cowboys and gets a ring. Haley being with the Niners for 2 rings and then heading to the Cowboys for 3 more. Going back the other way Norton getting 2 rings with the Cowboys and going to the Niners and getting another.

Is there any better mentor to Nix we could possibly have?

I mean ideal scenario here is Wilfork for 2 years then Nix takes over.

Our defensive line is going to be dominating. Nobody can run on us with a three-man front. Now we need to make sure our linebackers are ready to stay healthy and kick some ass. We need Cushing and Clowney to step up and make big plays.

Well, they're so big and crusty....they spawned into a life form. Hence, Wilforks Shorts

Does that life form play NT and is it looking for a team?

I'm willing to bet it's probably the second best free agent NT out there at the moment.

Our defensive line is going to be dominating. Nobody can run on us with a three-man front. Now we need to make sure our linebackers are ready to stay healthy and kick some ass. We need Cushing and Clowney to step up and make big plays.

J
ayson Braddock ‏@JaysonBraddock 2m2 minutes ago
"Ok, you two get Wilfork, you two Watt..."

:swatter:

I'm envisioning a washed up Frank Gore with the Colts running up the gut and Vince Wilfork shedding his two blockers and slowing him down while Watt comes over and rips the ball right out of his hands for some easy turnovers. While Andre Johnson has that "did I make the wrong decision" look on his face jogging towards the side line. We can cause some havoc on Andrew Luck. We just need a speedy young cornerback who can shadow T.Y. Hilton one on one. Not sure Kareem Jackson is that guy and Johnathan Joseph is older. Hilton has already exposed both in the past. With the signing of Shorts I think we may be able to draft a cornerback at pick #16 in the first round. We now have options. Some of you guys also want a linebacker in the first round. We no longer need safety help thanks to free agency.

Awesome. He'll keep us from having to rely on Nix, who's yet to get on the field. Should be fun watching him and Watt work together.

I'm envisioning a washed up Frank Gore with the Colts running up the gut and Vince Wilfork shedding his two blockers and slowing him down while Watt comes over and rips the ball right out of his hands for some easy turnovers. While Andre Johnson has that "did I make the wrong decision" look on his face jogging towards the side line. We can cause some havoc on Andrew Luck. We just need a speedy young cornerback who can shadow T.Y. Hilton one on one. Not sure Kareem Jackson is that guy and Johnathan Joseph is older. Hilton has already exposed both in the past. With the signing of Shorts I think we may be able to draft a cornerback at pick #16 in the first round. We now have options. Some of you guys also want a linebacker in the first round. We no longer need safety help thanks to free agency.

Do you need a tissue?

Awesome. He'll keep us from having to rely on Nix, who's yet to get on the field. Should be fun watching him and Watt work together.
Our four linebackers will be free to roam around. We now have two of the most dominating D-Lineman a 3-4 defense has ever seen. It's critical that Brian Cushing and Jadeveon Clowney stay healthy in 2015. If they do we can make the playoffs. While it's true we had a bunch of guys step up at linebackers last year we need our two best to be on the field. It would be a much easier transition for some young guys to step up and make plays. I'm all for drafting a linebacker in the first or second round along with a cornerback, thanks to some recent signings. We have to prepare for life without Johnathan Joseph at some point.

What three man front would that be???

Do you need a tissue?
I'm very excited. I think the Texans defense will be one of the best in the league in 2015 if they can stay healthy. We'll need a dominating defense with so many new faces on offense. We should rank 1st in turnovers forced, 1st in fewest points allowed. The two most important defensive categories. As far as yardage, we should be ranked better than last season.

Our four linebackers will be free to roam around. We now have two of the most dominating D-Lineman a 3-4 defense has ever seen. It's critical that Brian Cushing and Jadeveon Clowney stay healthy in 2015. If they do we can make the playoffs. While it's true we had a bunch of guys step up at linebackers last year we need our two best to be on the field. It would be a much easier transition for some young guys to step up and make plays. I'm all for drafting a linebacker in the first or second round along with a cornerback, thanks to some recent signings. We have to prepare for life without Johnathan Joseph at some point.

You won't see Clowney in 2015 (at least that's what I believe) but that's fine. If you have to dedicate two guys to stopping Watt and Wilfork can occupy a pair of guys most downs then even Whitney Mercilus should be able to take advantage of that.

There are a lot of people happy about signing Wilfork. I wonder if any of them are the same ones knocking the Colts for signing old players???

What three man front would that be???
I could play the other DE position and still look good with Watt and Wilfork on the same three-man line. Jared Crick has to feel super excited right now. I also think Jeoffrey Pagan is going to make some big strides in his second season.

I'm very excited. I think the Texans defense will be one of the best in the league in 2015 if they can stay healthy. We'll need a dominating defense with so many new faces on offense. We should rank 1st in turnovers forced, 1st in fewest points allowed. The two most important defensive categories. As far as yardage, we should be ranked better than last season.

You need to slow your roll. Take a deep breath man.

Back