Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Vince Wilfork to Houston - **signed**

I HONESTLY think he is going to choose Houston, and you know why ??? JJ Watt !!!

I sometimes wonder how many players want to be part of a winner rather than be the big dog in a small yard. I'm sure it varies from player to player.

Is BBQ food going missing? BBQ restaurants closing early? A sure sign.

lol, I don't know. Anybody not stuck at work see a trail of spare rib bones and bbq sauce out on the street?

I did see people going to the Rodeo very early on my way to work. Maybe to start the pit for Wilfork's visit?

My friend ran into Jerome Solomon yesterday and talked to him and Solomon told him that Wilfork has rejected the 2 year, 10 million dollar offer from the Texans and the other interested teams. Time to up the ante if true.

FWIW.

It's quite possible

Unlikely. We'd feel the impact tremors.

tumblr_lda9qpu91Z1qfsk6co1_500_zpsxt1vu7aw.gif

I'm fairly alarmed here...

My friend ran into Jerome Solomon yesterday and talked to him and Solomon told him that Wilfork has rejected the 2 year, 10 million dollar offer from the Texans and the other interested teams. Time to up the ante if true.

FWIW.

Soloman has never been known for accurate facts

Kennard McGuire is Wilfork's agent. same as AJ's. Wilfork to the Colts.

Pickett/Wisniewski/Stevie Johnson are within the Texans price range. I'm for drafting Xavier Williams or Terry Williams as a developmental guy in the 5-6th rd.

"Vince Wilfork's agent, Kennard McGuire, is hoping Vince Wilfork looks to Houston for his new team."

Was about to ask where that was mentioned... found a link.

Mark Berman via hou.scout.com

"Vince has several opportunities he's looking at. Obviously I'm very biased being in Houston and wanting him to be here with me. I would welcome that," said McGuire.

Houston seems like a natural fit, given the team's need for a starting nose tackle and the manner in which the New England way of life is currently building in Houston.

“One of the benefits from the (Texans) organization's standpoint is that of familiarity. Vince played with (Texans linebacker coach Mike) Vrabel," he continued. "He was coached by Billy O & RAC (Romeo Crennel.) All of those elements are appealing to Vince."

Soloman has never been known for accurate facts

I wonder if he knows the difference between not accepting an offer and rejecting an offer. It is a subtle difference, but means the offer is still on the table and can be accepted at any time until withdrawn or rejected (often by means of a counter offer).

Negotiation does have rules and some are nuanced.

Every year it seams we get caught up into talking to some old washed player that we end up over paying for and they are injured or terrible. I call it the Eric Moulds effect.

Every year it seams we get caught up into talking to some old washed player that we end up over paying for and they are injured or terrible. I call it the Eric Moulds effect.
Texans, PLEASE don't offer more than 10/2.

Wilfork probably needs micro fracture knee surgery in both knees.

I wouldn't be surprised. I really doubt he's healthy at 320+ lbs, and he'll be 34 years old when he starts playing next season. Fact is, someone is going to overpay for him, and I hope it's not the Texans.

oops..Just saw SCOTTtexans post. Flew by it I guess as different source

Kennard McGuire, the agent for veteran NT Vince Wilfork, tells Mark Berman of Houston’s Fox 26 that the Texans have a “legitimate shot” at signing his client.

The fact that Wilfork has ties to the organization also helps their odds of signing the five-time Pro Bowler.

“One of the benefits from the organization’s standpoint is that of familiarity.” McGuire said. “Vince played with (linebackers coach Mike) Vrabel. He was coached by (head coach) Billy O (O’Brien) and Rac (defensive coordinator Romeo Crennel).

“I think all of those elements are appealing to Vince. As he weighs all of the options I believe when that landscape is clear I’m hoping that he will look here.”

According to McGuire, no one team is in the lead right now, but there are about five or six teams interested in him at this point in time.

“I would not put anyone in the lead, but I would say that they have a legitimate shot to get him.” McGuire said. “Once again it’s because of familiarity, and if you look across the league guys do tend to migrate toward areas of familiarity.

“There are about five or six other teams, mostly AFC teams, couple in the NFC, that are looking to add a player of Vince’s magnitude.”

McGuire added that, Wilfork Vince is “going to take his time” making a decision.

New England elected to not pick up the two-year team option included in his contract, which gave him the opportunity to test the open market.

Some have speculated that other 3-4 base defense teams like the Colts, Packers, and/or Ravens could have interest in Wilfork as well. A return to the Patriots could still be an option for him as well.

Wilfork, 33, appeared in 16 games and recorded 47 tackles, one interception and two pass defenses for New England. Pro Football Focus has Wilfork rated as the No. 13 defensive end in a 3-4 system.
http://nfltraderumors.co/texans-hav...dl-vince-wilfork-has-interest-from-5-6-teams/

Last edited:
No way we should over pay for him. I would overpay for wisnewski who could actually be here and grow with the team. Factor in that there isn't any depth at all at the C position in the draft and there are several good NTs who will be available and it would be stupid to overpay an older player.

No way we should over pay for him. I would overpay for wisnewski who could actually be here and grow with the team. Factor in that there isn't any depth at all at the C position in the draft and there are several good NTs who will be available and it would be stupid to overpay an older player.

That does seem like the more sensible investment.

so I guess that most likely means O'Brien won't make it.

Back