Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Vince Wilfork to Houston - **signed**

Playing next to JJ?

That's a plus but does that make it better to have to go through all the changes involved? How does that stack up to playing with your kids M-F? Wilfork has played with great players. He's lined up with Richard Seymour, he's sitting on a pair of rings, I mean look at this

2× Super Bowl champion (XXXIX, XLIX)
5× Pro Bowl (2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012)
First-team All-Pro (2012)
4× Second-team All-Pro (2007, 2009, 2010, 2011)
5× Pro Football Writers Association (PFW/PFWA) All-AFC (2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012)
4× AFC champion (2004, 2007, 2011, 2014)
New England Patriots 50th Anniversary Team
BCS national champion (2002 Rose Bowl)
First-team All-Big East (2003)

What does the game of football offer this man at this point? Lining up next to JJ Watt? He's been watching Tom Brady from the sidelines for 12 years knowing that was his teams QB. I don't think getting to make an H.E.B. commercial with JJ Watt is going to make that big a difference to him.

I think he's still got some fire in his belly (and apparently a ton of BBQ) but I don't think that extends to making major changes to his world and I think the Patriots knew this all along. They just knew that if they gave him time to work it out in his head he'd realize that the best fit for him was right where he was. If we'd signed him quickly I bet he'd regret it and we wouldn't end up getting the kind of player he's capable of being (even at his age). I'm glad he's thinking it over. In the very unlikely event that he chooses to come here it will be real and not an angry reaction to something the Patriots did.

Well, that's another good point but after 11 seasons (entering his 12th year in 2015) has he been smart with his money? Does he own a fleet of "Batmobile" Swag-Wagons? I don't know the answer to that but if he's financially secure at this point I doubt the difference in taxes for two more years of income are going to be enough to move him.

I could be wrong though. I'm sure that I could be. I'm just saying I don't think I would move if I was him.

That's a plus but does that make it better to have to go through all the changes involved? How does that stack up to playing with your kids M-F? Wilfork has played with great players. He's lined up with Richard Seymour, he's sitting on a pair of rings, I mean look at this

2× Super Bowl champion (XXXIX, XLIX)
5× Pro Bowl (2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012)
First-team All-Pro (2012)
4× Second-team All-Pro (2007, 2009, 2010, 2011)
5× Pro Football Writers Association (PFW/PFWA) All-AFC (2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012)
4× AFC champion (2004, 2007, 2011, 2014)
New England Patriots 50th Anniversary Team
BCS national champion (2002 Rose Bowl)
First-team All-Big East (2003)

What does the game of football offer this man at this point? Lining up next to JJ Watt? He's been watching Tom Brady from the sidelines for 12 years knowing that was his teams QB. I don't think getting to make an H.E.B. commercial with JJ Watt is going to make that big a difference to him.

I think he's still got some fire in his belly (and apparently a ton of BBQ) but I don't think that extends to making major changes to his world and I think the Patriots knew this all along. They just knew that if they gave him time to work it out in his head he'd realize that the best fit for him was right where he was. If we'd signed him quickly I bet he'd regret it and we wouldn't end up getting the kind of player he's capable of being (even at his age). I'm glad he's thinking it over. In the very unlikely event that he chooses to come here it will be real and not an angry reaction to something the Patriots did.

The family would move with him. He'd make out like a bandit in Real Estate differential and Taxes. And there is something to be said for a fresh start and renewed spirit.

I've been fortunate enough to avoid New Orleans for my entire life except for one business trip where I didn't even stay overnight. It has nothing to offer someone like me. Much like Las Vegas.
I did Vegas and New Orleans in the same vacation last year. You should've been there. The chicks are crazy fun.

I hope he doesn't sign with the Colts.

Who cares if he does? Gore and Wilfork just looking for one last payday. The only player they have signed so far that has an axe to grind is AJ. And you know what? ........The Colts still suck!

Wilfork goes to the Patriots and it's what I expect and in my mind totally understandable. Has nothing to do with the Texans and doesn't reflect one way or the other on them.

Wilfork goes to the Colts and to me that is saying something about how the world sees both the Texans and the Colts relative to one another. To have made the decision to leave a comfortable situation and tackle a new challenge but then bypass a situation like we have here with RAC, Vrabel, O'Brien, and the defensive pieces we already have in place to go to the Colts tells me that despite all the friends he already has here he sees the Texans as an also-ran and kind of a ****-tier franchise. Coming on the tales of AJ going over there it would be very discouraging.

Not the end of the world but just confirmation that we're farther away than maybe I'd like to believe.

I hope he doesn't sign with the Colts.

Bet on the Colts, because a major reunification of U alum is happening there.
Colts got the big bucks and they re just getting more and more formidable with the addition of all of thiw veteran talent in areas where they have needs.

Who cares if he does? Gore and Wilfork just looking for one last payday. The only player they have signed so far that has an axe to grind is AJ. And you know what? ........The Colts still suck!

I know. I just hate the Colts more with Andre there. lol

I really didn't think about this but on 610 this morning they were talking about the possibilty of having the Colts at the Super Bowl while Houston is hosting it in 2017. I think that would suck if it were to happen.

Last edited:
I know. I just hate the Colts more with Andre there. lol

I really didn't think about this but on 610 this morning they were talking about the possibilty of having the Colts at the Super Bowl while Houston is hosting it next year. I think that would suck if it were to happen.

The way things work in Houston it almost feels bound to happen doesn't it?

Where you see he is signing with the Dolts ?

He played with Gore and Johnson at the U. Shares and agent with Johnson.

Put the pieces together.

He could prefer to play for Rac one last time and he is friends with Vrabel and Mallet I guess but I do not see it happening

Playing next to JJ?

We also have Romeo Crennel as DC, who Vince played for his rookie season.

Vince has two rings already. It's time to get paid for the future. The Texans need to make it happen. We need a d-line that can squash the hopes and dream and bones of Andy Luck.

promise him some texas BBQ and he will def come over here plus the chance to play with JJ watt and CLowney

I would only want him for the cheaps vet min 1 or 2 year deal

so in other words and after strong reflection, no one has a clue what Vince will do.

Even before the strong reflection, no one had a clue what Vince will do.

I'm hopeful he chooses us but I was last year, too, and he ended up going back with the Patriots. He's turning into the Brett Favre of NTs.

If Wilfork doesn't come here, then what options do we really have
to improve the defense?

Sign the Denver safety and?

Rely on the draft? Is that basically it?

so in other words and after strong reflection, no one has a clue what Vince will do.

Who knows?

But, if he does sign for the Texans, I want this shirt:

[IMGwidthsize=400]http://i.ebayimg.com/images/i/261736116928-0-1/s-l1000.jpg[/IMG]

:D

Wilfork goes to the Patriots and it's what I expect and in my mind totally understandable. Has nothing to do with the Texans and doesn't reflect one way or the other on them.

Wilfork goes to the Colts and to me that is saying something about how the world sees both the Texans and the Colts relative to one another. To have made the decision to leave a comfortable situation and tackle a new challenge but then bypass a situation like we have here with RAC, Vrabel, O'Brien, and the defensive pieces we already have in place to go to the Colts tells me that despite all the friends he already has here he sees the Texans as an also-ran and kind of a ****-tier franchise. Coming on the tales of AJ going over there it would be very discouraging.

Not the end of the world but just confirmation that we're farther away than maybe I'd like to believe.

WhT defensive pieces do we have in place? We'll besides Watt.

Hopefully he's pissed that they didn't call him & signs with us to get back at them.

:kitten:

Assuming they didn't...

It is ok though. We know that 30+ year olds don't improve a team. Let him join the old timer's posse. Makes the Colts that much easier to beat, right?

What have I been saying for the last few days? We are not getting Wilfork. He will wind up in Indy

I think we're third in line. On top of everything else, Irsay would like to block a Texans upgrade.

Somebody should've waited in line for 3 hours and sent that man some BBQ.

If Wilfork doesn't come here, then what options do we really have
to improve the defense?

Sign the Denver safety and?

Rely on the draft? Is that basically it?

Well, as of yesterday, something like 50 of 465 unrestricted FA's had signed. Granted, most of the big names are off the board, but just like the teams that win the offseason often suck when it comes time to really play football, those teams that can find the value in the 90% if free agents that aren't the sexy names can make the biggest positive impact on their teams.

Think about all the positive comments you're hearing about Brian Gaines. Those comments aren't a result of all the splashy, high profile free agent signings he made in the first three days of last years free agancy period.

WhT defensive pieces do we have in place? We'll besides Watt.

JJo and Kareem were obviously deemed acceptable. You can't ever discount the amazing Swag. Clowney and Mercilus. Cushing with his robotic knee.

Need I go on (stop laughing!)

Omar Kelly ✔ @OmarKelly

I'm told former UM standout Vince Wilfork has three 2-for $10M deals on the table from AFC teams. Should be interesting.

8:45 AM - 12 Mar 2015

When one of the top free agent prospects, Terrance Knighton, is only able to grab a 1-year, $4 million deal out of Washington, and Wilfork is getting an average of $5 million per season, it means that the Patriots defensive captain is in high demand.

A contract with an average annual value of $5 million would tie for 13th most for a defensive tackle in the league.

With three teams offering Wilfork this money, it seems unlikely the Patriots will outbid for his services. The Colts and the Texans are the favorites to be two of the teams offering this money, and it wouldn't be surprising if a team who needs to spend cap space like the Raiders or Browns was the third.

The Patriots would love to have Wilfork back, but he'll have to compromise some of the money offered on the street.
link

Back