+Kourtnei Brown #48
+Brian Peters #52
+Max Bullough
+Nick Novak #8

-Mike Mohamed(IR)
-Carlos Thompson(IR)
-Randy Bullock

QB Zac Dysert #2 to PS​

Wasn't KB the one that was featured to not hold the edge on HK?
Yep.

I have to say, OB's response to a question about Kourtnei was as unenthusiastic as I've ever heard from him about a newly added player. He didn't seem too happy that "I'm gonna get mine" was back in the fold.
794-6ebd67159f6c2764b49dafa6d35e26b6.jpg

Dang, just gave away my Bullock jers
Yep.

I have to say, OB's response to a question about Kourtnei was as unenthusiastic as I've ever heard from him about a newly added player. He didn't seem too happy that "I'm gonna get mine" was back in the fold.
Vrabel must have released at least a dozen f bombs when he heard this.

Yep.

Dang, just gave away my Bullock jers

Vrabel must have released at least a dozen f bombs when he heard this.
So I guess this was a Rick Smith add then...

Brian Peters may offer some interesting possible developmental options besides just at STs............that of big safety and/or cover LB.
Updated: August 3rd, 2015 7:07pm
_img_fontgraphic.php

by Andrew Krammer
1500ESPN.com
MANKATO, Minn. -- While most Vikings players continue to refine their craft at longstanding positions, Brian Peters is learning linebacker in tighter spaces.

Coming from the Canadian Football League, where the field is 10 yards longer and 12 yards wider, Peter's biggest adjustment so far in his first NFL training camp has been getting his assignments down and sizing up physically to play in tighter spaces.

"Once I get that down," Peters said of his reads. "I think I'll be pretty dangerous at the linebacker spot."

Peters, 26, played safety at Northwestern before he went undrafted in 2012. He had a couple NFL tryouts, but ultimately embarked on a journey that took him from the Iowa Barnstormers (AFL) to the Omaha Nighthawks (UFL) and most recently with the Saskatchewan Roughriders (CFL).

He made the transition to linebacker in Canada, where he said his size (6-foot-3, 235) was too large to play safety in a game with more space to run than the NFL. He came out of Northwestern weighing 215 pounds and has gradually tacked on 20 pounds to form into a linebacker.

"He's got athletic ability," coach Mike Zimmer said. "He is fast, he can run. He was a little bit more physical than maybe we anticipated, but now with the way the NFL is you kind of need some of these cover linebackers. I think what is going to determine with him is the physicality part of his game, being a former safety. He is a smart kid. Maybe, if he played in space in Canada, that might help some of those things, but so far we have been happy with him."

The transition from safety to linebacker isn't uncommon. Current Vikings linebacker Gerald Hodges made that switch in college when injuries to NaVarro Bowman and Sean Lee forced the Penn State linebackers to sit out in 2009.

But Peters' path is more than overcoming the switch to linebacker. He waited roughly three years to get his first NFL contract when the Vikings signed him in February. The Vikings gave him a shot and now he's competing with Hodges, Josh Kaddu, Brandon Watts and others for playing time behind starting outside linebackers Anthony Barr and Chad Greenway. His trained ability in coverage could give him a leg up, if he can handle the thumping inside.

During the off month before training camp, Peters said he went back to his hometown in Columbus, Ohio and worked out at Ohio State's facilities. Special teams coordinator Mike Priefer praised Peters' play on special teams so far during training camp. He has mixed in with all four phases (kickoff, kickoff return, punt and punt return) during the first week of camp.

"I've been hearing since high school I should've played linebacker," Peters said. "Some schools recruited me as a linebacker and some recruited me as a safety."

Aaron Wilson ‏@AaronWilson_NFL 45m45 minutes ago

Texans cut offensive tackle Edawn Coughman from practice squad, according to a source

Texans would like to re-sign Chandler Worthy to practice squad if he clears waivers

Other Texans' transactions: signing Brandon Dunn to active roster off Bears practice squad, signing Josh Lenz to practice squad

Texans cut Chandler Worthy from active roster

I think we need to bring in a third qb suggestions

I say Tim tebow

Sign me up. At this point I'd relish the chaos and miracles that Tebow brings. Results would be the same, but at least losing would be a lot more fun than the slow (and wishy washy) death we have to watch with Hoyer and O'Brien.

Aaron Wilson ‏@AaronWilson_NFL 5m5 minutes ago

Chandler Worthy remained with the Texans over several other practice squad offers, including the Jaguars

Texans released WR Alan Bonner from practice squad and replaced him with WR Chandler Worthy.

Chandler Worthy went unclaimed off waivers by Texans, now eligible to rejoin team on practice squad

What's the upside here? Best case scenario, what are we looking for from Chandler Worthy?

Aaron Wilson ‏@AaronWilson_NFL 45m45 minutes ago

Texans cut offensive tackle Edawn Coughman from practice squad, according to a source

Texans would like to re-sign Chandler Worthy to practice squad if he clears waivers

Other Texans' transactions: signing Brandon Dunn to active roster off Bears practice squad, signing Josh Lenz to practice squad

Texans cut Chandler Worthy from active roster

Moving chairs around on the titanic.
None of this matters.

Socks.
Lol... Watch us go 8-2 / 7-3 now that we have some heart (good attitude) added back in team chemistry.
Good for this guy... hope he can be utilized in all facets of the game & that he succeeds/exceeds all expectations, making our personnel advisers (read HC/GM) second guess why we ever released him.

Looks Charles James is coming back to Houston with Ballentine going to the IR.

Just heard this on the radio.

Not sure if James will translate to on field production, but he should've never been cut.

We need a few guys like this. I hope his attitude rubs off on some people.

Just heard this on the radio.

Not sure if James will translate to on field production, but he should've never been cut.

We need a few guys like this. I hope his attitude rubs off on some people.
I think Special Teams just got a boost. Now he might even make it on the field as a DB as long as we are aware of his limitations and put him in situations where he has a chance. Don't ask him to cover TE types.

I think Special Teams just got a boost. Now he might even make it on the field as a DB as long as we are aware of his limitations and put him in situations where he has a chance. Don't ask him to cover TE types.

I would see if he can return kicks/punts and I would try him at safety, he has speed and awareness, just lacks "ideal height"

I would see if he can return kicks/punts and I would try him at safety, he has speed and awareness, just lacks "ideal height"
Which in essence makes him a jag to go along with the rest of the end of the roster jags.

Sent from the future...

Back