Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

T'Vondre Sweat arrested for DWI suspicion.

Yet you've got HOF'ers like Sapp/LT/Marino who were doing the same thing. Justin Houston was obviously one of the most talented guys in his draft class, got caught smoking pot at the combine is still playing and productive.
At the time, marijuana could bring a player a lengthy suspension. No longer the case. Do you see driving while intoxicated being considered inconsequential by the NFL in the near future?
If the small 300 pounder is not getting effective pressure, would a strong 360 pounder produce better results?
Who are these jumbo DTs getting QB pressures in the NFL?

Yeah Sweat got drunk because he doesn’t think he can make it. Geez. Even if he didn’t make it he will still have more money from that first contract than most people have. And wouldn’t he have more money the higher he goes in the draft? show me the evidence that people get drunk to lessen the hype and expectations of those around them. Hey look at that chick. I’m going to get **** faced because I don’t want her to like me. He did what he did because that is the problem with booze, especially at that age. It takes away your inhibitions and judgement. The positive aspect is if a good coach and agent can help him the world is a little better.

It’s just my theory man based on nothing empirical…but not all these guys love the game and are as confident as u think they are or should be.

Has nothing to do with age or alcohol..have known plenty of old drunks who’ve done this same type of ****…acting reckless with absolutely nothing to gain and everything to lose. it’s more just about doing stupid **** right before 1 of the biggest moments of your life..or when you’re at the top of your game.

A guy who was on the bench at UT & really had done nothing to pay attention to until his 5th year in college so there's really only 1 year of top level production....
Who are you talking about here?

TMZ: NFL DRAFT PROSPECT T'VONDRE SWEATINVOLVED IN ROLLOVER CAR CRASH... Before DWI Arrest
4/9/2024 3:59 PM PT

T'Vondre Sweat is fortunate to have been able to walk out of jail this weekend under his own power ... because cops say the top NFL draft prospect was involved in a rollover car crash just hours before he was thrown behind bars.

New Austin Police Department documents we obtained state that Sweat's 2023 orange Ford Bronco flipped on its side after it collided with a 2020 blue Dodge sports car on a Texas highway at around 4:41 AM on Sunday.

In the docs, cops state the Dodge hit the Bronco from behind, causing it to lose control, roll over, and eventually come to a stop on its right side.

Somehow, Sweat -- who's 6 feet 4, 366 pounds -- appeared to escape the carnage unscathed ... although when police conducted an investigation following the accident, they say he exhibited signs of being intoxicated after admitting to being the driver.

According to the docs, the former Texas Longhorn defensive lineman "had glassy eyes." Cops also stated his ride emitted an "odor of burnt marijuana."
Sweat was later taken to Travis County Jail and booked on a charge of DWI at around 2:12 PM. He was released at around 4 PM ... and declined to comment on the matter when he was asked about it as he walked out of custody.

Sweat -- who won the 2023 Outland Trophy award -- had been viewed a possible second- or third-round pick prior to the arrest.

Of course he had an additional year of experience, but he played better at 365 than he did at 340.

and that’s a red flag imo. Most guys don’t get better putting on weight unless they’re undersized..in fact, most get worse lol. He wasn’t undersized at any point and the weight he put on doesn’t look to be healthy weight.

TMZ: NFL DRAFT PROSPECT T'VONDRE SWEATINVOLVED IN ROLLOVER CAR CRASH... Before DWI Arrest
4/9/2024 3:59 PM PT

T'Vondre Sweat is fortunate to have been able to walk out of jail this weekend under his own power ... because cops say the top NFL draft prospect was involved in a rollover car crash just hours before he was thrown behind bars.

New Austin Police Department documents we obtained state that Sweat's 2023 orange Ford Bronco flipped on its side after it collided with a 2020 blue Dodge sports car on a Texas highway at around 4:41 AM on Sunday.

In the docs, cops state the Dodge hit the Bronco from behind, causing it to lose control, roll over, and eventually come to a stop on its right side.

Somehow, Sweat -- who's 6 feet 4, 366 pounds -- appeared to escape the carnage unscathed ... although when police conducted an investigation following the accident, they say he exhibited signs of being intoxicated after admitting to being the driver.

According to the docs, the former Texas Longhorn defensive lineman "had glassy eyes." Cops also stated his ride emitted an "odor of burnt marijuana."
Sweat was later taken to Travis County Jail and booked on a charge of DWI at around 2:12 PM. He was released at around 4 PM ... and declined to comment on the matter when he was asked about it as he walked out of custody.

Sweat -- who won the 2023 Outland Trophy award -- had been viewed a possible second- or third-round pick prior to the arrest.
So, Sweat didn't cause the accident? He was hit by the other vehicle? Is this an important distinction?

Reactions: JB
So on top of being drunk at 5 in the morning, he was smoking dope, all while driving a 2 ton piece of metal.

Y’all really think DeMeco wants the headache? I don’t. I think he’s off their board and rightly so. I also think he’s a bust in the making. He’s got issues, and multiple ones at that. Dude needs to get counseling not a big payday.

At the time, marijuana could bring a player a lengthy suspension. No longer the case. Do you see driving while intoxicated being considered inconsequential by the NFL in the near future?

What if Sweat is that rare, one of a kind, future HOFer?

So, Sweat didn't cause the accident? He was hit by the other vehicle? Is this an important distinction?

Not necessarily. His apparent impairment still could’ve made him responsible for the wreck if he was driving reckless or not observing the proper rules of the road.

Sweat. His jr. year was nothing special. Sophomore year he was a jag…Before that he was at best he was platooning.
Obviously you're speaking as an UT hater and don't really watch UT football

Not necessarily. His apparent impairment still could’ve made him responsible for the wreck if he was driving reckless or not observing the proper rules of the road.
Then why did the OTHER guy run?

You are assuming. I believe there are only two known, pertinent, facts, he was "intoxicated" and his vehicle was hit from behind, causing the accident.

Reactions: JB
Obviously you're speaking as an UT hater and don't really watch UT football

Not really in this scenario..compare his numbers to Ross blacklock who only had 2 full seasons of play his freshman and Jr. year. Same type of production really except Sweat got 5 years and really only produced in his 2 senior seasons.

In his college years, he was less that consistent, gaining his accolades very late. In the NFL, he will be going against the best that college could throw at him...............essentially every game. I have my doubts as to how he'll hold up.
I would take my chances with a guy that's considered the best at his craft in college football. Luckily for your way of thought Sweat isn't a good fit in a Ryans offense.

You can't just use the generic term DT, the two DTs play different position. A 3 tech is not the same as a 1 tech. Ryans 1 tech DT in San Fran was not an effective pass rusher. At most, 3 sacks. I would think, or hope, that Ryan is smart enough to evolve in his coaching. If the small 300 pounder is not getting effective pressure, would a strong 360 pounder produce better results?
I want lighter guys to play DT in pass rush situations and Heavier guys like Settle/Fukasi to play on run situation. A diverse group would be best. IMHO

You are assuming. I believe there are only two known, pertinent, facts, he was "intoxicated" and his vehicle was hit from behind, causing the accident.

Yyou’re also assuming that b/c he was the 1 hit from behind, that he couldn’t have still been in the wrong. Obviously the cops thought enough to charge him with DWI so he was in the wrong for something.

But yeah I am assuming based on an experience I just had a few months ago. I literally just got my car fixed from a situation like this where I was just cruising along in my own lane when some idiot shot out in front of me crossing over 2 lanes from a stop light... I couldn’t see his low car from my left b/c it was completely covered by the large SUV’s he was cutting in front of. So I TECHNICALLY hit him, but he was in the wrong by crossing over 2 damn lanes from a complete stop at a stop light.

We don't know all the details yet. But there are many reasons that can explain why someone would run after an accident.......that may or may not have to do with the accident itself.........DWI, drugs, guns, illegal alien status, 2 strikes, warrants, just to mention a few

- Tunsil's incident was 3 years prior to the Texans trading for him. Laremy had zero incidents after or since.
- How do we know Mixon was "draftable" by the Texans? The decision makers in 2017 are long gone. The Texans are clearly OK with the 2024 version of Mixon.

There is no linkage at all between Tunsil, Mixon, or Sweat and the Texans. Sweat's situation is now. If Sweat cleans his act up over the next several years, the Texans decision makers may have a different view of him.

A lot of people seem to be reaching for reasons to draft a player that has recently shown to have serious issues.
Actually very clearly written. Although I'm not happy with the outcome for my favorite team. But your point is valid.

Not really in this scenario..compare his numbers to Ross blacklock who only had 2 full seasons of play his freshman and Jr. year. Same type of production really except Sweat got 5 years and really only produced in his 2 senior seasons.
You said
A guy who was on the bench at UT & really had done nothing to pay attention to until his 5th year in college
I disagree
FRESHMAN (2019)
Played in all 13 games … logged nine tackles, broke up two passes, one sack, one fumble recovery and one tackle for loss

SOPHOMORE (2020)
Played in all 10 games ... recorded 22 tackles, four tackles for loss, one sack, one pass breakup, one quarterback hurry, one forced fumble and one fumble recovery ...

JUNIOR (2021)
Played in all 12 games ... registered 22 tackles (nine solo), two tackles for loss, one sack and three pass breakups

SENIOR (2022)
Named honorable mention All-Big 12 by the league’s coaches … played in 13 games with nine starts ... established career highs with 30 tackles (10 solo) and added 2.5 tackles for loss, seven quarterback hurries and four pass breakups

SUPER SENIOR (2023)
Outland Trophy Award winner … unanimous first-team All-American … named a first-team All-American by the American Football Coaches Association, the Associated Press, the Football Writers Association of America, the Sporting News and the Walter Camp Football Foundation … a semifinalist for the Walter Camp Player of the Year Award and Bednarik Award … named the Big 12 Defensive Player of the Year by the conference’s coaches and the Associated Press … a unanimous first-team All-Big 12 selection by both the Big 12 Conference head coaches and the Associated Press … earned first-team All-America distinction from ESPN, The Athletic, Sports Illustrated, CBS Sports, USA Today, FOX Sports, Phil Steele and Pro Football Focus … selected the All-Texas Defensive Player of the Year and All-Texas Best Defensive Lineman by Dave Campbell’s Texas Football … a Dave Campbell’s Texas Football All-Texas First Team honoree … named to the USA Today All-Big 12 Team … a first-team All-Big 12 selection by Phil Steele … played in all 14 games with eight starts … established career highs with 45 tackles, 18 solo tackles, eight tackles for loss, two sacks, four pass breakups and one blocked kick … also had a 2-yard touchdown reception …

Hopefully not, but we as a nation at being attacked by those who want to destroy all normalcy. Black and white. So you must decide for yourself. I don't trust the TV. Do you?

Any number of reasons:

Could’ve had warrants…
No insurance…
Suspended license…
Stolen car…
Drunk/high himself

All of the above

Surmising that he ran specifically b/c he was at fault in the accident wouldn’t matter for him in any of those situations b/c he’s going to jail no matter what.
Do you realize how ludicrous you sound here?

You said

I disagree
FRESHMAN (2019)
Played in all 13 games … logged nine tackles, broke up two passes, one sack, one fumble recovery and one tackle for loss

SOPHOMORE (2020)
Played in all 10 games ... recorded 22 tackles, four tackles for loss, one sack, one pass breakup, one quarterback hurry, one forced fumble and one fumble recovery ...

JUNIOR (2021)
Played in all 12 games ... registered 22 tackles (nine solo), two tackles for loss, one sack and three pass breakups

SENIOR (2022)
Named honorable mention All-Big 12 by the league’s coaches … played in 13 games with nine starts ... established career highs with 30 tackles (10 solo) and added 2.5 tackles for loss, seven quarterback hurries and four pass breakups

SUPER SENIOR (2023)
Outland Trophy Award winner … unanimous first-team All-American … named a first-team All-American by the American Football Coaches Association, the Associated Press, the Football Writers Association of America, the Sporting News and the Walter Camp Football Foundation … a semifinalist for the Walter Camp Player of the Year Award and Bednarik Award … named the Big 12 Defensive Player of the Year by the conference’s coaches and the Associated Press … a unanimous first-team All-Big 12 selection by both the Big 12 Conference head coaches and the Associated Press … earned first-team All-America distinction from ESPN, The Athletic, Sports Illustrated, CBS Sports, USA Today, FOX Sports, Phil Steele and Pro Football Focus … selected the All-Texas Defensive Player of the Year and All-Texas Best Defensive Lineman by Dave Campbell’s Texas Football … a Dave Campbell’s Texas Football All-Texas First Team honoree … named to the USA Today All-Big 12 Team … a first-team All-Big 12 selection by Phil Steele … played in all 14 games with eight starts … established career highs with 45 tackles, 18 solo tackles, eight tackles for loss, two sacks, four pass breakups and one blocked kick … also had a 2-yard touchdown reception …

Key “played in”…not started. When he started starting is noted in his 1st senior season summary.

Last edited:
I was responding to your 'nothing to note' until his final season

It wasn’t anything of note. Had he come out after that 1st senior season, he’s probably a 4th - 5th round pick/project. Coming back this for that 2nd senior season, winning the Outland only moved him up to 3rd round status.

Enlighten me sir..CND basically said the same thing I said in back to back posts and u gave him a thumbs up.
You had said that Sweat could have caused the accident and then used those reasons for why the other guy ran. I was putting your two posts together

It wasn’t anything of note. Had he come out after that 1st senior season, he’s probably a 4th - 5th round pick/project. Coming back this for that 2nd senior season, winning the Outland only moved him up to 3rd round status.
Hopefully he falls to 3-86.

Police report stated that Sweat's BAC came back 0.105. The BAC was measured at 6:08 a.m. The officer arrived on the scene at 4:41 a.m. Sweat’s BAC was higher at the time of the accident, having 87 minutes to drop.

Last edited:
I'm off the sweat bandwagon, not because of the dwi but because from his tapes, he looks too slow to me. I'd hoping for fiske

I do know this. NC has said they have particular body types at each position that they profile and use in their drafts. It comes down to their DT profile. I’m pretty sure they can get his weight within the desired range, if he’s not there already, or they won’t draft him.
I feel certain that the weight issue is no longer the only issue. As doc mentioned upstream, a 364 lb Goliath with drinking issues would present an even greater problem in maintaining a good healthy weight for a defensive tackle. For those who have not looked at it, Doc also posted information about the body mass index that was very useful information.

The rule of thumb is you can subtract at least .015 for each hour after drinking.

So at a minimum, at the time of the accident, his BAC was .135.

You said

I disagree
FRESHMAN (2019)

SOPHOMORE (2020)

JUNIOR (2021)

SENIOR (2022)

SUPER SENIOR (2023)
Ok, enough for me. I’d draft this guy because it looks like he never got injured in college or in a roll over car crash.

Looks like he's going to have a short lifespan. But even with these numbers he was good enough to be considered the best lineman in the nation in college. I kind like that and hope that he keeps playing at that weight because he's effective playing at that weight. From a human aspect, he needs to lose weight.
Outland winner as you said yet Murphy, Newton and Fiske ranked higher for draft... with Kris Jenkins nipping at his heels in draft rankings.

Police report stated that Sweat's BAC came back 0.105. The BAC was measured at 6:08 a.m. The officer arrived on the scene at 4:41 a.m. Sweat’s BAC was higher at the time of the accident, having 870 minutes to drop.

What I got out of that report is Sweat only weighs 322 LBS.

Outland winner as you said yet Murphy, Newton and Fiske ranked higher for draft... with Kris Jenkins nipping at his heels in draft rankings.
Being drafted higher is all about projection, not what a player currently is. Obviously most draftniks think the guys you listed have a higher ceiling. However that doesn't mean Sweat wasn't a great college player, or that he cant improve and surpass what the draftniks think he can be. The talent is there.

Being drafted higher is all about projection, not what a player currently is. Obviously most draftniks think the guys you listed have a higher ceiling. However that doesn't mean Sweat wasn't a great college player, or that he cant improve and surpass what the draftniks think he can be. The talent is there.
They play different positions. The 3 tech is expected to get sacks. In 2021 Ryans got 10 sacks from the 3 tech. He got 3 sacks from the 1 tech.

Players/positions which get the sacks get drafted higher and get paid more.

Back