Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

T'Vondre Sweat arrested for DWI suspicion.

You had said that Sweat could have caused the accident and then used those reasons for why the other guy ran. I was putting your two posts together

That post was responding to your post about why the guy ran. But just b/c that guy ran doesn’t mean Sweat couldn’t have caused the accident. My point was that guy could’ve had his own reasons for running independent of whether he caused the accident or not. Driving with a suspended license…you’re going to jail no matter if you’re at fault in this accident or not b/c you shouldn’t have been driving in the 1st place.

That post was responding to your post about why the guy ran. But just b/c that guy ran doesn’t mean Sweat couldn’t have caused the accident. My point was that guy could’ve had his own reasons for running independent of whether he caused the accident or not. Driving with a suspended license…you’re going to jail no matter if you’re at fault in this accident or not b/c you shouldn’t have been driving in the 1st place.
Okay :rolleyes:

What I got out of that report is Sweat only weighs 322 LBS.
That report was before he was processed at the station. Those heights and weights are routinely taken from the response from the individual at the time of the initial interview at the scene. Heights are also recorded from mug shots, but weights are not routinely formally measured. I'm surpised he didn't say he weighed 299. 🤔

Last edited:
Are you really questioning that this dude couldn’t have been running for those reasons dude? Really?
Not at all. I was questioning your hope that Sweat caused the accident when the report clearly stated that the Dodge ran into his vehicle

These last four pages aside really for me all that matters is DeMeco’s opinion of Sweat. He made it crystal clear that he values the person over the player. He will potentially be a Texan only if he is available and receives the imprimatur from DMR who currently sits at the left hand of the Son. Good enough for me.

Respectfully, This is just my opinion, but I think there are some distinct differences.

Tunsil as far as I know had the one incident with the weed gas mask thing. Tunsil was a top 15 prospect at a highly valuable position. The gas mask thing wasn't really something that made you question his dedication to football. Was it smart to have that come out right before the draft? No, but smoking weed in the house is not a huge deal. Having drinks and getting on the road and getting into accidents is.

And also, by the time the Texans traded for him he was already an established pro.

Mixon supposedly had a draftable grade, but draftable where? I think Sweat is still draftable, but I just wouldn't invest pick 42 on him.

Also, Mixon's incident didn't happen right before the draft. He was basically right out of high school when he assaulted the woman. That was about 3 full years before he was drafted. And again, They traded for him a decade after that incident happened and he's already an established pro who has proven himself.

With Sweat there were already some concerns before this....He had to address his party boy ways at the combine with teams he met with. He supposedly told teams when asked about his weight that he didn't think he weight was a problem at all. This is despite some obvious conditioning issues that show up on film. And then just weeks before the draft he gets arrested for be intoxicated while driving. We'll see what happens with this charge and what the details are. Maybe he'll be vindicated. But right now it's not a good look and just based on multiple factors I've cooled on him.

And tbh I can see where the Texans weren't high on him to begin with. he doesn't fit the high motor "SWARM" style of play that Demeco demands.

The bold makes way more sense to me than dropping him from the draft board, as LZ suggested, for the DWI arrest.

He lost 44 lb since the combine? Wow! At least he's getting down to playing weight!
Like I said, for whatever reason that number is not real. Despite what you might read on the internet, controlled medical studies have demonstrated that the human body cannot physiologically lose more than 1/2 pound of fat per day. Anything beyond that is mostly through water and/or muscle loss.

But you would agree that Sweat would not have been in an accident if he wasn't out driving drunk at 4 o'clock in the morning, right?
I was thinking about that last night. He should have left the party 30 minutes earlier, or 30 minutes later. He would have missed his date with the Dodge.

Not at all. I was questioning your hope that Sweat caused the accident when the report clearly stated that the Dodge ran into his vehicle

if he ass was committing some illegal maneuver…yes his ass could’ve been at fault. As of now, there’s only his testimony of what happened and it’s not like he has incentive to tell them whether he was in the wrong…especially too if he was under the influence of something. But we can agree to disagree.

It's not like some on here try to make it seem like DWI's are a very common thing. They're not common
My knowledge is strictly on my neighbors and those in my Social Circle as well as people I see on a daily or weekly business. Quite a few of them are what I would refer to as alcoholics although they would probably just refer to themselves as regular drinkers. Several have DWI or PI or police called to their apartment for domestic where booze involved more than once.

if he ass was committing some illegal maneuver…yes his ass could’ve been at fault. As of now, there’s only his testimony of what happened and it’s not like he has incentive to tell them whether he was in the wrong…especially too if he was under the influence of something. But we can agree to disagree.
The fact that the other person left the scene makes me believe Sweat.

One guy who was a high 1st round pick and has played like it. How about the rest of the jumbo DTs that aren’t pass rushers?
Give me a guy like Sweat, who I see as a Ted Washington or Sam Adams type DTand I can draft a smaller rotational DT like Logan Lee in the 5-6th rd for pass rush situations.

One guy who was a high 1st round pick and has played like it. How about the rest of the jumbo DTs that aren’t pass rushers?
What are you saying, many draftpicks don't play up to expectations? I think that is generally accepted as a true statement. There are those who think Sweat will be a bust. There are those who think he will suceed. No one can predict the future.

Additional info affidavit from officer on the scene:

1712770259847.png

Evidently, this reflected 6:08 am......the time of contact. As per the report, this is when the preliminary breathalizer test and results were obtained. The actual blood draw for BAC is never performed except at the police station or hospital. There is no "if no, results:" to the right of "Blood Test Administered." There have been controlled studies regarding accuracy of the breathalyzers..........with ~80% returning as significantly underestimated.

It will be nice to see the official blood-drawn BAC results. But this is not TV CSI. Having spoken to a person in the know in Dallas (as is the case in other cities), because of the lab backlog for DWI BACs, it will be closer to a month before results will be received.........many even for months. With the greatest of luck, very rarely a result can be returned in 10 days.

Give me a guy like Sweat, who I see as a Ted Washington or Sam Adams type DTand I can draft a smaller rotational DT like Logan Lee in the 5-6th rd for pass rush situations.
They were good players in their time. The game, players and schemes have all changed in the 2 decades ago when Washinton and Adams played.

Personal views on driving laws or search and seizure laws are not welcome to discussion and only lead to political talk. Stick to the facts.

I just learned that personal views aren't allowed on this MB.

Crazy stuff.

You should worry about if they turn political IF they turn political not before they turn political.

Just another case of mods not following the rules, but making them up as they see fit when they choose to do so.

TEXAS LONGHORNS FOOTBALL
Texas football player involved in T’Vondre Sweat DWI arrest and crash, per incident report
  • Updated: Apr. 10, 2024, 6:34 p.m.|
  • Published: Apr. 10, 2024, 4:18 p.m.

When T’Vondre Sweat was arrested early Sunday morning in a driving while intoxicated case, it involved a car accident in which the former University of Texas star defensive tackle was rear-ended by another driver.

The other driver in that accident has been identified as a current Longhorns football player.

In a heavily redacted incident report provided to LoneStarLive.com by the Austin Police Department, redshirt freshman linebacker S’Maje Burrell is listed as the driver of the other vehicle. According to the incident report, Burrell was not arrested, nor was he charged with a crime.

According to a statement by the Austin Police Department provided to LoneStarLive.com on Monday afternoon, the driver of the blue Dodge, who was not named in the statement, left the scene of the crash immediately on foot. Neither the affidavit nor the incident report noted that.

However, Burrell is listed specifically in the incident report as his car having been in a collision at the scene.

The incident report states that while on duty at 5:45 p.m. Sunday, roughly 12 hours after the incident, Austin police Officer Gary Jaime “responded to a service call in which the complainant was asking for a supervisor regarding a collision that occurred on the 13000 block of IH 35 N. He identified himself as a Ft. Worth police officer. I called the complainant back and he later identified himself as Burrell, Lorenzo.”

Burrell is listed on the incident report as S’Maje Burrell’s father.

In both the Austin police incident report and the affidavit provided to LoneStarLive.com on Tuesday by the Travis County Clerk’s Office, it states that at 4:41 a.m. Sunday, Austin police responded to a two-vehicle crash in the 13600 block of North Interstate 35 SB involving a 2023 orange Ford Bronco and a 2020 blue Dodge sports car.

The occupants of the Bronco, which Sweat was driving, said the Dodge crashed into the back of the Bronco, causing it lose control, go right, and end up on a service road. The Bronco rolled onto its side.

When police arrived, Sweat admitted to being the driver of the Bronco. Austipolice Officer Steven Creamer observed that Sweat appeared to be intoxicated based on several factors, including watery, bloodshot eyes, balance described as swaying, and the strong odor of alcohol.

Sweat failed a number of field sobriety tests before being arrested on the DWI charge, police said. According to the affidavit, before his arrest, Sweat, who reportedly was polite and cooperative with Austin police, admitted driving for approximately five to six minutes before the crash, and said he had two or three shots of tequila before driving, then being involved in the crash.

While in custody, he was given a preliminary breath test. Per the affidavit, the result of that test yielded a .105 blood alcohol level at 6:08 a.m. The legal blood alcohol concentration limit in Texas is 0.08. The affidavit indicates a blood test was administered, but the result was not available.

TEXAS LONGHORNS FOOTBALL
Three-star recruit no longer on Texas football team after involvement in T’Vondre Sweat DWI arrest and crash
  • Updated: Apr. 10, 2024, 6:50 p.m.|
  • Published: Apr. 10, 2024, 6:26 p.m.
Redshirt freshman linebacker S’Maje Burrell is no longer a member of the University of Texas football team, a source with knowledge of the situation confirmed to LoneStarLive.com Wednesday evening.

Burrell was still listed on the Texas roster on the school’s website as of Wednesday at 6:20 p.m.

On3.com is reporting that Burrell is expected to enter the transfer portal. Burrell was a member of Texas’ 2023 class and didn’t see any playing time during the 2023 season.

Burrell’s removal from the team coincides with his involvement in the DWI crash and arrest of former Longhorns star defensive tackle T’Vondre Sweat. The incident, which took place early Sunday morning, included Sweat being rear-ended by another driver

In a heavily redacted incident report provided to LoneStarLive.com by the Austin Police Department, Burrell is listed as the driver of the other vehicle. According to the incident report, Burrell was not arrested, nor was he charged with a crime.

According to a statement by the Austin Police Department provided to LoneStarLive.com on Monday afternoon, the driver of the other car, who was not named in the statement, left the scene of the crash immediately on foot. Neither an affidavit released Monday, nor the incident report noted that.

However, Burrell is listed specifically in the incident report as his car having been in a collision at the scene.

The incident report states that while on duty at 5:45 p.m. Sunday, roughly 12 hours after the incident, Austin police Officer Gary Jaime “responded to a service call in which the complainant was asking for a supervisor regarding a collision that occurred on the 13000 block of IH 35 N. He identified himself as a Ft. Worth police officer. I called the complainant back and he later identified himself as Burrell, Lorenzo.”

TEXAS LONGHORNS FOOTBALL
Texas football player involved in T’Vondre Sweat DWI arrest and crash, per incident report
  • Updated: Apr. 10, 2024, 6:34 p.m.|
  • Published: Apr. 10, 2024, 4:18 p.m.

When T’Vondre Sweat was arrested early Sunday morning in a driving while intoxicated case, it involved a car accident in which the former University of Texas star defensive tackle was rear-ended by another driver.

The other driver in that accident has been identified as a current Longhorns football player.

In a heavily redacted incident report provided to LoneStarLive.com by the Austin Police Department, redshirt freshman linebacker S’Maje Burrell is listed as the driver of the other vehicle. According to the incident report, Burrell was not arrested, nor was he charged with a crime.

According to a statement by the Austin Police Department provided to LoneStarLive.com on Monday afternoon, the driver of the blue Dodge, who was not named in the statement, left the scene of the crash immediately on foot. Neither the affidavit nor the incident report noted that.

In both the Austin police incident report and the affidavit provided to LoneStarLive.com on Tuesday by the Travis County Clerk’s Office, it states that at 4:41 a.m. Sunday, Austin police responded to a two-vehicle crash in the 13600 block of North Interstate 35 SB involving a 2023 orange Ford Bronco and a 2020 blue Dodge sports car.

The occupants of the Bronco, which Sweat was driving, said the Dodge crashed into the back of the Bronco, causing it lose control, go right, and end up on a service road. The Bronco rolled onto its side.

When police arrived, Sweat admitted to being the driver of the Bronco. Austipolice Officer Steven Creamer observed that Sweat appeared to be intoxicated based on several factors, including watery, bloodshot eyes, balance described as swaying, and the strong odor of alcohol.

Sweat failed a number of field sobriety tests before being arrested on the DWI charge, police said. According to the affidavit, before his arrest, Sweat, who reportedly was polite and cooperative with Austin police, admitted driving for approximately five to six minutes before the crash, and said he had two or three shots of tequila before driving, then being involved in the crash.

While in custody, he was given a preliminary breath test. Per the affidavit, the result of that test yielded a .105 blood alcohol level at 6:08 a.m. The legal blood alcohol concentration limit in Texas is 0.08. The affidavit indicates a blood test was administered, but the result was not available.
I would give my opinion but mods don't allow opinions on this topic in regards to forced to give blood.

My concern isn't necessarily the DUI itself. My concern is the pattern of behavior. There had to be a known issue with his partying as teams brought it up to him at the combine and he said he was done with the partying. Weeks later and 3 weeks before the biggest day of his life so far, he goes out, gets hammered, and drives. With his known partying I would just about guarantee this is not the first time he has driven drunk. I'm not necessarily faulting the guy for driving drunk. There are tons of us here who have done the same thing. Just the idiocy of him knowing he is under a microscope due to his partying already and he goes and pulls that? All that being said. I'm drafting him if he falls past the 3rd. Now I need a beer.

My concern isn't necessarily the DUI itself. My concern is the pattern of behavior. There had to be a known issue with his partying as teams brought it up to him at the combine and he said he was done with the partying. Weeks later and 3 weeks before the biggest day of his life so far, he goes out, gets hammered, and drives. With his known partying I would just about guarantee this is not the first time he has driven drunk. I'm not necessarily faulting the guy for driving drunk. There are tons of us here who have done the same thing. Just the idiocy of him knowing he is under a microscope due to his partying already and he goes and pulls that? All that being said. I'm drafting him if he falls past the 3rd. Now I need a beer.
I guess you feel the same way about top 30 visit S Bullard from Georgia? He's got a DWI on his record.

Pierce of Ravens, Grover of Colts and Vea are all 330 lbs. Sweat can play at 345 and will be a monster. Does he want it that bad is my question
I would definitely take a chance on him at 3-86, probably 2-59.

Imagine this

2-42 Copper or my guy if Cooper is gone (P. Wilson)
2-59 Bishop (My Guy)
3-86 Sweat

Defense would be pretty good.

I guess you feel the same way about top 30 visit S Bullard from Georgia? He's got a DWI on his record.

Not trying to answer for anyone else, but for me, it isn't really about the DWI in a vaccum. Hell, I've got a close friend who is like a brother that got a DWI several years ago. And there's probably times where I could have been stopped and 'technically' could have gotten one in my younger partying days. Not to make light of driving under the influence at all, but I understand it happens.

It's some of the other things in conjunction with this as to why I've moved him down on my own personal "big board".

Where T'Vondre Sweat stands ahead of 2024 NFL Draft
How far does T'Vondre Sweat fall after his DWI arrest over the weekend? Out of Day 2, if my sources are correct. The issues with Sweat are deeper than just one DWI arrest; he’s been known as someone who likes to party too much as well as not taking his conditioning seriously. While there was no weight posted for Sweat at the Senior Bowl, I’m told that heading into the event he was well over 380 pounds. He later tipped the scales at 366 pounds at the combine. No one questions his talent, yet the commitment to off-the-field conditioning is a major issue, and the DWI confirms fears of Sweat’s tendency to party.”
Link

I wouldn't even consider Sweat until the 4th round, and I'm not even 100% sure I'd take him there. He's a bust in the making, and it's of his own doing. Maybe in the 6th round, I'd take a flyer on him. The kid has talent but is an immature kid with an apparent substance abuse problem, and his cranium has lots of empty space. In other words, he's an immature, air-headed dope in multiple ways. HARD pass on him on day 2.

Not trying to answer for anyone else, but for me, it isn't really about the DWI in a vaccum. Hell, I've got a close friend who is like a brother that got a DWI several years ago. And there's probably times where I could have been stopped and 'technically' could have gotten one in my younger partying days. Not to make light of driving under the influence at all, but I understand it happens.

It's some of the other things in conjunction with this as to why I've moved him down on my own personal "big board".
This is certainly a fair post.

Passive-aggressive much? Just follow the rules. Seems pretty simple to me.
I did follow the rules.

Mods seem to make up the rules as they see fit.

See: The the Derrick traded thread that Caserio is going to be making picks from not only this yr but next yr as well.

I know other mods that disagreed with this and currently don't spend near as much time on the board as they used too because of this.

No passive aggressive here. You should know by now if you ask me a question or read a response you will know exactly where I stand. I consider your post to be disingenuous at best.

Mel Kiper Jr. predicts T'Vondre Sweat could fall past third round of NFL Draft
by:Suzanne Halliburton•about 2 hours•

Noted analyst Mel Kiper believes T’Vondre Sweat, one of the top
tackle prospects available, will drop in the NFL Draft as a result of his DWI arrest this past weekend in Austin.

However, Kiper, who has spent decades covering the NFL Draft for ESPN, said Sweat still has a good football future. Kiper made these comments, Thursday, on a teleconference with media covering the NFL. Sweat is familiar to Texas Longhorn fans. The big defensive tackle was an All-American and won the Outland Trophy last fall as he helped lead Texas to the college football playoffs.

“I think it definitely is something that will impact you know, from a negative standpoint, for obvious reasons,” Kiper said of Sweat’s arrest.

Kiper said Sweat is a throwback tackle to another NFL Draft era

However, Kiper said NFL teams already had started to drop Sweat in the draft. And it wasn’t because of alleged bad behavior. Rather, his game and his 366-pound build harken back to bygone football days.

“He was projected now as being more of a that stay-at-home type run-stuffer … a 1980s style defensive tackle,” Kiper said. “I like that (position), think you need that. We had (Jordan) Davis from Georgia going in the first round to the Eagles. I think now teams want this disruption. They want sacks, they want hurries, they want a guy who can be a factor getting after the quarterback from the interior.

“It’s not that style of play anymore like it was back in the 80s when (Sweat) would have been a much higher pick.”

According to an arrest report, Sweat was driving an orange Ford Bronco early Sunday morning. Another car, driven by teammate S’Maje Burrell, crashed into the back of the Bronco, with the traffic accident occurring on I-35 in north Austin. Sweat lost control of the Bronco and it rolled over on its side. Later Sunday, police arrested Sweat for a DWI, which in Texas in a Class B misdemeanor.

Kiper said the arrest will drop him. The NFL Draft analyst already projected Sweat as a third rounder before the arrest.

“Then you throw this in and then all of a sudden you’re talking about dropping down a little further,” Kiper said. “So I think when you’re looking at T’Vonde Sweat, he will have a roll with an NFL defense. He’ll just have to come off the board a little later. I thought maybe third round, now you might move him down a little bit further than that.”

Mel Kiper Jr. predicts T'Vondre Sweat could fall past third round of NFL Draft
by:Suzanne Halliburton•about 2 hours•

Noted analyst Mel Kiper believes T’Vondre Sweat, one of the top
tackle prospects available, will drop in the NFL Draft as a result of his DWI arrest this past weekend in Austin.

However, Kiper, who has spent decades covering the NFL Draft for ESPN, said Sweat still has a good football future. Kiper made these comments, Thursday, on a teleconference with media covering the NFL. Sweat is familiar to Texas Longhorn fans. The big defensive tackle was an All-American and won the Outland Trophy last fall as he helped lead Texas to the college football playoffs.

“I think it definitely is something that will impact you know, from a negative standpoint, for obvious reasons,” Kiper said of Sweat’s arrest.

Kiper said Sweat is a throwback tackle to another NFL Draft era

However, Kiper said NFL teams already had started to drop Sweat in the draft. And it wasn’t because of alleged bad behavior. Rather, his game and his 366-pound build harken back to bygone football days.

“He was projected now as being more of a that stay-at-home type run-stuffer … a 1980s style defensive tackle,” Kiper said. “I like that (position), think you need that. We had (Jordan) Davis from Georgia going in the first round to the Eagles. I think now teams want this disruption. They want sacks, they want hurries, they want a guy who can be a factor getting after the quarterback from the interior.

“It’s not that style of play anymore like it was back in the 80s when (Sweat) would have been a much higher pick.”

According to an arrest report, Sweat was driving an orange Ford Bronco early Sunday morning. Another car, driven by teammate S’Maje Burrell, crashed into the back of the Bronco, with the traffic accident occurring on I-35 in north Austin. Sweat lost control of the Bronco and it rolled over on its side. Later Sunday, police arrested Sweat for a DWI, which in Texas in a Class B misdemeanor.

Kiper said the arrest will drop him. The NFL Draft analyst already projected Sweat as a third rounder before the arrest.

“Then you throw this in and then all of a sudden you’re talking about dropping down a little further,” Kiper said. “So I think when you’re looking at T’Vonde Sweat, he will have a roll with an NFL defense. He’ll just have to come off the board a little later. I thought maybe third round, now you might move him down a little bit further than that.”
It seems every year there is a high profile player slides big time.
One that always sticks in my mind is La'el Collins OT that slid all the way out of the first on a possible murder related charge to I think either the 6th or 7th round when the Cowboys gobbled him up.
That turned out swimmingly for them.

Back