Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Tomlin & Steelers coming to Houston week four press conference

Understood. But that team we beat yesterday was not a "quality opponent" which was my point. I wish they were.

Thankfully, not a lot of "quality opponents" on our schedule.
You thought they were a quality opponent Wednesday

NFL Power Rankings for week four are out, Pittsburgh is 16 and Houston is 23. And Houston moved up 8 spots to be at 23.

I have no idea what to expect, this teams still mystifies me doing things I just didn't expect of them, and not doing the things I did expect. At least this team is a hell of a lot more fun to watch than last year's team.
Expect to slide back 12 spots next week.
I'm definitely not worried. I don't expect the Texans to win. We're 4 weeks into a new offense with a rookie OC, rookie QB, rookie Center... OL decimated by injury... we're not supposed to win. We may not score a TD. I'd be ecstatic if we regularly cross the 50 yard line.

Anything can happen. We might win. But I'm not worried about it.

With Trubiski starting for the next 4-6 weeks I doubt the Steelers will make the playoffs.
Is there a real difference between Trubiski and Pickett, right now? The Steelers were a fringe team (8 or 9 wins) going into the season, and remain so. It's not like they don't have talent. It's the QB position, or how they use the QB.

Last edited:
You thought they were a quality opponent Wednesday
That's not necessarily what that means. that could be a reflection of me thinking the Texans were not competitive at all.

but you're right, I did think Pittsburgh was a quality opponent before the game. I watched them play. I no longer think they are a quality opponent.

Similar to the way I can watch our OL play & know there's something going on there beyond "talent" I am saying Pittsburgh's problems run deeper than their offense.

Back