Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

The "Who should I start" thread

Damn, what was he saying? Must have been real bad to get banned.

I dunno, but it was over PMs. Apparently it's 1 strike and you're out with him. I don't even think that was the first user Vinny has banned and deleted since his heralded "return" either. There was some new guy defending Paterno in that thread that magically disappeared as well. Rule of thumb, don't talk to him if you're not a moderator.

Non-PPR. These guys are killing me. I bench one and the other one goes off.

Jermichael Finley vs. Oakland or Aaron Hernandez vs. Washington?

Finley is a must start every week. Dont kill yourself over trying to figure out who will score. Just play the best player. Hernandez has been losing alot of TD looks to Gronk.

I dunno, but it was over PMs. Apparently it's 1 strike and you're out with him. I don't even think that was the first user Vinny has banned and deleted since his heralded "return" either. There was some new guy defending Paterno in that thread that magically disappeared as well. Rule of thumb, don't talk to him if you're not a moderator.

Whatever. The dude was asking to get banned. Vinny gave him several chances to just drop the whole thing, but he decided that a child molestation argument was where he was going to make his final stand.

Addition by subtraction if you ask me.

HELP:

Phillip Rivers vs. Buffalo or

Cam Newton vs. Atlanta

Rivers is projected 21, Cam Newton projected 19

Hey guys I have a chance to make a late playoff push this week so I want as much input as possible. It's been a ridiculous year for me on FF dealing with injuries (Andre being the most important), but somehow I am still knocking on the door.

So I need a WR2 and WR3 for this week (WR1 is Victor Cruz who I feel is a lock). Here's what I've got.

Derrius Heyward-Bey @ Packers
Miles Austin V NYG
Santana Moss V NE
Jabar Gaffney V NE

Normally Austin would be a no brainer IMO but he is coming off his second injury... limited in practice and Questionable.

Thoughts??

Pick 1 from the walking wounded:

Nate Washington (questionable) vs. NO
Miles Austin (questionable) vs. NYG
Laurent Robinson (questionable) vs. NYG

Man, I’m thankful Antonio Brown went off vs. Cleveland.

Thanks all

Might need help

RBs
Willis McGahee
Reggie Bush
Ahmad Bradshaw
Felix Jones
(Run DMC and Murray going down is killing me):smiliepalm:

WR
Calvin Johnson
Dez Bryant
Julio Jones
Jordie Nelson

Need two WRs, Two RBs, and one flex

Julio Jones vs. Jville or Vincent Jackson vs. Baltimore?

Tough call. I'd go with Julio Jones just because Vjax is inconsistent.

Might need help

RBs
Willis McGahee
Reggie Bush
Ahmad Bradshaw
Felix Jones
(Run DMC and Murray going down is killing me):smiliepalm:

WR
Calvin Johnson
Dez Bryant
Julio Jones
Jordie Nelson

Need two WRs, Two RBs, and one flex

Ughhh, your RBs are tough. I bolded who I would use assuming PPR.

Edit: changed McGahee to Jones. I think he'll do better.

Last edited:
Team 1:
QB:
Matt Ryan vs Jax
Andy Dalton @ St Louis

Pick 2 WR, 2 RB, 1 flex:
Colston @Min
AJ Green @STL
Roddy White vs Jax
Laurent Robinson @ TB

Ray Rice @ SD
Michael Turner vs Jax
CJ Spiller vs Miami

Team 2:
QB:
Eli Manning vs Wash
Matt Stafford @ Oakland

Pick 3 of these guys:
Aq Boldin @SD
Laurent Robinson @ TB
Santonio Holmes @ Philly
Desean Jackson vs NYJ
Aaron Hernendez @ Denver

Anybody know what happened to CKW?

Vinny banned him over that Penn State thread spat. I think he deleted all of his posts too...

Thanks for asking dc. This is my new name. Everything worked out with Vinny. He deleted my entire account because he got mad over some things that were said in private messages. It really didn't have to do with the Sandusky thread. Vinny felt the need to protect his mods (understandably) and handled things the wrong way, IMO, but we are totally cool now. Just sucks I lost all my 5,000 plus rep points, but whatever.

Whatever. The dude was asking to get banned. Vinny gave him several chances to just drop the whole thing, but he decided that a child molestation argument was where he was going to make his final stand.

Funny you seem to know so much about the situation without ever having seen what actually went on in the private messages that led to my account being deleted.

Addition by subtraction if you ask me.

You aren't worth my time.

:mariopalm:

On topic, I won week 1 of my fantasy playoffs 189.5 to 88. Definitely my biggest victory I have ever had. MJD dominated, Ray Rice had a very good game, Michael Bush did ok, Larry Fitz had a monster 2nd half, and Hakeem Nicks did well too. Oh and 18 points from the Seattle D and 25+ from Cam Newton.

Folks knock off the insults and banter about folks going on time out or being banned. It isn't productive and is off-topic. Step away and move on.

Non-PPR.

James Jones @ KC
Denarius Moore vs. DET
DeSean Jackson vs. NYJ

Leaning towards James Jones with Jennings being out, and Jackson unreliable.

QB quandry. Need a guy to get me to the championship next week.

Newton @ Texans (horrible matchup)
Roethlisberger @ 49ers (injuries)
Tebow vs. Patriots

Leaning towards Tebow.

Ok. Jones over VJax was a good decision. got 15.10 out of him.

But now I'm wondering if I should go with Brandon Marshall @ Buffalo or VJax vs. Baltimore.

Tebow vs. Patriots

Leaning towards Tebow.

I have Newton as well but am going to start Tebow. Great matchup for him and a bad matchup for Cam.

But now I'm wondering if I should go with Brandon Marshall @ Buffalo or VJax vs. Baltimore.

I'd go Brandon Marshall.

I am having difficulty deciding who to start as well. Basically, I need to start two RBs, two WRs, and a flex. MJD has already played so really my decision just comes down to my flex and two WRs.

Here are my options:

Michael Bush vs DET
Larry Fitzgerald vs CLE
Hakeem Nicks vs WSH
Jordy Nelson @ KC

I am leaning Michael Bush (I always prefer to start RBs over WRs in the flex if at all possible), Fitz, and Nicks but with Jennings down, Nelson is very enticing.

Thoughts?

I am having difficulty deciding who to start as well. Basically, I need to start two RBs, two WRs, and a flex. MJD has already played so really my decision just comes down to my flex and two WRs.

Here are my options:

Michael Bush vs DET
Larry Fitzgerald vs CLE
Hakeem Nicks vs WSH
Jordy Nelson @ KC

I am leaning Michael Bush (I always prefer to start RBs over WRs in the flex if at all possible), Fitz, and Nicks but with Jennings down, Nelson is very enticing.

Thoughts?

I have had Nelson all season, he is very solid. I think his stock rises even more with Jennings going down. You can only play one of those players in the flex you listed? Or how many spots?

Here's my dilema,

Need 2 RB's, 2 WR's, and a Flex, here's my team with my current choices:

Michael Bush - starting RB
Ray Rice - starting RB
Steven Jackson - flex
Brandon Jacobs - bench

Jordy Nelson - starting WR
Wes Welker - starting WR
Miles Austin - bench

Basically I am torn between Steven Jackson, Bradon Jacobs, and Miles Austin in the flex spot. I can make a case for each of them. This is not a PPR league so I am leaning towards a RB for that reason.

Thoughts?

Non-PPR.

James Jones @ KC
Denarius Moore vs. DET
DeSean Jackson vs. NYJ

Leaning towards James Jones with Jennings being out, and Jackson unreliable.

I like Jones now that Jennings is out. Is Moore even healthy enough to play? I thought he missed the last few weeks.

Tebow vs. Patriots

Leaning towards Tebow.

I'd go Tebow too. NE defense is awful, he will get yards one way or another, and he doesn't make many turnovers. I like Newton a lot, but he has has some bad games against good defenses this year. The Titans shut him down just a couple weeks ago.

B Marsh sounds like the best option. He's been good the past few weeks and Buffalo is in decline. VJax is the high risk - high reward play though. Are you a gambling man? :)

Here are my options:

Michael Bush vs DET
Larry Fitzgerald vs CLE
Hakeem Nicks vs WSH
Jordy Nelson @ KC

Thoughts?

If I'm reading you right, you need to sit one of those 4 guys. I think Nicks and Nelson are must starts this week. The matchups are just too good and Rodgers is playing lights out, no Jennings may help too. If McFadden is still out, I'd go with Bush over Fitz. I know that might sound crazy, but Fitz hasn't been consistent at all this year, and the other WRs you have are on hot streaks.

I have had Nelson all season, he is very solid. I think his stock rises even more with Jennings going down. You can only play one of those players in the flex you listed? Or how many spots?

Here's my dilema,

Ray Rice - starting RB
Steven Jackson - flex
Brandon Jacobs - bench

Wes Welker - starting WR
Miles Austin - bench

Basically I am torn between Steven Jackson, Bradon Jacobs, and Miles Austin in the flex spot. I can make a case for each of them. This is not a PPR league so I am leaning towards a RB for that reason.

Thoughts?

I like your setup as it is. No need to swap anyone around, Austin isn't back to 100%, Jacobs isn't consistent and Bradshaw should be back this week. Plus the Redskins aren't terrible at defense.

Yep. Need to choose 3 of the 4 guys I listed. Two WRs and 1 flex. Sorry my post was so confusing. I didn't even realize MJD had already played until I started writing my post so I started off thinking I was going to list all my RBs and WRs and see who you guys recommended.

Here's my dilema,

Ray Rice - starting RB
Steven Jackson - flex
Brandon Jacobs - bench

Wes Welker - starting WR
Miles Austin - bench

Thoughts?

I'd go RB. Start Steven Jackson. Who is he playing against?

And I thought Austin was hurt?

If I'm reading you right, you need to sit one of those 4 guys. I think Nicks and Nelson are must starts this week. The matchups are just too good and Rodgers is playing lights out, no Jennings may help too. If McFadden is still out, I'd go with Bush over Fitz. I know that might sound crazy, but Fitz hasn't been consistent at all this year, and the other WRs you have are on hot streaks.

You read it right. Yeah, I have been a fool to not start Nelson more, but Fitz has had some huge weeks. He actually has been pretty consistent. It's just a lot of games he gets me 7-12 points (.5 PPR) whereas Nelson has gotten more yardage (I think) and TDs but less receptions. I am leaning Nelson and Nicks but since I am basically guaranteed to win round 1 of my playoffs (I won by over 100 last week), I may leave things as is and see how much usage Nelson gets with Jennings gone. Without Jennings to take some heat off Nelson, I just wonder if he will be as dominant.

1 spot left open
Cj Spiller vs Mia
Laurent Robinson vs TB
Jabar Gaffney vs NYG
also would you guys start Houston defense vs Car or titans defense vs colts?

Last edited:
smith @ SD
bradshaw vs Wash

@ Flex

I just ran it on FantasyPros. They say Bradshaw even though he has shown zero since he came back from his injury. I'd be afraid to start Smith since the Bolts are hot and the Ravens are a different team on the road.

I guess Torrey Smith is the lesser of 2 evils but you might want to check the waiver wire.

Select 2 of 3 RBs:
Reggie Bush (Dolphins) vs Buffalo
Darren Sproles (Saints) vs Minnesota
Willis McGahee (Broncos) vs New England

Select 1 WR:
Stevie Johnson (Bills) vs Miami
James Jones (Packers) vs Kansas City

I went with Marshall. I'm currently up by 32 but my opponent has Frank Gore playing tonight. Think I'll win? A win here puts me in the championship.

I went with Marshall. I'm currently up by 32 but my opponent has Frank Gore playing tonight. Think I'll win? A win here puts me in the championship.

Unless you have wacky scoring like 10 points per TD, I think you're fine. Gore didn't even get that many carries last week. He had 10 and Hunter had 8. 0 receptions. Should be an easy win.

Unless you have wacky scoring like 10 points per TD, I think you're fine. Gore didn't even get that many carries last week. He had 10 and Hunter had 8. 0 receptions. Should be an easy win.

I hope so. I'm the only Texan fan in that league and it's going to be real nice to not only have my favorite team in the playoffs, but to beat all those cowboy fans in their fantasy league after only my 3rd year of even playing fantasy football.

I made it to the SHIP. Here are my players. Who do you think I should start?

QBs

Drew Brees vs ATL
Matt Hasselbeck vs. Jville
Matt Moore @ New England

RBs
Ray Rice vs. Cleveland
Beanie Wells @ Cincy
Ben Tate @ Indy

WRs
Jordy Nelson vs. Chicago
Julio Jones @ New Orleans
Brandon Marshall @ New England
Jabar Gaffney vs. Minnesota
Vincent Jackson @ Detroit

TEs
Jimmy Graham vs. ATL
Greg Olsen vs. TB

Oh I also have Matt Bryant for my kicker and Chicagos D. Haven't replaced my D all year but Chicago plays Green Bay. Should I make a switch?

I made it to the SHIP. Here are my players. Who do you think I should start?

QBs

Drew Brees vs ATL
Matt Hasselbeck vs. Jville
Matt Moore @ New England

RBs
Ray Rice vs. Cleveland
Beanie Wells @ Cincy

Ben Tate @ Indy

WRs
Jordy Nelson vs. Chicago
Julio Jones @ New Orleans
Brandon Marshall @ New England
Jabar Gaffney vs. Minnesota
Vincent Jackson @ Detroit

TEs
Jimmy Graham vs. ATL
Greg Olsen vs. TB

Oh I also have Matt Bryant for my kicker and Chicagos D. Haven't replaced my D all year but Chicago plays Green Bay. Should I make a switch?

Bolded assuming your lineup is that way.

Why no Jordy Nelson?

After last week against the Chiefs? That was a baaaaaaaaaad game for them...

The Packers might not even need to win that game or next week. They hold the tiebreaker over the Saints for #1 seed, they didn't play SF so that goes to SOV. The Packers schedule is almost guaranteed to be stronger than SF, so even if they lose out from here they probably still get the #1 seed in the NFC. I don't expect Rodgers to play much if that is the case, probably sit Nelson, Driver and Finley too. No reason to risk guys on meaningless games. Plus the Bears are still in the Wild Card hunt, their defense will be playing like the game matters. I'd avoid Packers this week if possible.

I'm in the championship game in my fantasy league and I need help deciding which running back to start: Steven Jackson (vs. Steelers) or C.J. Spiller (vs. Denver). Spiller has been playing well and had a big game last week in terms of fantasy points. Steven Jackson has been reliable but he goes up against the Steelers defense. Thanks in advance for any insight you guys might be able to provide!

I'm in the championship game of in my fantasy league and I need help deciding which running back to start: Steven Jackson (vs. Steelers) or C.J. Spiller (vs. Denver). Spiller has been playing well and had a big game last week in terms of fantasy points. Steven Jackson has been reliable but he goes up against the Steelers defense. Thanks in advance for any insight you guys might be able to provide!

If it's PPR, CJ is certainly the better choice. I'm starting him over Michael Turner in one of my PPR leagues. He was the focus of the offense, and even when the Bills were down 2 score he got a lot of catches. Denver's D is good, but I don't think they will shut him down.

If it's PPR, CJ is certainly the better choice. I'm starting him over Michael Turner in one of my PPR leagues. He was the focus of the offense, and even when the Bills were down 2 score he got a lot of catches. Denver's D is good, but I don't think they will shut him down.

I'm sorry but I don't know what PPR stands for. But either way, I'm leaning towards C.J. myself. Thanks for the input.

I lost by 1 point to a guy I beat the division out for, I was 11-3, he was 10-4. I should have started Miles Austin and I would have won, Nelson and Welker were huge let downs.

After last week against the Chiefs? That was a baaaaaaaaaad game for them...

The Packers might not even need to win that game or next week. They hold the tiebreaker over the Saints for #1 seed, they didn't play SF so that goes to SOV. The Packers schedule is almost guaranteed to be stronger than SF, so even if they lose out from here they probably still get the #1 seed in the NFC. I don't expect Rodgers to play much if that is the case, probably sit Nelson, Driver and Finley too. No reason to risk guys on meaningless games. Plus the Bears are still in the Wild Card hunt, their defense will be playing like the game matters. I'd avoid Packers this week if possible.

Beanie Wells was limite practice but they think he will still play Sunday
Vincent Jackson didn't practice but they think he will play Sunday.
Brandon Marshall has a knee problem, didn't practice and there are only 4 people on their injury list including him. WOnder if he's gonna play.

I'm sorry but I don't know what PPR stands for. But either way, I'm leaning towards C.J. myself. Thanks for the input.

PPR = Point Per Reception. Which means that if a player makes a catch/reception he gets a point. It inflates WRs and TEs stats and makes them more competitive since they typically don't get as many opportunities to get yards as RBs do. Also makes pass catching RBs like Sproles, Bush and Foster much more valuable.

Back