Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

The "Who should I start" thread

Alright guys I'm in the championship game and need help on who to start. At RB, Ray Rice is a definite. But I am trying to decide if I should still start Michael Bush or give CJ Spiller a shot.

I also can start Spiller at WR if you think I should definitely keep Bush in at the flex. My WRs are pretty good too though. I have Larry Fitzgerald, Hakeem Nicks, and Jordy Nelson.

So basically here are my choices:

RB1: Ray Rice (definite starter)
RB2: MJD
Flex: Michael Bush or CJ Spiller
WR: Larry Fitz, Hakeem Nicks, Jordy Nelson, CJ Spiller (pick 2)

Thanks!!!!! Oh and it is a .5 PPR.

I WON!!!!! This is only my 3rd year of doing Fantasy and I won the whole thing. Pretty happy about that. $$$$$

I won my league championship last night after the Saints beat the Falcons. The other guy had Brees starting so I was a bit worried, but I was so far ahead of him that by the end I beat him by 50 points. It was a remarkable year for me because I drafted 3 QB's in my league's draft. I got Stafford first, Schaub second, and in the second to last round I decided to take a flyer on Cam Newton. Boy did that ever pay off! I never started Schaub or Stafford and Newton carried my team and I think he'll be the consensus no.1 pick in most leagues next year. I also picked up some guys off the waiver wire that played a huge role. Guys like Victor Cruz, Julio Jones, and C.J. Spiller helped me out a lot. I finished the regular season 7-4 but was on a 3 game winning streak going into the playoffs. I was the no.3 seed and knocked off the no.2 seed and proceeded to win the whole thing.

I guess I'll get this started for this season:

Which two should I start?

Marshawn Lynch @ Arizona
Frank Gore @ Green Bay
Ben Tate vs. Miami

Lynch is listed as 'questionable' against Arizona, so I'm leaning at starting Tate for the early game then deciding between Gore/Lynch for the late game (depending on if Lynch is starting). Thoughts?

Marshawn Lynch @ Arizona
Frank Gore @ Green Bay
Ben Tate vs. Miami

Lynch is listed as 'questionable' against Arizona, so I'm leaning at starting Tate for the early game then deciding between Gore/Lynch for the late game (depending on if Lynch is starting). Thoughts?

Depends on Foster for me. If he's a go, then I'd go with Gore. If there's any doubt about him -- and Kubes might hold him out just as a precautionary measure -- then I'd go with Tate.

With Gore it could get to be a shoot out and if that happens, SF might have to abandon the running game. But no matter what happens, you know Kubes is going to keep feeding the RB.

Depends on Foster for me. If he's a go, then I'd go with Gore. If there's any doubt about him -- and Kubes might hold him out just as a precautionary measure -- then I'd go with Tate.

With Gore it could get to be a shoot out and if that happens, SF might have to abandon the running game. But no matter what happens, you know Kubes is going to keep feeding the RB.

I'm thinking the same thing, which is why I'm leaning at starting Tate then going from there. Even if Foster starts Tate should still get plenty of carries and that SF-GB game could easily end up being a shootout.

Marshawn Lynch @ Arizona
Frank Gore @ Green Bay
Ben Tate vs. Miami
I would bench Lynch, who has always struggled vs the Cards. The Niners will try to control the ball vs the Pack, so Gore should get plenty of carries. Even if Foster is a go, Kubiak will give Tate his share of touches.

How about this. Standard scoring league, who should I have in my flex spot?

Pierre Garcon, or Kendall Wright? I've heard Garcon has developed a decent connection with RGIII. RGIII is untested, but I'd say the same of Jake Locker. The two things that have me leaning to Garcon is that Wright is a rookie, and he's still behind Laurent Robinson (I believe).

peyton manning vs steelers defense (minus clark)
or
joe flacco vs cincinnati

i'm leaning manning because, well it's peyton manning. i also hate qb's against opponents within their division. then again, flacco has looked really good this preseason, especially with the hurry up offense, and i'm betting harbaugh wants to lean on flacco as much as possible early on to build him up this season.

peyton manning vs steelers defense (minus clark)
or
joe flacco vs cincinnati

i'm leaning manning because, well it's peyton manning. i also hate qb's against opponents within their division. then again, flacco has looked really good this preseason, especially with the hurry up offense, and i'm betting harbaugh wants to lean on flacco as much as possible early on to build him up this season.

That's a tough call. Flacco had a passer rating over 100 last year against the Bengals and threw 3 TDs to 1 INT but only a total of 400 yards in two games. OTOH, I think that last game was a gimme game and he didn't play much. I wouldn't be surprised if Flacco lights them up.... OTOH, he's going to be throwing a pass or two at Jacoby Jones. So. There you go.

Peyton? He scares me. If it's the old Peyton, then hell yeah. But it's not the old Peyton and these aren't his old receivers and this isn't his old offense. OTOH, he's going to be throwing a pass or two at Joel Dreessen. So. There you go.

I'd go Peyton.

I have Foster and Stephen Jackson right now as my two starting RBs for tomorrow. Standard scoring settings.

I have a slot open, and have narrowed it down to Darren Sproles or Ben Tate. Sproles is heralded as a solid flex starter mostly because of the amount of targets he gets a game, but I'm worried about how much rust he'll have since he didn't play in the preseason. Tate has the potential to rack up pts tomorrow if Foster is given maybe the 2nd half off.

:kitten:

I have Foster and Stephen Jackson right now as my two starting RBs for tomorrow. Standard scoring settings.

I have a slot open, and have narrowed it down to Darren Sproles or Ben Tate. Sproles is heralded as a solid flex starter mostly because of the amount of targets he gets a game, but I'm worried about how much rust he'll have since he didn't play in the preseason. Tate has the potential to rack up pts tomorrow if Foster is given maybe the 2nd half off.

:kitten:

If it was PPR, I'd 100% go with Sproles. Since its a standard league I tjink Id run with Tate. Great RBs btw

Adrian Peterson or Stevan Ridley?

I'd watch the lineups right up until kickoff. If AD doesn't get held out, then I'd play him. He's had time to heal that knee, so I think this might be gamesmanship.

I'd keep Ridley on "stash" status until I see him get steady carries.

Adrian Peterson or Stevan Ridley?

I'd wait on that decision until just before game time. I've got Peterson in one of my leagues (with Tate) and I'm waiting to see if I need to move Tate up into that RB spot (depending on Foster and Peterson's final status tomorrow.)

That's a tough call. Flacco had a passer rating over 100 last year against the Bengals and threw 3 TDs to 1 INT but only a total of 400 yards in two games. OTOH, I think that last game was a gimme game and he didn't play much. I wouldn't be surprised if Flacco lights them up.... OTOH, he's going to be throwing a pass or two at Jacoby Jones. So. There you go.

Peyton? He scares me. If it's the old Peyton, then hell yeah. But it's not the old Peyton and these aren't his old receivers and this isn't his old offense. OTOH, he's going to be throwing a pass or two at Joel Dreessen. So. There you go.

I'd go Peyton.

They dropped Jones, and if Flacco is a good call over Peyton any week they play the Bengals, or any team with a soft secondary. Him and Torrey Smith have the potential to burn that secondary.

I'm trying to figure out who is my 2nd RB today. I've got MJD vs. Minnesota and Helu vs. New Orelans.

Helu is probably 2nd on the depth chart, but it's been tough trying to get a read on how much time he'll see with the 3 backs theyve got.

MJD won't get the start today coming off his holdout, but I was thinking he probably gets at least as many touches as Helu and is the better player. I had Helu penciled in and finally caved and swap him for MJD last night.

Thoughts?

I'm trying to figure out who is my 2nd RB today. I've got MJD vs. Minnesota and Helu vs. New Orelans.

Helu is probably 2nd on the depth chart, but it's been tough trying to get a read on how much time he'll see with the 3 backs theyve got.

MJD won't get the start today coming off his holdout, but I was thinking he probably gets at least as many touches as Helu and is the better player. I had Helu penciled in and finally caved and swap him for MJD last night.

Thoughts?

Everything I've read is that Jennings is going to get the bulk of the carries but MJD will be the 3rd down back, if its PPR you might still get enough value out of starting him.

i like MJD. helu is in a mixed backfield with royster and the other guy (drawing a blank), so there's no telling how many touches he'll see until shanahan makes a decision. MJD on the other hand will probably get more touches if the game's close or they fall behind, and will likely be in on long situations for easy yardage.

A Non-PPR league. I need to start 2. Which ones do you think should get the spot

Steven Jackson VS Washington
Reggie Bush VS Raiders
Ryan Mathews VS Titans
CJ Spiller VS Chiefs

:thinking:

A Non-PPR league. I need to start 2. Which ones do you think should get the spot

Reggie Bush VS Raiders
Ryan Mathews VS Titans
CJ Spiller VS Chiefs

It would be hard to go wrong with any of them. Though if I had to narrow it down, I would drop Bush against a pretty good Raiders defense, and drop Ryan Matthews who is coming off of injury in a pass heavy offense. Jackson is reliable, but if RG3 performs like he did last week I'd expect to see the Rams playing from behind and being forced to pass the ball plenty.

So I guess my money would be on Spiller granted Freddy is on the bench.

My question: I have Marshawn Lynch @ DAL, CJ2K @ SD and Stevan Ridley @ ARI and I'm deciding which 2 to start (my RB1 is Matt Forte @ GB so he's staying in for sure).

Reggie Bush VS Raiders
Ryan Mathews VS Titans
CJ Spiller VS Chiefs

I would go with Jackson & Spiller. With Fred Jackson being out over a month Spiller should get plenty of carries. Ryan Mathews' status for the upcoming game is uncertain right now. If he plays I would question him getting the bulk of the carries for SD.

My question: I have Marshawn Lynch @ DAL, CJ2K @ SD and Stevan Ridley @ ARI and I'm deciding which 2 to start (my RB1 is Matt Forte @ GB so he's staying in for sure).

Patriots should have a huge lead so Ridley is tempting, but I would lean towards Lynch.

For the WR/RB flex position should I start Michael Turner, Reggie Wayne, Percy Harvin or Malcom Floyd? Fitzgerald and Eric Decker are my two starting WRs.

You pretty much have to play Ridley.. From what he did last week against the Titans 125 yrd and a score. He will blow the cardinals out of the sky... Pun intended.... :hunter:

For the WR/RB flex position should I start Michael Turner, Reggie Wayne, Percy Harvin or Malcom Floyd? Fitzgerald and Eric Decker are my two starting WRs.

I go with Wayne or Floyd... If i had to pick one i would go with Wayne,
but i will be starting Floyd so i hope he does better

Which one should I start?

Stephen Hill @ Pittsburgh
Justin Blackmon vs. Houston
Michael Crabtree vs. Detroit

Reggie Bush VS Raiders
Ryan Mathews VS Titans
CJ Spiller VS Chiefs
Spiller & SJax

Wayne

Which one should I start?

Stephen Hill @ Pittsburgh
Justin Blackmon vs. Houston
Michael Crabtree vs. Detroit
Crabtree and ..... Blackmon.

Pretty early in the week for me, I'll update if necessary.

Trade Proposals...

CJ Spiller for Reggie Wayne?

My running backs are

Ryan Mathews, Reggie Bush, Steven Jackson.

My receivers are

Jeremy Maclin, Dwayne Bowe, Malcom Floyd, Sydney Rice...

What yall think? I'm kinda feeling its a good trade for the future....

Also have another proposal

Tom Brady and Reggie Bush for Mathew Stafford and Roddy White

I have Demayrius Thomas and Torrey Smith, both did pretty good for me last week. This week I have a non-suspended Kenny Britt but I'm worried about how prepared he is and how healthy he is. What do you guys think?

I need to start 2 WRs and 1 RB/WR of this group: Vincent Jackson vs Giants, Reggie Wayne vs Vikings, Shonn Greene vs Steelers, DeAngelo Williams vs Saints, Torrey Smith vs Eagles, or Ben Tate vs the Jaguars.

I need to start 2 WRs and 1 RB/WR of this group: Vincent Jackson vs Giants, Reggie Wayne vs Vikings, Shonn Greene vs Steelers, DeAngelo Williams vs Saints, Torrey Smith vs Eagles, or Ben Tate vs the Jaguars.

Im starting wayne this week he will have a big game against the vikes, their secondary is really bad. And i would start Torrey Smith over Jackson.... for my RB i would start Greene

I have Demayrius Thomas and Torrey Smith, both did pretty good for me last week. This week I have a non-suspended Kenny Britt but I'm worried about how prepared he is and how healthy he is. What do you guys think?

Kenny Britt always starts the seasons out really strong, i would start him over Torrey Smith but its a risk....

I have one utility spot open, and have it narrowed down to:

- Steven Jackson (Washington)
- Eric Decker (Atlanta)
- Darren Sproles (Carolina)

The roster that I have locked in so far is:

QB - Romo
HB1 - Foster
HB2 - Jones-Drew
WR1 - Steve Johnson
WR2- Bowe
TE - Jimmy Graham

Back