Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

The "Who should I start" thread

Ok, here's a good one on who to start - Schaub or Hasselback?

Tough choice. Given their pass defenses, they appear to be nearly equal, and both QBs have not been consistent in their production. I'd actually go with Hasselback on this one, just because he's coming off a bye week and is at home. Schaub often gets rattled in away games, so he's more likely to have a down week, especially without AJ.

My conundrum for the week:

Need 2 WRs, 2 RBs and 1 Flex:

Marques Colston vs Ind
Roddy White @Det
Vincent Jackson @NYJ

Ray Rice @Jac
Michael Turner @Det
Marshawn Lynch @ Cle

At this point, I'm sitting VJax.

Marques Colston vs Ind
Roddy White @Det
Vincent Jackson @NYJ

Ray Rice @Jac
Michael Turner @Det
Marshawn Lynch @ Cle

Colston and White for WRs
Rice and Turner for RBs
Lynch as Flex unless you got someone else to flex

What is the rest of your roster?

Colston and White for WRs
Rice and Turner for RBs
Lynch as Flex unless you got someone else to flex

What is the rest of your roster?

Rest of the roster is on bye/injured, Fred Jackson, Blount. QBs are Matt Ryan, Andy Dalton and Curtis Painter. Greg Olsen is my TE. Carrying the Pittsburgh and Tenn defenses.

A few of my own. First at QB:

Joe Flacco @ Jac

Matt Ryan @ Det

Carson Palmer vs. KC

And at RB:

Daniel Thomas vs. Den

Ryan Torain @ Car

I'm thinking of going with Flacco & Thomas but would like other opinions?

Joe Flacco @ Jac

Matt Ryan @ Det

Carson Palmer vs. KC

And at RB:

Daniel Thomas vs. Den

Ryan Torain @ Car

Flacco for sure. No reason to risk it on Ryan against Detroit, since the Lions have good QB pressure, which has ruined the Falcons this year.

If Torain gets the start, I would go with him as the Denver run D is awful. If not, you have to go with Thomas.

Joe Flacco @ Jac

Matt Ryan @ Det

Carson Palmer vs. KC

And at RB:

Daniel Thomas vs. Den

Ryan Torain @ Car

Flacco definitely.

Umm, reading news on Bush might be limited or out, I would go with Thomas. Not sure about Torain.

Flacco for sure. No reason to risk it on Ryan against Detroit, since the Lions have good QB pressure, which has ruined the Falcons this year.

If Torain gets the start, I would go with him as the Denver run D is awful. If not, you have to go with Thomas.

Thomas is the one playing Denver. So does that mean I should go with Thomas regardless if Torain starts or not?

Thomas is the one playing Denver. So does that mean I should go with Thomas regardless if Torain starts or not?

Oh sorry, got mixed up. Yeah, Thomas against Denver should be your best option, especially with John Beck starting for the Skins.

Marques Colston vs Ind
Roddy White @Det
Vincent Jackson @NYJ

Ray Rice @Jac
Michael Turner @Det
Marshawn Lynch @ Cle

Meh, I think the difference between VJax and Lynch might only be a point or two. You're already on the right path either way.

Marques Colston vs Ind
Roddy White @Det
Vincent Jackson @NYJ

Ray Rice @Jac
Michael Turner @Det
Marshawn Lynch @ Cle

Hope you didn't start Lynch. Just saw an injury report (during the game) that he has a lower back injury and is not in the game.

Hope you didn't start Lynch. Just saw an injury report (during the game) that he has a lower back injury and is not in the game.

Haha, yeah I did start Lynch. Although Vjax only has 1 catch for 15 yards in the first half, so it may not be a big deal after all.

Haha, yeah I did start Lynch. Although Vjax only has 1 catch for 15 yards in the first half, so it may not be a big deal after all.

Sorry man. They had the Seattle/Cleveland game on here in Austin and I saw that report during a Texans commercial.

This HAS to be the WORST fantasy football season ever! I'm in the Yahoo league where we have offense (w/ kickers and defense) as well as defensive players and my team just flat out stinks!

Peyton Manning out in the beginning, Mendenhall doing nothing and than going off when he was on the bench, Chris Johnson doing nothing, so on and so forth.

I made a mistake in trading Stafford away and getting Kolb who has done nothing himself. My QBs are now Palmer (who sucked) and Painter. :polevault:

Sorry man. They had the Seattle/Cleveland game on here in Austin and I saw that report during a Texans commercial.

It's ok, I'm up by 15 right now, with Ray Rice and Billy Cundiff to go after Colston is done. The opponent has Sproles and MJD, so I think I'm in good shape.

Check that, Colston just got another TD...

Tim Hightower's out for the season, Santana Moss out 5-7 weeks:

ASHBURN, Va. -- Washington Redskins running back Tim Hightower is out for the season with a torn ACL in his left knee, and receiver Santana Moss will miss 5-7 weeks with a broken bone in his left hand.

The Redskins have now lost five offensive starters to significant injuries in the last two games.

Hightower's knee buckled during a third-quarter run in Sunday's 33-20 loss to Carolina.

Moss was hurt in the first half of the game. He had surgery Monday.

Washington lost tight end Chris Cooley, left tackle Trent Williams and left guard Kory Lichtensteiger in the previous week's loss to Philadelphia. Lichtensteiger is out for the season with torn knee ligaments, Cooley is sidelined indefinitely with a broken finger, and Williams is week-to-week with a sprained ankle.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7143461/redskins-lose-tim-hightower-2011-santana-moss-5-7-weeks

It's ok, I'm up by 15 right now, with Ray Rice and Billy Cundiff to go after Colston is done. The opponent has Sproles and MJD, so I think I'm in good shape.

Check that, Colston just got another TD...

Did you still win this match? Rice played like ****, and Sproles did very well.

Did you still win this match? Rice played like ****, and Sproles did very well.

Yeah, Colston and Sproles cancelled out at 28 points a piece, Rice and Cundiff combined for 9 points and MJD got 10, so I won by 5 taking a 6-1 record for sole possession of first place by two games :D

This week I'll drop Lynch and pick up either Murray (not likely) or Jake Ballard (possible). I need a TE for week 9 anyways, so Ballard can fill in then and be my flex this week. Hopefully I get him. Also trying to grab the Buffalo defense in place of the Titans D.

I hate that one of my leagues only has one RB position then the RB/WR position. I have Ray Rice as my top RB along with Darren Sproles and Frank Gore. Both are going against weak opponents so it's hard to decide who to start. Leaning towards Gore.

I may just try and trade Ray Rice for a better QB than I have. The league is edited so that it's 1 point for every 10 passing yards than the usual 25, so QB's usually have a lot of points. Ryan Fitzpatrick is the guy I usually go with.

Conundrum of the day:

Start 2:

Dez Bryant @PHI
Marques Colston @STL
AJ Green @SEA

Leaning Colston and Green but Bryant has been pretty money this season as well.

Bryant obviously. Has the highest ceiling.

Green has been more consistent.

Edit: Just saw this was 5 days ago...

Need to start 3 players from this list:

Jackson,DeSean PHI
Starks,James GB
Nelson,David BUF
Rice,Sidney SEA
Colston,Marques NO
Jackson,Steven STL

Need to start 3 players from this list:

Jackson,DeSean PHI
Starks,James GB
Nelson,David BUF
Rice,Sidney SEA
Colston,Marques NO
Jackson,Steven STL

Jackson, Jackson and Rice (If Healthy)

Nelson has bad matchup vs. NYJ.
Colston has bad matchup vs. Bucs.
Starks isnt getting enough carries or yards to be a viable option.

DJ Ware or James Jones???

I'd start James Jones. Don't know how many carries Ware will get even with Bradshaw out. Brandon Jacobs will become the #1 back and probably get most of them.

Trying to choose between Ryan Fitzpatrick or Matt Cassel. Fitz has a chest injury and is going up against the Jets D. Cassel hasn't been spectacular this year, but he's facing the Dolphins. Leaning Cassel.

Lol... I have Vincent Jackson and Willis McGahee on my bench right now. In fact, my bench is outscoring my starters at the moment. Down 103 to 95 going into tonight. I still have Ray Rice and Billy Cundiff, other guy has had all of his guys finish. I got this...

Well, talk about a wealth of talent. I have some trade proposals out to drain my bench for better players like Steve Smith and AJ Green. Dunno if anything will happen, but in any case having all these great players makes it tough to pick the right ones to start... :)

Pick 2:
Roddy White vs NO
Vincent Jackson vs Oak
Marques Colston @ Atl

Pick 3:
Ray Rice @ Seattle
Fred Jackson @ Dallas
Michael Turner vs NO
Willis MacGahee @ KC
L Blount vs Texans

I have to choose between Brandon Lloyd, Victor Cruz, and Steve Johnson for my 2nd WR spot (I have Calvin Johnson). I'm leaning Cruz because Manningham could be out for the Giants. Johnson had a good game last week though going up against Revis and the Cowboys secondary isn't nearly as good as the Jets.

What do you guys think?

With Fred Jackson going down, i have to find a new flex option. I have Donald Brown vs Car, CJ Spiller vs Jets, or Ben Tate vs Jaguars. Who would you guys choose?

With Fred Jackson going down, i have to find a new flex option. I have Donald Brown vs Car, CJ Spiller vs Jets, or Ben Tate vs Jaguars. Who would you guys choose?

I think both Ben Tate & Arian foster have a good chance to go over 100 yards + a score, that's the way I would go.

It's between Tate & Spiller and I'm leaning toward Spiller for the simple fact that's he's starting.

so because of the schaub injury im stuck between flaco and alex smith... kinda on the fence on who to start this week

flaco against IND
smith against ARZ

?

Non-PPR

SJAX @ SEA
Felix Jones vs. NYG
Ben Tate @ CIN
Ricky Williams vs. IND

Non-PPR
Danarius Moore @ GB
James Jones vs. OAK

Non-PPR

SJAX @ SEA
Felix Jones vs. NYG
Ben Tate @ CIN
Ricky Williams vs. IND

Non-PPR
Danarius Moore @ GB
James Jones vs. OAK

Sjax & Moore IMO

so because of the schaub injury im stuck between flaco and alex smith... kinda on the fence on who to start this week

flaco against IND
smith against ARZ

?

Flacco, Indy has a terrible defense. Arizona sometimes shows up and plays, look at their game against the Cowboys last week.

Non-PPR. These guys are killing me. I bench one and the other one goes off.

Jermichael Finley vs. Oakland or Aaron Hernandez vs. Washington?

Back