Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

The "Who should I start" thread

Wondering if I should keep starting Frank Gore. I have Sproles as my backup running back so may start him this week instead.

Also, does anyone use ESPN Fantasy football? They have this stupid setting where you can't drop certain players and it can't be changed if you're in a standard FF league. It sucks because I wanted to drop Gore and pick up Daniel Thomas but can't because of that setting.

Tell your league manager. He can do it for you.

Also, I'd hold onto Gore. Don't give up on him yet. He looks like he is having trouble coming back from the hip injury, but I think he will turn it around.

Tell your league manager. He can do it for you.

Also, I'd hold onto Gore. Don't give up on him yet. He looks like he is having trouble coming back from the hip injury, but I think he will turn it around.

I asked him.

We can only have 3 running backs on our roster and I have Gore, Ray Rice, and Darren Sproles. I'll give Gore a week or two more...maybe.

Wondering if I should keep starting Frank Gore. I have Sproles as my backup running back so may start him this week instead.

Also, does anyone use ESPN Fantasy football? They have this stupid setting where you can't drop certain players and it can't be changed if you're in a standard FF league. It sucks because I wanted to drop Gore and pick up Daniel Thomas but can't because of that setting.

EDIT: Realized it's a LM league so the setting can be changed if the league manager decides to. I still think it's a stupid rule.

I would start Sproles until Gore showed me something. I have Gore in my money league and I haven't started him once, and I have horrible running backs in that league.

Fitzpatrick @ CIN
Rivers vs MIA

Rivers has been a beast for a long time but he has a issue with his sternum and I'm thinking it's time to put in the hot hand. What do ya'll think?

Fitzpatrick @ CIN
Rivers vs MIA

Rivers has been a beast for a long time but he has a issue with his sternum and I'm thinking it's time to put in the hot hand. What do ya'll think?

Rivers looked fine week 1 & 2. Last week was an aberration in my opinion. I'd still start Rivers.

Fitzpatrick @ CIN
Rivers vs MIA

Definitely Rivers. Miami's pass defense is horrible. Cincy's D actually isn't as bad as I thought they would be by now.

Choose two:

Stephen Jackson vs WAS (limited practice)
Willis McGahee @ GB
LeGarette Blount vs IND
Joseph Addai @ TB

Was thinking Blount and Addai but meh.

Choose 1:

Robert Meachem @ JAX
Marques Colston @ JAX
Dez Bryant vs DET
AJ Green vs BUF

Last edited:
Choose two:

Willis McGahee @ GB
LeGarette Blount vs IND
Joseph Addai @ TB

Blount for sure. I have Jackson myself, but will probably sit him. Just picked up San Francisco RB Kendall Hunter with Gore doubtful.

Fitzpatrick is on fire, while San Diego (Rivers) are in disarray.

Through 3 games, Cincy has the 3rd best defense overall, and Miami has the third worst defense overall. Cincy 5th best passing D, Miami 29th best. I'd play the matchup and take Rivers @ home over Fitzy @ Cincy. I love playing the matchups myself :)

Choose two:

Willis McGahee @ GB
LeGarette Blount vs IND
Joseph Addai @ TB

Choose 1:

Robert Meachem @ JAX
Marques Colston @ JAX
Dez Bryant vs DET
AJ Green vs BUF

I'd go with Blount for sure, and Jackson if he's healthy. Otherwise McGahee over Addai IMO.

Is Colston even playing? I thought he was out another 2 weeks. In any case, I'd go with Meachum and Green over Bryant. Bills D has looked bad so far, but not great against the pass. Detroit has a better pass defense, likely due to all the pressure from the front 7. I expect them to roll over the Cowboys and knock Romo out of the game :)

Through 3 games, Cincy has the 3rd best defense overall, and Miami has the third worst defense overall. Cincy 5th best passing D, Miami 29th best. I'd play the matchup and take Rivers @ home over Fitzy @ Cincy. I love playing the matchups myself :)

Miami has played NE, Hou, and Cle
Cincinnati has played Denver, SF, and Cle.

I don't know how much weight I can put into the Bengals 5th ranked passing defense considering who they have played.

So do you guys still think I should start Flacco instead of Roesthlisberger?

Should have started Vincent Jackson! Damn! Dez Bryant got me some points though, so it's not all bad.

I started Tate over Beanie Wells because I thought Wells would sit again. Of course Wells goes off. However, I still won due to a large showing by Jordy Nelson, Drew Brees, Ray Rice, and Julio Jones, and Jimmy Graham. Currently 4-0 in my league.

Ok i need 2 WRs this week because Andre is hurt and Brandon Marshall is on a bye.

Mike Williams(been incredibly dissapointing so far) vs SF
Chad Ochocinco(lol yeah right) vs. NYJ
Dexter McCluster(has WR eligibility in Yahoo leagues) vs. IND
Lance Moore vs. CAR

Ok i need 2 WRs this week because Andre is hurt and Brandon Marshall is on a bye.

Mike Williams(been incredibly dissapointing so far) vs SF
Chad Ochocinco(lol yeah right) vs. NYJ
Dexter McCluster(has WR eligibility in Yahoo leagues) vs. IND
Lance Moore vs. CAR

I think Williams and Moore are your best bet. McCluster vs Indy is tempting though.

Yeah man, Rivers is a top 5 NFL QB. You start him every week no questions asked IMO.

I love Rivers, I've had him on my teams for years but it's tough to keep starting him when he is currently sitting right behind Tarvaris Jackson and Alex Smith in fantasy points.

He has 5 TD's and 6 INT's right now and that's against an extremely soft pass defense schedule. The teams he has played rank 17th, 28th, 30th, and 32 defending the pass.

I'm giving him the nod this week but I'm starting to wonder if something is wrong with Philip Rivers.

I love Rivers, I've had him on my teams for years but it's tough to keep starting him when he is currently sitting right behind Tarvaris Jackson and Alex Smith in fantasy points.

He has 5 TD's and 6 INT's right now and that's against an extremely soft pass defense schedule. The teams he has played rank 17th, 28th, 30th, and 32 defending the pass.

I'm giving him the nod this week but I'm starting to wonder if something is wrong with Philip Rivers.

Interesting. He has scored 23, 24, 6, and 21 points in my fantasy league. Not typical Rivers numbers, but still upper tier fantasy numbers, especially if he hadn't had such a piss poor game in week 3. I agree that his TD to INT ratio isn't what you'd typically expect out of Rivers, but I certainly wouldn't hesitate starting him when he has put up 20+ points in 3 out of 4 weeks.

Curious who I should start though. I need to pick a starter at the flex as well as WR2. Lesean McCoy and Run-DMC are locks at RB 1 & 2 and Fitz is a lock at WR1.

So here are my options for the flex and WR2:

J-Stewart vs NO
Michael Bush @ HOU (already starting McFadden so I'm leaning towards no with him)
Eric Decker vs SD
Jordy Nelson @ ATL

I could also potentially drop Aaron Hernandez (as I am feeling pretty good about OD) and sign one of Jacoby Jones, Victor Cruz, David Nelson, or Pierre Garcon.

Thoughts? Thanks!!!

Curious who I should start though. I need to pick a starter at the flex as well as WR2. Lesean McCoy and Run-DMC are locks at RB 1 & 2 and Fitz is a lock at WR1.

J-Stewart vs NO
Michael Bush @ HOU (already starting McFadden so I'm leaning towards no with him)
Eric Decker vs SD
Jordy Nelson @ ATL

I could also potentially drop Aaron Hernandez (as I am feeling pretty good about OD) and sign one of Jacoby Jones, Victor Cruz, David Nelson, or Pierre Garcon.

Thoughts? Thanks!!!

Um... Any suggestions?

J-Stewart vs NO
Eric Decker vs SD
Jordy Nelson @ ATL

Thoughts? Thanks!!!

I would go J-Stewart and Jordy Nelson...Stewart is being more productive fantasy wise than DeAngelo (plus he is their receiving back); Jordy Nelson is solid but the Pack have plenty of weapons.

I'm kinda in the same boat b/c my lineup is decimated by the bye week...my choices at flex are: Nate Washington (Titans #1 receiver against the best pass defense), J-Stewart (dual threat esp if Panthers get down early and they go str8 to passing) or Thomas Jones (vs a weak run D)...what ya think

I would go J-Stewart and Jordy Nelson...Stewart is being more productive fantasy wise than DeAngelo (plus he is their receiving back); Jordy Nelson is solid but the Pack have plenty of weapons.

I'm kinda in the same boat b/c my lineup is decimated by the bye week...my choices at flex are: Nate Washington (Titans #1 receiver against the best pass defense), J-Stewart (dual threat esp if Panthers get down early and they go str8 to passing) or Thomas Jones (vs a weak run D)...what ya think

Thanks! I'm a little confused though. You say Stewart and Nelson, but then say the Pack have plenty of weapons. Still think I should start Nelson or should I start Decker?

For you, it's no question IMO. Definitely start Nate and J-Stew.

And yes, bye weeks suck for fantasy!

Welp, Matt Ryan is killing me. My backup QB is Andy Dalton, who actually did better this week, but only by 5 points. This sucks, lost my first game today by 8 points. Had I started the Bills Defense, I would have won... :(

Interesting. He has scored 23, 24, 6, and 21 points in my fantasy league. Not typical Rivers numbers, but still upper tier fantasy numbers, especially if he hadn't had such a piss poor game in week 3. I agree that his TD to INT ratio isn't what you'd typically expect out of Rivers, but I certainly wouldn't hesitate starting him when he has put up 20+ points in 3 out of 4 weeks.

I only get a point per 50 yards passing and no 300 yard bonus so TDs are a lot more important in my setting but yeah I'm gonna keep rolling with Rivers.

Um... Any suggestions?

Sorry man didn't see it in time.

Here's a conundrum for you:

Owen Daniels @BAL
or
Vernon Davis vsDET?

Detroit has actually let TE's score on them somewhat this year, and I don't know what to think of Baltimore, or Joel Dreesen having a 100 yard game while Owen Daniels is perfectly healthy.

Also I have 3 RB's and 2 spots. I have no idea:

LeGarrett Blount vsNO
Joseph Addai @CIN
Stephen Jackson @GB

Probably should wait and see if Addai and Blount are even playing in their game, but the best RB left on the waiver wire is Kendall Hunter, then Isaac Redman, then Ryan Torain.

Here's a conundrum for you:

Owen Daniels @BAL
or
Vernon Davis vsDET?

Detroit has actually let TE's score on them somewhat this year, and I don't know what to think of Baltimore, or Joel Dreesen having a 100 yard game while Owen Daniels is perfectly healthy.

Also I have 3 RB's and 2 spots. I have no idea:

LeGarrett Blount vsNO
Joseph Addai @CIN
Stephen Jackson @GB

Probably should wait and see if Addai and Blount are even playing in their game, but the best RB left on the waiver wire is Kendall Hunter, then Isaac Redman, then Ryan Torain.

Not a bad deal with the TE's, but I would go with VD on this one. More likely to get points given the matchup for the Texans. Either one should be fine though, just a matter of betting on who will get the ball more.

I hear Blount is doubtful, Addai probably isn't worth it. If SJax is back, I think he may be OK. If it comes to picking off the wire, I would go with Torrain as I think he has the most upside of the bunch.

Not a bad deal with the TE's, but I would go with VD on this one. More likely to get points given the matchup for the Texans. Either one should be fine though, just a matter of betting on who will get the ball more.

I hear Blount is doubtful, Addai probably isn't worth it. If SJax is back, I think he may be OK. If it comes to picking off the wire, I would go with Torrain as I think he has the most upside of the bunch.

I agree 100%. Dont be surprised if you pick wrong on the TE's but its not a bad problem to have. Torrain looks like the starter "for now". Addai, is he even starting? Blount I hear is injured. Plan on being without both those guys. go with Jackson and Torrain.

Or grab Blount and Addai's backup as they will get the bulk of the load. But Washington is playing the Eagles and they plan old suck on defense. Yeah they have nice corners, but who are their linebackers? And their Dline?

My QBs have been terrible in this league and it cost me my first game this week. So, I'm stuck with some mediocre QBs to pick from:

Andy Dalton against Indy
Matt Ryan against Carolina

Or on the wire I can get:
Curtis Painter @ Cincy

Any thoughts? I'm leaning towards Dalton this week. Ryan has been killing me.

My QBs have been terrible in this league and it cost me my first game this week. So, I'm stuck with some mediocre QBs to pick from:

Andy Dalton against Indy
Matt Ryan against Carolina

Or on the wire I can get:
Curtis Painter @ Cincy

Any thoughts? I'm leaning towards Dalton this week. Ryan has been killing me.

I would grab Painter. I did in one league that I am light at QB. He has scored 17 and 19 points. He seems to know the system and has 614 yards with 4TD's 0 INT's.

I also like Tebow. I know he is on a bye, but if he runs in a TD each week he might have some upside to him ala Cam Newton. Matt Ryan has been a total bust this year. I would consider dropping him. Its not like he is missing any weapons. They added Jones and he has just been awful.

Basically I would drop Ryan before I dropped Dalton. Dalton and AJ green seem to have a love connection going on.

I would grab Painter. I did in one league that I am light at QB. He has scored 17 and 19 points. He seems to know the system and has 614 yards with 4TD's 0 INT's.

I also like Tebow. I know he is on a bye, but if he runs in a TD each week he might have some upside to him ala Cam Newton. Matt Ryan has been a total bust this year. I would consider dropping him. Its not like he is missing any weapons. They added Jones and he has just been awful.

Basically I would drop Ryan before I dropped Dalton. Dalton and AJ green seem to have a love connection going on.

I'm still holding on to Reggie Bush for some reason, so I could drop him for Painter. Cincy seems to have a good defense, so I would probably want to start Dalton this week anyways. But Dalton's bye is week 7, and Painter plays @NO that week and Ryan is @Det.

I dunno, I hate having guys like this where neither is really a good option. I may just have to stash Painter anyways. Tebow is off the wire btw.

I have a feeling Torain is going to go off this week against Philly but I'm sure it's not worth benching Fred Jackson, Michael Turner or Matt Forte for?

Also who should I go with at QB:

Matt Ryan vs. Carolina

Joe Flacco vs. Houston

Alex Smith @ Detroit ?

I can't decide between Frank Gore or Darren Sproles. Sproles has been solid all season long but it looks like Gore may finally be turning it around with two straight 100+ games. Leaning towards Sproles since he's been consistent.

I'm still holding on to Reggie Bush for some reason, so I could drop him for Painter. Cincy seems to have a good defense, so I would probably want to start Dalton this week anyways. But Dalton's bye is week 7, and Painter plays @NO that week and Ryan is @Det.

I dunno, I hate having guys like this where neither is really a good option. I may just have to stash Painter anyways. Tebow is off the wire btw.

If its a PPR Reggie Bush still has some potential value. If it is not then I would drop Bush. I think Painter and Dalton are = plays this week. Since its in Cincy the edge might go to Dalton.

I have a feeling Torain is going to go off this week against Philly but I'm sure it's not worth benching Fred Jackson, Michael Turner or Matt Forte for?

Also who should I go with at QB:

Matt Ryan vs. Carolina

Joe Flacco vs. Houston

Alex Smith @ Detroit ?

Jackson and Forte are must starts. You could make the case for both Turner or Torain. If you have a good feeling about Torain then go with it.

I would stay away from Ryan. What has he done to make you think he will do well this week? Alex Smith is on the road against a good defense. Joe Flacco makes the most sense. He is at home. Texans lost Williams. They have a good running game to keep our D honest. I think the play is Joe Flacco.

I can't decide between Frank Gore or Darren Sproles. Sproles has been solid all season long but it looks like Gore may finally be turning it around with two straight 100+ games. Leaning towards Sproles since he's been consistent.

Gore is the feature back. Sproles while solid, is part of a 3 headed attack limiting his touches and goal line carries. Gore had 22 touches last week and that should continue. Go with Gore.

If its a PPR Reggie Bush still has some potential value. If it is not then I would drop Bush. I think Painter and Dalton are = plays this week. Since its in Cincy the edge might go to Dalton.

It's PPR, but my running backs are Ray Rice, Fred Jackson, Michael Turner and Marshawn Lynch on the bench. I can afford to drop Reggie to stash Painter. Then I can just play the QB matchups each week.

One guy in our league is holding on to Newton, Romo and Colt McCoy, but I don't want to bother trading with him. I was hoping he would drop one of those guys.

OK, I dropped Bush for Painter. Still hanging on to Matt Ryan as well. I looked at my RB situation, and I only need 1 RB to fill in for Turner and Jackson in weeks 7 and 8. Lynch plays Cleveland and Cincy those weeks, which ought to work out nicely. Now that Henne is out for the season, I don't think Miami will have anyone worth much in fantasy going forward. Bush wasn't doing much anyways.

OK, I dropped Bush for Painter. Still hanging on to Matt Ryan as well. I looked at my RB situation, and I only need 1 RB to fill in for Turner and Jackson in weeks 7 and 8. Lynch plays Cleveland and Cincy those weeks, which ought to work out nicely. Now that Henne is out for the season, I don't think Miami will have anyone worth much in fantasy going forward. Bush wasn't doing much anyways.

Yeah i'm trying to trade Brandon Marshall for scraps right now. I don't see him doing much the rest of the year.

Yeah i'm trying to trade Brandon Marshall for scraps right now. I don't see him doing much the rest of the year.

Just imagine being a Broncos fan who had Cutler, Marshall and Hillis, and now have garbage.

I think Marshalls value has gone down since Henne got injured, but who knows, maybe the new QB will throw to Marshall often.

So I'm about to be 5-1 in my big money league, but this week a few interesting drops were made. Someone dropped Lagarette Blount, I'm guessing due to injury, and another guy dropped Mike Tolbert. My team is pretty solid at RB with Fred Jackson, Ray Rice, Michael Turner and Marshawn Lynch as the fill-in, but I'm always looking to get better and prevent other teams from getting better. I'm going to try to grab one of them and drop Robert Meechem who I no longer need now that Colston is back to 100%. But who's the better pickup, Blount or Tolbert?

Blount is a starter. But if Matthews gets hurt Tolbert would be a nice play if healthy.

They are both bleh IMO.

Blount is a starter. But if Matthews gets hurt Tolbert would be a nice play if healthy.

They are both bleh IMO.

Well, Meachem isn't going to do anything for me now that Colston is back, so I'm just looking to pad my bench. The #2 team has Ryan Matthews as his #1 back, so I'm thinking it would be a good strategic move to grab Tolbert to sabotage his team if Matthews goes down. Either way, these guys won't be starting for me unless one of my 3 RBs misses a game.

Info on Blount's injury:

LeGarrette Blount is optimistically listed as doubtful to play in week six because of his knee injury. And the exact nature of that knee injury will probably keep him sidelined through the Buccaneers' bye in week eight. Sources of out Tampa reported on Thursday that Blount has a torn MCL. Such injuries usually keep players out of action for two-to-six weeks. The initial reaction has been that the team will hold Blount out through the bye and that he won't play again until week nine versus the New Orleans Saints.
http://www.fftoolbox.com/football/nfl_news.cfm?news_id=3471

Looks like he's a 'wait-and-see' guy. I'll put in a request for Tolbert first, then Blount. I don't need the bench spots for anything else anyways.

Bengals are 6th vs the run after week 7. They have a good defense. Now the good news....the Browns are, well...the Browns.

Info on Blount's injury:

http://www.fftoolbox.com/football/nfl_news.cfm?news_id=3471

Looks like he's a 'wait-and-see' guy. I'll put in a request for Tolbert first, then Blount. I don't need the bench spots for anything else anyways.

I personally would like to have blount more even if hes out till week 9. you have enough rbs to hold onto blount. can't really go wrong though.

Here are the playoff matchups (wks 14, 15, 16)
Tolbert: buf, balt, @det
Blount: @jax, dallas, @carolina

Tolbert has the better matchup in wk 14, but not a good one in 15.

I personally would like to have blount more even if hes out till week 9. you have enough rbs to hold onto blount. can't really go wrong though.

Here are the playoff matchups (wks 14, 15, 16)
Tolbert: buf, balt, @det
Blount: @jax, dallas, @carolina

Tolbert has the better matchup in wk 14, but not a good one in 15.

Good point. Playoffs week 15/16 in this league, so Blount may be a tempting option those days.

Back