Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

The Texanstalk Team on GLB (MMO RPG)

I have been reading the draft threads off and on today. It is just too much for me to handle, every time I read through a page 3 more pages have been added. Not to mention every single post is basically the same thing, either blasting the pick or backing it up.

I think I will stay here until the Rockets game. Maybe go look through some stats on GLB.

Did anybody see what Carolina did to Phoenix? 63-0. Carolina has a good squad. Phoenix has a really bad one.

If you can't tell, I'm the Teh Kyou guy in the forum that keeps making that joke. When I was watching the replays thats what was going through my head.
:spit: <-- Me

I didn't even realize we had our own sub-forum over their until I read your post and checked it out. I guess I have a lot of catching up to do over there.

I'm late checking in, but it looks like our offensive line kicked ass. That is going to be key to our performance. Good job everyone!!

Our QB has to be quicker to hand that ball off. The RB just gets out of there too quick :D

I think my speed is probably good for a while.

Oh, and that fullback needs to block and get the hell outta the way!!

The whole right side of the line did a great job on that middle play. And yeah, I said it earlier, your FB needs more speed to be YOUR lead blocker lol.

i've gotta say eriadoc, truck got my vote for MVP during our game ... but you've GOTTA stick your training and all 5 points of the next level into speed. with the guys behind you, your movements need to be much higher. if you can get out and keep infront of the backs, along with your blocking and power rushing abilities ... truck will have locked up my top FB in all of USA BBB award.

seriously he's about perfect, but all that blocking goes to waste when our 47 speed runningback beats our 8 speed fullback to the line of scrimmage. you're going to block, you're going to break tackles ... we need straight line speed at the second level to slow up linebackers. and we need speedy to work on his stamina, vision, & strength to stay on the field behind ya.

Smelly Block has something to say about the best FB in the BBB award.

Strength: 28 Blocking: 27
Speed: 18.12 Tackling: 11.2
Agility: 16 Throwing: 10
Jumping: 9 Catching: 11.2
Stamina: 21.2 Carrying: 16
Vision: 20.2 Kicking: 8
Confidence: 11.2 Punting: 7

*He's waiting on his custom equipment which will boost his blocking and strength to 30*

i've gotta say eriadoc, truck got my vote for MVP during our game ... but you've GOTTA stick your training and all 5 points of the next level into speed. with the guys behind you, your movements need to be much higher. if you can get out and keep infront of the backs, along with your blocking and power rushing abilities ... truck will have locked up my top FB in all of USA BBB award.

seriously he's about perfect, but all that blocking goes to waste when our 47 speed runningback beats our 8 speed fullback to the line of scrimmage. you're going to block, you're going to break tackles ... we need straight line speed at the second level to slow up linebackers. and we need speedy to work on his stamina, vision, & strength to stay on the field behind ya.

Yeah, I am approaching that from two directions. First, I am working on speed with Truck, especially since he's getting a few carries. Second, I am working on Vision with Wheels, as I hope that will help him set up blocks before he takes off.

My first couple players in season one were more balanced in attributes, and I found that the players who specialized in just a couple attributes did better in the short term, and they built up their deficient attributes through training and leveling. So that's the approach I decided upon with the backs. They'll only get better as the season wears on.

you've got a pair of studs, there's no doubt. speedy and truck are going to be reason 1 and 2 for us making the playoffs. they have to work together though and they have to stay on the field. truck is being overrun before he even makes the line of scrimmage. everything for the next two levels, including training, needs to go towards speed considering who he's blocking for. watch the replays, truck's barely blocking the quarterback while if he were part of the attack would be putting speedy at one to beat on several plays.

speedy is maxed. we need him on the field for more plays. stamina and strength need to get involved in the mix.

you've got a pair of studs, there's no doubt. speedy and truck are going to be reason 1 and 2 for us making the playoffs. they have to work together though and they have to stay on the field. truck is being overrun before he even makes the line of scrimmage. everything for the next two levels, including training, needs to go towards speed considering who he's blocking for. watch the replays, truck's barely blocking the quarterback while if he were part of the attack would be putting speedy at one to beat on several plays.

speedy is maxed. we need him on the field for more plays. stamina and strength need to get involved in the mix.

How about putting speedy in to return kicks and punts?

we'd love to see speedy returning kicks, but we have to keep him on the field at runningback first. special teams is something that we're going to work on for this next game. depending on the feedback in the stamina post on our forum, i'd love to add human players and higher level CPU's to the special teams which would also add to stats. stats dont affect level points, but they obviously look good and as i told hardcore in our special teams discussions, those few yards either way can make a big difference kicking fieldgoals. we absolutely need Speedy to increase his stamina though. we're going to drop substitution levels but we need all starters at 20 stamina or more. i'm going to watch our kick returns and a few other teams' tomorrow because with any luck we can break one off with enough blocking.

i'm not the offensive coordinator, but IMO our primary concern right now is maximizing our rushing attack. vision, strength and stamina for speedy, and all speed for truck.

read the strategy forums folks. EVERYONE should be set to "normal - play intensity". i'll say it again, mind your player ... team strategy is a minority - you control how good your player is in the system. TRAINING INTENSITY should be whatever keeps you at 100&#37; energy for the next game, and for right now everyone should be at NORMAL - PLAY INTENSITY.

it takes 1 minute to make an impact, and no time at all to screw the deal for everyone. for example - if we're throwing everyone at run defense and your linebacker is set to pass defense, the TEAM is in trouble. if we're in a tight man coverage and safe tackling (as now) and your cornerback is trying to force fumbles and jumping interceptions, we're going to give up 50+ yard touchdowns, if we're at 70% rushing and you're pass blocking we're going to see plenty of fumbles. this is why we wanted a TT.com team. trust, fun, gaming, and football fanatics. this is us, this is OUR team. we'll post here and there so as not to inconvenience anyone and keep everyone involved.

we'd love to see speedy returning kicks, but we have to keep him on the field at runningback first. special teams is something that we're going to work on for this next game. depending on the feedback in the stamina post on our forum, i'd love to add human players and higher level CPU's to the special teams which would also add to stats. stats dont affect level points, but they obviously look good and as i told hardcore in our special teams discussions, those few yards either way can make a big difference kicking fieldgoals. we absolutely need Speedy to increase his stamina though. we're going to drop substitution levels but we need all starters at 20 stamina or more. i'm going to watch our kick returns and a few other teams' tomorrow because with any luck we can break one off with enough blocking.

i'm not the offensive coordinator, but IMO our primary concern right now is maximizing our rushing attack. vision, strength and stamina for speedy, and all speed for truck.

read the strategy forums folks. EVERYONE should be set to "normal - play intensity". i'll say it again, mind your player ... team strategy is a minority - you control how good your player is in the system. TRAINING INTENSITY should be whatever keeps you at 100% energy for the next game, and for right now everyone should be at NORMAL - PLAY INTENSITY.

it takes 1 minute to make an impact, and no time at all to screw the deal for everyone. for example - if we're throwing everyone at run defense and your linebacker is set to pass defense, the TEAM is in trouble. if we're in a tight man coverage and safe tackling (as now) and your cornerback is trying to force fumbles and jumping interceptions, we're going to give up 50+ yard touchdowns, if we're at 70% rushing and you're pass blocking we're going to see plenty of fumbles. this is why we wanted a TT.com team. trust, fun, gaming, and football fanatics. this is us, this is OUR team. we'll post here and there so as not to inconvenience anyone and keep everyone involved.

Good post and I totally agree. The Team Forum at GLB is our friend. :)

Why are we dropping our substitution levels?

The reason our plays per person are askew is because our offense dominated TOP. Speedy has less plays then he should because he was set to hard instead of Normal. I think our stamina settings were fine its just we played ... too well.

read the strategy forums folks. EVERYONE should be set to "normal - play intensity". i'll say it again, mind your player ... team strategy is a minority - you control how good your player is in the system. TRAINING INTENSITY should be whatever keeps you at 100% energy for the next game, and for right now everyone should be at NORMAL - PLAY INTENSITY.

Hey Scooter, I sent a low offer to a LVL 1 CB that hasn't used any of his skill points yet. If he signs, I told him to contact you on the team forum on where to use his SP's. He already knows he will be a backup, so set him up like you want if he signs).

the reason to drop substitution levels is to eliminate CPU players and increase experience as well as our chance to win games. we'd much rather set training to relaxed and play more downs on normal than have cpu players screw the pooch on our hard work (see our next opponant's 63-0 win if you want CPU players). the goal is to maximize our potential, keep human players in the game as long as possible, and create the best tactics. again and again ... if player tactics match team tactics we can beat anyone. the team we're going against this week had their substitution levels at zero and they beat a crappy CPU team by an insane margin. we're going to take our talent, our depth, and our strategy to overpower their overconfidence and poor planning.

we cant adjust CPU tactics so unless CPU players are a very high level, they're a HUGE liability. this is the reason i asked for all players to report their energy status so that we can have caveman opening up holes for 60 plays instead of john doe cpu getting speedy caught for a loss while we sit and watch. every low level CPU player off of our team increases our talent and income.

will do vtech. after the last game and minor discussion, i wouldnt mind a few outside human players who are interested in special teams duties if you can find them. speed/tackling, or agility/blocking being top priorities.

will do vtech. after the last game and minor discussion, i wouldnt mind a few outside human players who are interested in special teams duties if you can find them. speed/tackling, or agility/blocking being top priorities.

with the outrageous contracts some of these idiots are giving out, it is really hard to get these players to accept what we're offering.

no doubt, i've seen it myself. there are a ton of level 1's asking for more than my level 9's on a pro league championship team makes. i feel bad about saying it, but i look forward to almost half of these new teams folding because owners threw billions at level 3 players.

IMO the person means more than the player. we could use a ton of depth, even if it's on special teams (which makes it's fair share of stats). we need a 7+ quarterback, but other than that i'd be very selective on who we accept. we've got the talent - i'd much much rather be a subtle team than a bell ringing "bring out your dead!" type team. the stamina changes arent as bad as i thought they'd be so we wont be in panic mode this season and until we put the numbers together might actually be strong as is. we can be selective - right now we're the second team in USA BBB3, and in less than 40 hours we'll be the top team. that will be our selling point. we dont need players just to play, we want to have players who fit the system (football fans, willing to work towards team goals as a backup or starter or special teamer or any combo, and able to boost, etc). similar to boss's post about a defensive end ... i dont want to see us settle or overpay for a player.

edit: as i said on the forums ... i celebrated with whiskey so some or all of tonight might be edited (so please dont quote me). i'll begin more research tomorrow.

no doubt, i've seen it myself. there are a ton of level 1's asking for more than my level 9's on a pro league championship team makes. i feel bad about saying it, but i look forward to almost half of these new teams folding because owners threw billions at level 3 players.

IMO the person means more than the player. we could use a ton of depth, even if it's on special teams (which makes it's fair share of stats). we need a 7+ quarterback, but other than that i'd be very selective on who we accept. we've got the talent - i'd much much rather be a subtle team than a bell ringing "bring out your dead!" type team. the stamina changes arent as bad as i thought they'd be so we wont be in panic mode this season and until we put the numbers together might actually be strong as is. we can be selective - right now we're the second team in USA BBB3, and in less than 40 hours we'll be the top team. that will be our selling point. we dont need players just to play, we want to have players who fit the system (football fans, willing to work towards team goals as a backup or starter or special teamer or any combo, and able to boost, etc). similar to boss's post about a defensive end ... i dont want to see us settle or overpay for a player.

If I go after a LVL 7 QB, he will want to be the starter, and that will push down our board members that own the other QB's. I thought we didn't want to do that.

I will talk to our QB and see if we can get him to boost, He is a cool guy and will probally boost. I will ask him to get with someone with more xp at QB to help him put the points in the correct catagories.

The problem is i will not talk to him till monday or tuesday night. I agree with Vtech, I would rather try to keep the players within the TT.com aura of influence.

I will talk to our QB and see if we can get him to boost, He is a cool guy and will probally boost. I will ask him to get with someone with more xp at QB to help him put the points in the correct catagories.

The problem is i will not talk to him till monday or tuesday night. I agree with Vtech, I would rather try to keep the players within the TT.com aura of influence.

I think we will be ok for now. If we start losing, then we can have him boost. I still think we will win most of our games as we are. The only one I really see a problem with is this next one, but it is only one game. It would be nice if we could boost the backup a little though. That way, we wouldn't have much drop off when the backup comes in.

I have just signed a backup OC and a backup OT...both are LVL 1 players. Along with the backup fullback I signed yesterday, we are getting close to filling out the team. Let's help them get better.

my appologies if i was a pain on either site, i was wholly hammered last night. and i rhyme when i'm hungover. :drunk: :francis:

my appologies if i was a pain on either site, i was wholly hammered last night. and i rhyme when i'm hungover. :drunk: :francis:

Hey guys, take a look at the roster and give me your opinion on what position we need the most. I can make another player and boost him to level 4. I'm thinking about creating a CB, but if you think we need another position more, I'll make that instead.

Hey guys, take a look at the roster and give me your opinion on what position we need the most. I can make another player and boost him to level 4. I'm thinking about creating a CB, but if you think we need another position more, I'll make that instead.

TRADDDEEE for my CB! XD

jk, don't wanna steal anyone's PT.

But jeezus, this owner doesn't even gameplan or anything. ;P

right now we've got the least amount of depth at guard and linebacker. if you go defense, i'd say linebacker or cornerback (you can never have enough of either one).

right now we've got the least amount of depth at guard and linebacker. if you go defense, i'd say linebacker or cornerback (you can never have enough of either one).

Bubbajwp has created a LVL 2 LB, and we have a contract offer out to him, so that will give us one more LB as soon as he accepts the contract.

Bubbajwp has created a LVL 2 LB, and we have a contract offer out to him, so that will give us one more LB as soon as he accepts the contract.

Bubbajwp has accepted his contract, so we really only need one more backup LB.

I got bored and decided to create a player. I created a FS, but I don't think you need one of those, but if you do, awesome.

Back