Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

The Rise of Hannah

1686949161696.png

I was able to catch up with a friend this week with connections to Kirby, and he confirmed the same thing.

Ride or Die Hannah has assumed control. . .to an extent.

In light of all the rumors and speculation regarding Hannah McNair and the "New" direction of our Houston Texans, I thought it beneficial to us as fans to have a thread where we can discuss and share info/insight into this emerging power within the Texans organization.

Double Barrel, I hope you don't mind I quoted you above from another topic. Is there any chance your connections can elaborate on Hannah's involvement in the organization?

Can any one else provide links and info into what exactly Hannas' background is regarding football? I find her very interesting and think that she can quite possibly become the savior this team has been starved for.

Let's discuss.

Texans Cal McNair embraces wife Hannah McNair’s growing influence with the organization (sportsbusinessjournal.com)

Cal McNair "welcomes the growing influence" his wife, Hannah, has in the organization’s decision-making process, according to John McClain

People familiar with the decision-making process said that Hannah "played an influential role in decisions like switching from McCown to Smith as well as Easterby’s firing." If she "sees something she believes should be changed, it usually is." Cal "trusts her and embraces her suggestions." Hannah said, “I don’t have an agenda when I speak with Cal (about Texans’ business). My only thing is to support him and speak the truth to him.

Can any one else provide links and info into what exactly Hannas' background is regarding football?
What was Bob McNair's football background before buying the rights for the Houston NFL franchise? Zip, nada, nothing. She's learning.

Hannah is an alpha. This organization has needed an alpha at the top since Bob passed. We saw what the Rasputins can do without leadership at the top. That's over. All Hannah really needs now is a master class on the NFL. How hard can that be? We have about a 1000 members here that consider themselves experts.

What was Bob McNair's football background before buying the rights for the Houston NFL franchise? Zip, nada, nothing. She's learning.

Hannah is an alpha. This organization has needed an alpha at the top since Bob passed. We saw what the Rasputins can do without leadership at the top. That's over. All Hannah really needs now is a master class on the NFL. How hard can that be? We have about a 1000 members here that consider themselves experts.

The problem with Hannah is that she treats this strictly like a marketing gig.

The fact that her "fan council" had an impact on draft picks is a prime example of what not to do.

If you are selling shoes or beer that isn't a terrible way to do business but when you are building an NFL roster ..... its a recipe for disaster.

The fact that her "fan council" had an impact on draft picks is a prime example of what not to do.

If you are selling shoes or beer that isn't a terrible way to do business but when you are building an NFL roster ..... its a recipe for disaster.
I don't think a fan council should have been necessary to determine this franchise needed cornerstone players. Nor realizing that DeMeco Ryans was the clear choice for head coach. How this organization was doing business in the past several years was "terrible". I don't care if it's focus groups or Ouija boards. Whatever way the Texans are making decisions now, it's working.

Are you freaking kidding me?? The whole entire existence of this franchise has been treated like a marketing gig. It's only now that it's starting to feel like a real football organization. Yet to be seen if that translates to the product on the field, but there is a WAY different feel to it than the past 21 years.

It also doesn't take a genius to figure out this team needed a franchise QB, simply because that's the way of the NFL world now. If you don't have a top tier QB, you don't win consistently in this league, period. Then there's the fact that they not only got who they obviously considered could be their top tier QB, they also got one of, if not THE highest rated player in the draft. Again, yet to be seen if any of that, including DeMeco, translates on the field.

While I'll agree that making decisions simply to generate excitement for an apathetic fanbase is usually asking for disaster, which is why I fear what the 2024 unis will look like, again, it didn't take a genuis to figure out their needs. I don't care if the parking lot attendant was consulted.

I don't think a fan council should have been necessary to determine this franchise needed cornerstone players. Nor realizing that DeMeco Ryans was the clear choice for head coach. How this organization was doing business in the past several years was "terrible". I don't care if it's focus groups or Ouija boards. Whatever way the Texans are making decisions now, it's working.
Is it working is TBD

She's done exactly what the media wanted her to do. Hire Ryans and draft Stroud, which is great for marketing and much better than what's been going on down on Kirby. Is it going to lead to a championship? Very doubtful.

(Thank you mods for joining the threads)

To the bolded - THAT is a scary thought! Imagine if some of the ideas floated around this board being elevated to the front office to steer the ship.

(Thank you mods for joining the threads)

To the bolded - THAT is a scary thought! Imagine if some of the ideas floated around this board being elevated to the front office to steer the ship.
They actually would've been better off listening to some on this MB.

Example: if Beerlover would have been listened too, Donald would be a Texan. If Corrosion had been listened to, Mahomes would be a Texan.

This is the difference between a marketing org with a football division and a team say like the Steelers.

Example: if Beerlover would have been listened too, Donald would be a Texan. If Corrosion had been listened to, Mahomes would be a Texan.

This is the difference between a marketing org with a football division and a team say like the Steelers.
If my offer to buy the team on a payment plan had been listened to and accepted by Janice..
Sauce Gardner would be ours.

Woulda coulda didn’t happen.

Since I cant name this thread due to language Calling the thread Cuck or whipped and let y'all guess what the 1st word is, would be this be an appropriate title?

She might be the best thing that happened to the Texans.
I heard an interview with her and Cal on 610. One of the hosts made a comment about no one leaked their draft plans. She said something along the lines of "We've been working on that. This place use to leak like Swiss cheese". That cracked me up.

If she had a role in recognizing Easterby's negative influence on the franchise and getting rid of him, she already did one of the best things for this franchise.

Last edited:
They have. The Texans drafted Stroud.

I don't disagree with either of you, but I (and I am sure you) have seen some doozies of ideas floated on this board. I mean...Imagine if they listened to me. We would be up poop creek without a paddle!

I heard an interview with her and Cal on 610. One of the hosts made a comment about no one leaked their draft plans. She said something along the lines of "We've been working on that. This place use to leak like Swiss cheese". That cracked me up.

If she had a role in recognizing Easterby's negative influence on the franchise and getting rid of him, she already did one of the best things for this franchise.
I posted that interview on yesterday. On top of the video I said no leaks. But according to some she’s lying. Lol

Sure she can be.

At least they were up on the SB champs 24-0 at Arrowhead before 51-7 happened.
What does that have to do with Hannah? You can hang that squarely on OB. He inherited a fantastic team and cratered it during his tenure. If the McNair's were the meddlesome owners you claim them to be, there's no way they allow trading Hopkins for peanuts or making life so unbearable for JJ Watt that he asked for his release. There's no "marketing" division advantage to doing either of these things. Do you think the Texans have enjoyed more monetary gains without these two players? Have the Texans put a marketable product on the field since then?

What does that have to do with Hannah? You can hang that squarely on OB. He inherited a fantastic team and cratered it during his tenure. If the McNair's were the meddlesome owners you claim them to be, there's no way they allow trading Hopkins for peanuts or making life so unbearable for JJ Watt that he asked for his release. There's no "marketing" division advantage to doing either of these things. Do you think the Texans have enjoyed more monetary gains without these two players? Have the Texans put a marketable product on the field since then?
Preach!

[/QUOTE

I replied to a post that said it can't be worse with Hannah running things.

It can be worse than leading 24-0 at Arrowhead in a playoff game.

It was a team collapse not just BOB. Although I did call for BOB's firing after 51-7.

The Hopkins trade was a result of Janice doing what Deeann wanted. Getting Hopkins away from her boy. Little did we know Hopkins was somewhat keeping Derrick in check. So yes the Hopkins trade was mandated by ownership.

They took a marketing hit, hence ownership forcing the Stroud pick.

Are you saying the McNair's are not one of the worst owners in the NFL for the last 2 decades and ask yourself why this is?

Did anyone from the board say to draft JJ Watt?

So you'd be one of those owners that mandated whom to draft.
Anyone with any common sense at all would've drafted Gardner over Stingley. This pick was Lovie being bullheaded. The Texans ownership should've stepped in and vetoed the Stingley pick. It was just stupid. These so-called meddlesome owners didn't step in and let the outdated HC have his pick.

If I remember correctly, there were people who liked JJ Watt, but no one expected us to draft him because we had Mario and we thought we had bigger needs at other positions. I remember being surprised by the pick, but I liked it. I'd heard lots of good things about Watt during the lead-up to the draft.
I remember we were fatigued with drafting defense.

Did anyone from the board say to draft JJ Watt?
I honestly dont remember
If I remember correctly, there were people who liked JJ Watt, but no one expected us to draft him because we had Mario and we thought we had bigger needs at other positions. I remember being surprised by the pick, but I liked it. I'd heard lots of good things about Watt during the lead-up to the draft.

I may have missed on a lot of my other picks, but I had Watt in my final mock that year - link

And Justin Houston and Jason Kelce at appropriate draft slots, not bad. That's actually a decent year for a couch scout, haha.

I may have missed on a lot of my other picks, but I had Watt in my final mock that year - link

And Justin Houston and Jason Kelce at appropriate draft slots, not bad. That's actually a decent year for a couch scout, haha.

Great job, I know I was surprised by the pick, but I trusted Wade to pick the right guys for his defense.

Imagine if they were allowed to pick Houston/Kelce in addition to picking Watt instead of Reed/Harris. That would've been a game changer. #NotTexansWorthy

Back