Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

The Rise of Hannah

Do you really think Denver won that game because of Manning? Or in spite if him? Denver's defense won that game for Kubiak
I give you an A for effort but you're looking for logic where there is none. There is no in-depth analysis or logical reasoning behind these QB opinions. It's all based on preconceived biases and feelings.

It's the reason that Garoppolo can throw for 117 and 77 yards in two playoff games and be considered a championship QB. Either the QB gets all the credit or all of the blame. No context or logic. No analysis or understanding that the running game and defense carried that 49ers team on that Super Bowl run or Mosfert rushed for 220 yards and 4 TDs in the NFCCG. Go figure.

Last edited:
Do you really think Denver won that game because of Manning? Or in spite if him? Denver's defense won that game for Kubiak

No, they won because of an all time great defense and the fact that Manning didn't turn the ball over. He made just enough plays to put points on the board and keep the defense rested /off the field.

I give you an A for effort but you're looking for logic where this is none. There is no in-depth analysis or logical reasoning behind these QB opinions. It's all based on preconceived biases and feelings.

It's the reason that Garoppolo can throw for 117 and 77 yards in two playoff games and be considered a championship QB. Either the QB gets all the credit or all of the blame. No context or logic. No analysis or understanding that the running game and defense carried that 49ers team on that Super Bowl run or Mosfert rushed for 220 yards and 4 TDs in the NFCCG. Go figure.
The same QB's tend to be playing in big games because they're playing with great teams and come through in the clutch instead of making mistakes, regardless of how they've played the rest of the game. See: Jimmy G taking his team on the GW drive on the frozen tundra after having a bad game for 3 qtrs. A stark contrast to how Rodgers played at the end of that game. Yes Rodgers is the better QB, but he wasn't the better QB during crunch time on that day and that's all that really matters.

The same QB's tend to be playing in big games because they're playing with great teams and come through in the clutch instead of making mistakes, regardless of how they've played the rest of the game. See: Jimmy G taking his team on the GW drive on the frozen tundra after having a bad game for 3 qtrs. A stark contrast to how Rodgers played at the end of that game. Yes Rodgers is the better QB, but he wasn't the better QB during crunch time on that day and that's all that really matters.
Or, Denver's defense did a better job of stopping Rodgers than the Packers did of stopping Manning. The QBs aren't the only individuals on the field.

You say toMato, I say Tomato

Really, IMO, I am for all of this and the CJ and WA picks and for no other reason than to think of watching the Texans without Will on the DL or CJ in the QB room just sounds boring as hell. If Hannah ever said the Texans have an image problem and now that we got Demeco let’s go out and have some smart, bold fun with it all then I 100% agree and the bourbon is certainly smoother these days….aaaahhhhh

At the detriment to the long term future of the org Hannah got her man to market and yes they will be better next yr due to selling out the future and fans will comeback and but Stroud/WA jersey's etc... and that's all that matters to Hannah. Championships? Not so much.

Or, Denver's defense did a better job of stopping Rodgers than the Packers did of stopping Manning. The QBs aren't the only individuals on the field.

You say toMato, I say Tomato

I didn't know that Denver was playing the Packers. Maybe we're talking about 2 different things? I do know that Jimmy G came up big when it counted the most and Rodgers didn't.

In the first quarter Manning fumbled. It was recovered by Jonathan Freeny at the DEN 22 yard line. 2 plays later the Patriots scored a TD.
By halftime the Broncos were ahead and with their defense and the way Kubiak calls an offense they were able to easily cruise home to victory.

So the blocked punt for a td and the missed fg by gb had nothing to do with it huh? carry on

No, they won because of an all time great defense and the fact that Manning didn't turn the ball over. He made just enough plays to put points on the board and keep the defense rested /off the field.

I understand that the Broncos won the game. I was addressing the "and the fact that Manning didn't turn the ball over." which was completely incorrect. Let me make it simple. The Manning lost fumble = turned the ball over 1 time

The Broncos won by 2 points & 7 of their points came directly because of a defensive takeaway. The Patriots were the #3 scoring team in the NFL that year ave. 29 points a game & the Broncos defense held them to 18 points.

The Broncos time of possession per drive.

5:30
1:35
0:45
2:03
0:49
1:41
1:13
1:45
3:44
2:05
4:58
1:21
0:26
0:12

The Broncos only had 3 drives over 3 minutes in the whole game.

Please explain how 11 drives under 2 and a half minutes keeps the defense rested /off the field. I don't care how you spin it the defense won the game for the Broncos.

Last edited:
I understand that the Broncos won the game. I was addressing the "and the fact that Manning didn't turn the ball over." which was completely incorrect. Let me make it simple. The Manning lost fumble = turned the ball over 1 time

The Broncos won by 2 points & 7 of their points came directly because of a defensive takeaway. The Patriots were the #3 scoring team in the NFL that year ave. 29 points a game & the Broncos defense held them to 18 points.

The Broncos time of possession per drive.

5:30
1:35
0:45
2:03
0:49
1:13
1:45
3:44
2:05
4:58
1:21
0:26
0:12

The Broncos only had 3 drives over 3 minutes in the whole game.

Please explain how 11 drives under 2 and a half minutes keeps the defense rested /off the field. I don't care how you spin it the defense won the game for the Broncos.
How many minutes did they hold the ball on those 3 drives and at what point of the game did they execute those 3 drives? How many times did the Pats turn the ball over compared to the Broncos?

Peyton manning was a shell of his former self in his last year. That defense carried him for the whole year

How many minutes did they hold the ball on those 3 drives and at what point of the game did they execute those 3 drives? How many times did the Pats turn the ball over compared to the Broncos?
The Patriots turned the ball over twice. Since turnovers are caused by the defense that only strengthens the case that the defense won the game.

As for how long they held the ball in the 3 drives I went to the trouble of finding & listing the times from every Bronco drive. Anybody with basic math skills should be able to figure that out if they are interested.

The Patriots turned the ball over twice. Since turnovers are caused by the defense that only strengthens the case that the defense won the game.

As for how long they held the ball in the 3 drives I went to the trouble of finding & listing the times from every Bronco drive. Anybody with basic math skills should be able to figure that out if they are interested.
My point is the team won the game and yes, they had an all time great defense.

I was already secretly in love with her before this. Now, ❤ ❤ .
She’s my crush. Beautiful, no time for bs, and straight business. I liked her even more when she didn’t even acknowledge the sexual predator when he returned to Houston with the Cleveland Clowns and was trying to shake everyone’s hand. She definitely had a hand in turning this franchise around.

She’s my crush. Beautiful, no time for bs, and straight business. I liked her even more when she didn’t even acknowledge the sexual predator when he returned to Houston with the Cleveland Clowns and was trying to shake everyone’s hand. She definitely had a hand in turning this franchise around.
yeah that photo said a lot to me. I know the first thought of DW to most is the sexual allegations. I despise the way he handled his contract.

I tried to tell you he's a despicable person.
No you tried to tell me that he was guilty without evidence to support your claim. I never defended DeShaun Watson against those allegations however I did, and will continue to defend anybody under the grounds of our constitution until the evidence supports their guilt.

No you tried to tell me that he was guilty without evidence to support your claim. I never defended DeShaun Watson against those allegations however I did, and will continue to defend anybody under the grounds of our constitution until the evidence supports their guilt.
The evidence supported the claims.

BTW, I've heard through the grapevine that there are going to be more lawsuits coming.

:hankpalm:…hope u guys are joking with all this. The Texans had a PR nightmare on their hands for a year and a half that was extended another year when they fired Culley after only 1 year. They needed a makeover in not only the fans’ eyes, but also in the media’s. I’m sure they had internal meetings about this as well as the NFL telling them they needed to do something. This is where Hannah comes in and all she really is………polished public speaking arm candy brought in to help Cal & the Texans change their image from racist organization continuously losing institutional control b/c it’s run by a disconnected buffoon…………to a fan-centered team run by a wholesome & lovable family man.

She ain’t making no kind of decision or exercising any power in this teams’ actual football decisions…other than telling Cal what camera and mic to look at & speak in.

She was here when all the other fuckery was going on the last few years. Her “rise” is just a coincidence b/c it coincides with this team finally coming out of the doldrums of the DW4 saga.

(I moved this cause I thought it was appropriate)

You haven’t been paying attention to Hannah’s rise.

She is the one that was the voice to pump the brakes on the McCown hiring. She has thrown out fans from the stadium. Multiple articles have been written about her influence at NRG. Some of the posters with inside sources says she is running the place like a marketing company. Gone as far as hiring a soccer marketing company. She sat in on prospective head coaching interviews. She did the fan council. Pushed to draft a QB. I am sure I left some things out.

That’s more than a coincidence. And that’s more than what you laid out.

I really think one aspect that Hannah influenced this offseason was going after the top HC candidates. They didn't settle for crumbs, like the previous 2 hiring cycles. Easterby out of the organization helped in that regard. There were reasons to believe the Texans couldn't get Ryans or Payton. But they interviewed them, anyway. And it payed off with the Ryans hiring.

She is the one that was the voice to pump the brakes on the McCown hiring. She has thrown out fans from the stadium. Multiple articles have been written about her influence at NRG. Some of the posters with inside sources says she is running the place like a marketing company. Gone as far as hiring a soccer marketing company. She sat in on prospective head coaching interviews. She did the fan council. Pushed to draft a QB. I am sure I left some things out.

lol is she? That’s small trivial stuff & Its being blown up to be more than it really is by media types just like the Easterby thing. No one outside of maybe 1 person wanted McCown as the HC and all we really have is that McCown was brought in for another interview. If she really had power in that FO & was as outspoken about that as you claim, McCown isn’t even on the list for another interview With guys like Gannon and Frazier at the time. Furthermore You didn’t have to go very far away from Kirby to ascertain how the fan base would’ve felt about that move. That fan council crap….. they’re really only checking in with the season ticket holders & big time donors…which really renders it overrated… but again had Cal not been such a disconnected buffoon, he could’ve easily ascertained what fans wanted without the need for that.

Lastly when u consider the image problem the organization had…specifically with the female fan base in the shadow of the DW4 cases, the civil suit against the Texans org. as a whole and even the firing of Palcic some years earlier, it looks even more calculated. At the end of the day, She really was the only person positioned to be put front and center of a camera and mic to show the female fan base and media to say “see, we really do care about women, look who we have speaking for us..look what she’s doing”..That’s not power…that’s more of a figurehead trotted out for image purposes...So imo It is a coincidence that her supposed rise started happening as soon as the Texans started having success.

her influence is just overstated ..This team just had to come out of the hole BoB dug and the subsequent DW4 saga & nothing she is supposedly responsible for was gonna have much of an impact until that happened, period. The person chiefly responsible for navigating us through that (NC) did a helluva lot more..a lot of which is known. Hell, just him revamping the scouting department probably had more of an impact over anything Hannah has supposedly done.

lol is she? That’s small trivial stuff & Its being blown up to be more than it really is by media types just like the Easterby thing. No one outside of maybe 1 person wanted McCown as the HC and all we really have is that McCown was brought in for another interview. If she really had power in that FO & was as outspoken about that as you claim, McCown isn’t even on the list for another interview With guys like Gannon and Frazier at the time. Furthermore You didn’t have to go very far away from Kirby to ascertain how the fan base would’ve felt about that move. That fan council crap….. they’re really only checking in with the season ticket holders & big time donors…which really renders it overrated… but again had Cal not been such a disconnected buffoon, he could’ve easily ascertained what fans wanted without the need for that.

Lastly when u consider the image problem the organization had…specifically with the female fan base in the shadow of the DW4 cases, the civil suit against the Texans org. as a whole and even the firing of Palcic some years earlier, it looks even more calculated. At the end of the day, She really was the only person positioned to be put front and center of a camera and mic to show the female fan base and media to say “see, we really do care about women, look who we have speaking for us..look what she’s doing”..That’s not power…that’s more of a figurehead trotted out for image purposes...So imo It is a coincidence that her supposed rise started happening as soon as the Texans started having success.

her influence is just overstated ..This team just had to come out of the hole BoB dug and the subsequent DW4 saga & nothing she is supposedly responsible for was gonna have much of an impact until that happened, period. The person chiefly responsible for navigating us through that (NC) did a helluva lot more..a lot of which is known. Hell, just him revamping the scouting department probably had more of an impact over anything Hannah has supposedly done.

Lol - your argument is if she had power than McCown would not have been interviewed? That’s a weak counterpoint.

She intervened in the process. That’s known.

She organized the fan council, they said get a QB, and the rumors have it that she pushed for a QB. And now we have Stroud. Caserio and Demeco may have wanted Stroud and didn’t trade up when they felt Tepper would take Young. Dunno.

Lovie thanked her and Cal for hiring him. Caserio looked defeated and on the brink when he had a press conference when they fired Lovie and the head coaching search. Hannah was vocal at the press conference about who is making decisions.

She didn’t appear when the Texans had success, they were still a losing organization when she was getting front and center.

Her just being a figure head and everything that has happened is just a coincidence doesn’t hold water.

It is easy to see that she is a decision maker if not the decision maker at NRG.

This isn’t to take away anything from Caserio. I am one of his biggest fans. He engineered this thing to happen. He got the picks and has done well with them. He fixed the salary cap.

But you can’t discount Hannah’s influence.

I really think one aspect that Hannah influenced this offseason was going after the top HC candidates. They didn't settle for crumbs, like the previous 2 hiring cycles. Easterby out of the organization helped in that regard. There were reasons to believe the Texans couldn't get Ryans or Payton. But they interviewed them, anyway. And it payed off with the Ryans hiring.

I wouldn’t go that far that she got us interviewing Demeco. She may pushed for us to interview Payton. Demeco wanted to be here and it was an easy sell. Payton eventually laughed at us, but who is laughing now? How the turntables turn.

It is classic Texan fan mindset that we are always the bridesmaid and never the bride.

Now - could she have been the vote to say no to Gannon and yes to Demeco? Did Caserio prefer Gannon over Demeco? Don’t know. But Gannon was his guy previously.

Demeco wanted to be here and it was an easy sell.
True. But the Texans didn't know that going into the interview. The previous mentality could have surmised that Ryans didn't want to be here, whether is was from his injury lawsuit or just better opportunities. Ryans had turned down the Vikings request in 2022 and the Colts and Cards this time around. I can pull a post from this offseason where Hannah said on 610 they were interviewing the top candidates.

There were reasons to believe the Texans couldn't get Ryans or Payton. But they interviewed them, anyway. And it payed off with the Ryans hiring.
They interviewed many of the top candidates in the previous hiring cycles. Not Saleh, Bienemy only once, but other than that… maybe not Dabol, I’ll have to check on that one.

Lol - your argument is if she had power than McCown would not have been interviewed? That’s a weak counterpoint.

She intervened in the process. That’s known.

She organized the fan council, they said get a QB, and the rumors have it that she pushed for a QB. And now we have Stroud. Caserio and Demeco may have wanted Stroud and didn’t trade up when they felt Tepper would take Young. Dunno.

Lovie thanked her and Cal for hiring him. Caserio looked defeated and on the brink when he had a press conference when they fired Lovie and the head coaching search. Hannah was vocal at the press conference about who is making decisions.

She didn’t appear when the Texans had success, they were still a losing organization when she was getting front and center.

Her just being a figure head and everything that has happened is just a coincidence doesn’t hold water.

It is easy to see that she is a decision maker if not the decision maker at NRG.

This isn’t to take away anything from Caserio. I am one of his biggest fans. He engineered this thing to happen. He got the picks and has done well with them. He fixed the salary cap.

But you can’t discount Hannah’s influence.

lol, everyone and their mama was calling for us to get a qb. You could’ve accidentally turned on ESPN de Ocho and heard every pundit advocating for us to do that…& you know how little the mainstream media pays attention to the Texans. You didn’t need a fan council for that man b/c it was literally the most obvious thing this team needed & what fans wanted.

As for the other stuff, Lovie thanked every person that was involved in the interview process for him getting the gig not just her…So did Culley. Most HC candidates do So What does that even really mean? She’s the wife of the owner’s son man. The real question is Why weren’t you and others talking about her supposed influence then? Probably b/c you know both of those hires were train wrecks & don’t really paint her supposed influence in the best light that’s why. I seem to recall folks calling for Caseroo’s head with both those 2 hires. Not a peep about Hannah “interfering” tho. I think the plan was to keep Culley for 2 years before moving on, but the rumor was he wanted to make changes to the staff and Caserio wasn’t having it. Again, where was her influence then to nix his firing?
Caserio was probably looking “defeated” 1, b/c he was neck deep in **** not of his making with the horrible cap situation, and the DW4 fiasco. 2, probably b/c he knew what was about to happen with those trash ass HC hires. Aside from that, Caserio always has that constipated ass look. My guy is literally a real life version of Skeletor..someone get him a burger.

Look, Does she have a more visible profile than before? Yes. Does she do other things that help the FO culture which was terrible.. I’m sure she does. But fans don’t give a rip about that. All we as fans really care about is winning. Bob ran a dysfunctional FO for years & cussed out fans. But he was able to stick around b/c he was winning. So her influence is hella overstated imo. Everything she does is in service to Cal…which is mostly being his PR agent that’s more or less a polished pretty face trotted out there to help bring the female fan base back into the fold…

But we can agree to disagree.

Last edited:
lol, everyone and their mama was calling for us to get a qb. You could’ve accidentally turned on ESPN de Ocho and heard every pundit advocating for us to do that…& you know how little the mainstream media pays attention to the Texans. You didn’t need a fan council for that man b/c it was literally the most obvious thing this team needed & what fans wanted.

As for the other stuff, Lovie thanked every person that was involved in the interview process for him getting the gig not just her…So did Culley. Most HC candidates do So What does that even really mean? She’s the wife of the owner’s son man. The real question is Why weren’t you and others talking about her supposed influence then? Probably b/c you know both of those hires were train wrecks & don’t really paint her supposed influence in the best light that’s why. I seem to recall folks calling for Caseroo’s head with both those 2 hires. Not a peep about Hannah “interfering” tho. I think the plan was to keep Culley for 2 years before moving on, but the rumor was he wanted to make changes to the staff and Caserio wasn’t having it. Again, where was her influence then to nix his firing?
Caserio was probably looking “defeated” 1, b/c he was neck deep in **** not of his making with the horrible cap situation, and the DW4 fiasco. 2, probably b/c he knew what was about to happen with those trash ass HC hires. Aside from that, Caserio always has that constipated ass look. My guy is literally a real life version of Skeletor..someone get him a burger.

Look, Does she have a more visible profile than before? Yes. Does she do other things that help the FO culture which was terrible.. I’m sure she does. But fans don’t give a rip about that. All we as fans really care about is winning. Bob ran a dysfunctional FO for years & cussed out fans. But he was able to stick around b/c he was winning. So her influence is hella overstated imo. Everything she does is in service to Cal…which is mostly being his PR agent that’s more or less a polished pretty face trotted out there to help bring the female fan base back into the fold…

But we can agree to disagree.
There were several calling for a quarterback in 2022 draft. I am not sure Hannah had taken much of a role until this past offseason. I do think she had much to do or at least say about Easterby.
I doubt she said anything about Culley and probably thought Lovie was ok hire due to team experience and knowledge as well as view of Smith among NFL, players and fans. It's possible if not probable that 2022 record plus Lovie's arguable attitude/comments changed her opinion.
When it became known that Demeco Ryans was interested, I think she saw him as the real deal among the same three that Lovie appealed to.
I think fans do give a rip about team culture as it is now called and that is one of the reasons Hannah has become more involved as more in tune with the fans.
Winning of course is number one priority, however I do think there are thousands of fans who are also interested in more than just W's. You can be both and still be a fan.

Please provide links to any evidence of Bob McNair cursing fans. The only incident I remember that caused wide spread condemnation was his comments supposedly directed at the players running the prison.

True. But the Texans didn't know that going into the interview. The previous mentality could have surmised that Ryans didn't want to be here, whether is was from his injury lawsuit or just better opportunities. Ryans had turned down the Vikings request in 2022 and the Colts and Cards this time around. I can pull a post from this offseason where Hannah said on 610 they were interviewing the top candidates.

I think Hannah’s reference was more about Sean Payton. Andre Johnson is on record telling Demeco to come to Houston before the official interview. After Lovie fired I believe. I will look for video.

Yep, she's going hard after soccer fan in her marketing plan. It's great for business, but she lost fans like me. I'm not gung ho on going and hanging out 10 times a yr in the parking lot with soccer fan playing soccer in the parking lot at a football game. I probably can stand to do this once a yr. 1 at home and traveling to 1 game a yr. I try to pick a spot on the road where soccer fan isn't prevalent.

Hiring a marketing company that has worked with soccer teams doesn't mean the Texans are particularly going after soccer fans. It means they are taking different approaches in marketing, likely going after a younger audience. You will still be in a safe space when tailgating at NRG.

Yep, she's going hard after soccer fan in her marketing plan. It's great for business, but she lost fans like me. I'm not gung ho on going and hanging out 10 times a yr in the parking lot with soccer fan playing soccer in the parking lot at a football game. I probably can stand to do this once a yr. 1 at home and traveling to 1 game a yr. I try to pick a spot on the road where soccer fan isn't prevalent.
TBF, you seem to be a "lost" fan before Hanna stepped into the lights. By hiring a soccer marketing company, I think she is going after the younger crowd from 17 to 34 as most sellers of most products seem to be after. I think for those 40 and over, most are either already locked in or or not fans of NFL football. I wouldn't want to be near the soccer fan you describe but neither do I want to be around drunk, obnoxious NFL fans either. The one's that are now commonly seen getting knocked out or dying.

Back