Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

The Rise of Hannah

yeah, but in your analogy they would be the people who were ridiculed and labeled conspiracy theorist for trying to get the truth out. The people who lied to the masses were the people at the top who controlled all the narratives.. In your analogy that would be the McNairs/front office.

Very true, but my point stands. One cannot simply trust everything they read online as 100% truth, even when it comes from respected individuals. I have NO reason to doubt CNND or Corrosion, but I do not know their sources and find it easy to doubt them.

Go back and watch the interviews Caserio/Ryans gave regarding their draft strategy. There's no hesitation or eyes moving around to avoid direct contact as to how they pulled this draft off.....the body language didn't indicate they were just executing Janice/Hannah's plan all along. These guys were running the show.

Isn't it just as likely that Janice/Hannah/Nick/Demeco where all in cahoots with who they wanted? We had two 1st round picks. It is a given that Demeco wanted Anderson. It is also well known that you cannot win in the NFL without a competent QB. There is no reason for me not to believe that Janice/Hannah chose Young and Stroud as their most marketable QB's while Nick/Demeco chose Young and Stroud as the most likely to succeed. Nick even called Young and Stroud 1a and 1b, telling me that which ever QB fell to #2, would be OUR QB when the draft was completed. I think the Panthers had more to do with choosing our QB than did Janice/Hannah.

Hannah’s increased profile has more to do with rebuilding the Texans image as a whole…she’s a pretty face…she won’t be readily attacked publicly by the media like they would & have dobe with all the males kike Cal and NC. she’s well spoken and very comfortable in dealing with the media too….you won’t get classic canned responses from her like you would Meco, Cal and NC. The other thing at play here given what happened here with DW4 and the Texans franchise is she’s specifically being put out front b/c she’s helping rebuild the female fanbase. Lots of females looked at the Texans with the side eye after all these sexual assualt lawsuits. Remember, the Texans had one brought against them specifically in which they settled quickly to avoid more negative publicity.

THIS! 100% THIS! I couldn't have said it better you are SPOT on!

Better than this:

usatsi_13601652.jpg

I tell you....if ANYONE disagrees with this they should turn in their fan card.

Texans draft Stroud, and weeks later we get a back story on it…which wasn’t even the story of the draft..the move up to get Anderson was….but we don’t get anything about how that went down.
Texans have been pretty open about how that went down, no need for “inside info” to expound on that.

I believe before the draft CnnD was telling us they believe Anderson was the best player in the draft.

Making the trade to get him substantiates that for me. I can absolutely see a world where they would have drafted Will Anderson at 1.2 & I would have been fine with that.

But wouldn’t it be great to get both? It would be costly & I can understand running it by ownership before actually doing it.

Of course for me, it’s only an option if Stroud is there at 1.2. So I’m keeping it close to the vest. If the Panthers traded up for Stroud, I’d take Anderson at 1.2 and go on about my business.

Last edited:
Name the QB's that have won the most championships over the last decade. Most of them were top 5 QB the yrs that they won their championships.

Foles is the epitome of cherry picking.
The only qbs to win superbowls over the last 10 yrs were Mahomes, Brady, Wilson, and Foles or am I missing someone?Brady was in year 13 or 14 and Russell was handing the ball off .

In the end, does it even matter who had what input on drafting Stroud?

Of course not. But grown ass men complaining about an entertainment company is what it is. #popcornready :popcorn:

The McNairs can run their company however they choose. They created it, so they get the luxury of telling their employees what they want in the end.

I'm just sticking around for the long-shot blind squirrel chance of success.

BlindSquirrel.jpg

Texans have been pretty open about how that went down, no need for “inside info” to expound on that.

I believe before the draft CnnD was telling us they believe Anderson was the best player in the draft.

Making the trade to get him substantiates that for me. I can absolutely see a world where they would have drafted Will Anderson at 1.2 & I would have been fine with that.

But wouldn’t it be great to get both? It would be costly & I can understand running it by ownership before actually doing it.

Of course for me, it’s only an option if Stroud is there at 1.2. So I’m keeping it close to the vest. If the Panthers traded up for Stroud, I’d take Anderson at 1.2 and go on about my business.

but again, thats not exactly “inside info”. Will Anderson at 1 point was thought to be the best player in the draft overall & was really never seen in anyone’s mock draft going below 5 at any point.

i just think with them picking @ 2, they knew tgey we’re guaranteed to get 1 of the top 2 qb’s and/or top 2 defenders. I think the only question was did they have to choose or it could it be possible for them to get greedy and get both of the prospects THEY coveted, not just take what was left of the 2.

For the record, I was good with Anderson or Wilson at 2 and taking Hendon Hooker with the second RD1 pick. Hindsight being 20/20…..Anderson at 2 and Hooker in RD3 would’ve left some amazing draft options on the table.

When Caserio selected Stroud and then moved back up to get Anderson….I considered it an extremely bold move. I felt the price paid was too high. Instead of going off the deep end, I listened to interview after interview to better understand these 2 players……and between Caserio, Ryans, Stroud, and Anderson they convinced me the trade was worth the price paid.

In the end, I hope Hooker does well in Detroit when his turn comes around and Cleveland loses their arse off this season while the Texans hit that 9 win marker.

Last edited:
For the record, I was good with Anderson or Wilson at 2 and taking Hendon Hooker with the second RD1 pick. Hindsight being 20/20…..Anderson at 2 and Hooker in RD3 would’ve left some amazing draft options on the table.

When Caserio selected Stroud and then moved back up to get Anderson….I considered it an extremely bold move. I felt the price paid was too high. Instead of going off the deep end, I listened to interview after interview to better understand these 2 players……and between Caserio, Ryans, Stroud, and Anderson they convinced me the trade was worth the price paid.

In the end, I hope Hooker does well in Detroit when his turn comes around and Cleveland loses their arse off this season while the Texans hit that 9 win marker.
I wanted Richardson at 12, but he probably wouldn’t make it pass the Titans. All I know is I didn’t want Levis, which is who I thought the Texans would have picked if they had kept the 12th pick. :eek:

they convinced me the trade was worth the price paid.
To me it’s about the objective value of the picks. It’s like me giving you a hundred dollar bill & you giving me five twenty dollar bills. In this case the Texans gave $103 for $100.

I’m okay with that because the Texans needed that $100 bill to make the purchase they wanted.

Of course not. But grown ass men complaining about an entertainment company is what it is. #popcornready :popcorn:

The McNairs can run their company however they choose. They created it, so they get the luxury of telling their employees what they want in the end.

View attachment 12291

If the Texans were a squirrel, blind or not, they'd still be stuck to a car tire.

View attachment 12291
I know somewhere, I read it recently and have it in a post somewhere, that a NFL poll put the Texans at like #4 in regards to clubhouse environment and other categories. They are FAR better than the constant complainers want to admit. This is NFL players that were polled. It is so fun to be a fan and pull for this team and I live in 100% Cowboys country (I think I typed an “o“ in country by mistake.)

Hannah’s increased profile has more to do with rebuilding the Texans image as a whole…she’s a pretty face…she won’t be readily attacked publicly by the media like they would & have dobe with all the males kike Cal and NC. she’s well spoken and very comfortable in dealing with the media too….you won’t get classic canned responses from her like you would Meco, Cal and NC. The other thing at play here given what happened here with DW4 and the Texans franchise is she’s specifically being put out front b/c she’s helping rebuild the female fanbase. Lots of females looked at the Texans with the side eye after all these sexual assualt lawsuits. Remember, the Texans had one brought against them specifically in which they settled quickly to avoid more negative publicity.

Agreed, and now they've been named in another suit.

One things for sure, she gets what she wants.

Lol, They picked Stroud in the first minute of being on the clock. Would that warrant chest bumping…picking a player they knew all along they were going to pick at that locked-in draft spot and simply went ahead and did it. Maybe, unless that was just part one of their two player quest. Conversely the hugely coveted Anderson pick was no way a done deal after picking up CJ. They had to start making calls ASAP. Anyone could have upped the ante at the last minute to outbid them. The joy was palpable and no doubt rewarding to see their plan come to fruition. If Anderson was picked first would they be chest bumping but remain stoic after trading up for CJ? But since it was a podcast and podcast’s have so much respect on this board 😂 maybe I shouldn’t have an opinion and just go with the truth 😂🤣
I'm certainly not going to change your mid.

BTW, I'm talking about the press conference, not draft night. Oh well, it really doesn't matter anymore, it is what it is and people's careers will be ruined.

The only qbs to win superbowls over the last 10 yrs were Mahomes, Brady, Wilson, and Foles or am I missing someone?Brady was in year 13 or 14 and Russell was handing the ball off .
In 2015 Peyton Manning limped into the SB with Wade's #1 defense and Ossweiler's help. He started 9 games & went 7-2 while throwing for 9 TDs & giving up 17 INTs. Ossweiler was a little better. Ossweiler started 7 games & was 5-2 while throwing for 10 TDs & giving up 6 INTs.

The 2015 Broncos are living proof that you can win a SB on the strength of the defense. Combined Ossweiler & Manning had 19 Tds to 23 INTs. Von Miller was the MVP.

Last edited:
In 2015 Peyton Manning limped into the SB with Wade's #1 defense and Ossweiler's help. He started 9 games & went 7-2 while throwing for 9 TDs & giving up 17 INTs. Ossweiler was a little better. Ossweiler started 7 games & was 5-2 while throwing for 10 TDs & giving up 6 INTs.

The 2015 Broncos are living proof that you can win a SB on the strength of the defense. Combined Ossweiler & Manning had 19 Tds to 23 INTs.
Thank you.

As I see it currently, that is Demeco's plan along along. Anderson was his main objective. Demeco is going to shape this defense into something special. Past that, we wanted the best possible QB and in this draft, that is likely Stroud. SO we got em both. He doesn't have to be world beating, he just needs to be better than what we had, or as you put it, better than the 2015 Manning/Ossweiler tandem.

This is pretty spot on with how I felt, but now I am trying to buy into what they did. It was indeed a bold move that surprised me. I liked the aggressiveness even if it wasn't my preferred option. Still thinking 5-7 wins, probably 6.

In 2015 Peyton Manning limped into the SB with Wade's #1 defense and Ossweiler's help. He started 9 games & went 7-2 whoutliwri
Ole throwing for 9 TDs & giving up 17 INTs. Ossweiler was a little better. Ossweiler started 7 games & was 5-2 while throwing for 10 TDs & giving up 6 INTs.

The 2015 Broncos are living proof that you can win a SB on the strength of the defense. Combined Ossweiler & Manning had 19 Tds to 23 INTs. Von Miller was the MVP.
Outliers, with an all time greats defense. BTW, Manning played well in the playoffs.

You think they could give us much worse than picks 2 and 3?

Sure they could’ve. We could’ve bought the hype on Levis and taken him at 2, then sat at 12 and taken someone like Myles Murphy…or worse gave up draft capital to move up a little to try and get say a Jalen Carter at 9 only to get jumped by the eagles…& then be forced to take someone like Luke Van Ness. It could’ve gone very wrong for us.

how things unfolded for us this past draft was just about the best case scenario we could’ve hoped for. We had guys we really coveted and we went after them.

Sure they could’ve. We could’ve bought the hype on Levis and taken him at 2, then sat at 12 and taken someone like Myles Murphy…or worse gave up draft capital to move up a little to try and get say a Jalen Carter at 9 only to get jumped by the eagles…& then be forced to take someone like Luke Van Ness. It could’ve gone very wrong for us.

how things unfolded for us this past draft was just about the best case scenario we could’ve hoped for. We had guys we really coveted and we went after them.
But IF Janice and daughter in law pulling the strings, we would still have taken Stroud. That's my point.

Agreed, and now they've been named in another suit.

One things for sure, she gets what she wants.

why in your mind does it have to cone down to her “getting what she wants”?

Why can’t it just be a sound business move collectively decided upon by the boardroom that she is now apart of? They asked her to step up & help rehab the team’s image she agreed. Nothing more nothing less. No back room “power moves” required.

why in your mind does it have to cone down to her “getting what she wants”?

Why can’t it just be a sound business move collectively decided upon by the boardroom that she is now apart of? They asked her to step up & help rehab the team’s image she agreed. Nothing more nothing less. No back room “power moves” required.
Because she talked Janice into the pick.

It's a very sound business decision, made by a marketing firm with a football division. A sound on field long term football decision? Not so much. IMHO

But IF Janice and daughter in law pulling the strings, we would still have taken Stroud. That's my point.

im not in the camp that janice and hannah are overuling all the football minds in the room, that’s Steelb.

& not necessarily. Upon hearing that Janice & Hannah agreed that a qb should & will be taken with 1 of the 2 1st rounders from Jannah lol, NC and Meco could’ve been like “ok”:shrug:…b/c thats what they were planning to do from a draft strategy point of view anyway….meaning all parties agreed.

Where it turns into what Steelb and i guess you are asserting is if Hannah went to Janice with the fan committee data and Janice and Hannah told Cal NC & Meco that she wants a qb taken specifically with the #2 pick…That’s a totally different thing, that i don’t think anyone really knows if thats how it went down.

Because she talked Janice into the pick.

It's a very sound business decision, made by a marketing firm with a football division. A sound on field long term football decision? Not so much. IMHO
There were a lot of football people reporting & publishing they should draft Stroud. How do you know Hannah’s decision was founded on the same football principles those professional analysts, former scouts even, based their decisions.

Outliers, with an all time greats defense.
It doesn't take an all time great defense. Out of the last 10 SBs the team that allowed the fewest points in the regular season are 8-2.

Seahawks 231
Broncos 399

Patriots 313
Seahawks 254

Broncos 296
Panthers 308

Patriots - 250
Falcons - 406

Eagles - 295
Patriots - 296

Patriots - 325
Rams - 384

Chiefs - 308
49rs - 310

Buccaneers 355
Chiefs 362

Rams 372
Bengals 376

Chiefs 369
Eagles 344

Edit: I'll even go one step further. Since the merger (1970) the team that allowed fewer points in the regular season is 35-17 (that doesn’t include Super Bowl 39, because the Eagles and Patriots each allowed exactly 260 points).

Last edited:

Carolina was the best team in the nfl that year. Wade put together a great game plan that the team defensively executed. That's an outlier, but in football, the best team doesn't win the superbowl, it's 1 game. The Chiefs were better than Tampa all year, but KC were missing both of their tackles and Mahomes was under duress all game. Also, see both of Eli sbs.

Manning had one long sustained drive for a touchdown. The only other touchdown came when the Broncos intercepted the ball on the Patriots 16 yard line. The Broncos had 8 three & outs & one fumble after 2 plays.

Broncos Drives
LOS: DEN 17 | Plays: 11..| Time: 5:30 | Yards: 83 | Results: Touchdown
LOS: DEN 34 | Plays: 3...| Time: 1:35 | Yards: 4. | Results: Punt
LOS: DEN 26 | Plays: 2...| Time: 0:45 | Yards: -4 | Results: Fumble
LOS: DEN 20 | Plays: 6...| Time: 2:03 | Yards: 41 | Results: Punt
LOS: NWE 16 | Plays: 3...| Time: 0:49 | Yards: 16 | Results: Touchdown
LOS: DEN 20 | Plays: 3...| Time: 1:41 | Yards: 5. | Results: Punt
LOS: DEN 44 | Plays: 3...| Time: 1:41 | Yards: -4 | Results: Punt
LOS: DEN 44 | Plays: 6...| Time: 1:13 | Yards: 23 | Results: Field Goal
LOS: DEN 20 | Plays: 3...| Time: 1:45 | Yards: -5 | Results: Punt
LOS: DEN 20 | Plays: 7...| Time: 3:44 | Yards: 34 | Results: Punt
LOS: DEN 44 | Plays: 3...| Time: 2:05 | Yards: -1 | Results: Punt
LOS: DEN 39 | Plays: 10..| Time: 4:58 | Yards: 48 | Results: Field Goal
LOS: DEN 17 | Plays: 3...| Time: 1:21 | Yards: 3. | Results: Punt
LOS: DEN 14 | Plays: 3...| Time: 0:26 | Yards: 0. | Results: Punt
LOS: NWE 38 | Plays: 1...| Time: 0:12 | Yards: -1 | Results: End of Game

He won so he played well. He won, so he’s a good leader.

Had they lost, he’d have played poorly, he’d have been a poor leader.

Get with the program- team results dictate an individual player’s worth here.
Only with a select few intense posters...

He won so he played well. He won, so he’s a good leader.

Had they lost, he’d have played poorly, he’d have been a poor leader.
If that’s what you believe that’s wonderful, who am I to argue. We all got opinions right?

If it were me I’d add a distinction, like “never.” Can’t really tell a lot from one game, or one season. But if a guy has trouble getting very talented teams to the playoffs, we can safely say he is not a good leader.

If that’s what you believe that’s wonderful, who am I to argue.
It is absolutely not what I believe.
We all got opinions right?

Opinions can be dumb, and people can point out that someone's opinions are dumb.

If it were me I’d add a distinction, like “never.” Can’t really tell a lot from one game, or one season. But if a guy has trouble getting very talented teams to the playoffs, we can safely say he is not a good leader.

If he wins next year, does he become a good leader? What if he wins the next 3?

Fans have zero idea what goes on in huddles, on benches, or in locker rooms. We have no idea who is a good leader and who isn't, and I think pretending otherwise is silly.

"Corrosion hasn't posted much recently and CNND posts are easy to find. You should be able to quote them and dispute their specific comments rather than disparage the members themselves." Banned 1976

Balls in your court. TB74.

:coffee:

Still waiting.
Maybe too embarrassed to admit you got your wires crossed. :thinking:
Don't be, it happens to all of us one time or another.:D

:coffee:

Back