Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

the Official Half Assed Texans @ Colts Gameday Thread

Back to what works, in a "half assed" way.

No silly pictures, no clever tag lines, just a chance for the Texans to role these Indiana buttplugs, and take the division.

A win today and there's no reason the Texans shouldn't win out.

We suck, but they suck worse. Mediocrity rules the day.

Let's go Texans!

Y'all can think me now or later. Half assed all day, every day...Texans style!

shocked-will-smith.gif

Did that happen?

Reactions: TD
It's going to be the first time ever that the Texans, Astros and Rockets all made the playoffs in the same year. Not too shabby! Even though we want to win championships. Getting there isn't enough. Let's become Title Town here in Houston.

So, should we even be seriously thinking playoffs here? I mean, we really DON'T have a QB now. Granted, it's a resurgent Kitten team and a worthless Titan team still to go, but damn. Why is it when we do make the playoffs we never EVER get there in one piece?

So, should we even be seriously thinking playoffs here? I mean, we really DON'T have a QB now. Granted, it's a resurgent Kitten team and a worthless Titan team still to go, but damn. Why is it when we do make the playoffs we never EVER get there in one piece?

Hoyer will be back if that makes you feel any better.

I want to simultaneously hug A.J. Bouye and punch him in the mouth. NEVER stick the ball up in the air like that....grateful he realized his stupidity and fell down though.

The different scenarios that the Texans need in order to clinch the 2015 AFC South next Sunday at Tennessee. Which would allow the Texans to rest players the final game of the regular season against the Jaguars in two weeks.

1. The easiest way, beat the Titans on the road.
If the Texans win that game they win the division.

2. If the Texans do lose to the Titans they can still clinch.
But that would require the Colts and Jaguars to both lose.
The Colts play at Miami and the Jaguars play at New Orleans

So pretty much it's that simple. This thing can be wrapped up next Sunday. We don't want that final game of the regular season against the Jaguars to mean anything. It will hopefully be a chance to rest some key starters in preparation for the wild-card game at NRG Stadium.

I am shocked that the Texans were able to pull this out after the way they started the game. Very good defensive performance, barely adequate offensive performance.
I almost quit watching after the 1st quarter. I'm glad I decided to stick it out.

There is no difference. I like yates and no Weeden. Still none of our 3 QBs should be starting for any team, BUT if I had to choose one it'd be Yates.

I

I hope Weeden is the starter from here on out.
I thought Weeden made some great passes today. A couple completions right before halftime that led to a field goal and put us on the board. At the time we went into the locker room with some confidence down 10-3. It was huge.

Also the big first-down run on 3rd and 5 (he gained 7 yards) which extended another huge field goal try to pull us within 10-6. And of course the Touchdown drive that put us ahead he was money on.

Brandon Weeden played within his skill set. He played smart and didn't try to do too much. A couple of his runs that picked up first downs would have likely been sacks or incompletions if Hoyer had been in there.

People who say Brian Hoyer will be back need to realize you'd be risking a potential third concussion in less than two months. It's just not smart. Hoyer is smart enough to know he wants to live a comfortable life outside of football sometime soon when he retires.

We can make the playoffs and win in the playoffs with Brandon Weeden. It's still a team game. I'm really not too worried at this point.

I feel bad for T.J. Yates though. He had an opportunity to improve his 1-1 playoff record and he had experience playing in the big games.

There is no difference. I like yates and no Weeden. Still none of our 3 QBs should be starting for any team, BUT if I had to choose one it'd be Yates.
You do realize we have no choice but to cheer for Brandon Weeden now? And I thought he played a heck of a game today. I was proud of his performance.

You do realize we have no choice but to cheer for Brandon Weeden now? And I thought he played a heck of a game today. I was proud of his performance.
That's not necessarily true. While the board has talked about it like it's a foregone conclusion that Hoyer's season (heck, for some - his career) is over, there has been nothing said about that by either the Texans or by Hoyer.

I guarantee you that if/when he's deemed to be healthy enough, he's the Texans starting QB.

That's not necessarily true. While the board has talked about it like it's a foregone conclusion that Hoyer's season (heck, for some - his career) is over, there has been nothing said about that by either the Texans or by Hoyer.

I guarantee you that if/when he's deemed to be healthy enough, he's the Texans starting QB.
"If and when" doesn't win NFL games though. What I watched today from Brandon Weeden did win us a pretty big game at Indianapolis. Like I mentioned he helped put the team on the board when everything was going the Colts way up to that point. He extended multiple drives which led to much needed points. He deserves a lot of credit for the win today even though the defense played amazing, like we all expect them to, in the second half.

It's baffling to me how people expect a quarterback who would be risking a third concussion in less than two months, to be ready to play anytime soon. Maybe a few decades ago when concussions weren't viewed as the big deal they are now.

At the very least I'd be shocked if Hoyer is ready to play at Tennessee next Sunday. So either way you view things it's still going to be Brandon Weeden as our starting quarterback with a chance to clinch the division title. He showed me enough today to give me confidence that he can get the job done.

Back