Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

the Official Half Assed Texans @ Colts Gameday Thread

While we talk about all the QBs we've had to choose from, we probably let go one that had the greatest promise......he wasn't tall enough to fit our oragnization's mold......but he's proven tall enough for the Rams.

Might want to pump the breaks a little there. He had one good game. Until that point he had looked pretty poor playing for the Rams.

That's not necessarily true. While the board has talked about it like it's a foregone conclusion that Hoyer's season (heck, for some - his career) is over, there has been nothing said about that by either the Texans or by Hoyer.

I guarantee you that if/when he's deemed to be healthy enough, he's the Texans starting QB.
NEXT YEAR Hoyer MAY be back. But I do not want him back this season under any circumstances for his sake. It's only football.

How many sacks did we give up today? It was too many for sure, and the OL can't brag.

"If and when" doesn't win NFL games though. What I watched today from Brandon Weeden did win us a pretty big game at Indianapolis. Like I mentioned he helped put the team on the board when everything was going the Colts way up to that point. He extended multiple drives which led to much needed points. He deserves a lot of credit for the win today even though the defense played amazing, like we all expect them to, in the second half.

It's baffling to me how people expect a quarterback who would be risking a third concussion in less than two months, to be ready to play anytime soon. Maybe a few decades ago when concussions weren't viewed as the big deal they are now.

At the very least I'd be shocked if Hoyer is ready to play at Tennessee next Sunday. So either way you view things it's still going to be Brandon Weeden as our starting quarterback with a chance to clinch the division title. He showed me enough today to give me confidence that he can get the job done.

NEXT YEAR Hoyer MAY be back. But I do not want him back this season under any circumstances for his sake. It's only football.

My comment wasn't related to what should happen, but what will happen. If the Texans were absolutely certain Hoyer was done for the season, he'd be on IR. Maybe he ultimately will be, or maybe he plays next week - I'm not saying either one will happen or won't happen. Just that the Texans have a 100 percent undeniable way of saying he's done for the season, and as of this moment, they haven't said it.

Again, no predictions either way, but if he comes back and plays at any point this season, he's the starter.

Last edited:
...People who say Brian Hoyer will be back need to realize you'd be risking a potential third concussion in less than two months. It's just not smart. Hoyer is smart enough to know he wants to live a comfortable life outside of football sometime soon when he retires...
The way they're talking on the radio, Hoyer hasn't passed the concussion protocol.

People who say Brian Hoyer will be back need to realize you'd be risking a potential third concussion in less than two months. It's just not smart. Hoyer is smart enough to know he wants to live a comfortable life outside of football sometime soon when he retires.

If he's been knocked in the head one too many times already, he may not be able to comprehend much of anything, let alone that it's time to hang it up.:cool:

If he's been knocked in the head one too many times already, he may not be able to comprehend much of anything, let alone that it's time to hang it up.:cool:

He's 30 with a degree in interdisciplinary studies (wtf?) from Michigan State making $5 mil per. He'll play if allowed.

I'm glad the Texans medical staff will make that call and not you.

It really wont matter though Hoyer if playing will find a way to lose.

As it stands right now, if the playoffs began, The Texans would get another crack at the Chiefs in the Wildcard round. I'm not sure I'd like to see that.

As it stands right now, if the playoffs began, The Texans would get another crack at the Chiefs in the Wildcard round. I'm not sure I'd like to see that.

We will win the galactic universal football championship and all life forms will hail us as their masters.

Props to Blue in this game! Yes, he had a big fumble, but he bounced back to have a strong game. I noticed he hit the holes harder & faster than usual. Hopefully he learned something during his mini-hiatus.

I just don't know what to think. I'm excited that we won, and saddened by the two teams that were on the field today. Thrilled that we have a shot at winning a division title, and depressed to think what doing so could do to our future. I shudder to think what a first place schedule would do to this team, but I'm doing my best to stay in the moment and enjoy the good things when they happen.

This win is kind of a reality check. Yes we won but what about the playoffs, is Hoyer going to be healthy? Will Weeden stay as a back up QB? The defense had a great second half, and I hope it stays that way all the way through the playoffs..

I just don't know what to think. I'm excited that we won, and saddened by the two teams that were on the field today. Thrilled that we have a shot at winning a division title, and depressed to think what doing so could do to our future. I shudder to think what a first place schedule would do to this team, but I'm doing my best to stay in the moment and enjoy the good things when they happen.
Don't count your division titles before they hatch.

The Texans are no better of a team than they ever were. Just like before, our division is weak and we are just good enough to take advantage of it. Enjoy it while it lasts.

I came to the end of this thread first. I'll read it then, if all goes well, my wife will wake up and ..........nevermind.

GREAT GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Texans are no better of a team than they ever were. Just like before, our division is weak and we are just good enough to take advantage of it. Enjoy it while it lasts.
True. And I intend to enjoy our success no matter the reason for it.

Division placement only has an affect on two games on each upcoming schedule, the rest is predetermined rotationally. Not to say that doesn't matter at all, just I think people tend to get caught up with it like when it carried over to more games back in the 90's.

We should have the NFC North and AFC West next year (I think) and if places hold now till the end of the season (who knows) then we'd add Cincy and NE. Just for perspective, second place would give us Pitt and NYJ instead.

Man I hear a lot of bitching. Guys who really cares how we won or what winning will do for this teams future. We FINALLY won in indy, are in first place in the AFC South. The play offs are like a whole new season where anything possible.

I swear some of you could turn a gold bar into a turd....

We should have the NFC North and AFC West next year (I think) and if places hold now till the end of the season (who knows) then we'd add Cincy and DEN. Just for perspective, second place would give us Pitt and KC instead.

FIFY

I shudder to think what a first place schedule would do to this team

The only difference to next year's schedule is that we'd play the Bengals here instead of Pittsburgh, and the Patriots on the road instead of the Jets.

Home: KC, SD, Chi, Det (Pit 2nd or Cin 1st)
Away: Den, Oak, GB, Min (Jets 2nd or NE 1st)

Well for as many problems as we have. Damn the Colts must be bad. They were gift wrapped that game.

I still don't see any of the next two games as locks - there is no way they can be.

I wouldn't make that call for anyone else. But I'd hate to see player suffer permanently so the fans could be happy? for a moment.

All it took to win in Indy was a first round QB.

:ahhaha:

Glad we won but man those two offenses were painful to watch. I would've been more entertained by the game had they slapped a black and white color filter over the action and aired it on ESPN Classic.

Took my son to the game yesterday and he was all sorts of pumped up. Happy to see the Texans get their first win at Indianapolis !!!
The first half was brutal to watch and thought it was over when Weeden came into the game. Nice to see them pull it out.

For those of you with the Texans app, there is a picture of a bunch of kids waiting for autographs at the Texans tunnel. My son is in the middle with his JJ Watt jersey on. We brought the game ball he gave my son at the Cincinnati game to try to get a signature. When my son started yelling to him for an autograph, JJ gave him another game ball. This time it was one of the salute to service balls with the camo emblem on it. So while we didn't get the signature, he now has two game balls given to him from JJ. What are the odds ??

I and my son are both hoping the Texans can finish up in first place. He really wants to see them in the playoffs and would be pumped to get to see the Texans and Bengals play again next year. Here's wishing you all a very Merry Christmas and a first place Texans finish !!!

Back