Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

The Official Half Assed Chiefs @ Texans Wildcard Playoffs Gameday Thread

I'll watch till the end but I feel you man. This was not even a contest. But admit it you'll be back next season. Look on the bright side our teams shitty play gives us a reason to get lit up our favorite liquor.

Oh I'm watching till the end on mute while I jam some local Houston Black Metal demos. Just saw that pick again. These guys suck and yeah I'll be back next year cause I'm an addict.

I'm not watching. What was the question?
I can't ever hear the reporters on these things, I usually wait till the transcripts. I think it was about the Goalline series though.

He was very short, and heated with the first 4 questions that were asked, cooled off a little after that and started giving longer answers

Tania Ganguli ‏@taniaganguli
O'Brien said Brandon Weeden getting basically no reps in practice this week was a factor in his wanting to stay with Brian Hoyer. #Texans

"The game just ended. ... I have no idea what 2016 will look like," O'Brien, asked if Hoyer is QB of the future. #Texans

O'Brien said they talked about Clowney's status toward the end of the week. He wasn't able to push off or run so they kept him out. #Texans

Brian T. Smith ‏@ChronBrianSmith
O'Brien didn't consider pulling Hoyer.

PDS ‏@PatDStat
OB said it was a jumbo package with Watt and Wilfork at the goal line. Said it was on him for the poor call. #Texans

“The best thing to do was stick with him.” OB on Brian Hoyer.

OB say him and Rick Smith will sit down and start evaluating the team. Will get input from coaches and personnel. #Texans

“We had a plan for him. Sometime it worked. Sometimes it didn’t.” OB on defending Travis Kelce. #Texans

Houston Texans ‏@HoustonTexans
O'Brien: "A disappointing way to end the season. We are all in this together. We obviously have a long way to go here."

O'Brien: "It just wasn't good. Have to do a better job coaching, execution."

O'Brien: "It's not a good feeling to go out and lose a playoff game like this. We have to get better. It's obvious. It starts with me."

James Starks ‏@JamesStarksKPRC
JJ Watt on groin injury - "It's extremely painful." @KPRC2

Ya think, Hoyer?

QB Brian Hoyer: "It just didn't go well for me. I made some bad decisions that really hurt the team."

Hoyer: "I picked the wrong time to have the worst game. It's tough. Own up to it and learn from it. Embarassing."

Hoyer: "I need to be better then that. That's the bottom line. Just a lack of execution. I didn't want to come out of that game."

Adam Wexler ‏@awexler
Hoyer said, "I don't think it had anything to do with nerves. Just lack of execution really." #Texans

Weeden said he was warming up because they talked about his entering game, but Hoyer wanted to finish. "Can't blame him," he said. #Texans

Michael David Smith ‏@MichaelDavSmith
Brian Hoyer: First postseason QB with less than 150 yards, 0 TD, 4 INT since Kerry Collins in the Super Bowl 35 loss to the Ravens.

SportsRadio 610 ‏@SportsRadio610
Brian Hoyer Disappointed: "I have to go back and watch the film, but I think I made some bad decisions that hurt the team."

So the last Texan to utterly hand the opposing a team the win in the playoffs was chased off and signed by that opposing team. Does the same thing happen to Hoyer, will Hoyer be a chief next season?

"I owe it to (the team) to do everything I can to be a better player next time I step onto the field." - Brian Hoyer. #Texans

Aaron Wilson ‏@AaronWilson_NFL
Brian Hoyer 'it's disappointing it's embarrassing I owed it to my teammates to play through it you man up and own up to it'

Hoyer: "It might be one of the worst parts of my career." #Texans

Hoyer: "There's no one who feels lower than I do." #Texans

Adam Wexler ‏@awexler
"Bad things happen in life, obviously in my football career, I'll learn from it & try to get better," #Texans Hoyer.

Hoyer: "Have to learn from the mistakes. Have to look yourself in the mirror. Trust me, nobody will be more critical of this then I will."

Anyone want to take on Hoyer's challenge?

No, I don't wish we had Mallett. Even making that comment shows he's an immature asshole.
Agreed. A professional doesn't act like an immature jerk or needlessly burn bridges like that. Probably a fake account, though, doesn't seem to be verified.

It wasn't Hoyer that cost us the game. It was BoB, for not replacing Hoyer. If I started him at all I would have done it after the 1st series, when H. missed an open receiver by several yards.

the texans are making money anyway irregardless of the three ring circus out there today. the only thing I know is that McNair will start sending out invoices for next year's season tickets before you got time to take a crap.

Been scratching my head. My wife and sister in law have been screaming for Weeden since the 2nd qtr. Why didn;t our qg guru obrien take out Hoyer later in the game? I really don't have a logical answer.

Because when you're obsessed with being right........
images

It was evident that when Daniels ended up on the inactive list and Weeden wasn't given a single practice rep, that O'Brien was going to make the Texans live or die with Hoyer alone.

I hate to call for someone to lose their job, but Hoyer doesn't need to be on this team next year, not even as a backup. He isn't the only reason the team loss but he is a major factor, right up there with how good KC played on all sides of the ball. It seems like whenever they were near EITHER goal line, Hoyer loss the ball.

chiefs fans doing their chant in our house, hurts my soul

Fair weather fans. Same thing happened when Green Bay beat us and on national TV. Epic failure from the kickoff.

My best friend punched a douchebag chefs fan after the 1994 game for running his mouth all the way from the top level to the parking lot. He finally just snapped.

Well that was mature.

Been scratching my head. My wife and sister in law have been screaming for Weeden since the 2nd qtr. Why didn;t our qg guru obrien take out Hoyer later in the game? I really don't have a logical answer.

Because O'Brien had already apologized to the team for pulling Hoyer too soon in week one. If he pulled him this game he would have looked worse than he already does. Were it me, I would have pulled Hoyer for Weeden at the start of the 2nd half because I want to win, not coddle players feelings.

FTR: I don't think that is the real Mallet Twitter account that tweeted out "You wish you had me now?" Real Mallett account was @Ryan_Mallett15 but I think he shut it down after being cut from Texans.

"I owe it to (the team) to do everything I can to be a better player next time I step onto the field." - Brian Hoyer. #Texans

Aaron Wilson ‏@AaronWilson_NFL
Brian Hoyer 'it's disappointing it's embarrassing I owed it to my teammates to play through it you man up and own up to it'

Hoyer: "It might be one of the worst parts of my career." #Texans

Hoyer: "There's no one who feels lower than I do." #Texans

Adam Wexler ‏@awexler
"Bad things happen in life, obviously in my football career, I'll learn from it & try to get better," #Texans Hoyer.

Hoyer: "Have to learn from the mistakes. Have to look yourself in the mirror. Trust me, nobody will be more critical of this then I will."

Anyone want to take on Hoyer's challenge?
I wonder how many times in his 8 years he has used these same words.

Fair weather fans. Same thing happened when Green Bay beat us and on national TV. Epic failure from the kickoff.

Well that was mature.

Because O'Brien had already apologized to the team for pulling Hoyer too soon in week one. If he pulled him this game he would have looked worse than he already does. Were it me, I would have pulled Hoyer for Weeden at the start of the 2nd half because I want to win, not coddle players feelings.

FTR: I don't think that is the real Mallet Twitter account that tweeted out "You wish you had me now?" Real Mallett account was @Ryan_Mallett15 but I think he shut it down after being cut from Texans

Agree on all points.

I still think calling Watt and Wilfork in there, naked backfield, was horrible. I mean, where does anyone think the play is going??? This, against a defense that was stuffing our attempts at establishing a run.

Anyway. I'm guessing tomorrow Hoyer will be driving his red Cadillac wondering about that damned helicopter that seems to be following him wherever he goes.

Bullshit. We lost this game because O'Brien is a hard headed ass hole. Hoyer should have been yanked early. It never should get to the point where the home team is cheering when their "starter" gets hurt. Didn't happen today, bit had Hoyer got hurt, there would have been cheering because OB would have been forced to sit Hoyer.

& Nate Washington & Cecil Shorts shouldn't have gotten as many snaps as they did. No catching WRs. I haven't seen Mumphrey drop a ball yet & good **** happens when you throw the ball at Strong.

When Alex Smith runs for 55 yards... you know there's a little quit on your playoff team.

Wow I said we lost because of QB play, damn pretty sure that is nearly what your entire rant is about. Yes OB is to blame for keeping Hoyer in. Plus play calling was horrible.

Earlier in the season, someone on this forum was posting video with all of the Texans passing attempts in each game. Any chance that can be done for this game? Would be interesting to review just exactly how bad Hoyer really was today.

Back