Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

The Official Half Assed Chiefs @ Texans Wildcard Playoffs Gameday Thread

Uncle Rico

Ur apology should be as loud as Ur disrespect was
Christ, I havent felt this bad after a loss in quite some time.

So did all the die hards that said going to the playoffs was better than missing them get their wish? Better to make it and get embarrassed than to miss and not even get a chance right? Superbowl chances if 'we can just get past the chiefs' ... great way to end the season.

See yall in April.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Look on the bright side the ending of the Steelers v Bengals game will make all the national media forget about how badly the Texans played today.
We got blown out, but we didn't play badly. Our QB played poorly, but through 3 qtrs, we were beating them in just about every category, except score. I know that's the only stat that matters, but our offense played as well as KC's offense against our defense. Just like we thought they would.

Our defense was brilliant for the most part four turnovers in the first half & the Chiefs only scored 6 points on offense. Alfred Blue stepped it up, which means our OL held their own. This game was torpedoed by one man.

Bill O'Brien.

First mistake... replacing Bullock with a guy who can't consistently put the ball through the end zone.
2nd mistake... after 17 weeks of watching these guys play, he has two WRs who've shown they can't catch higher on the depth chart than two that seems like they catch every thing.
3rd mistake... while Blue stepped it up unless he was hurt during the season, that's 17 weeks with clear evidence that the run game should be centered around Johnathan Grimes & Akeem Hunt.
4th mistake... in the second meeting between our team & the KC Chiefs T. Kelce was not checked at the line once. He was allowed a free release on every snap.
5th mistake.. leaving Brian Hoyer in the game. I understand letting your QB work through things. But 3 ints & a fumble in the first half. The rest of the team working their butts off to extend their season. After that almost interception in the first drive of the 2nd half, there's no excuse for not doing what's best for the team. You start seeing quit seep in from that point forward on both sides of the ball.

ObsiWan

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Isn't O'Brien constantly, ceaselessly preaching "Team First"?
As TK just pointed out, how the hell is leaving a guy, who obviously doesn't "have it" putting the good of the team first???
Someone explain that to me please.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
Isn't O'Brien constantly, ceaselessly preaching "Team First"?
As TK just pointed out, how the hell is leaving a guy, who obviously doesn't "have it" putting the good of the team first???
Someone explain that to me please.
Because of a bone headed decision to change up the entire season's practice habits and not let your backup have any preparation at all kinda limits the options. He totally screwed this up, either by letting Godsey, Hoyer or a combo of the two control the biggest week of his coaching career or by being a dumbass trying to overthink things

Uncle Rico

Ur apology should be as loud as Ur disrespect was
I also cant help but think how the team would have done with Fitzpatrick as QB in this game.

Nitrofish

Let The Big Fish Eat!
I'll say this...Brian Hoyer had a terrible game and he knows it (admitted to it on Twitter) but the behavior of some of the fans is appalling at best. Calling him expletives and going to Twitter and ranting is behavior most appropriate for Browns fans. (Texans Fans Go On Anti-Brian Hoyer Rampage On Social Media Yesterday | Daily Snark)
Oh give me a break. Was he expecting a trail of rose pedals leading to a hot bath with candles burning? He probably needed security to leave the stadium. Is it childish? Of course, but how anyone can go on a "rampage" on Twitter is beyond me. The media always looking to stir the pot. Was poor little Brian's feelings hurt? Awwwww... poor baby. Hey Hoyer, keep your head down for a while and stay off Twitter you idiot.

JCTexan

Hall of Fame
I'll say this...Brian Hoyer had a terrible game and he knows it (admitted to it on Twitter) but the behavior of some of the fans is appalling at best. Calling him expletives and going to Twitter and ranting is behavior most appropriate for Browns fans. (Texans Fans Go On Anti-Brian Hoyer Rampage On Social Media Yesterday | Daily Snark)
As fans, that type of **** is inexcusable and shows no class. I'm pissed at Hoyer and I definitely hope he's not Qb'ing for us next year but to go on twitter and tell the guy to kill himself is a POS move.

brg88tx

Waterboy
yall see that pathetic "attempted tackle" from jonathan joseph on that big play from kelce? what a poontang. he was scared of contact.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
yall see that pathetic "attempted tackle" from jonathan joseph on that big play from kelce? what a poontang. he was scared of contact.
Did you see the one where Jjo picked him up & flipped him over his head? Body slam really.

Malloy

Hall of Fame
Christ, I havent felt this bad after a loss in quite some time.

So did all the die hards that said going to the playoffs was better than missing them get their wish? Better to make it and get embarrassed than to miss and not even get a chance right? Superbowl chances if 'we can just get past the chiefs' ... great way to end the season.

See yall in April.
At least now it should be glaringly obvious to everyone that we need to do SOMETHING at the QB position. That's what we got out of it.... :)

Sigma

Veteran
At least now it should be glaringly obvious to everyone that we need to do SOMETHING at the QB position. That's what we got out of it.... :)
Yeah, if we missed the playoffs by a very small margin that wouldn't have been enough to close the door on hoyer
Let's hope that humiliation on national level will be enough :)

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Sad part of it, is that I really didn't expect a lot out of Hoyer. I joked about 5 TDs, but I think we all know that was a joke.

I just didn't think it would get that bad that fast.