Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK & REPLACEMENT thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Knowing our luck, McNair's going to wait until the end of the season to fire Kubiak. Kubiak is suddenly going to pull a miracle and win out almost the rest of his games this season. McNair gives Kubiak a second chance, extends him for another 10 years, and Kubiak proceeds to suck once again.

Knowing our luck, McNair's going to wait until the end of the season to fire Kubiak. Kubiak is suddenly going to pull a miracle and win out almost the rest of his games this season. McNair gives Kubiak a second chance, extends him for another 10 years, and Kubiak proceeds to suck once again.

McNair WILL wait until the end of the season to fire Kubiak, even if they go 2-14.

And that's a big IF at best. I don't know if some of you have been keeping up with current events, but he had a stroke on national television. In McNair's mind, he'd come off looking like a douch firing him this season. That stroke was a 1 year get-out-of-jail free card.

And in the past, what is the biggest reason, or excuse, that he comes up with, as a reason to hang on to Kubiak? INJURIES

Like my old high school geometry teacher would always tell me whenever I'd score a 40 or below on one of his pop quizzes ....

"Cheer up! Things are about to get whole lot worse!" ;)

bob plzzz fire Rick smith has well we need a clean reset

HOw can u not be sure about rick hes made to many errors

I don't know about that, I think we're under-utilizing Marciano and I'd be very interested to see what kind of magic he could work as the HC. :fingergun:

Dude! I'd pay good money to see that guy wearing Jack Pardee's old headset on the sidelines and holding a Denny's menu (but not a laminated fold out of plays.... an actual Denny's menu) and trying to call a game. I can see the 1,000 yard "Where did I park my car?" Dom Capers stare even now.

Dude! I'd pay good money to see that guy wearing Jack Pardee's old headset on the sidelines and holding a Denny's menu (but not a laminated fold out of plays.... an actual Denny's menu) and trying to call a game. I can see the 1,000 yard "Where did I park my car?" Dom Capers stare even now.

10843_1181877185878_219099_n_zps897409e9.jpg

I am kinda thinking the " Texan Way (TM) " will go as this. There will not be any" firing" However Kubiak will be allowed to step down due to medical reasons.

Wade will be allowed to step down so he can spend time with his family.

:joker:

This was just forwarded to me, not sure of the source but hopefully we'll hear something concrete soon.

https://twitter.com/johngranato/statuses/402510612699545600#

Not sure how I feel about this. I want Kubiak gone but whats the point in releasing him mid-season? Im assuming Wade will take over and honestly, I would rather have Kubiak in there to finish off the season instead of Wade. I guess it doesn't really matter in the end. As long as hes gone.

Why? Are we paying out the nose for bandwidth for one more thread? A lot of people didn't see it, myself included. You keep merging threads and info gets lost in the shuffle. Especially with updates on a different level than "I want kubiak gone!"

This.

And that's a big IF at best. I don't know if some of you have been keeping up with current events, but he had a stroke on national television. In McNair's mind, he'd come off looking like a douch firing him this season. That stroke was a 1 year get-out-of-jail free card.

It would be a get out jail free card if Kubiak would have done the wise thing and taken off the rest of the season. Instead, he jumped right back into the pressure cooker.

Andy Reid's son died at Philly's training camp last year and that didn't help him any.

Not sure how I feel about this. I want Kubiak gone but whats the point in releasing him mid-season? Im assuming Wade will take over and honestly, I would rather have Kubiak in there to finish off the season instead of Wade. I guess it doesn't really matter in the end. As long as hes gone.

Fire both.

Lmao, you aren't even allowed to talk about other coaches in the bullpen section at the "official" boards. I just got a 50 pt infraction from "dbruder44".

A romper room setting, caters to the pre-teen crowd, discourages instead of encourages discussion.

Question is, how often does McNair meet with minority owners? and could this just be a mid season update meeting? and nothing more?

The idea of McNair meeting with minority owners illustrates the very different yet valid real-world perspectives on benching Keenum.

Coach's perspective: Strategy is prioritized. Schaub is familiar with some offensive packages that can answer the Raiders' blitzes, and gives the offense the best chance to win. This is evidenced by successful ball movement.

Owner/minority owner's perspective: Marketing is prioritized. Matt Schaub the player is a toxic brand, and his onfield presence contaminates the Texans brand. This is evidenced by the scores of booing fans who walk out in the 3rd quarter.

Player's perspective: Morale is prioritized. There was a time when Matt Schaub was a great QB, and the team loyally followed him. But that era is over, and the onfield presence of Schaub prevents the players from psychologically moving forward. This is evidenced by the uncharacteristic blowup of your franchise player.

Kubiak wasn't hired to be a promoter or to be sensitive to marketing repercussions. And the fact that he was in a booth prevented him from talking to his players and minimizing some morale repercussions. Tough situation all around.

did u just not hear the players and I quote " It does not matter who is QB "

Who ever is in there Matt case of TJ I gotta do my job and do everything I can do to help him and WIN

Lmao, you aren't even allowed to talk about other coaches in the bullpen section at the "official" boards. I just got a 50 pt infraction from "dbruder44".

So, they don't know how to spell the coach's name on the official board?

"....we will not tolerate continued disregard for the TEXANS Only rule in the bullpen regarding Kubiack and the next few days, weeks, months or years......"

It looks like it won't happen now, but I was hoping the Giants would keep tanking and Coughlin would get the axe. I wouldn't mind him as our next HC.

Coughlin? That guy would infuriate you guys more than Kubiak. Guaranteed.

All the Giants fan I know have had enough of that guy.

I wouldn't mind someone in the Coughlin MOLD, but he himself? Eh. Big fat meh.

He's more than welcome to infuriate me to 2 Lombardi Trophy's.

Sure. You know how lucky the Giants had to be both years they won, though? They didn't exactly win because they were the best team in the league. And don't get me wrong, luck matters a whole lot and you don't have to be the best team to win the Super Bowl. I just have a hard time relying on luck to carry us anywhere, given our history.

Sure. You know how lucky the Giants had to be both years they won, though? They didn't exactly win because they were the best team in the league. And don't get me wrong, luck matters a whole lot and you don't have to be the best team to win the Super Bowl. I just have a hard time relying on luck to carry us anywhere, given our history.

Likewise; Coughlin's two Superbowl wins, as insane as it sounds, are good examples of how football repels the idea of advanced statistics.

Coughlin is also a humongous ******* that is even more conservative about using rookie talent than any exaggeration about Kubiak.

You're actually making some very strong points, but with your history of making excuses for KUbiak and constantly wanting him to drive this ship is very conflicting with this stance. The only way we were ever going to win anything under Kubiak was going to be with luck. Hell, the mere fact that we ever got to the playoffs with KUbiak was major luck considering the fact that we had to get a 3rd DC hired by the owner to transform the defense around in one season just to accomplish that. I don't think that people really comprehend that. Kubiak has never taken this team anywhere. It was Wade's defense that turned this team around temporarily.

Coughlin has had some nice success on those runs and he is the opposite of Kubiak from an accountability standpoint, but he is so old now and I wouldn't want to go down that road at this point. He'll be back with the Giants next season any way.

I think if McNair was going to dump Kubiak he would have done it by now. Which doesn't mean he won't at the end of this horrid season, but I think we're stuck with Kubiak the rest of the season. Hopefully McNair and his "front office" is already talking replacement strategy.

I think if McNair was going to dump Kubiak he would have done it by now. Which doesn't mean he won't at the end of this horrid season, but I think we're stuck with Kubiak the rest of the season. Hopefully McNair and his "front office" is already talking replacement strategy.

You'd think that Kubiak is as done as a coach can be, but with Mcnair you just never know. Kubiak could be back to pick a new QB in the draft to get another chance at a new regime. Sounds crazy, but it's really not. Mcnair has the same attachment to Kubiak as Kubiak has to Schaub.

my shortlist for HC next year:
Mike Zimmer (DC - Benagls)
David Shaw (HC - stanford)
Greg Roman (OC - 49ers)
Lovie Smith (former bears HC)

I'm sorry, but dudes named "Lovie" shouldn't be anywhere near the NFL. The guy needs a name change or something.

If he can bring the wins, he can be called "Princess" for all I care. Just as long as next season our HC isn't named Gary or Wade. I'm sure I will be happy, at least for a little while.

I don't think they will get rid of Gary in the middle of the season. That would look just to cold hearted - esp after the collapse in the middle of a game a couple of weeks ago.

We can only hope that come Monday after our last game, they will clean house and get rid of both Gary and Wade.

I'm sorry, but dudes named "Lovie" shouldn't be anywhere near the NFL. The guy needs a name change or something.

His name is Lovie cause his parents just knew he was going to be a girl . When the apple came out with a stem , they decided , what the hell we''ll stay with Lovie .

And he said: "Son, this world is rough
And if a man's gonna make it, he's gotta be tough
And I knew I wouldn't be there to help ya along.
So I give ya that name and I said goodbye
I knew you'd have to get tough or die
And it's the name that helped to make you strong."

Where are you getting that Hopkins is calling out Kubiak?

Head coach Gary Kubiak said he sat the young rookie first-rounder because of a few mistakes, mistakes Kubiak thought the team shouldn’t make. But on Thursday, Hopkins said one missed assignment sent him to the bench.

“It was one route that I messed up on,” said Hopkins, who had just one catch for seven yards against the Raiders. “I guess I didn’t have that much room to mess up on, so one play got me benched.”

Hopkins played 46 of 73 offensive snaps and did get back into the game after he was out for a while. But the 21-year-old didn’t like being out of the game.

“I wasn’t too happy because I’m a competitive person,” he said. “I like to be out on the field. It wasn’t a happy feeling.”

http://www.csnhouston.com/football-houston-texans/talk/hopkins-one-play-got-me-benched

Where are you getting that Hopkins is calling out Kubiak?

I'm not sure it's calling anyone out, but a few comments from him yesterday

(on if Sunday was the first time he had been benched for mistakes) “Yes.”

(on what kind of mistakes he made in the game) “It was a MA (missed assignment) on a play. That’s it. It was one route that I messed up on. I guess I didn’t have that much room to mess up on, so one play got me benched.”

(on if they’ve been working on their red zone offense) “We’ve worked on it the same each week. We don’t press it more than the different. I know we haven’t had the success in the red zone, but we’re going in looking at it as the same.”

I think that's where Kubiak spit the bit . Tate fumbles and is banished , Hopkins misses an assignment and is benched , Schaub throws four pick 6's and doesn't get one splinter . It took an injury to get him out of there .

Case starts vs the colts and slings the ball all over the yard . In the middle of Case's performance , Schaub warms up on the sidelines like some kid who wants his pa to put him back in now .

I think that's where Kubiak spit the bit . Tate fumbles and is banished , Hopkins misses an assignment and is benched , Schaub throws four pick 6's and doesn't get one splinter . It took an injury to get him out of there .

Case starts vs the colts and slings the ball all over the yard . In the middle of Case's performance , Schaub warms up on the sidelines like some kid who wants his pa to put him back in now .

It is very confusing.. yet we keep sending Bryce Mccain back on the field as well..

To me it sounds like Hopkins is voicing his displeasure.

He's emphasizing that he messed up on one play. And bam, he's yanked. Then he adds on that he guesses his rope wasn't that long.

Who has made tons of mistakes? Didn't get benched for performsnce? And then was brought back into the game just for ****s sake?

It's curious that kubiak would pull one of the top weapons from the game while case is in, and then re-insert hop when Schaub came in. Have newtonnoutbthere for case and have Harris out there for the game losing drive Schaub constructed. I don't trust Gar. And I think some of the players are starting to doubt him too. He's pissed away the season fooling around with Schaub.

(on if they’ve been working on their red zone offense) “We’ve worked on it the same each week. We don’t press it more than the different. I know we haven’t had the success in the red zone, but we’re going in looking at it as the same.”

WFT? Working on it the same each week. Can Gary be any more stubborn?

He really doesn't have answers.

Please fire Kubiak today. Please. I'm gonna have to up my meds if it doesn't happen.

I should probably go ahead and leave a message to my shrinks office while I'm thinking of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back