Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK & REPLACEMENT thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that they are frauds this year. They haven't beat anybody and were beat soundly tonight, IMO.

That said.....the Chiefs are a QB away from being a SB contender. Reid walked into a fantastic situation there. They have a great defense, a great running game, and a good O-Line.

Reid did a great job upgrading the QB position in the offseason (Brady Quinn/Matt Cassell to Alex Smith) but that took them from struggling team to good team. They won't take the next step until they get better at QB.

Sound familiar?

They're probably a QB and a receiver or two away from a SB. Sounds VERY familiar. I wonder if they're going to have an utterly shameful meltdown a year or two from now.

Going into the DEN-KC game yesterday, the teams had a combined 1 win against teams with a winning record. Meaning Denver and KC have been playing some pretty crappy teams to be where they're both at this year. Although I think Denver is more legit than KC right now. KC is just a fraud waiting to be exposed.

bring it back

firekub.jpg

Oh it's back. It's been back but now it's back until he's gone.

Lo there do I see Dom Capers, Lo there do I see Gary Kubiak, their players and their assistant coaches , Lo there do I see the line of Houston Texans, back to the beginning. Lo, they do call us wishy-washy fans out, they bid us take our place among them, in the halls of Reliant Stadium, on the brown grass trays, where the mediocre may coach and play forever!

:kubepalm:

Oh it's back. It's been back but now it's back until he's gone.

Lo there do I see Dom Capers, Lo there do I see Gary Kubiak, their players and their assistant coaches , Lo there do I see the line of Houston Texans, back to the beginning. Lo, they do call us wishy-washy fans out, they bid us take our place among them, in the halls of Reliant Stadium, on the brown grass trays, where the mediocre may coach and play forever!

:kubepalm:

13thWarrior.jpg

Hard to hurt McNair financially when most of seats are season tickets.

The only way to show displeasure is to BUY NOTHING while in stadium.
There are water fountains if you are thirsty. I don't think can bring in food but you may be able to bring in an empty water bottle. If you go to game do not buy anything.

We only have two home games remaining.

From a business perspective, Keenum has the value of built-in customer loyalty in Houston. For that reason alone, Bob would want Keenum starting during a losing season. If the team can't win, at least the fans can cheer on the hometown hero. Kubiak doesn't appreciate that reason, so now there's a broader schism between him and the owner. Despite what move would actually improve the win/loss record, benching Keenum right now will be enough to get Kubiak fired.

The best marketing move that Bob can make right now is to assure fans that Keenum will start if they show up to root for him.

Not sure how much water this holds, but thought I'd share anyways

John Granato ‏@johngranato 52m
Bob McNair called a meeting for minority owners. Consensus: Kubiak has to go. They weren't sure about Rick Smith. Will he listen to them?

Full Tweet:

Bob McNair called a meeting for minority owners. Consensus: Kubiak has to go. They weren't sure about Rick Smith. Will he listen to them?

this part scares me. sounds like they are too cheap to eat the 3yrs left on his contract.

So Gary Kubiak is going to take the fall for this season? I really feel Rick Smith, above all, is the problem. He's done a poor job managing the salary cap - overpaying players to long-term contracts who either underperformed (Schaub) or have lingering and unlucky health concerns (Foster, Cushing). Add to that, we may have dropped the ball in the last draft. I'm not seeing a lot of positive returns with the exception of D.J. Swearinger (the kid has promise), but even DeAndre Hopkins has been disappointing after a big Week 2 against the Titans.

Leaks are springing all over the place from the organization that had some pretty well insulated pipes.

Change is upon us!

This report may very well be true but huh? When has Granato been a wellspring of information? The guy barely has a passing knowledge of football.

I thought the same thing. That's why I questioned how much water it held when I posted it in the Kubiak thread, which is probably where it should be imo

good lord we can only hope this is true. they have to get rid of rick smith. if they dont, the next head coach we get will be playing GM again.

This report may very well be true but huh? When has Granato been a wellspring of information? The guy barely has a passing knowledge of football.

You don't need a passing knowledge of football to be a reporter, just well connected. John has always been that way. I remember him mentioning Crane making a run for the Astros way before it was ever official.

You don't need a passing knowledge of football to be a reporter, just well connected. John has always been that way. I remember him mentioning Crane making a run for the Astros way before it was ever official.

I guess I had to state the obvious - ON FOOTBALL. Having Astros connections means nothing for any other sport.

Full Tweet:

this part scares me. sounds like they are too cheap to eat the 3yrs left on his contract.

Wow...and to think I was just kidding when I posted this today.

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2252990&postcount=121

Looks to me like the "woe is me" fans still remember the Oilers years pretty well. If I'm right, then we see a lot of similarities between the bad soap opera that is this season and can compare it to pretty much all of their seasons.

Most years were bad, but even during the good years, our drunk idiot of an owner fired good coaches, traded good players, and hired coaches that punch each other during games. The owner we have now gets worse results using just the opposite tactic. This guy needs to call a board meeting and waits for the quarterly stockholder vote before he'll get rid of bad players or can bad coaches.

Oiler fans always knew the other shoe was going to drop. We knew the Oilers would always choke in the playoffs just like we knew Kubiak would defy common sense and put Schab back in at some point. Within the scope of Houston sports history, there's been more bad years than good. This season is just a return to form in epic fail fashion.

Make no mistake, there is some Oiler-style drama going on this season. Can't wait to see what the seaon-ending cliffhanger's going to be.

If this is what the meeting's about, then I wonder how many other NFL owners do it this way. My guess is zero.

I don't get this "we can only hope for it to be true" crap. Kubiak is getting fired. That much is clear. Nobody loses 8 games in a row and keeps their job. Even if we won the last six games to finish 8-8, Kubiak will be gone.

Use your brains.

I don't get this "we can only hope for it to be true" crap. Kubiak is getting fired. That much is clear. Nobody loses 8 games in a row and keeps their job. Even if we won the last six games to finish 8-8, Kubiak will be gone.

Use your brains.

Yeah but we want him gone today :doot:

I've wanted to see Rick Smith gone along with Kubiak but to be honest I don't think that's necessarily a "must have" right out of the gate.

Before I would say that I'd like to see in what way (if in any way) Smith conducts the teams business without Kubiak's input. What do things look like with Rick Smith as his own man?

Right now we don't like him because of some of the moves the Texans have made but at the same time we don't know what prompted those moves or from where they originated. We make a lot of noise about how in this organization the head coach hired the GM and how that's backwards. Lets see what happens when the GM is freed from that connection.

It may very well come out to be the same situation and he may have to go in the end but I'd be willing to see what a year of new HC plus Rick Smith as GM (but knowing that he's on notice) looks like if it meant finally getting rid of Gary and Garyball.

I've wanted to see Rick Smith gone along with Kubiak but to be honest I don't think that's necessarily a "must have" right out of the gate.

Before I would say that I'd like to see in what way (if in any way) Smith conducts the teams business without Kubiak's input. What do things look like with Rick Smith as his own man?

Right now we don't like him because of some of the moves the Texans have made but at the same time we don't know what prompted those moves or from where they originated. We make a lot of noise about how in this organization the head coach hired the GM and how that's backwards. Lets see what happens when the GM is freed from that connection.

It may very well come out to be the same situation and he may have to go in the end but I'd be willing to see what a year of new HC plus Rick Smith as GM (but knowing that he's on notice) looks like if it meant finally getting rid of Gary and Garyball.

If Smith stays my money is on Sumlin coming . Why ... Sumlin was at Purdue from 1983-86 and Smith was there right after .

If Smith stays my money is on Sumlin coming . Why ... Sumlin was at Purdue from 1983-86 and Smith was there right after .

May very well be. I have no real problem with that and I'm not saying that I particularly want Smith to stay. I'm just saying if Gary out the door and Rick on a short lease is the best I can get then I'm in. I just think that short leash has to be real. No waiting 5 more years or some BS to make sure that works.

Said it once, I'll say it again. I'll believe it when I see it.

Not that I don't hope Kubiak is outa here though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back