Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

The All Encompassing FIRE KUBIAK & REPLACEMENT thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Almost sounds like he is about to cry. Honestly, this job
might be too much for his health concers right now.

I like the guy as a person, and it's hard to hear this..

TJ

Sorry if this has already been said, I didn't read all 11 pages.

What if we hired Kevin Sumlin as our new coach...

Then, how weird would it be if/when we get a top 10 pick and we use it on Manziel (assuming Case doesn't work out). We would have a rebuilt NFL team with Sumlin's last 2 protege QBs on it to get started with.

First time I have heard the "I'm the Coach and you're not" attitude.

Yeah, I heard that from him too. The question I would have asked him: "Are you saying you saw no benefit in getting Keenum some in-game experience in the hurry up offense?" It just makes no sense not to see what Keenum could do in a hurry up since he ran it pretty commonly at UH.

NE's DC intrigues me. Not saying that he is the guy, but I would probably bring him in for an interview.

Saban in no way shape or form will ever leave Alabama. They worship the ground he walks on over their. And he just got a fat raise.

This. Saban is This Close || to having "The Bear" climb up out of his grave and anoint him the chosen one. One more national championship and I'm heading for Tuscaloosa to see it happen.

Lmao, you aren't even allowed to talk about other coaches in the bullpen section at the "official" boards. I just got a 50 pt infraction from "dbruder44".

Originally Posted by dbruder44 Please NOTE the 10 page thread in the NFL section (Who do you want as our next coach) Please place you coaching replacement thoughts there, we will not tolerate continued disregard for the TEXANS Only rule in the bullpen regarding Kubiack and the next few days, weeks, months or years. Until the Texans publically express interest in other coaching candidate their names are to not be in the bullpen.

Does New England even have a defense?
Matt Patricia
Has called defensive plays since 2010
9th in points per game allowed last year, 7th this year

Since moving to coach the Patriots on defense in 2006, the team has finished in the top-10 in fewest points allowed in six of his seven seasons coaching on defense. Patricia has also helped the Patriots lead the NFL in turnover differential in 2012 (+25) and 2010 (+28) and finished first in the AFC in 2011 (+17). The plus-28 turnover differential in 2010 is tied with the 2011 San Francisco 49ers for second highest single-season differential in the NFL since 1970.

http://www.patriots.com/team/coaches/matt-patricia/462479c0-64da-493e-b84b-99a7ae6f6735

Who's denvers oc? Pep Hamilton I believe...him or Sumlin. Though the "Texas angle" might not work the way we'd like if dallas cans Garrett.

Read a solid article on potential firings vs coaching prospects. And the firings could all be big market locations or places with history on their side.

Ny g
Ny j
Wash
Dallas

I think we're gonna have 2 pay a ransom to get who we want.

Who's denvers oc? Pep Hamilton I believe...him or Sumlin. Though the "Texas angle" might not work the way we'd like if dallas cans Garrett.

Read a solid article on potential firings vs coaching prospects. And the firings could all be big market locations or places with history on their side.

Ny g
Ny j
Wash
Dallas

i dont want anyone associated with manning, too hard to judge their actual ability with a manning led offense. i still like ray horton. the guy who led the steelers secondary to super bowls, who transformed the cardinals defense into a good one and now who took the browns defense to the next level....id love to see what he can do as hc for our defense

that means we need an up and comer for oc though

Ny g
Ny j
Wash
Dallas

I'm sure it's a challenge that the 5th most valuable team in the NFL is up to.

sUHuY16.jpg

0fc.gif

i dont want anyone associated with manning, too hard to judge their actual ability with a manning led offense. i still like ray horton. the guy who led the steelers secondary to super bowls, who transformed the cardinals defense into a good one and now who took the browns defense to the next level....id love to see what he can do as hc for our defense

that means we need an up and comer for oc though

I like Horton also. I had him listed in the original thread but I have no idea where that is. This thread broke off of that one somewhere along the way after being moved around. But I'm with you on Horton. He seems to get a lot out of his players.

Pep Hamilton is Indy's OC and comes to the NFL from Stanford HC after Harbaugh.

Adam Gase is Denver's OC this year.

Opps...yeah your right.

Really I just want a badazz for a coach...this lets be everyone's best friend bs doesnt work. I want a coach who will lose a gasket when necessary and make the players pee themselves. If we have to get another "aww shucks" hc at least gimme a badazz coordinator.

I'd prefer an offensive hc personally.

Pep Hamilton is Indy's OC and comes to the NFL from Stanford HC after Harbaugh.

Adam Gase is Denver's OC this year.

:fingergun: oops.....i knew i remembered his name....i will also add, i dont want anyone who made their career off Luck....same as Manning

BUT david shaw intrigues me because his offense is still great without luck.

I like Horton also. I had him listed in the original thread but I have no idea where that is. This thread broke off of that one somewhere along the way after being moved around. But I'm with you on Horton. He seems to get a lot out of his players.

they merged it with this one and then recreated it i think......:thisbig:

horton has been gold this decade and with offenses becoming more and more creative, i think we need a hc who can keep our defense on pace

I told y'all he was a goner... his only hope to stay on was the development of Keenum. When he pulled the plug on him Sunday he looked completey indecisive and incompetent and he ended up pulling the plug on his life support. The outburst of Andre pretty much sealed his fate as well.

See ya later Kubes.

There was a thread on this yesterday. I believe it got merged with the "All encompassing fire Kubiak" thread..

"Lard Monkey" over at the Chronic also repeated a couple of times today in his weekly chat session (which I will never understand the appeal of.... and yet there I was following it. Someone help me! Please?) that this meeting did not happen. He claims that he checked with three minority owners (who will go unnamed) and that all of them deny that any meeting was held.

"Lard Monkey" over at the Chronic also repeated a couple of times today in his weekly chat session (which I will never understand the appeal of.... and yet there I was following it. Someone help me! Please?) that this meeting did not happen. He claims that he checked with three minority owners (who will go unnamed) and that all of them deny that any meeting was held.

Lard Monkey is such a douche isn't he? Like, ok, I'm a minority owner in the Houston Texans, and some ahole reporter asks me if I just had a meeting and said I wanted the head coach fired. I am 100% certain my response will not be "Yes, John McCrispyCreme, I did have a meeting with Bob McNair and tell him I want Kubiaverage fired."

Yeah, we had a thread on this yesterday, but it was merged into something unrelated and lost in the shuffle. I don't think Kubiak will be fired during the season, because we don't have a potential "HC in waiting." There are no special coordinators on this team that look like potential HC candidates, so we might as well let Kubiak drive the team bus off a cliff. I still say the only way we clean house completely is with more losses, so I'm hoping we continue to fail.

Yeah, we had a thread on this yesterday, but it was merged into something unrelated and lost in the shuffle. I don't think Kubiak will be fired during the season, because we don't have a potential "HC in waiting." There are no special coordinators on this team that look like potential HC candidates, so we might as well let Kubiak drive the team bus off a cliff. I still say the only way we clean house completely is with more losses, so I'm hoping we continue to fail.

I don't know about that, I think we're under-utilizing Marciano and I'd be very interested to see what kind of magic he could work as the HC. :fingergun:

Yeah. Old not news. To the bolded: Same place this will/should end up.

Why? Are we paying out the nose for bandwidth for one more thread? A lot of people didn't see it, myself included. You keep merging threads and info gets lost in the shuffle. Especially with updates on a different level than "I want kubiak gone!"

I vote that for the rest of the season a fan at random gets pulled out of the crowd gets handed the Denny's menu and told to call the plays.

Coach? Who needs a coach?

Why? Are we paying out the nose for bandwidth for one more thread? A lot of people didn't see it, myself included. You keep merging threads and info gets lost in the shuffle. Especially with updates on a different level than "I want kubiak gone!"

Except there have been no updates and won't be until Mcnair decides to fire Kubiak. At that point I would imagine a couple new threads would be started..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back