1 (9) Cincinnati - Cam Robinson - OT/OG, Alabama
2 (41) Cincinnati - Jarrad Davis - LB, Florida
3 (73) Cincinnati - Montravius Adams - DT, Auburn
4 (116) Cincinnati -Julie'n Davenport - OT, Bucknell

4 (138) Cincinnati - James Conner - RB, Pittsburgh
5 (153) Cincinnati - Kendell Beckwith - ILB, LSU
5 (176) Cincinnati - Taywan Taylor - WR, Western Kentucky
6 (193) Cincinnati - Jamaal Williams - RB, BYU

With the 204th pick in the TT Mock Draft the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Victor Salako OT Oklahoma St.

Big dude with good feet good in pass protection and above avg run blocker. Swing OT has value for Winston.

With the 207th pick in the TT Mock draft the Los Angeles Rams select Nathan Gerry, Safety, Nebraska

With the 208th pick the the TT Mock draft the NYGiants select
WR Mack Hollins North Carolina

mack-hollins-of-the-north-carolina-tar-heels-runs-with-the-ball-the-picture-id458277872

• 4.53 SEC 40

• 6'4"HEIGHT
  • 33 1/4"ARM LENGTH
  • 221LBS.WEIGHT
  • 9 3/4"HANDS
OVERVIEW

Hollins owned a python and boa during high school and bred African Cichlid fish -- a hobby most college football players wouldn't consider. Before he sets up his exotic pet store, however, he'll need to take a shot at becoming an NFL receiver. Hollins signed with Fork Union Military Academy out of high school, not because of grades or off-field issues, but because he wanted to be noticed by more schools in the recruiting process. It worked. He redshirted in Chapel Hill as a walk-on in 2012, then contributed on special teams (nine tackles) the following year, nearly leaving because he didn't yet have a scholarship. That changed soon, as Hollins garnered honorable mention All-ACC notice despite not starting a game as a sophomore (35-613, eight TD). He was a third-team all-conference pick in 2015, starting five of the last six contests (30-745, 24.8 per reception, eight TD). Unfortunately, he couldn't explode into the football stratosphere during his senior year due to a collarbone injury that required surgery (16-309, four TD in seven games).

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS

Will have a team drooling over his size and speed. Propels himself down the field with smooth, long strides. Chomps up cushion and glides past corners and safeties before they know what hit them. Legitimate vertical threat who finished with 20 touchdowns on just 71 catches. Dangerous run-after-catch ability in on deep crossing routes and slants. Former walk-on who still has a desire to do whatever it takes. Special teams captain all four years at school. Had 20 special teams tackles over his first three seasons and offers punt and kick cover value on special teams.

WEAKNESSES

Played less than 50 percent of the offensive snaps in every season. Primarily used to stretch the field and doesn't have experience with a variety of routes. Still very raw. One speed route-runner who wins with just speed. Routes need more purpose. Not a natural hands catcher. Never produced more than 35 catches in a single season. Play strength through his patterns is below average and he can be re-routed. Leggy in underneath work and can be slow in and out of his breaks. Stalk-blocker who needs to give much better effort in run game.

SOURCES TELL US

"What's strange is this kid is tall and fast so I don't know why he would have been so under recruited. I don't know if he will ever be more than a deep threat and cover guy but those kinds of players make teams." - AFC East scout

BOTTOM LINE

Hollins has four things that teams will look for on Day 3 of the draft -- height, weight, speed and special teams ability. Taller receivers usually need a longer runway for their build-up speed, but Hollins appears to be able to access his top gear relatively early which makes him such a dangerous deep threat considering his above average height. Hollins' ability to cover both punts and kicks should give him early work as he continues to learn the receiver position. Hollins has WR3 potential.-Lance Zierlein

Name: Mack Hollins

School: North Carolina

Position fit: Outside WR

Stats to know: 1,008 of Hollins’ 1,667 (over 60 percent) career receiving yards have come on passes more than 20 yards downfield. Averaged 20.6 yards per reception on his 81 catches.

What he does best:

• No matter what the 40 time says, Hollins can and will run right by defenders with a long stride and once he’s at full speed it’s hard for anyone to catch him.
  • Tracks the ball well, can catch over his shoulder without losing speed, but also showed the ability to catch underthrown contested balls by going up and high-pointing. Can adjust route if ball poorly placed.
  • Surprisingly strong and quick cuts on breaks of routes, doesn’t lose a lot of speed and doesn’t tip them often.
  • Can beat press coverage with a variety of moves. Plus if he beats press, he’s gone.
  • Catches with his hands, showed much improvement from 2015 to 2016 (6 drops on 36 targets to 1 drop on 17 targets).
  • Played every facet of special teams and was a captain, can contribute there right away for an NFL team.
Biggest concern:

• Not a big route variety. While he showed some nice breaks on in and out routes, he rarely ran them. Almost exclusively a “take the top off” receiver in college.
  • Didn’t show much after the catch in terms of making guys miss. Forced only three missed tackles in three years.
  • Not a lot of experience on contested jump balls. Doesn’t mean he can’t win those, just rarely saw them in college.
Player comparison: Mike Wallace, Baltimore Ravens

Few receivers had the straightaway speed of Wallace in his prime, but Hollins looks every bit the part. Wallace could run right past a defender, and if he caught it there was no catching him. Wallace was a raw route runner coming out of college, and while he improved, he’s always been a deep-threat receiver first and foremost. Hollins on the field looks very similar to early Wallace, except he’s taller.

Bottom line: Hollins is a big-time sleeper in this draft. Hardly anyone is talking about him but his tape is extremely impressive. He scored 20 touchdowns in three seasons at UNC, and 15 of them were on deep passes (20-plus yards in the air). Almost all of them looked the exact same, with Hollins blowing past a defender or two, catching it in stride and gliding into the end zone. He’s still a work in progress, as his route-running isn’t perfect. But his game speed and deep-threat ability is so off-the-charts on tape that he has the potential to be a very good NFL receiver. He also adds instant special teams impact, which teams should covet.

hollins-mack.png

Scouting Report:
Big play threat wide receiver with excellent top end speed. Is a receiver that can take the top off the defense, making the defense spread out in coverage. Good ball skills, but overall technique is raw. Special teams captain- highly competitive, and not afraid to engage in the blocking game. Needs to continue to develop his route running and overall technique, but his gifted athleticism will make him attractive to vertical passing teams.

With pick# 209 in the 2017 Texans Talk Mock Draft, Washington selects:

Javancy Jones - LB, Jackson State

636074564887465987-TCLBrd-11-07-2015-ClarionLedger-1-C004--2015-11-06-IMG-JSU70998-1-1-D4CFLMA2-L706117490-IMG-JSU70998-1-1-D4CFLMA2.jpg

Jones is a ferocious FCS LB who starred for 4 seasons in the SWAC. Can play outside or inside in the Skins 3-4. Love his aggression and all out effort.

\

Last 5 and next 5:

6 (205) Detroit - @thunderkyss - Jayon Brown - LB, UCLA
6 (206) LA Rams - @steelbtexan - Nathan Gerry -Safety, Nebraska
6 (207) NY Giants - @jradMIT - Mack Hollins - WR, North Carolina
6 (208) Oakland - @banned1976 - Sam Rogers -FB Virginia Tech
6 (209) Washington - @Lucky - Javancy Jones - LB, Jackson State
6 (210) Seattle - @TexansSeminole - Unavailable (Group Pick)
6 (211) Dallas - @Texansphan -
6 (212) Green Bay - @gs27 -
6 (213) Pittsburgh - @WolverineFan -
6 (214) Tennessee - @mussop -

Let's nominate someone for the Seahawks.

\

I will nominate a guy that is on my list, David Jones - S, Richmond. Jones missed most of last season due to a forearm injury, but had a great junior year and excellent pro day.

I will nominate a guy that is on my list, David Jones - S, Richmond. Jones missed most of last season due to a forearm injury, but had a great junior year and excellent pro day.

I watched highlights of this guy. It came down to Ferry or Jones for the Rams. It came down to familiarity for me and I took Gerry. Jones is rangy like Hooker. He would be a great pick. The type of guy I hope Ricky picks a guy like Jones in round 5 or so. He has real talent.

Via PM, @Texansphan and the Dallas Cowboys select:

Jarron Jones DT Notre Dame

Dallas adds some big beef on their front. This guy would have drafted much higher if it weren't for an MCL and a Lisfranc injury. If he reaches his potential, will definitely be a starter.

The 6-5, 315-pound Jones looked like the next big thing at Notre Dame until a torn MCL prior to the season ruined his 2015 campaign. Having already used his redshirt as a freshman, Jones gamely battled back, hoping to return in time to contribute. He sufficiently recovered enough to play a few snaps in the Fiesta Bowl loss only to suffer another injury - a stress fracture in his foot -- which limited his ability to practice this spring.
Battling back from injury, unfortunately, has become the story with Jones, who missed the final two games of the 2014 season due to a Lisfranc injury. Before sustaining the Lisfranc injury against Louisville in 2014, Jones had recorded 40 tackles, including 7.5 tackles for loss, 1.5 sacks and two blocked kicks.

STRENGTHS WEAKNESSES
STRENGTHS: Jones often lined up at defensive tackle for the Irish and certainly possesses the size and power to remain there at the next level. For a man of his size, Jones shows good initial quickness and flexibility to slip through gaps.

His best asset, however, is his power and length. Jones generates a powerful bull rush, showing impressive upper body strength as well as leg drive to push opponents into the backfield. Even when fending off blockers, Jones does a nice job of reaching out and lassoing ballcarriers, dragging them to the turf. Jones' long arms and good timing make him effective knocking down passes and kicks at the line of scrimmage.

The Packers select Corey Levin, OG, Chattanooga

The Packers still need an interior lineman and a RB. Jon Toth is the highest on my board but not a zone scheme fit. Levin is one of my top zone interior lineman in the draft. Problem is he has no experience at center and the pack lost their backup center in FA. Levin fits better as a potential RG so he is the pick.

I have a RB graded higher but 3 RBs that are still very closely bunched as potential targets. Since I have no other interior lineman graded close to Levin for a zone scheme, he is my selection. I will roll the dice one of my 3 are there in the 7th.

With pick #213 the Steelers select Josh Tupou - NT, Colorado

Not really sure why he's going so under the radar during the draft process. Yes he's a space eater only so his lack of versatility to pass rush and penetrate will drop him in the draft but he's just about the prototype you're looking for in a 3-4 NT. He's an absolute monster at the point of attack and almost impossible to move.

Last 5 and next 5:

6 (211) Dallas - @Texansphan - Jarron Jones - DT, Notre Dame
6 (212) Green Bay - @gs27 - Corey Levin - OG, Chattanooga
6 (213) Pittsburgh - @WolverineFan - Josh Tupou - NT, Colorado
6 (214) Tennessee - @mussop - Jake Eldrenkamp - OG, Washington
6 (215) Detroit - @thunderkyss - Jon Toth - C, Kentucky
6 (216) Kansas City - @WolverineFan - on the clock
6 (217) Cincinnati - @mussop -
6 (218) Kansas City - @WolverineFan -
7 (219) San Francisco - @Lucky -
7 (220) Washington - @Lucky -

Kansas City selects Eric Saubert - TE, Drake

Very athletic small school prospect. Was a two-time FCS All-American and has all the measureables you're looking for in a TE. Problem is his film is very frustrating as he flashes NFL skills on one play and then drops a pass and disappears for a series. Relied heavily on his athleticism to get by against lower level players and needs to develop his overall game. That being said, KC already has Travis Kelce so they can take the time to groom him and Andy Reid loves athletic TE's.

Chiefs select Delano Hill - S, Michigan

Versatile player who can play a deep half as well as slide down into the slot and man up WR's. Can also come down into the box for run support. Jack of all trades type of player who will be a valuable reserve for any team that likes to expand their sub-packages with extra Safeties.

With pick #219, San Francisco selects:

Nate Hairston - CB, Temple

RS_phillyThumb2_1200x800_20161105_SPORTS_FBC-TEMPLE-UCONN_8_HC.jpg

Converted WR who shows a willingness to be physical. Can help on special teams as he learns the nuances of press coverage the Niners employ.

With pick #220, Washington selects:

Jylan Ware - OT, Alabama State

jylan-ware.jpg

Small college OT with major college size and measurable. Ware is 6'7" 315 lbs and is country strong with quick feet. Plays too high and is slow to pickup stunts. But dominated major college players at the College Gridiron Showcase one on ones. Won't be a factor in 2017, but has huge upside.

Starting the 7th rd tomorrow.

Great job of keeping the draft moving throughout the weekend.
With pick #219, San Francisco selects:

Nate Hairston - CB, Temple

RS_phillyThumb2_1200x800_20161105_SPORTS_FBC-TEMPLE-UCONN_8_HC.jpg

Converted WR who shows a willingness to be physical. Can help on special teams as he learns the nuances of press coverage the Niners employ.

Love this pick.

The Ravens stole Tavon Young from Temple last yr and this guy is just as good if not better.

Looks like the Bears pick is headed to overtime. They had kicking issues last year. Are there any draftable kickers out there? Specifically from cold weather schools?

Looks like the Bears pick is headed to overtime. They had kicking issues last year. Are there any draftable kickers out there? Specifically from cold weather schools?

Not from a cold weather school but Zane Gonzalez from Arizona St broke the FBS record for field goals in a career. He's probably the only kicker in this class that carries a draft-able grade. I'd sign off on that pick.

Good enough. It can get cold at night in Arizona.

With pick #221, the Chicago Bears select:

Zane Gonzalez - K, Arizona State

The Jaguars group pick at #222 is up next.

I nominate Brian Allen - CB, Utah.

He's a big, physical press corner that fits the defensive system in Jacksonville.

I vote Missouri DT John Augusta for the Dolphins.

This guy had a thyroid issue got it under control and has dropped down from almost 400 Lbs to 340 Lbs since the season ended. He was a very good player for the Tigers when he was on the field. He's got surprising quickness for such a huge man.

Time to take chances on flawed but talented guys.

With their final selection in the 2017 NFL Draft, the NY Jets select:

Chad Kelly, QB, Mississippi

Hack and Petty may not be the answer so why not lock up the rights to a QB with some potential with a 7th round pick.

First pick someone beat me to, you are to be congratulated. Think Dan will make his mark on special teams & develop his large frame into a solid LT.

Last 5 and next 5

7 (221) Chicago - @banned1976 - Zane Gonzalez - K, Arizona State
7 (222) Jacksonville - [Group Pick] - Brian Allen - CB, Utah
7 (223) Miami - @htownfan32 - Josh Augusta - DT, Missouri
7 (224) NY Jets - @kiwitexansfan - Chad Kelly - QB, Mississippi
7 (225) LA Chargers - @htownfan32 - Dan Skipper - OT, Arkansas
7 (226) Seattle - @TexansSeminole - on the clock
7 (227) Cincinnati - @mussop -
7 (228) Dallas - @Texansphan -
7 (229) New Orleans - @austins23 -
7 (230) Philadelphia - @beerlover -

Back