Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texas Showdown! Texans @ Cowboys

I get that Pierce was hurt, but WTF do you run Rex Burkhead at the goaline. And then you coumpound the problem by going for it on 4th and 4 with Driskel for a QB option run. Why did you overplay Driskel in that situation and try to run the ball when it had no chance of being effective? Just take the FG there and we would have had a chance at the end of the game. My goodness. Coaching fail at the end of the game

Last edited:
Mills went color blind on that last play. Nothing but Dallas players where he threw it. lol

No way…..there was enough arch on that pass that every Texans WR should’ve had time to get under the dammm ball. They just stood on the outside like they had no eyes to follow the ball. That pass was thrown exactly as it should’ve been for a best opportunity.

Last edited:
Nothing here has changed my mind. Cal needs to clean house from the GM to the ballboy. But that end of game coaching is about the shittiest excuse of play calling and coaching I’ve seen in my 45 years of watching NFL football. For crying out loud get some people in here that know how to scheme and play call!

No way…..there was enough arch on that pass that every Texans WR should’ve had time to get under the dammm ball. They just stood on the outside like they had no eyes to follow the ball. That pass was exactly thrown the way it should’ve been for a best opportunity.
Yeah I saw that just poking fun at Mills. That was actually a good throw but the Texans receivers looked like they were running straight instead of jumping for the ball. Weird.

I was with them... ready to eat every bad word I said about them.

Then I saw Burkhead & Burkhead & Burkhead & Driskel try to save the poor play-calling.

Nope, not eating anything. We need new coaches & Nick Caserio doesn't need to be part of the process.

Y’all keep wanting to blame Lovie on NC….Lovie is here b/c of 1 person not named Caserio………Pep is here b/c of Lovie.

Texans are tremendously under-talented compared to the Cowboys... but yet came really close to the biggest upset of the season. Coaches put them in position to win this game and that's all you can ask for.

Put them in position and then promptly took them out of it with the 2nd to last offensive sequence…no way in hell you walk away with 0 points in that situation where you’re 1st and 10 in the red zone…then the playcalling sequence was utter poop.

Arm strength and arm talent in Mills is just fine. Well above average in both. It's the adaptation, processing the game. making quick reads and ad hoc playmaking that needs work. At minimum, Texans will have NFL's best backup QB if he stays long term

Mills was processing pretty nicely against a strong defense…..and doing it in regulation with a lot on the line for the Cowboys.

Put them in position and then promptly took them out of it with the 2nd to last offensive sequence…no way in hell you walk away with 0 points in that situation where you’re 1st and 10 in the red zone…then the playcalling sequence was utter poop.
I didn't mind going for it on 4th down. Considering the Cowboys weak run defense. I didn't even mind the run. However, the formation, play call and execution was total crap.

I am still going to laugh.

1. They almost got beat by the Texans. Game should have been over at half time.

2. They are still Cowboys fans.

While I agree with you.... I will only laugh hysterically at a Cowboys fan IF this loss leads to a complete cleaning house.

Because THEN I can know that our garbage is out on the curb.... while they cherish theirs.

I didn't mind going for it on 4th down. Considering the Cowboys weak run defense. I didn't even mind the run. However, the formation, play call and execution was total crap.

Ditto.

If Texans kick FG, then Cowboys take it down for the go ahead TD... people will be blasting the coaches they didn't go for the win there.

Late to the forum. Watching via red zone. 4th quarter looked like Texan broke the plane on 2nd effort but official rules play down on the one. Did Lovie challenge and ask for review? Next thing Texans snap ball quickly getting stuffed. So did it go to booth replay or challenged?

Christ almighty I'm getting tired of the pessimism in here. Just because we got the worst team in the NFL, along with the worst owner and coaching staff, is no reason to give up now. We have improved the GM to mediocre level. It's a start.
You said it yourself, mediocrity. That is what’s unacceptable.

Late to the forum. Watching via red zone. 4th quarter looked like Texan broke the plane on 2nd effort but official rules play down on the one. Did Lovie challenge and ask for review? Next thing Texans snap ball quickly getting stuffed. So did it go to booth replay or challenged?
No he didn’t challenge it.

He didn’t challenge Moore’s could be touchdown either. I thought he broke the plane before his knee went down.

Ditto.

If Texans kick FG, then Cowboys take it down for the go ahead TD... people will be blasting the coaches they didn't go for the win there.

while i agree, kicking the fg there only means you’re down by 1 then after Dallas scores the TD…….then all you need is a FG to potentially win it…and even Mills with 50 or so secs left can move them into FG range..

lay off the sauce man. And I don’t mean Gardner.
look I am trying to keep my friends Yorkie off my lap and away from my pork chop while talking to my friends about Kirk Cousins' contract {why I do not know}watching the game and typing here. Doing the best I can with what little I got left... :boogereater:

Quite enjoyed the game but got to be honest I’m glad they lost, I’m glad they didn’t jeopardise their draft position, I’m glad there was no glimmer of doubt for Lovie and Pep to cling onto their jobs, I’m glad that Driskell didn’t sow any doubt that he could be worth rolling with into the future and the same for Mills. Wish I could say different.

Back