Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

TexansTalk Official Rules - Updated

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
If you're not allowed to discuss the price of gas, inflation, and the economy in a NON - FOOTBALL TOPIC FORUM, that pretty much tells you what side of the fence some moderators are sitting on.
It should tell people that the mods have outlined rules that no politics will be discussed and we (I too am guilty) always take the conversation to politics when discussing the price of gas, inflation, and the economy.

Because we cannot help ourselves the mods have to step in.

That’s what it should tell people.

powda

The bridge between stupid and useless is short.
@Texian

It tells you nothing. They're neutral. But folks like you push the envelope nonstop on every thread. I dont give a damn about right or left leanings. You perceive some slight because maybe they didn't opt your way. How bout we just get a f'ing story with facts instead of a political interpretation?

badboy

Hall of Fame
Well since the season is a wash why even watch the games or purchase anything with Texans on it? Other than money why even suit up to play these games. We might as well play nothing but the freaking backups. Don’t play any of the rookies, might as well wait until these season aren’t a wash.
You so silly! Recognizing this season is foundation building is not a bad thing. I did not watch my kid play T Ball for the score. I watched him have fun which made me smile. I watched him develop physically and grow in interactions with teammates and learn how to lose when the team did. I did not over praise or over criticize which is why I see Lovie Smith as the right coach for right now. No one should think Texans reach POs this season but I eagerly wait for the next game even if it's preseason. As with my son, it's not about what the team is now but what I hope the team will be.

The players suit up to compete and get better and we hear that from players during TC and practice; identifying how they or coaches point out weakness and areas to improve. :tiphat:

Texansballer74

The Marine
You so silly! Recognizing this season is foundation building is not a bad thing. I did not watch my kid play T Ball for the score. I watched him have fun which made me smile. I watched him develop physically and grow in interactions with teammates and learn how to lose when the team did. I did not over praise or over criticize which is why I see Lovie Smith as the right coach for right now. No one should think Texans reach POs this season but I eagerly wait for the next game even if it's preseason. As with my son, it's not about what the team is now but what I hope the team will be.

The players suit up to compete and get better and we hear that from players during TC and practice; identifying how they or coaches point out weakness and areas to improve. :tiphat:
What’s silly is people dooming the season a failure before it starts. Or people overreacting to preseason games, knowing darn well we’re not seeing all of the starters playing. Not only that but they’re not even running the actual playbook. That’s what’s silly.

And it’s very silly if you can not detect sarcasm in my post. Lol

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller
What’s silly is people dooming the season a failure before it starts. Or people overreacting to preseason games, knowing darn well we’re not seeing all of the starters playing. Not only that but they’re not even running the actual playbook. That’s what’s silly.

Oh don't act like if Mills was lighting it up you wouldn't be overreacting to PS games.

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member

It’s no fun when someone pisses in your corn flakes, is it? Or is it pours corn flakes on your piss? I get confused about that.

• Haha
Reactions: JB

Dejaview

All Pro
Dang right to the gutter eh? What happened to no name calling and not attacking posters?
Out of curiosity who did Baller specifically call out? I didn’t see a name. i don’t recall anyone ever calling out the kool-aid sipper label. Was that label ever applied to one specific person? I can’t remember. To be honest, if anyone wants to call me oily boy directly I’m pretty sure my fragile eggshell feelings wouldn’t give a damn, lol.

Mangler

Toro de España
You and Mangler really think calling someone silly is the same as comparison to DeShaun Watson's assaulting over over 30 women?
All I did was agree that Derapist is Soooo Oily Boy #4. Not sure how me finding that post funny has anything to do with you. If you feel that Texanballer verbally assaulted you, call the cops I guess. But please leave me out of that snowflake bs!

Last edited:

badboy

Hall of Fame
All I did was agree that Derapist is Soooo Oily Boy #4. Not sure how me finding that post funny has anything to do with you. If you feel that Texanballer verbally assaulted you, call the cops I guess. I’ll leave me out of all that snowflake bs!
the flow of comments it is what it is .. if you don't want to be involved then do not join in.

Yeah that’s half of the Texans fan for ya. That’s exactly what y’all do. Some are no better than Oily boy #4.
You don't think saying folks are like "oily boy #4" is name calling or derogatory?
He is SOooo Oily Boy #4! :lol:
You and Mangler really think calling someone silly is the same as comparison to DeShaun Watson's assaulting over 30 women?
Out of curiosity who did Baller specifically call out? I didn’t see a name. i don’t recall anyone ever calling out the kool-aid sipper label. Was that label ever applied to one specific person? I can’t remember. To be honest, if anyone wants to call me oily boy directly I’m pretty sure my fragile eggshell feelings wouldn’t give a damn, lol.

badboy

Hall of Fame
All I did was agree that Derapist is Soooo Oily Boy #4. Not sure how me finding that post funny has anything to do with you. If you feel that Texanballer verbally assaulted you, call the cops I guess. But please leave me out of that snowflake bs!
It is not about the cops Mangler it's about the rules set out by Mods and how we are supposedly to comport ourselves. Seems as some have indicated before : some can say things others cannot.

badboy

Hall of Fame
Well, I wasn’t aware of y’all’s back and forth. I just thought that Oily Boy #4 was so fitting for Depredator. Nothing against you brother.
I get that but before commenting about why posters feel a certain away about other folks' comments perhaps you could take a few seconds and catch up. It might not be important if not directed to you but to those directed to it may be significant. I think the rules are to keep us "civilized" and lessen trash talking. I am not necessarily against that (talk) but we have seen it lead to bans, deleted comments, threats of physical actions against a mod and threats of TT being closed as was NSZ. Seems we'd take a hint but some here just think they can say or insult whenever they want.

Texansballer74

The Marine
I get that but before commenting about why posters feel a certain away about other folks' comments perhaps you could take a few seconds and catch up. It might not be important if not directed to you but to those directed to it may be significant. I think the rules are to keep us "civilized" and lessen trash talking. I am not necessarily against that (talk) but we have seen it lead to bans, deleted comments, threats of physical actions against a mod and threats of TT being closed as was NSZ. Seems we'd take a hint but some here just think they can say or insult whenever they want.
Well if you want to play by the rules then play by the rules and don’t call members out of their names. You can disagree with others without calling them silly. My comment in the beginning wasn’t even directed at you, but you had to jump in and call me silly. Not my comment but me. Then you want to play the,”he call me out of my name crap.” Man stop throwing rocks and then trying to hide your hands.

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
Seriously you guys need to spend some time on other team's forums if you think we attack each other on this board. This is the most polite and civilized football forum I have ever seen and I tend to visit all of them, except Dallas I refuse to lower myself to that level, at one time or another. Whether thats due to the mods, Texas hospitality or just that we tend to have more mature members I don't know but seriously compared to other teams we are all sitting around singing Kumbaya together. If you want a real taste of it go look at the Browns forums regarding the Watson trade particularly right after it happened. After that realize that that is everyday on those forums on every topic. Chiefs are another one after they lost the SB to Brady, if I was Reid I seriously would have called the cops based on some of the things posters there were saying.

Last edited:

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Seriously you guys need to spend some time on other team's forums if you think we attack each other on this board.
I moved the bickering here. I didn't delete it. Back & forth between members about members doesn't belong in any thread.

Back & forth about football, about ideas is cool & welcomed.

& it's not my judgement saying y'all are being attacked. The posts I moved are literally "you" arguing about name-calling & the definition of name-calling.

Tell me, which thread would you move that discussion to?

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
I moved the bickering here. I didn't delete it. Back & forth between members about members doesn't belong in any thread.

Back & forth about football, about ideas is cool & welcomed.

& it's not my judgement saying y'all are being attacked. The posts I moved are literally "you" arguing about name-calling & the definition of name-calling.

Tell me, which thread would you move that discussion to?
Not sure why you quoted me. I didn't even know the posts had been moved, just saw there was an update on this thread under the "Whats New" tab and popped in to see what it was because I was bored. Likewise I think you thought I was talking about the mods being to strict when saying that this isn't attacking, I wasn't, if anything I was agreeing with the mods. What I was referring to is how offended people were getting by what were, honestly, softball insults when compared to things other team forum members say about each other.

badboy

Hall of Fame
Me calling someone "silly" and then being compared to "oily Watson " a sexual predator who has been rightfully reviled is not even close to being comparable.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Me calling someone "silly" and then being compared to "oily Watson " a sexual predator who has been rightfully reviled is not even close to being comparable.
Now you care about a Sexual Predator.

You didn't seem to care much when Caserio was trying to trade him. Hypocrisy much?

badboy

Hall of Fame
Now you care about a Sexual Predator.

You didn't seem to care much when Caserio was trying to trade him. Hypocrisy much?
As usual you don't know what your talking about. I never said what he ALLEGEDLY did was ok I wanted justice system to to be followed. I wanted a trade as did GM for as much possible.
Cluck on hen.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
As usual you don't know what your talking about. I never said what he ALLEGEDLY did was ok I wanted justice system to to be followed. I wanted a trade as did GM for as much possible.
Cluck on hen.
Everybody knows the truth.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
I'm curious as to why my last 2 posts in the Astros 2022 thread were moved to the playoff thread? The playoffs are not 09/27/2022
Doesn't really make a difference to me but it's not playoff related so why clutter that thread? And why is there no notification when there usually is when a post is moved. Again, just curious

powda

I'm curious as to why deleted posts are done anonymously? I won't question I've had a lot of posts over the years that deserve it. I've written some posts knowing they were destined to be deleted. However, sometimes they're borderline. A poster should be able to have a back and forth in those cases. If a poster has a better understanding on tolerance, he might cause less work for the mods going forward.

Just a thought.

On a side note, I think it's cool a draft thread is being permitted in the main forum. Just 1 general thread allows for a lot of opinions and information to be exchanged. I don't think the average John doe poster ventures out into the draft forum so it's good for exposure.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
I don’t browse particular forums. I hit the “what’s new” button & I get a list of the threads recently posted in. Makes navigating the board real easy.

powda

I don’t browse particular forums. I hit the “what’s new” button & I get a list of the threads recently posted in. Makes navigating the board real easy.

And restricting members along the way?

powda

More like a cat herder.

Again, I'm just a simple poster making simple observations since 2004, so sometimes I need folks like you to explain things to me ,but...

Are you suggesting the common sense bone has a colon 'esq blockage from time to time?

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I can’t ban anyone either. Delete posts, give warnings, move posts, merge threads… that’s about it
You've banned me before when I said something like Kubiak sucks and threatened to fight me.

The paper boy gave me 5 points and banned me one night at 2:30 in the morning. All because I used the David from the bannable word phrase. He should've just deleted the post and PM'ed me, but I guess some people embrace the role of an A-Hole.

powda

You've banned me before when I said something like Kubiak sucks and threatened to fight me.

The paper boy gave me 5 points and banned me one night at 2:30 in the morning. All because I used the David from the bannable word phrase. He should've just deleted the post and PM'ed me, but I guess some people embrace the role of an A-Hole.

They're now restricting posts to specific threads. Hence my blow up tonight.

Their ear bone refuses to hear my jaw bone.