Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Texans vs Ravens Gameday Thread

Why don't you run in that situation? I really want to hear Kubiak explain that one. Seriously? For an "offensive guru" he really doesn't know **** does he?

Well we are now officially out of the playoff picture...again and no winning record to save jobs.
I'm not convinced that these comebacks will be attributed to Kubs or any of the coaches.
The players played a great second half, too bad they can't play a whole game that way.

Yeah, how many other ways can we think up to lose a game? We haven't blown a 1 point lead by fumbling into the end zone in the victory formation... yet.

Coming out with the run would have been nice!! MS normally do this.. but I put this loss on Koob.. Foster could of had a field day against a drained Ravens defense.. 2 bad Mcnair won't seem to notice this.. :smiliepalm:

Why don't you run in that situation? I really want to hear Kubiak explain that one. Seriously? For an "offensive guru" he really doesn't know **** does he?

Did you even watch the 4th qtr? All we did was pass! Now that he throws a pick you are going to bang on him for not running?

Clearly Kubiak coached him to make that interception:kitten:

Anyways.....I hope the Kubiak haters get their wish and we can demolish our top 5 offense and start everything over from scratch.

I'd rather have another 5 years of misery, even losing records verses the current diatribe.

Lol.....soooooooooooooooooooo with that tired Ravens D it was SMART to do nothing but throw backed up like that?:kitten:

kubes is a genius :gun:

also lost the INDY MNF game by not running..... :brickwall:

Schaub brings us back with an aweaume 2 min drill. Then Kubes takes back over and we lose.

Still partly on schaub by alot on Kubes. At least schaub did sumthing good

Hana a new record most comeback loses

Screw Kubes!

LOL. It's on Schaub when we do well, but once we do poorly, it's on Kubiak? I'm not saying I don't HATE the playcalling at the end there (I DO), but it's freaking hillarious how fans can rationalize it this way.

Kubiak had nothing to do with the events leading up to the sh*t, but once the sh*t starts flying, it's all on him.

Reactions: JB
*stands up and applauds schaub for 2 amazing drives"

is ok man, you gave it your all

I applaud Schaub too......it wasn't his fault. He shouldn't of been put in that situation. We just blitzed the **** out of their QB and then they back us up deep......what the hell did Kubiak think they were going to do against us? He shouldn't expected the blitz and ran the damn ball against it.. THEY DO HAVE THE NFL'S LEADING RUSHER!

Remember this:

Kubiak and Dennison call all other plays.

Schaub runs the show in 2-minute drill situations. That's what Kubiak has said in the past.

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury...I rest my case.

Yeah...Kubiak has got to give Matt an easy throw to make there or just hand it off to Foster...

A good screen call or a draw would have been nice...

Did you even watch the 4th qtr? All we did was pass! Now that he throws a pick you are going to bang on him for not running?

Difference here was we had plenty of time in OT to run. We were not down by 2+ scores with the clock running out. Major difference.

We were playing catch up, duh! Now you have an OT situation, 12 minutes to work with and your within your own 20. You run in that situation. That's a no brainer. Any other coach runs in that situation.

facepalmzzzp11.gif

Worst part is I kept my ass awake and watched the game till the end and let myself get excited thinking there was no way the panties would get soiled again.....silly me! :facepalm: @ myself.

different situations. We had time to run the ball. We didn't in the 4th. Also the Ravens were completely beat down. Finish them off by running the damn ball down their throats. Im not saying we shouldnt be passing. But come on, call one run play. First play almost a safety. if we didnt get picked and just had an INC we would have to pass again. That means 0 run plays planned. HORRIBLE COACHING

I came into this game expecting a loss. I told myself before the game that I wasn't going to have any hope, even if we did have a miraculous 4th quarter comeback.

I failed. :mariopalm:

Let Andre shut it down.
Play the other RBs MORE. Maybe even shut down Foster.
Find out if Leinart can play.
Learn something the rest of the year. Don't be a DA and worry about the last few games. Play for the future. PLAN FOR NEXT SEASON.

We were playing catch up, duh! Now you have an OT situation, 12 minutes to work with and your within your own 20. You run in that situation. That's a no brainer. Any other coach runs in that situation.

It's easy to say "we shoulda" after a loss. If we ran it for no gain, people would say why run when the ravens couldn't stop the pass?

I came into this game expecting a loss. I told myself before the game that I wasn't going to have any hope, even if we did have a miraculous 4th quarter comeback.

I failed. :mariopalm:

Seriously. My ***** friends kept telling me that the Texans were coming back, that they were rolling, and I kept telling them that they would find some way to screw it up. In the end, I let them get me excited. Whoopee...

The Ravens were playing a prevent defense (which I really hate) and were forcing the Texans to make good throws underneath their coverage...

They were just trying to make the Texans have to drive all the way down field and not allow a big play to beat them...

In overtime the situation completely changes. The defense will be playing differently and so should your offense...You aren't playing against the clock anymore...

Run the ball...At least pick up some easy yardage...Even if you have to punt it back to them you will have moved the ball up some and won't be punting out of your own EZ...

And running the ball definitely minimizes the possibility of a pick six.

It's easy to say "we shoulda" after a loss. If we ran it for no gain, people would say why run when the ravens couldn't stop the pass?

I disagree. The Ravens were exhausted. We were deep in our own end. 1st down should have been a run, even if it gets stuffed.

Exactly, there are 2 sides to this coin. I agree running makes the most sense. But what would have happened if we ran it and got stuffed and then had to punt out of our own end zone? People would say, "why take it away from the hot hand? Matty "Ice" has been wrecking all game and you take it out of his hands? He's been money!"

genius kubiak doesn't put a runnng back with schaub when we are near our goalline. interception - whodathunkit?

There it is...hopefully mcnair takes nothing from this game...

Are you kidding me?!?!? LOL. Wishful thinking, Chris.

Did you see him make out with his wife, in the luxury booth, when we made our comeback tonight?

By the looks of that celebration, you'd have thought that we had just won the Super Bowl!!!

He damn sure WILL give Kubiak more time.

The players have to play well in situations like this. They are auditioning for a potential new HC and staff (if the current one gets fired). I feel so bad for the players now. They repeatedly end up having to save Kubiak, repeatedly are willing to do so, and repeatedly have Kubiak and Dennison rip everyone's hearts out. Weekly.

And that, above all else, is why someone else needs a crack at this gig. A just and honorable owner would see this for what it's worth and know that his players and his fans need a new start with a new HC.

But McNair is actually content right now. The crowd was wild. We came back. Nobody "quit." It's the perfect storm for McNair staying with Kubiak.

We now have to pray for AT LEAST a new d-coord. God has to give us at least THAT much. Doesn't He?

We now have a few weeks to try out some different things with the defense, try some new players and see if we can get AJ and Foster some awards.

Other than that...

i thought after the jets game i couldnt fall for this **** anymore...

now i gotta find a way to fall asleep pissed off because i have work in a few hours

Back