Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Texans vs Ravens Gameday Thread

It's easy to say "we shoulda" after a loss. If we ran it for no gain, people would say why run when the ravens couldn't stop the pass?

Par for the course with some in this group. Schaub is killing them with the pass & noone's thinking about the run. Then this happens & "oh, we should've been running the ball!!!!!!!!!!"

Where is an Esther Rolle palm when you need one? As much as I hated the end result of that game. I have to give the guys some credit. They played a hell of a game. I'm proud to be a Texan fan right now.

Damn right buddy! No matter how much it hurts, or what you think of the coach, ya gotta be damn proud of the effort the guys put out tonite.

Remember this:

Kubiak and Dennison call all other plays.

Schaub runs the show in 2-minute drill situations. That's what Kubiak has said in the past.

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury...I rest my case.

Absolutely, and on top of this most teams dont play conservatively in OT unless they are within FG range. I've heard announcers say that alot...I know we were pinned deep but it was Schaub running the show, the OL got pushed back in his face and he couldn't see...prolly woulda been bad either way if he had held it since he was inside the pocket.

I don't think the point is that running the ball wasn't the way to go, it's that people are gonna b*tch and moan regardless.

It's easy to say "we shoulda" after a loss. If we ran it for no gain, people would say why run when the ravens couldn't stop the pass?

Thats not fair man. As soon as the final whistle went, I posted run the crap out of their tired defense. I even made a little Arian Foster version of the run gingerbread man song. What more do you want?

And I'm sure I wasn't the only person thinking it! We should have run, I wouldve run, but we didn't, and we didn't learn from the first failed pass play. But hey ho, its how Texans football goes.

Damn right buddy! No matter how much it hurts, or what you think of the coach, ya gotta be damn proud of the effort the guys put out tonite.

I'm starving and the cook just burnt my supper beyond repair, but tried really hard not to. :chef:

It's just that this effort being so highly praised should be there every game when clearly it isn't. I will say this, the result is strikingly similar.

by not putting an rb back there, the coach lost the game. sorry aggy kubiak apologists, that is what happened. they were able to load up on pass only, football 101. thanks genius kubiak, your Denny's menu will make good toilet paper unless you take it to denver

Thats not fair man. As soon as the final whistle went, I posted run the crap out of their tired defense. I even made a little Arian Foster version of the run gingerbread man song. What more do you want?

And I'm sure I wasn't the only person thinking it! We should have run, I wouldve run, but we didn't, and we didn't learn from the first failed pass play. But hey ho, its how Texans football goes.

People whined that Glover Quin didn't try to intercept that ball...

The point is, whether the play is "correct" or not, people are going to whine.

i thought after the jets game i couldnt fall for this **** anymore...

now i gotta find a way to fall asleep pissed off because i have work in a few hours

That's why I took today off!
And I feel the same way-I tried really hard not to get excited and believe in the team because of the history-but in the end I couldn't do it...

You are correct. People will whine about dumb decisions that cost us football games. What is your point?

See I just can't get down with that...I respect the way you guys are though...

I'd probably have that mindset with my kids if they were on a sports team, but these guys are professional athletes that many of us support monetarily in some form or another...

I'm not cool with a good effort at this stage in the game. It's time to produce...Actually that time has passed...

Good effort isn't enough...At my job, it doesn't matter how good my effort is if I suck for long periods of time...That's just how it is in the professional world...

And it's sad because I really like Kubiak. But he has sucked as a head coach. His teams have sucked. I am not here to lie all the blame at his feet, but he is the one that will be sacrificed...That's just the way it is.

Happy trails Kubiak (hopefully...please Bob)

I'm not, we lost and gave up 34 points tonight and sucked in the first half. Yay, we snuck up again! Still lost, defense still sucks and this team and its coach sucks.

You are correct. People will whine about dumb decisions that cost us football games. What is your point?

You obviously didn't get the point of my post. Glover Quin's decision to not try to intercept the pass and be a hero was not a "dumb decision". Indubitably, it cost us the game. But it was the "correct play". Still, he was crucified on this board.

Here, it was a dumb decision. I wholeheartedly agree. I was screaming for them to run the ball.

But regardless, people are going to bawl their poor little eyes out.

see i just can't get down with that...i respect the way you guys are though...

I'd probably have that mindset with my kids if they were on a sports team, but these guys are professional athletes that many of us support monetarily in some form or another...

I'm not cool with a good effort at this stage in the game. It's time to produce...actually that time has passed...

Good effort isn't enough...at my job, it doesn't matter how good my effort is if i suck for long periods of time...that's just how it is in the professional world...

And it's sad because i really like kubiak. But he has sucked as a head coach. His teams have sucked. I am not here to lie all the blame at his feet, but he is the one that will be sacrificed...that's just the way it is.

Happy trails kubiak (hopefully...please bob)

qft.

Obviously your gingerbread man failed. Build a better gingerbread man.

In a sick way im kinda proud of teh BOys we didnt get imbressed on National TV

But we still lost O well Now hopefully we can see our 2nd stringers and Look towards teh Draft

You know what...*uck Bret Favre. Not that I am excited to hear what the ESPN people have to say about tonights game, but seriously. Blah blah blah, he's a legend...yadda yadda. BUT HE'S JUST INJURED. Quit snuggling his jock already. Seriously, I've never been so anxious for one athlete to retire.

Doesn't matter, the points being made were that people were just riding Kubes because it didn't work and suddenly everyone is a football guru. I'll be the first to admit that I'm not a technical football expert, but I am not some guy who goes out looking for the first hindsight based excuse to get someone fired.

Right, now run the heck out of them, and hit them with a couple of playfakes.

Come on H Town!

I called what we should have been doing before we did the opposite. Regardless of whether the call was 'right' or not, accusing people who are making a perfectly valid observation of jumping against the team to further their own opinions isn't right.

If we'd ran it for no gain, I'd have said well, lets try and stop them again then, or if we'd fumbled, then I'd have been completely wrong, but we didn't.

In a sick way im kinda proud of teh BOys we didnt get imbressed on National TV

But we still lost O well Now hopefully we can see our 2nd stringers and Look towards teh Draft

That mindset makes my stomach hurt and I'm hoping that mindset won't keep Kubiak here.

"at least we were close"

"at least they tried"

"at least they got back in it"

"at least they played hard"

Those are just some other stomach bubblers

You obviously didn't get the point of my post. Glover Quin's decision to not try to intercept the pass and be a hero was not a "dumb decision". Indubitably, it cost us the game. But it was the "correct play". Still, he was crucified on this board.

Here, it was a dumb decision. I wholeheartedly agree. I was screaming for them to run the ball.

But regardless, people are going to bawl their poor little eyes out.

What exactly are your expectations? Glover should have batted the ball down. Key word "down". We agree that setting up an obvious passing play was a bad decision. Should we say nothing?

Doesn't matter, the points being made were that people were just riding Kubes because it didn't work and suddenly everyone is a football guru. I'll be the first to admit that I'm not a technical football expert, but I am not some guy who goes out looking for the first hindsight based excuse to get someone fired.

I called what we should have been doing before we did the opposite. Regardless of whether the call was 'right' or not, accusing people who are making a perfectly valid observation of jumping against the team to further their own opinions isn't right.

If we'd ran it for no gain, I'd have said well, lets try and stop them again then, or if we'd fumbled, then I'd have been completely wrong, but we didn't.

I never accused people of jumping against the team. I said people are gonna whine. I said that some people are going to complain about decisions regardless of what they are.

And for the record, I thought they should have run too.

Was that all it took? One pass to forget the other 31 393 yards and 3 TD's and 2 pt conversion?

Wow that's pretty convenient!

LOL, :rolleyes: Yeah, because starting right outside your goal line is the same exact game situation as a game tying 2 min. drive with no timeouts.

See I just can't get down with that...I respect the way you guys are though...

I'm not cool with a good effort at this stage in the game. It's time to produce...Actually that time has passed...

Good effort isn't enough...At my job, it doesn't matter how good my effort is if I suck for long periods of time...That's just how it is in the professional world...

And it's sad because I really like Kubiak. But he has sucked as a head coach. His teams have sucked. I am not here to lie all the blame at his feet, but he is the one that will be sacrificed...That's just the way it is.

Happy trails Kubiak (hopefully...please Bob)

I put the loss (losses) totally on the coaching staff tonite. The players played their hearts out. At no time did you see a lack of effort or hustle.

Where is an Esther Rolle palm when you need one?

rollepalm1.png

I put the loss (losses) totally on the coaching staff tonite. The players played their hearts out. At no time did you see a lack of effort or hustle.

I put some blame on the offense in the first half, and all those drops though.

Defense doesn't have much blame tonight. They did their job. I got pissed at Cushing for that PI setting up that TD though early on.

Lots of blame to go around, as usual. Coaches, players.....its like copy/paste week to week.

Be proud all you want. 5-8 is ******* unacceptable. I saw a little fire in this team today. It's week ******* fourteen for crying out loud, where was this fire all season long?

If you still think we don't need to clean the coaching house, I'm just sorry for you.

Kubiak has already apologized and admitted he put Schaub in a tough spot. (and he did, I have a tough time putting that on Schaub...never should of been put in that situation)

Also, don't fear Texan fans.......Kubiak also said he gave them the annual "we're playing for pride and we will not quit" speech. AWESOME!!!

I never accused people of jumping against the team. I said people are gonna whine. I said that some people are going to complain about decisions regardless of what they are.

And for the record, I thought they should have run too.

I wasn't referring that at you, it was the original guy who took issue (who I quoted originally) who made a comment making it pretty obvious what he thought of people bashing decisions form the game.

Sigh. I'm almost going to miss the meltdowns after Texans games for a good few months. At least there is still hockey.

I wasn't referring that at you, it was the original guy who took issue (who I quoted originally) who made a comment making it pretty obvious what he thought of people bashing decisions form the game.

Sigh. I'm almost going to miss the meltdowns after Texans games for a good few months. At least there is still hockey.

hockey has kept me going this year. Usually i only watch the NHL playoffs, but I have used hockey to divert my attention and feelings away from the texans. Works great on everyday except (Sunday [or monday in this case])

Be proud all you want. 5-8 is ******* unacceptable. I saw a little fire in this team today. It's week ******* fourteen for crying out loud, where was this fire all season long?

If you still think we don't need to clean the coaching house, I'm just sorry for you.

Definitely. How hard could it be to play with fire all ****ing year?! So frustrating.

Kubiak has already apologized and admitted he put Schaub in a tough spot. (and he did, I have a tough time putting that on Schaub...never should of been put in that situation)

Also, don't fear Texan fans.......Kubiak also said he gave them the annual "we're playing for pride and we will not quit" speech. AWESOME!!!

Did he really say this ****?

Wow, I did not hear the post presser but if dude said that...I mean your ******* season is on the ******* line and that's when you decide to put him in a tough spot?

You know what...*uck Bret Favre. Not that I am excited to hear what the ESPN people have to say about tonights game, but seriously. Blah blah blah, he's a legend...yadda yadda. BUT HE'S JUST INJURED. Quit snuggling his jock already. Seriously, I've never been so anxious for one athlete to retire.

Maybe we should get him has a backup for da Texans u know put pressure on Matty

and Maybe use him only for the PLayoffs for next season when we get there :texflag:

Maybe we should get him has a backup for da Texans u know put pressure on Matty

and Maybe use him only for the PLayoffs for next season when we get there :texflag:

Just another dude to throw pick 6's in overtime...

I jest, Matt did a good job eventually tonight.

I put some blame on the offense in the first half, and all those drops though.

Defense doesn't have much blame tonight. They did their job. I got pissed at Cushing for that PI setting up that TD though early on.

Lots of blame to go around, as usual. Coaches, players.....its like copy/paste week to week.

EXACTLY. Kubiak F-ed up when he was in position to win, I was not surprised when I didn't see Foster in the backfield. :mariopalm:

I was already searching for something to throw at the TV. :bravo: Thanks for a short season full of disappointments.

DO u think tho we need a Good backup QB to at least put pressure ON Matt next season

To be honest, I don't really. I think we're set with the situation we have now. ML is out of contract this off-season (correct?), and Dan O is an okay backup. Right now, this is Matt's team, and I see nothing to gain from trying to put more pressure on him - goodness knows he already feels enough strain, dealing from playcalling to dropped balls he looked ready to explode at times this evening.

My question is why waste the money we need elsewhere on a move that I feel could damage, not encourage out starting QB?

U know who else put schaub in a tough spot? The texan defense.

The score doesn't tell the whole story, I thought the D played as well as they have all season (with the exception of the shutout, of course.)

I mean, our offense didn't put points on the board for the first 29 minutes of the game. We had bad field position the entire first half because the offense didn't show up until the second half.

It's really hard to keep blaming the defense when you see great plays from Pollard, Quin and others. I know Kareem had a bad day again, but it's really all on Kubiak.

Schaub did a great job getting us back in it and Kubiak asked for too much by forcing the pass. He said it himself in the PC after the game.

Really? Does this complete nimrod not realize he has the leading rusher in the NFL playing for him??

One good thing from this game is maybe the re-emergence of OD.

Yeah he dropped some passes straight to him, I'll blame it on rust though. Other than those drops he was running very crisp and was a difference out there today. Just glad to see him out there again.

Honestly I think we had a great showing, a phenomenal effort by their D line at the end of the game sealed it for them.... Wow heart breaker fo sho.... Keep ur head up Matt u played a great game, throwin 62 ur bound to loose a couple

Back