Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans Vs Lions Game Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
dredge said:
DD must be on Palmer's fantasy team, and AJ is not. That is the only thing I can figure.

Lol, seems like a possibility.

Fire palmer!!

Jwwillis said:
All the penalties, fumbles and stupid mistakes Palmer is the least of the Texans worries. Why not mention of the D- Coordinator?? AGAIN they give up 3rd and forever 1st downs. No this one is on Capers and his entire staff.

AGREED!!!!!!!

We call a timeout for a 2 yd run and a sack!!!!!!

They said we are trying to surprise them by running when we are doen by 2 td's. They haave never seen us play before obviously!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Jwwillis said:
All the penalties, fumbles and stupid mistakes Palmer is the least of the Texans worries. Why not mention of the D- Coordinator?? AGAIN they give up 3rd and forever 1st downs. No this one is on Capers and his entire staff.

Your right the coach is not responsible for teaching a disciplined game of fundamentals.

Yea but look at what has been going on with only 4 minutes to play, it has been mostly run and dump off plays. This is a joke.

dredge said:
DD must be on Palmer's fantasy team, and AJ is not. That is the only thing I can figure.
I wouldnt doubt that for a second...

D. Davis 10 rec., 83 yards, 0 TDs, 16 long
A. Johnson 2 rec., 78 yards, 1 TD, 54 long

I CANNOT believe they didn't challenge that call. What are we saving TOs for, if we can't use one to move the ball to the 5 yard line????

It has to come from up top. What a load of ****ing bull**** all the way. I dont care if we've already killed our chances of winning the game that whole call was bull****.

Um..Im confused. Is it Palmer that throws the ball or Carr?? On any given pass play the ball can be thrown to who ever is open. Saying Palmer isnt throwing to Johnson is kinda silly isnt it? Also, they dont call a sack during the timeout they call a pass play. The PLAYERS dictate if it is a sack or not. Geez!

Awwwwww, we we're this close. Looked like the Tennessee super bowl when they were that short. Except their play meant something and ours was just an exclamation mark on a crappy game.

If we can't beat the Chargers or Lions, we are in for a long misearble season.

The Texans are still nothing but an expansion team.

I am truly disapointed. I expected more from the Texans offense. We were beat in 2 phases of the game. Special teams, and Defense. We didnt do a good job on D, and letting drummonds get that TD on Special teams was a killer. -3 for the day...

Dom will give his best George Bush imitation in the morning. We really are progressing what you are seeing is not realty!

I think we are goin' at least 0-6, ya'll!!!!!!

It's a possibility. We definately beat ourselves today (or at least we didn't help ourselves). Roy Williams is a stud. And we can't protect our QB still. David Carr is not the reason for this loss. Once again turnovers, and the inabililty to stop the opposition on third down. I'm going to the deer lease and try to get this out of my mind.

Jwwillis said:
Um..Im confused. Is it Palmer that throws the ball or Carr?? On any given pass play the ball can be thrown to who ever is open. Saying Palmer isnt throwing to Johnson is kinda silly isnt it? Also, they dont call a sack during the timeout they call a pass play. The PLAYERS dictate if it is a sack or not. Geez!

Agreed, again!!!!!!

Jwwillis said:

We all know they don't call a sack, but by running for 2 yds on 1st down, it almost gurantees a pass play and they can bring all their rushers.
Carr doesn't have time to work through a lot of progressions on his pass plays. Likely whowever he is throwing to is who the play was designed for.

If we're going to pile up yards and blow games on turnovers, maybe we should hire Jack Pardee as the offensive coordinator and put in the Run and Shoot? Then JJ Moses would actually be big enough to be an NFL receiver. Heh.

Heh.

Uh, for those of you who think that the guys not wearing pads are to blame for all the Texans' problems, I'M KIDDING.

well, i just saw the graphic on screen that showed our schedule...

Here's to 0-6 to start the season...!!!!!!!

damn.. we should have had these first two games... oh yeah,, it was the

TURNOVERS!!!!!!!!!!!

hold on to the damn ball.. for goodness's sake... :soapbox: eek:

I'm out, I have a yard to mow. Thanks to everyone here for at least making the game bearable. Next best thing to a sports bar!! See everyone next week.

ThirdEyeBC32 said:
Padding statistics are when the game is already over.We still had a slim chance to comeback.

Ok, I'll spell it out

Before the 2min drill, that didn't matter because the game was over, and Joey doesn't get a chance to throw the ball every down like Carr does in response

It pads his stats and raises his QB rate over Harrington who before the garbage time was leading the QB rate Battle

Carr was also running for his life and took a good share of sacks at the end there.

They Both Played like **** in the first half, they both played well in the second half.

But Joey Won

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back