Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans Vs Lions Game Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
So whos fault is it when a run play goes for 2 yards in an obvious passing situation??? 20/20 hind site coaching is the easiest in the world. Reminds me of that Visa commercial when Favre is walikng down the street and secoind guessing everybodys move the way the fans do his.. "Should have double bagged it" :rofl:

Who the hell cares about who had a better game??? We blew it, we stink, period. We are allergic to scoring touchdowns, and especially winning games.

Texans- 20

Chiefs- 38

Look on the bright side, we're gonna get a top 5 pick.

Papa Texan said:
Dom will give his best George Bush imitation in the morning. We really are progressing what you are seeing is not realty!

:rofl:

DD has fumbled 4 times in 2 games. What does it tell Wells when DD still finishes this game? DD should be out for the next game, unless Wells manages to fumble a couple of times during it. You just can't keep screwing up like that and still be Mr. #1 guy. I know that DD is our best RB, but he has to start playing like it. I wonder if Hollings would be getting a chance. You don't know what another RB might do, if given the chance, so I see no reason to put up with one that is coughing up the ball like it's a fur-ball.

The O-line looked good. In fact, the whole offense looked good, except for DD. The play calling is too conservative, but it's the fumbles that killed us (again).

On defense, I believe I saw more blitzing and I'm real happy about that. Dunta is still a rookie. Can't say I expected anymore from him yet, anyway. Don't forget that 7 of those 28 points were scored on the kickoff coverage and DD fumbling the ball hurt the defense as well.

This game was DD's fault. Those 2 fumbles gave em 14 points....

Also i think we need to let Carr throw the ball more, he is shown in these two loses that he can make good decisions and is accurate. maybe he hasn't been great. but his numbers are good for loses... these games were not lost on his arm. but he also didn't win them for us either.

The games were lost on Davis fumbling, so we need to take the ball out of his hands, we really needed hollings in there.

Hopefully Capers will not completely betray his team like Kerry would and say, " I never said that the Texans could compete in the NFL and I am proposing we withdraw them from the league within the year." :rofl:

ThirdEyeBC32 said:
No I will spell it out for you....the game was still in reach with the Lions starters in the game. Padding is when the game is way over and the bench players come in. That is what you call P-A-D-D-I-N-G.

Ok it's obvious you still didn't get the context

Oh well...

jacquescas said:
This game was DD's fault. Those 2 fumbles gave em 14 points....

The games were lost on Davis fumbling, so we need to take the ball out of his hands, we really needed hollings in there.

Sorry to break it to you guys but Detroit didn't score after DD's first fumble.

And after the second fumble, Detroiut marched 79 yards to score their TD. Can we wake up and recognize that our defense can't stop ANYONE.

and its not even a right assesment. other than total Yards Harrington played a better game, he got the win, more touch downs, more accurate, he didn't have to go deep cause he played with the lead.

My gawd. I'm just commenting on the poor qb play. Relax. It's just a game

I think after the start of the game Carr settled down and had a pretty good game. I saw a little pocket presence on a play or two, and I saw him make some very accurate throws. He made some decent decisions and led us down the field for two scores. The ball to AJ should have been ruled a completion, plus he passed for over 300 yards, two touchdowns, and yes he was intercepted. And BTW, it might be just a game, but doesn't this get under even your skin just a little bit?

Of course we all know its a team game. Everyone is accountable for the loss. But how many time must DD fumble before you bench him? And how many times should we run, run, pass. I know the run opens up the pass. But in the second half, we were torching their secondary. Why dont we do this all game???

As i said Carr didn't lose the game for us, But Harrington won the game for detroit. they both played well in the second half. first half was forgettable.

compy75 said:
Sorry to break it to you guys but Detroit didn't score after DD's first fumble.

And after the second fumble, Detroiut marched 79 yards to score their TD. Can we wake up and recognize that our defense can't stop ANYONE.

It might help them, though, if DD would stop making sure they stay on the field all day and that our punter never gets to play. I think you both have a point.

ThirdEyeBC32 said:
You didn't either I guess, oh well. IMO Carr is better than Harrington. I will close the debate on P-A-D-D-I-N-G. :crazy:
Wow how hard is this to comprehend?

GARBAGE TIME (which it was)

PADS STATISTICS!!!!

if you're punchy I appologize.

Chance_C said:
And BTW, it might be just a game, but doesn't this get under even your skin just a little bit?
Not really. I'm a long time NFL follower and I love the game and all but it's just a game. I speak of and share my perceptions of what I see and I while I am dissapointed, it doesn't bother me much on a personal level. I know its a tough league.

jacquescas said:
i was talking about this game third eye... i also agree Carr is better overall than harrington and will eventually prove it.

This was the game for them to "Prove it"
Carr didn't prove anything

Opperation Bait Monkey is Go :rofl:

The penalties got under my skin as much as anything also. Detroit had a few of their own. They had the better bad team today.

ThirdEyeBC32 said:
Classy.

Garbage time is with the BENCH players in. Thats the final word go to the Lions board anyway, stop hanging out here if you are that much of a Lion fan. :thumbdown

I am...a Lions fan... I do hang out on the Lions Boards
As long as The Lions Top draft picks are linked with yours, It will keep my intrest.

Really touchy around here after a loss ?

Oh no....Fundies......

Why don't you go revel in this victory with your fellow fans. You were ok, but your avatar and the other comment shows no class at all. Get. In Texas that means leave.

Once again this game was not lost on Carr's arm, and i think everyone agrees that a fumbling running back is an easier problem to fix than a QB who is playing badly.

Geek

Check your post that I edited. Please refrain from those types of comments in the future. I also had to edit everyone that quoted you.

Thanks.

Not really. I'm a long time NFL follower and I love the game and all but it's just a game. I speak of and share my perceptions of what I see and I while I am dissapointed, it doesn't bother me much on a personal level. I know its a tough league

I wish I could say the same. It bothers me more than it should. They have ruined my week for two weeks in a row now. I'm ready for them to stop all the silly mistakes such as penalties, and turnovers. If we were just outplayed and outclassed it would be different, but for 2 weeks that has not been the case.

jacquescas said:
Once again this game was not lost on Carr's arm, and i think everyone agrees that a fumbling running back is an easier problem to fix than a QB who is playing badly.

We might not have lost it on his arm. But some of his decisions could have been better. Untill the last two minutes of the game our running back had more rceptions than all are receivers combined.

Ihategeeks said:
Sorry I forgot this was Texas, (mostly)

I'll play to the audience, I forgot this is a state that shot Kennedy.

?????

Do you understand which of your posts I edited?

HoustonLionsFan said:
I don't know Vinny, Harrington 114+ pass rating, Carr 103+ pass rating. That's pretty impressive to me. Maybe it is just because I'm used to mediocrity idonno:

Go with Mediocrity, I know that after a Lions game, If I watch the Colts play, I am shocked by the increased entertainment value

Vinny said:
my gawd, they were both very unimpressive.

Vinny, give me a break! Carr was awesome once they took the handcuffs off him in the third quarter. He made great plays all second half despite the fact they were in passing situations and the front four was putting a lot of pressure on him. I hope the coaches learned a lesson here. They need to let this team take chances through the air.

You've been consistently critical of Carr's second half and fourth quarter performances... How about giving him credit for his performance in the second half of this game?! How about showing that impartiality that you claim to display!

dalemurphy said:
Vinny, give me a break! Carr was awesome once they took the handcuffs off him in the third quarter. He made great plays all second half despite the fact they were in passing situations and the front four was putting a lot of pressure on him. I hope the coaches learned a lesson here. They need to let this team take chances through the air.

You've been consistently critical of Carr's second half and fourth quarter performances... How about giving him credit for his performance in the second half of this game?! How about showing that impartiality that you claim to display!
You can be impressed with him all you want. To me, he was not too good but he had a nice toss to AJ and I'm glad he saw the busted coverage on Bradford. Most of his passes were locked on to Davis underneath for much of this great second half you speak of. I'm underwhelmed.

Carr had a very good second half: 17-22-223, 2TD, 0 INT.

He had a very underwhelming first half. He looked rushed, uncomfortable, and forced almost everything.

aj. said:
Carr had a very good second half: 17-22-223, 2TD, 0 INT.
Yes he did, and I'm not blaming him for our loss either. I was just quoted earlier as to what I thought about both QB's play and I think they both played poorly on balance. Carr either has poor field vision and pocket feel or he is poorly coached imo. The first half was brutal for both guys.

I didn't say you were blaming him for the loss. I said he had a very good second half.

Poor pocket presence has always been a problem for him. His footwork inside the pocket is below average and he has never learned to shuffle or baby step. He tries to take those long strides when the pocket is collapsing around him and most of the time it just doesn't work. He needs to spend some time with whoever coached Tom Brady. He appears gangly and clutzsy at times when he's under pressure. I thought Carr had terrible first half and a very good second half. Given enough time to throw, he can be an above average QB, but it's not always the OL. He can do a better job of avioding the rush. He had several outstanding throws today to Bradford, Gaff, AJ and Armstrong - on a rope and accurate.

aj. said:
I didn't say you were blaming him for the loss. I said he had a very good second half.
Yeah, I didn't word it too well but I was just trying to be clear since it is such a mammoth thread. You make good points and I'm not taking issue with them. It was a tough loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back