Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans to trade and cut players for a better GM option (see article)

Watson is NOT Brady

Watson is NOT Brady. N

Let's get it straight, Watson is NOT Brady. He is not even in the same zip code as Brady. You have Brady, Brees, Rogers and Big Ben. The last of the multiple MVP, SB Champion winning and HOF bound QBs. Then you have Mahomes, Jackson and Wentz who are right on the cusp of top QB in the league talk and SB winner/MVP. Then you have a Watson and others. Make no mistake he is good, but he is not yet there.

#Texans QB ⁦@deshaunwatson⁩ joins Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, Steve Young and Peyton Manning (twice) as the only five players with at least 275 passing yards & a 105 passer rating in five consecutive games in a season in NFL history

What does having to like it or not have to do with this?

How about playing well against top tier competition and winning games.

Is there even a team around Watson that should ensure a top shelf performance against top tier teams? Man, you’ve got to take the singular filter off the spot light and look at the whole picture. This team sucks arse and you’re still trying to critique the QB exclusively. Your credibility is slowly fizzling out in the same manner in which you describe Watson’s status.

I just got finished watching the GOAT pop a whopping 40.2 QBR, while tossing 3 INT and 0 TD against the Saints in Tampa Bay. It happens to the best of them but boy was it ugly.

Is there even a team around Watson that should ensure a top shelf performance against top tier teams? Man, you’ve got to take the singular filter off the spot light and look at the whole picture. This team sucks arse and you’re still trying to critique the QB exclusively. Your credibility is slowly fizzling out in the same manner in which you describe Watson’s status.

I just got finished watching the GOAT pop a whopping 40.2 QBR, while tossing 3 INT and 0 TD against the Saints in Tampa Bay. It happens to the best of them but boy was it ugly.

I like how y'all compare Brady to DW4 on one hand and on the other say you cant compare DW4 to Brady on the other hand.

DW4 was ok against a really crappy defense. Nothing more or less.

Bro that’s what’s so freaking funny to me. One joker basically said I do not bring logic to this discussion. And yet we have some that only takes a dump on one player. Dude never post any freaking links to back up his claims. That same dude likes these type of comments. Lol but question my logical views.

You’re spot on here as usual. We have to look at the entire picture verse trying to only find fault in one player.

Corrosion brought up Watson quarterback passer percentage today. But not once did he talk about the drop passes or the terrible blocking by the offensive line. The commentators kept talking about the Jaguars not being able to get pressure on the opposing quarterbacks all season. Yes having M. Jack back is huge for this ball club. But come on man!!! This further shows how bad our offensive line is period. Add in the fact that we don’t have a freaking running game. Opt that’s a lot hurdles for even the greatest to jump over.

I like how y'all compare Brady to DW4 on one hand and on the other say you cant compare DW4 to Brady on the other hand.

DW4 was ok against a really crappy defense. Nothing more or less.

I did not compare but I made a stand alone observation. Until the Texans become the prime time Patriots there will never be a comparison warranted. That will probably keep Watson from ever having to be compared to TB....unless someone out there thinks the current brain trust can duplicate NE’s success.

I did not compare but I made a stand alone observation. Until the Texans become the prime time Patriots there will never be a comparison warranted. That will probably keep Watson from ever having to be compared to TB....unless someone out there thinks the current brain trust can duplicate NE’s success.

Brother he knows you wasn’t comparing them like that. That’s just an escape mechanism he uses whenever he’s cornered. Lol

Brother he knows you wasn’t comparing them like that. That’s just an escape mechanism he uses whenever he’s cornered. Lol

An observation is now an escape mechanism?

Ok

Brady has 1-2 bad games a year and plays his best in the playoffs.

Let me know when DW4 becomes close to as consistent as Brady.

An observation is now an escape mechanism?

Ok

Brady has 1-2 bad games a year and plays his best in the playoffs.

Let me know when DW4 becomes close to as consistent as Brady.

Brady has had some terrible playoffs games too. Ask the Giants who beat them twice in the Super Bowl and the Eagles who spanked that ash a few years ago.

Brady has always struggled with elite defenses or stout front sevens. The Saints got after him and forced three interceptions and a passer rating in the 40’s.

Brady has had some terrible playoffs games too. Ask the Giants who beat them twice in the Super Bowl and the Eagles who spanked that ash a few years ago.

Brady has always struggled with elite defenses or stout front sevens. The Saints got after him and forced three interceptions and a passer rating in the 40’s.

You need to go back and look at the passing record's Brady set in that SB against the Eagles.

Against the NYG's he would have had 2 more SB's if 1. One of the all time great catches hadn't been made. 2. Weller had caught the ball.

But you're right all QBs struggle with pressure, particularly from up the middle.

BTW, I'm going to start holding DW4 to the same standards you're holding Brady too. Starting with in yr 4 Brady had a ring. Where's DW4'S ring? Will he ever get a ring? I don't think so, but with his handpicked HC there should be no more excuses. But I'm sure there will be regardless of how things turn out.

This is a rabbit hole.

He's conceded your original point & has since moved the goal post. Chalk this up as a win & get out before he goes so far that you can't defend your position.

Got a link for this?

You need to go back and look at the passing record's Brady set in that SB against the Eagles.

Against the NYG's he would have had 2 more SB's if 1. One of the all time great catches hadn't been made. 2. Weller had caught the ball.

But you're right all QBs struggle with pressure, particularly from up the middle.

BTW, I'm going to start holding DW4 to the same standards you're holding Brady too. Starting with in yr 4 Brady had a ring. Where's DW4'S ring? Will he ever get a ring? I don't think so, but with his handpicked HC there should be no more excuses. But I'm sure there will be regardless of how things turn out.

Exactly. And whoever posted that Watson hit some mile stone that Rogers, Manning and Brees (I think that was it) are the only ones that have done it. Ah... Rogers, Brees and Manning all have League MVPs, SB wins, SB MVP titles... So he IS NOT on that level!

Vick had crazy stats, McNabb and Cunningham had amazing stats. But how many SB trips did they make? 1...by McNabb it was a loss.

Need we go on...

Exactly. And whoever posted that Watson hit some mile stone that Rogers, Manning and Brees (I think that was it) are the only ones that have done it. Ah... Rogers, Brees and Manning all have League MVPs, SB wins, SB MVP titles... So he IS NOT on that level!

Vick had crazy stats, McNabb and Cunningham had amazing stats. But how many SB trips did they make? 1...by McNabb it was a loss.

Need we go on...

Yeah, let's go on with some reality. How about we stick Rogers, Brees and Manning with the same shite show Watson has been blessed with.

First up Rogers......GB the team did go through some bad periods and it 100% affected Rogers. Rogers playing for the Texans from 2017 to 2020 is the same Rogers who was QB'ing the bad GB teams.....only the results would be worse.

Next up Brees......Brees has also had some highs and some lows. Brees didn't become Brees until he got to New Orleans where a young but smart HC knew how to modify his offense around his QB's skill-set. Along the way, Brees has certainly had some clunkers in big games but his lofty stats and 1 SB win keeps everything on the positive. Brees with the Texans would be a death wish b/c the way defensive fronts have destroyed the Texans OL's at will.....it would've converted Brees to shorter version of David Carr in a hurry.

Finally we come to Manning.....Manning certainly didn't look like the Manning we came to know until the Colts finally built a team around him. Before that team arrived, he was an interception machine, looking almost inept at the position at times. Thing is, everyone knew he could be great but not on a team that was as bad as these Colts at the time. Colts got better and miraculously so did Manning. Manning with this Texans team is same young Manning with the bad Colts.

Personally, I think they all could put up similar numbers as Watson has with these crappy teams but they didn't never hit these numbers with their crappy teams. I don't like to compare as much as I like to put the shoe on the other foot.......and this is my assessment.

Yeah, let's go on with some reality. How about we stick Rogers, Brees and Manning with the same shite show Watson has been blessed with.

First up Rogers......GB the team did go through some bad periods and it 100% affected Rogers. Rogers playing for the Texans from 2017 to 2020 is the same Rogers who was QB'ing the bad GB teams.....only the results would be worse.

Next up Brees......Brees has also had some highs and some lows. Brees didn't become Brees until he got to New Orleans where a young but smart HC knew how to modify his offense around his QB's skill-set. Along the way, Brees has certainly had some clunkers in big games but his lofty stats and 1 SB win keeps everything on the positive. Brees with the Texans would be a death wish b/c the way defensive fronts have destroyed the Texans OL's at will.....it would've converted Brees to shorter version of David Carr in a hurry.

Finally we come to Manning.....Manning certainly didn't look like the Manning we came to know until the Colts finally built a team around him. Before that team arrived, he was an interception machine, looking almost inept at the position at times. Thing is, everyone knew he could be great but not on a team that was as bad as these Colts at the time. Colts got better and miraculously so did Manning. Manning with this Texans team is same young Manning with the bad Colts.

Personally, I think they all could put up similar numbers as Watson has with these crappy teams but they didn't never hit these numbers with their crappy teams. I don't like to compare as much as I like to put the shoe on the other foot.......and this is my assessment.

I don't disagree with what you are saying here ....

But the perception is Watson is better than all the QB's we've had prior ..... Yet the results are pretty much identical and those other QB's had OL problems , and the same crap coaching & playcalling since 2014. Results are .... what they are. Watson hasn't really moved the needle in that aspect.

The perception doesn't match reality ...

But the perception is Watson is better than all the QB's we've had prior ..... Yet the results are pretty much identical and those other QB's had OL problems , and the same crap coaching & playcalling since 2014. Results are .... what they are. Watson hasn't really moved the needle in that aspect.

Reality is different from the perception ...

Without the team being made better, I've had little hope that the needle was going to move. The team is so much more than just a QB. One thing I know for certain......there aren't many Texans fans crying for the return of any of the prior QB's over Watson. So before I stick a final grade on Watson, I'll keep grading the organization and coaching staff first and foremost.

The perception doesn't match reality ...

No it is not the perception here. You really needs to stop acting like this because some members don’t agree with you.
Wow

This offense is scoring over 28 points per game since OB has been gone. For the season that would be top 10.

I don’t give two shits about perception. Perception is shallow and lazy. The reality is one man does not a team make. Hoyer and others may have won enough to hang a banner but those teams were much different than what’s out there now. Much better defense, and even just a decent run game can make a huge impact.

So if you’re saying Watson isn’t much different as far as wins and losses are concerned, than what Hoyer, Os, whoever, then that’s just lazy.

Nothing Watson can do about a defense that can’t stop anyone and gives up 30.2 points per game. Hoyer, Fitz, Os, wouldn’t have won 10 games combined with a defense like that.

But the perception is Watson is better than all the QB's we've had prior .....
My friend I believe you have blinders on. We don’t have the defense or the run games those other QBs had.

I agree Watson is not as good as many claim here. But he is in no way reclamation project.

My friend I believe you have blinders on. We don’t have the defense or the run games those other QBs had.

I agree Watson is not as good as many claim here. But he is in no way reclamation project.

But who is claiming he’s the best? Isn’t he not a top 10-12 quarterback in this league? Would he be much better if he had a better play caller, offensive line, and better running game?

But who is claiming he’s the best? Isn’t he not a top 10-12 quarterback in this league? Would he be much better if he had a better play caller, offensive line, and better running game?

What QB wouldn't be much better with all of these things?

What I think he needs to be more successful is a dominate TE. A great TE opens up so many things.

Watson is NOT Brady

Watson is NOT Brady. N

Let's get it straight, Watson is NOT Brady. He is not even in the same zip code as Brady. You have Brady, Brees, Rogers and Big Ben. The last of the multiple MVP, SB Champion winning and HOF bound QBs. Then you have Mahomes, Jackson and Wentz who are right on the cusp of top QB in the league talk and SB winner/MVP. Then you have a Watson and others. Make no mistake he is good, but he is not yet there.
You had me until you said Wentz.....injuries have taken on toll on him lately. Mahomes is already better than Ben and Brees imo. It's mahomes Wilson and rogers in any order for me

Or we will find out if we land a good GM and HC.

But as of right now and under the terrible circumstances /dysfunctional crap he had work with. I would say he has performed pretty darn good.

So if DW4 doesn't play well under the new regime it will be because the new GM/HC wasn't good enough even though DW4's on the hiring committee?

You had me until you said Wentz.....injuries have taken on toll on him lately. Mahomes is already better than Ben and Brees imo. It's mahomes Wilson and rogers in any order for me

Followed by Brady/Ben and the rookies Burrow/Herbert.

I'd actually put Josh Allen ahead of the rookies and possibly Ben, he's a baller imo.

As for the rookies, still early days for them both, wait til the defenses have a few more game tapes and see how they respond, but they do look promising.

Saying Josh Allen is better than DW4 is sacreligious around these parts.

So if DW4 doesn't play well under the new regime it will be because the new GM/HC wasn't good enough even though DW4's on the hiring committee?

Bwhahaha dude you really needs to stop this crazy stuff. It’s strange to me on how you quickly gave O’Brien a pass and then gave him more time because you thought Rick Smith was the problem. Why doesn’t Watson get the same love?

Bwhahaha dude you really needs to stop this crazy stuff. It’s strange to me on how you quickly gave O’Brien a pass and then gave him more time because you thought Rick Smith was the problem. Why doesn’t Watson get the same love?

That's not what I asked you, I asked you since you think the HC is the only problem with DW4 how long will you give Bienemy to work with DW4 before you expect to start seeing results? After all you've said many times BOB's scheme is what's wrong with DW4. Well, if Bienemy is the HC DW4 will be playing in the scheme you specifically want.

I will tell you how long I will give DW4 to adjust to a possible Bienemy scheme, 1 yr and if he hasn't improved buy game 4-5 of yr 2 then I think what I've been saying about DW4 will be valid.

Since we're playing the game of, "what if's".......what if the GM and HC are better than expected and the final result was getting to see Watson hit all the right notes on gameday while becoming a top QB many of us have predicted he would be once the other areas of the team were finally improved.

Since we're playing the game of, "what if's".......what if the GM and HC are better than expected and the final result was getting to see Watson hit all the right notes on gameday while becoming a top QB many of us have predicted he would be once the other areas of the team were finally improved.

I will be the happiest fan of them all, because this means there will be Lombardi's down on Kirby. It's obvious some think I'm rooting for DW4 to fail and that couldn't be the farthest thing from the truth.

I will be the happiest fan of them all, because this means there will be Lombardi's down on Kirby. It's obvious some think I'm rooting for DW4 to fail and that couldn't be the farthest thing from the truth.
You keep hedging your bet in different threads. You clearly are rooting for him to fail and criticize him at every turn, regardless of the facts. You are as biased as they come.

53.6 QBR 63.3% completion

59.4% completion 66QBR

What is this called? Minus an INT the Jags QB played nearly as good as Watson and his % complete is better... that's not good.

So yes, I want him to get better. Yet so far he has not shown anything that says he is. So,if a new HC and system come in and we get the same thing we have been. How long until you say Watson is not working? Is it games or seasons?

You keep hedging your bet in different threads. You clearly are rooting for him to fail and criticize him at every turn, regardless of the facts. You are as biased as they come.

He is saying that like myself IF you have a new HC and system and you continue to get mediocre play with the same mistakes. INTs on the run as seen on college film, holding the ball to long and getting hit not throwing it away, missing what DBs are doing. How long do you give him before you say "Ok Watson is not working"? That's the question.

Without the team being made better, I've had little hope that the needle was going to move. The team is so much more than just a QB. One thing I know for certain......there aren't many Texans fans crying for the return of any of the prior QB's over Watson. So before I stick a final grade on Watson, I'll keep grading the organization and coaching staff first and foremost.

I will admit it I would take 12 win Schaub over Watson. He could read a D and he would throw it away. He is not as athletic as Watson, but he was pretty good at the same things Watson is NOT good at (throwing ball away, reading D).

53.6 QBR 63.3% completion

59.4% completion 66QBR

What is this called? Minus an INT the Jags QB played nearly as good as Watson and his % complete is better... that's not good.

So yes, I want him to get better. Yet so far he has not shown anything that says he is. So,if a new HC and system come in and we get the same thing we have been. How long until you say Watson is not working? Is it games or seasons?

It's going to be a decade for some.

The narrative will look something like this,

If DW4 had this or that he would be a GOAT. Look at it this way , they're already comparing him to the all time greats.

I think we may have the worst position coaching in the league. Until that is fixed and upgraded, we will see playmakers make plays and a lot of WTF was that. The only coach that did more with less was Weaver and the DL, and now that sucks too. So I see all this other stuff as just noise until this is corrected. Some of the OL play with that talent is embarrassing

I will admit it I would take 12 win Schaub over Watson. He could read a D and he would throw it away. He is not as athletic as Watson, but he was pretty good at the same things Watson is NOT good at (throwing ball away, reading D).

You’re 1000% accurate with this response right here. Matt is way better

Hold on amazing you can’t be talking like that around here. Lol

Steel is 100% accurate with his opinion about Watson.

So far I have been

Hopefully a new regime means DW4 turns a new leaf and becomes a championship level QB. I think as fans that's what we all want.

Just because I dont see it happening doesn't mean I dont want it to happen.

I think we may have the worst position coaching in the league. Until that is fixed and upgraded, we will see playmakers make plays and a lot of WTF was that. The only coach that did more with less was Weaver and the DL, and now that sucks too. So I see all this other stuff as just noise until this is corrected. Some of the OL play with that talent is embarrassing

It will not be corrected when you have an owner putting a 4yr player on the selection committee and not a guy like JJ (even if I don't feel any player should be on it) that has been around and has more football IQ. It is almost like giving your new car option to a 15yr old. They will not count the fact that you have 5 people that have to fit in it or the gas prices. Only that it is cool and they might be able to drive it in a year. Seriously consider this last part in bold.

G
I will admit it I would take 12 win Schaub over Watson. He could read a D and he would throw it away.

I appreciated Schaub when he was healthy. But if we had a playmaker at QB back then, we’d have got past the divisional round.

Give us a middle of the pack scoring defense now & we’d get past the divisional round. Even without a run game.

Back