Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans random thought of the day

TheRealJoker

Hall of Fame
Looking at John Metchie’s player comp from a draft profile coming out… Robert Woods. Both versatile WRs who take pride in their ability to do the dirty work as blockers. Team-first WRs rather than divas pouting about not getting the ball enough even in a win. Hope Metchie makes it back fully healthy!

Player Comparison: Robert Woods. Woods (6-0, 195) and Metchie are almost identical in size and have similar skill sets. Neither is especially dominant with size or speed, but they are polished receivers who are solid No. 2 targets. If Metchie lands in the right circumstances, he could end up being a receiver similar to Woods.

Khelar

Rookie
Looking at John Metchie’s player comp from a draft profile coming out… Robert Woods. Both versatile WRs who take pride in their ability to do the dirty work as blockers. Team-first WRs rather than divas pouting about not getting the ball enough even in a win. Hope Metchie makes it back fully healthy!

Player Comparison: Robert Woods. Woods (6-0, 195) and Metchie are almost identical in size and have similar skill sets. Neither is especially dominant with size or speed, but they are polished receivers who are solid No. 2 targets. If Metchie lands in the right circumstances, he could end up being a receiver similar to Woods.
My only issue with this is it feels like we have 3 WR #2’s with Woods, Collins, and Metchie.

Unfortunately with this being a weak WR class at the top and a weak free agent market maybe there just weren’t many options. Still we gotta find a true number 1 at some point soon

TheRealJoker

Hall of Fame
My only issue with this is it feels like we have 3 WR #2’s with Woods, Collins, and Metchie.

Unfortunately with this being a weak WR class at the top and a weak free agent market maybe there just weren’t many options. Still we gotta find a true number 1 at some point soon
Luckily there are plenty of TEs to choose from…. the #1 passing target doesn’t necessarily have to be a WR. The WRs on the Chiefs are a bunch of role players as well… but they have Travis Kelce.

The 49ers have had Kittle be their #1 option for years until Deebo came into his own and inserted himself into that convo.

Don’t necessarily need a 100 catch vacuum target hog like the Texans are used to with AJ and Hopkins. Especially if they plan to run the ball.

I want the alpha TE and there are at least 4 imo this draft (Mayer, Kincaid, Musgrave and Washington).

AcresHomesTexan

No Longer Arlington: Escaped From Jerry's World
Staff member

On stop stopping for random Texans rumors over the last couple of days, all fwiw

badboy

Hall of Fame
Luckily there are plenty of TEs to choose from…. the #1 passing target doesn’t necessarily have to be a WR. The WRs on the Chiefs are a bunch of role players as well… but they have Travis Kelce.

The 49ers have had Kittle be their #1 option for years until Deebo came into his own and inserted himself into that convo.

Don’t necessarily need a 100 catch vacuum target hog like the Texans are used to with AJ and Hopkins. Especially if they plan to run the ball.

I want the alpha TE and there are at least 4 imo this draft (Mayer, Kincaid, Musgrave and Washington).
Well 2 of those alphas should be available in round 2.

Texansphan

Football connoisseur
If you aren’t listening to Texan Cap’s shows on youtube you are missing out! Excellent insight and long-form content us Texan fan addicts are always starving for…

You know, I have listened to a lot of talking heads and yet, they rarely offer more insight than what I have seen on our humble forum here.
Some of our buds in here have as much insight as they do which is one of the reasons I love this site.
I just wish a few in particular would post more often - which is why I like to ask them specific questions.

Texansballer74

The Marine
If you aren’t listening to Texan Cap’s shows on youtube you are missing out! Excellent insight and long-form content us Texan fan addicts are always starving for…

Great podcast, very informative.

Thanks for sharing

badboy

Hall of Fame
You know, I have listened to a lot of talking heads and yet, they rarely offer more insight than what I have seen on our humble forum here.
Some of our buds in here have as much insight as they do which is one of the reasons I love this site.
I just wish a few in particular would post more often - which is why I like to ask them specific questions.
You can use PMs for specific questions.

welsh texan

You may say I’m a dreamer but I’m not the only one
I heard on Around the NFL podcast that Tunsil has formally requested a trade and been allowed to shop for one? This was from a few days ago (Wednesday I think?) but not sure I’d read that here or seen it anywhere else? May have missed it I’ve not been across everything this FA.

Whilst the FA frenzy has been underwhelming it absolutely is the right way to build your team, find fits and don’t overpay or commit long term, people get paid in FA on the back of 1 year performance when some of them have a track record of not achieving.

Build through the draft is fine by me, just might take some time before I’m happy watching it.

badboy

Hall of Fame
I heard on Around the NFL podcast that Tunsil has formally requested a trade and been allowed to shop for one? This was from a few days ago (Wednesday I think?) but not sure I’d read that here or seen it anywhere else? May have missed it I’ve not been across everything this FA.

Whilst the FA frenzy has been underwhelming it absolutely is the right way to build your team, find fits and don’t overpay or commit long term, people get paid in FA on the back of 1 year performance when some of them have a track record of not achieving.

Build through the draft is fine by me, just might take some time before I’m happy watching it.
I've heard of rumors only that teams such as Bears and Chiefs might be interested in Tunsil. Nothing from Chiefs since extending Right Tackle with thoughts of moving him to left.

Khelar

Rookie

I haven’t heard that Tunsil requested a trade and I feel like that would be big news so not sure whoever said that had it right. He also was saying to reporters like a month ago that he wanted to stay in Houston for what it’s worth

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
Now if we can figure a way to turn those 2023 round ones into more picks...
If the Panthers pick Stroud (as expected) I believe the Texans and Caserio will have plenty of interested teams calling about the #2 pick.

Colts have their bridge QB in Minshew, so they may be willing to sit tight and let Richardson or Levis come to them. The question could be…..who’s going to trade up for Bryce Young? I don’t believe any team will make a move to #2 for Will Anderson Jr and will take their chances of him falling to them.

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
The Texans’ other leaders in performance-based pay:
Quarterback Davis Mills $420,390
Running back Dameon Pierce $266,813

How in the hell does Davis Mills get more in "performance pay" than Dameon Pierce? What a joke.

sandman

Brexit Advisor
The Texans’ other leaders in performance-based pay:
Quarterback Davis Mills $420,390
Running back Dameon Pierce $266,813

How in the hell does Davis Mills get more in "performance pay" than Dameon Pierce? What a joke.
Guessing something in contract language for a 3rd round pick vs. 4th round pick? Percentage of salary? Missed games (2 vs. 4)? Value of QB position vs. RB position? It feels like a lot of factors in play here, if I'm blindly throwing darts. I can see a potential "why" even though Pierce meant much more to this offense than Mills did.

badboy

Hall of Fame
Caserio seems to be setting up round one of the draft to trade down unless he feels that a player there is a slam dunk starter.

Rounds 2 and 3 have good players at almost every position except QB and Hooker should be in one of those rounds.