Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans random thought of the day

For those of you who did not know of Casserio's football playing history.

NICK CASERIO John Carrol University
CLASS 1999
INDUCTION 2009

A USA Football Honorable Mention All-American following the 1998 season, Caserio made history as the starting quarterback for first JCU team to win a Division III playoff game. He would wind up his career statistics with a school record 8,434 passing yards, which also stood as the 3rd best total in OAC history at the time he graduated.

Graduating with 16 school records to his credit, Caserio was a four-year letterwinner and starter and a two-time team captain. Twice named to the All-OAC second team, Caserio's record as a starter was 29-6-2.

For good measure, he was also named Academic All-OAC First Team and Academic All-District IV First Team as a senior.

The time Texans GM Nick Caserio threw a 67-yard pass to Raiders coach Josh McDaniels at John Carroll University
MARK LANE
Sat, Apr 15, 2023, 9:38 AM CDT1 min read

John Carroll University is one of the less notable yet significant parts of the NFL in the 2000s.
Houston Texans general manager Nick Caserio played quarterback for the Blue Streaks from 1995-98. Other John Carroll football alumni include Las Vegas Raiders coach Josh McDaniels, Raiders general manager Dave Ziegler, and even former Super Bowl champion linebacker London Fletcher.

Dov Kleiman obtained footage of some of their time together playing for the Blue Streaks. In the following clip, Caserio, who plays quarterback, throws a 67-yard pass to McDaniels that sets up John Carroll first-and-goal at the 2-yard line, trailing 14-10 with 4:12 to go in the third quarter.

Though 10 years younger than Caserio, Texans special teams coordinator Frank Ross is also an alumnus of John Carroll University, as was the late Don Shula.

For those of you who did not know of Casserio's football playing history.

NICK CASERIO John Carrol University
CLASS 1999
INDUCTION 2009

A USA Football Honorable Mention All-American following the 1998 season, Caserio made history as the starting quarterback for first JCU team to win a Division III playoff game. He would wind up his career statistics with a school record 8,434 passing yards, which also stood as the 3rd best total in OAC history at the time he graduated.

Graduating with 16 school records to his credit, Caserio was a four-year letterwinner and starter and a two-time team captain. Twice named to the All-OAC second team, Caserio's record as a starter was 29-6-2.

For good measure, he was also named Academic All-OAC First Team and Academic All-District IV First Team as a senior.

The time Texans GM Nick Caserio threw a 67-yard pass to Raiders coach Josh McDaniels at John Carroll University
MARK LANE
Sat, Apr 15, 2023, 9:38 AM CDT1 min read

John Carroll University is one of the less notable yet significant parts of the NFL in the 2000s.
Houston Texans general manager Nick Caserio played quarterback for the Blue Streaks from 1995-98. Other John Carroll football alumni include Las Vegas Raiders coach Josh McDaniels, Raiders general manager Dave Ziegler, and even former Super Bowl champion linebacker London Fletcher.

Dov Kleiman obtained footage of some of their time together playing for the Blue Streaks. In the following clip, Caserio, who plays quarterback, throws a 67-yard pass to McDaniels that sets up John Carroll first-and-goal at the 2-yard line, trailing 14-10 with 4:12 to go in the third quarter.

Though 10 years younger than Caserio, Texans special teams coordinator Frank Ross is also an alumnus of John Carroll University, as was the late Don Shula.
Caserio stared down his receiver. Lucky it wasn't picked off.

Chargers GM Tom Telesco is a John Carroll alum (1991-95, WR). Longtime NFL assistant Greg Roman was a d-lineman on the same John Carroll team as Telesco. Former Jaguar GM David Caldwell was a JCU LB from 1992-96.

Caserio stared down his receiver. Lucky it wasn't picked off.

Chargers GM Tom Telesco is a John Carroll alum (1991-95, WR). Longtime NFL assistant Greg Roman was a d-lineman on the same John Carroll team as Telesco. Former Jaguar GM David Caldwell was a JCU LB from 1992-96.
Well how tall is nick caserio? He's already under contract.

He did avoid
It's not his height, it's the frame that's the problem. He's going to get roughed up by the bigger GMs on deals.
He did avoid a sack and put Easterbye out of the game. His footwork better than I thought. If he does well in the next challenge on 27th, he could have a good season.

Simone Biles shared that she and fiancé Jonathan Owens obtained their marriage license as it's "almost time to say 'I do.'" Learn about their romance that's wo...

I am in no way a cap expert, but it seems like this would be the right time to pay to have an All Pro to help lead the kids and show them how to play. Baker would be like another coach on the field, but do they already have that in Ward? After this year there is tons of cap space and very few high priced contracts. The positions which are normally very expensive will be on rookie contracts (Except Tunsil). Even if the future QB is drafted next year. Tunsil and Howard will be on high paid contracts. Anyone else?

I hate how any player can have a single digit number these days. Or the number 0. I liked the old system tried and true just like Tom Brady!
Why does it matter what number a player has? For announcers, I understand they would rather have a grouping for player numbers but why do fans care?

Why does it matter what number a player has? For announcers, I understand they would rather have a grouping for player numbers but why do fans care?

I don't think my wife ever knew or cared about the number groupings for players.

But when they opened it up. She was like, "What the what? What is this chicanery?!? Make them stop this nonsense immediately!" Or something similar.

Just resistant to change?

That's probably a big factor in why we've been married for so long. :)

But seriously, I didn't even expect her to notice, but she was using the number ranges (even if she didn't consciously know what they were) to identify types of players. I mean, in the first game of the season, she saw Pitre and was like, "Why is there a QB on the field when we're on defense?"

That's probably a big factor in why we've been married for so long. :)

But seriously, I didn't even expect her to notice, but she was using the number ranges (even if she didn't consciously know what they were) to identify types of players. I mean, in the first game of the season, she saw Pitre and was like, "Why is there a QB on the field when we're on defense?"
Good for her! I think most fans identify players they enjoy watching and then associate player with whatever number is on the back of the jersey.

Good for her! I think most fans identify players they enjoy watching and then associate player with whatever number is on the back of the jersey.

Saturday's Astros game was Jackie Robinson Day. The wife did not like everyone wearing #42 with no names. Our season tix are in Section 310 and she said "up here without their right numbers it is just big guys and little guys"

We are going to be AFC South Division Champs this year. That’s the goal this year.

I base it on nothing more than being a fan. And we had a great draft, great FA pickup, and a great HC. Everything has come together. We have a pretty good roster. It is good enough to win the AFC South.

Because the Jags suck. Titans suck. Colts suck.

Yes. I am that guy. That fan.

We are going to be AFC South Division Champs this year. That’s the goal this year.

I base it on nothing more than being a fan. And we had a great draft, great FA pickup, and a great HC. Everything has come together. We have a pretty good roster. It is good enough to win the AFC South.

Because the Jags suck. Titans suck. Colts suck.

Yes. I am that guy. That fan.

I wouldn’t say those teams “suck”. Except the Titans who are definitely past their window. Jags are in the driver’s seat and Colts are about the same level as Texans. But it can go to anybody this year and that’s exciting!

I wouldn’t say those teams “suck”. Except the Titans who are definitely past their window. Jags are in the driver’s seat and Colts are about the same level as Texans. But it can go to anybody this year and that’s exciting!

If they weren’t put division rivals I might give them their just due, but since they are our division rivals they suck.

So you are wrong.

AFCSouth is going to be interesting this season and not just for those teams.
With three of the four top QBs in this division there will be plenty of interest from around the league from those said QBs ( college) fans.
It could also be a winnable division for our Texans - the main bogeyman will be Trevor Lawrence but if we can get enough pressure on him, he may be vulnerable just like any QB.
Looking forward to it all.

Damn cashing in on the Columbia blue!
I think the Titans own the rights to "Columbia Blue", but you cannot own rights to a color. We will probably have a different name for the color, but I can see this color being used on special days much like Battle Red was. In fact with the new red helmets in place, maybe they are doing away with battle red uni's and replacing it with this blue instead. I am excited to find out.

I just hope they dont end up giving the Cards a top 10 pick.
Tits got 7 in '22 and picked 11th.
We will have to win the division to make sure we don't give them higher than that.
Until then, I ain't tripping - all I want is to see all the rookies hit. If that happens, then this team is going to be good.

Tits got 7 in '22 and picked 11th.
We will have to win the division to make sure we don't give them higher than that.
Until then, I ain't tripping - all I want is to see all the rookies hit. If that happens, then this team is going to be good.
Impatientence leads to mistake.

They had the opportunity to build a dynasty down on Kirby. SMH.

I think the Titans own the rights to "Columbia Blue", but you cannot own rights to a color. We will probably have a different name for the color, but I can see this color being used on special days much like Battle Red was. In fact with the new red helmets in place, maybe they are doing away with battle red uni's and replacing it with this blue instead. I am excited to find out.
All I know is they are making me wait until next year to buy a jersey now.

Back