Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans random thought of the day

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
People get down on certain players because that’s not who they wanted the team to draft or pick up in free agency. Just like you were so down Watson when we drafted him.

Personally I don’t get done on these players. I believe in letting things play out. If they don’t cut the mustard, then drop them and move on.
Fair enough

Texansphan

Football connoisseur
This has nothing to do with koolaid for me.

This has to do with whether Mills becomes the QB of the future and right now all we know is he's talented but needs coaching. (Like all rookie QB's.) If this one pick works out very well then all of the above post will be for naught.

For you to already have made the decision that Mills isn't a franchise QB is way to early to be making this call. IMHO
I think Mills has a better chance at becoming a starter than Tom Savage did when we drafted him.
Quite a few around here were very hopeful about TS including myself.
Mills need plenty of coaching to catch up on fer sure, but he has the right guy in place to catch up with in Pep Hamilton.
Mills is more intriguing than a cursory glance offers.
I will be watching with more than a little interest.

Texansphan

Football connoisseur
He just has a different way that he would like the team to be built. He wanted a total tear down and a 0 win team. I understand what he wanted and dont really disagree with him. Other than I think having a few guys like Tunsil to protect Mills and Cooks to teach a guy like Collins the ropes.

What I dont understand is why he's so down on Mills. Nobody has a clue how good of bad he is.
He actually has a ton of upside - I didn't really pay him much mind pre draft but now I am seeing why he was the #1 prospect coming out of high school.

Number19

Hall of Fame
Exactly, it’s like they have given up on Tyrod way before the season starts. Or just like a few have called the season a wash going 0-17 way before the players have entered the building for training camp.
Given up on Taylor? What ever gave you an indication that he was anything more than a stop gap short term solution at QB during our rebuild?

Every indication, after it was known Watson would never play another game for the Texans, is that the Texans would be drafting Watson's replacement. Everyone had their eye on 2022, but why should it be so surprising they would draft a QB this year.

Too much attention is given to what draftnics are projecting rather than trying to fathom what the Texans may be thinking. The pick did not surprise me, once it became evident those three 2nd tier QB's were falling into our range.

Texian

Hall of Fame
This has nothing to do with koolaid for me.
I'm afraid it might be Fentanyl. I don't know what else could explain your bizarre behavior. What else would make you jump into bed with Cal, Nick and Jack. One day you will wake up and say what the hell was I thinking. Then you will realize it must have been in the middle of your fentanyl days. :)

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I'm afraid it might be Fentanyl. I don't know what else could explain your bizarre behavior. What else would make you jump into bed with Cal, Nick and Jack. One day you will wake up and say what the hell was I thinking. Then you will realize it must have been in the middle of your fentanyl days. :)
I'm not a caserio fan, nor do I dislike him.

I understand what he's doing and hope it all works out. BTW, I would've rebuilt the Texans more than like what you wanted to do vs how Caserio has started his rebuild. In fact I would've taken it a step forward and traded all of the 2021 picks for 2022 picks because this would've ensured a 2021 tank and the 2022 draft is going to be exceptionally deep. Put all of those picks with the DW4 trade picks and you could rule the deep 2022 draft.

With that said, I've got no problem with Caserio taking with Mills as his QB and adding a big WR which the Texans badly needed in this draft. A different vision than ours but if he hits on Mills then the draft was a success.

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
I wonder how many Patriot fans were slapping high-fives and running around in circles screaming, “steal of the draft.....we got the ducking steal of the draft” after they announced the Brady selection?

I have no idea as to how Mills will develop but what I do know, based on tape, he’s got the requisite tools to succeed in the NFL.....up to the coaches to polish his attributes and modify the playbook to take advantage of his skill set.

By the way, how often in a season are QB’s given a 5+ second pocket that would then require a 60+ yard bullet? I’ve seen enough tape to know that he can time a throw with enough authority to lead his receiver 35-45 yards for a strike in stride.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I wonder how many Patriot fans were slapping high-fives and running around in circles screaming, “steal of the draft.....we got the ducking steal of the draft” after they announced the Brady selection?

I have no idea as to how Mills will develop but what I do know, based on tape, he’s got the requisite tools to succeed in the NFL.....up to the coaches to polish his attributes and modify the playbook to take advantage of his skill set.

By the way, how often in a season are QB’s given a 5+ second pocket that would then require a 60+ yard bullet? I’ve seen enough tape to know that he can time a throw with enough authority to lead his receiver 35-45 yards for a strike in stride.
One good thing about Mills is he is a very smart guy so learning the playbook wont be an issue. Just gotta get him used to the speed of the NFL game and teach him to read NFL type defenses. I like that they added 2 guys that can really help his development laster in the draft. I see Collins as a Dez Bryant kind of WR and Jordan as a Jordan Reed type TE. An upgrade over Akins. Warring has been put on notice.

Number19

Hall of Fame
One good thing about Mills is he is a very smart guy so learning the playbook wont be an issue. Just gotta get him used to the speed of the NFL game and teach him to read NFL type defenses. I like that they added 2 guys that can really help his development laster in the draft. I see Collins as a Dez Bryant kind of WR and Jordan as a Jordan Reed type TE. An upgrade over Akins. Warring has been put on notice.
I've always wondered how quickly rookies are given the playbook?

Texansballer74

The Marine
Given up on Taylor? What ever gave you an indication that he was anything more than a stop gap short term solution at QB during our rebuild?

Every indication, after it was known Watson would never play another game for the Texans, is that the Texans would be drafting Watson's replacement. Everyone had their eye on 2022, but why should it be so surprising they would draft a QB this year.

Too much attention is given to what draftnics are projecting rather than trying to fathom what the Texans may be thinking. The pick did not surprise me, once it became evident those three 2nd tier QB's were falling into our range.

He can be more than just a stop gap for a lot of ball clubs including the Texans. His last two stops he was just that for sure because those two teams already had their franchise quarterbacks ready to take over. Here in Houston our franchise quarterback is out of here. Therefore, a veteran like Tyrod could hold down the fort for at least 5 years. IMO of course. Quick question what if Tyrod and the Texans have a very successful season in which they make the playoffs. Do you extend TT or let him walk?

The pick didn't surprise me either other than who they drafted. I was thinking Mond but he was drafted right before our selection. So I was thinking they would go defense.

But my point is so many are already chalking up this season as a wash. That’s without any football being played or better yet training camp hasn’t even started yet.

Thorn

Dirty Old Man
He can be more than just a stop gap for a lot of ball clubs including the Texans. His last two stops he was just that for sure because those two teams already had their franchise quarterbacks ready to take over. Here in Houston our franchise quarterback is out of here. Therefore, a veteran like Tyrod could hold down the fort for at least 5 years. IMO of course. Quick question what if Tyrod and the Texans have a very successful season in which they make the playoffs. Do you extend TT or let him walk?

The pick didn't surprise me either other than who they drafted. I was thinking Mond but he was drafted right before our selection. So I was thinking they would go defense.

But my point is so many are already chalking up this season as a wash. That’s without any football being played or better yet training camp hasn’t even started yet.
Any QB than can get this mess into the playoffs needs to stay. :lol:

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
I'm not a caserio fan, nor do I dislike him.

I understand what he's doing and hope it all works out. BTW, I would've rebuilt the Texans more than like what you wanted to do vs how Caserio has started his rebuild. In fact I would've taken it a step forward and traded all of the 2021 picks for 2022 picks because this would've ensured a 2021 tank and the 2022 draft is going to be exceptionally deep. Put all of those picks with the DW4 trade picks and you could rule the deep 2022 draft.

With that said, I've got no problem with Caserio taking with Mills as his QB and adding a big WR which the Texans badly needed in this draft. A different vision than ours but if he hits on Mills then the draft was a success.
I liked this idea as well and felt some of that, much needed draft capital, would’ve slipped into 2023.

I’m definitely happy with the Collins pick and see him, Conley, and Cooks being pretty entertaining if the OL is improved.

I also heard Gil Brandt state on NFL Radio that the Texans got a steal in the Wallow, ILB out of TCU. High motor guy who smart and knows how to tackle.

Texansballer74

The Marine
I liked this idea as well and felt some of that, much needed draft capital, would’ve slipped into 2023 as well.

I’m definitely happy with the Collins pick and see him, Conley, and Cooks being pretty entertaining if the OL is improved.

I also heard Gil Brandt state on NFL Radio that the Texans got a steal in the Wallow, ILB out of TCU. High motor guy who smart and knows how to tackle.
I believe Lopez will be a steal too. The young man motor is high too.

Number19

Hall of Fame
... a veteran like Tyrod could hold down the fort for at least 5 years. IMO of course. Quick question what if Tyrod and the Texans have a very successful season in which they make the playoffs. Do you extend TT or let him walk?...
Taylor will be 32 years old in August and 2021 will be his 11th season. I think the plan has always been for just two years. But a lot will depend on two things. First, Mills will be given playing time this year for the coaches to evaluated his progress. And two, whether Taylor can stay healthy.

I don't think they would extend his contract under any circumstance this league year, but could very well offer him a new contract after the 2022 season.

The future is either Mills, or a 2022 QB.

Number19

Hall of Fame
I liked this idea as well and felt some of that, much needed draft capital, would’ve slipped into 2023.

You know, the Texans individual picks get some high marks, but somehow, it all adds up, in some opinions, to a D or F. Individually, I don't believe any of our picks receive less than a C(-).

Texian

Hall of Fame
What I dont understand is why he's so down on Mills. Nobody has a clue how good or bad he is.
It is not that I am so down on Mills as much as it is how high I am on Sam Howell.

It's not that I am so down on Mills as much as as how high I am on Quinn Meinerz who will likely see a few pro bowls over his 10 plus yr career.

Need I remind you how much the OL and DL were neglected over the other Belichick clerk's tenure? It looks like Caserio has picked right up where Billy Boy left off.

Last edited:

Texansballer74

The Marine
It is not that I am so down on Mills as much as it is how high I am on Sam Howell.

It's not that I am so down on Mills as much as as how high I am on Quinn Meinerz who will likely see a few pro bowls over his 10 plus yr career.

Need I remind you how much the OL and DL were neglected over the other Belichick clerk's tenure? It looks like Caserio has picked right up where Billy Boy left off.
Are you not following the Texans right now, if you are, then you would know they addressed both the offensive line and defensive line through free agency.

TheRealJoker

Hall of Fame

OL/DL was neglected under OB?

What do you call taking Clowney #1 overall, trading the farm for Tunsil, investing high picks on Howard, Scharping, Nick Martin, Blacklock...

Throw in Louis Nix too since he was a failed 3rd rounder and we are throwing temper tantrums about 3rd round picks nowadays because we disagree on the pick before games start...

The only thing that was neglected about the OL/DL is that he hung onto Devlin as OL coach way too long. The team used plenty of resources to address them both.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club

I'm not nearly as high on Howell as you are. I think he and Mills are comparable talent wise. Howell does have more experience though.

I liked Meinerz alot too and think he's a 10 yr starter. However I think it's very unfair to say Caserio neglected the OL after signing Taylor/ trading for Cannon and signing McCray in FA.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Dude, if you can't have rational conversation about it, then you're a fool. Davis Mills might be the next greatest QB ever, but that doesn't mean that right now there are concerns. 11 collegiate starts is one of them. An 18/8 TD/INT ratio is another.

You can have concerns that give you pause, and it doesn't make you a doom and gloomer. But no, you can't have rational conversation on here anymore because you get labeled. People choose a side and all logic is thrown out the window. Hell, we had someone bring up his high school stats somewhere.

I bet we can go back to last year's draft, and the one before, and the one before, and look at all the rainbows and sunshine people had about the draftees, while ignoring everything else. How did those drafts turn out? You wrote on here somewhere, "keep it 100". How about taking your own advice?
Right now we dont know what Mills is or is going to become. Some here are optimistic. Some are negative and some are taking a wait and see aproach.

My question on Mills is whether good coaching and being really smart can help him make up the ground he's lost because he's only started 11 games? The talent is there and Caserio bet on the talent. I've got no problem with the Mills pick.

Texian

Hall of Fame
Are you not following the Texans right now, if you are, then you would know they addressed both the offensive line and defensive line through free agency.
AKA rearranging the chairs on the Titanic. Wasting valuable draft capital to trade for a 2 guys who were going to be cut anyways. Borrowing money from 2022 and 2023 salary caps to sign a bunch of 1 year wonders who would have a hard time making the #40 - #53 players on a roster on most other teams. So you got that going for you.

Texansballer74

The Marine
AKA rearranging the chairs on the Titanic. Wasting valuable draft capital to trade for a 2 guys who were going to be cut anyways. Borrowing money from 2022 and 2023 salary caps to sign a bunch of 1 year wonders who would have a hard time making the #40 - #53 players on a roster on most other teams. So you got that going for you.
We didn’t have any draft capital to work with. Lol that was Bull O’Brien with that dumb stuff. Come on stop being picky dude and give Nick some time.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Really, trading a 4th for a 5th for Cannon is what this is all about? If that breaks the Caserio regime then it was going to be broken before he ever got here.

Just admit you didn't like the Caserio hire from the beginning and are anti anything Foxboro and move on.

Texian

Hall of Fame
Really, trading a 4th for a 5th for Cannon is what this is all about? If that breaks the Caserio regime then it was going to be broken before he ever got here.

Just admit you didn't like the Caserio hire from the beginning and are anti anything Foxboro and move on.
No, what this is all about is trading a 4th RD pick for an over the hill, 32 year old, who hasn't played ball in 2 years, with a 2 year $7MM a year contract, who was going to get cut by the Pats regardless, is just pure bad decision making. This is just one reason of many why I don't care for Caserio's management style. He has earned my discontent after he got here, not before. All things considered I would've taken my chances at signing Cannon as a FA for less money and no dead money. Being from Texas, Cannon was ready to come home. The Texans could've still offered him $7MM as it is highly unlikely another team would for his current resume. If they don't sign him no harm no foul and the salary cap is $7MM to the good. I would've much rather had Tommy Togiai DL from OSU with that 4th RD pick. To me Togiai makes a lot more sense than trading for Cannon.

Yes, I did have low expectations of having another Belichick clerk onboard. History is definitely onboard with low expectations. All Caserio is doing since he got here is confirming my low expectations of him. He had his chance to do otherwise. It started with Culley, then trading away valuable draft capital, restructuring 5 contracts and borrowing money from the 2022 and 2023 salary caps. This is all Caserio's doing, not mine. I see Caserio's actions as being fiscally irresponsible and putting the team in weaker disadvantageous position, not better. Caserio is sending the message that he really doesn't know what he's doing and that's not my doing, that is his. And it was Bob Kraft that threw Nick Caserio under the bus for 5 years of poor drafts that caused Kraft to spend $200MM in FA to right the ship. Bob is not making this up, the five years of bad drafts was also confirmed by PFF. So it is just not me.

So just to be clear, I now see a pattern here and management will not get any better. It will get worse. It has been cursed with an absence of common sense and clear logical thinking. This is exactly what you've been saying for the last decade. Nothing has changed. Cal didn't make things better, he shot himself in his other foot is what he did. This is typical Cal. The Texans are still the same old Texans but only worse.

Last edited:

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
No, what this is all about is trading a 4th RD pick for an over the hill, 32 year old, who hasn't played ball in 2 years, with a 2 year $7MM a year contract, who was going to get cut by the Pats regardless, is just pure bad decision making. This is just one reason of many why I don't care for Caserio's management style. He has earned my discontent after he got here, not before. All things considered I would've taken my chances at signing Cannon as a FA for less money and no dead money. Being from Texas, Cannon was ready to come home. The Texans could've still offered him $7MM as it is highly unlikely another team would for his current resume. If they don't sign him no harm no foul and the salary cap is $7MM to the good. I would've much rather had Tommy Togiai DL from OSU with that 4th RD pick. To me Togiai makes a lot more sense than trading for Cannon.

Yes, I did have my low expectations of having another Belichick clerk onboard. History is definitely onboard with that. All Caserio is doing since he got here is confirming my low expectations of him. He had his chance to do otherwise. It started with Culley, then trading away valuable draft capital, restructuring 5 contracts and borrowing money from the 2022 and 2023 salary caps. This is all Caserio's doing, not mine. I see Caserio's actions as being fiscally irresponsible and putting the team in weaker disadvantageous position, not better. Caserio is sending the message that he really doesn't know what he's doing and that's not my doing, that is his. And it was Bob Kraft that threw Nick Caserio under the bus for 5 years of poor drafts that caused Kraft to spend $200MM in FA to right the ship. So it is just not me.

So just to be clear, I now see a pattern here and management will not get any better. It will get worse. It has been cursed with an absence of common sense and clear logical thinking. This what you've been saying for the last decade. Nothing has changed. Cal didn't make things better, he shot himself in his other foot is what he did. The Texans are still the same old Texans but only worse.
Cannon is a three time Super Bowl champion. Paying a premium or locking a player to shape the culture of this locker room that is void of any leadership is needed. That’s what smart GMs do.

Kraft said what he said and shortly after it was reported that Belicheck would start listening to his scouts more. Also - who really thinks is calling the shots over there? An assistant to Belicheck or Belicheck himself?

The last 5 years the Patriots have drafted at the back because of their success winning two and losing one Super Bowl. Plus they were penalized draft picks. It’s not hard to understand.

Cmon man. Use some common sense and clear logical thinking.

It could be worse. The Texans could have hired Eliot Wolf. That dude can’t hold down a job or be promoted. Too much jumping from job to job. Reminds me of Pep Hamilton.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Cannon is a three time Super Bowl champion. Paying a premium or locking a player to shape the culture of this locker room that is void of any leadership is needed. That’s what smart GMs do.

Kraft said what he said and shortly after it was reported that Belicheck would start listening to his scouts more. Also - who really thinks is calling the shots over there? An assistant to Belicheck or Belicheck himself?

The last 5 years the Patriots have drafted at the back because of their success winning two and losing one Super Bowl. Plus they were penalized draft picks. It’s not hard to understand.

Cmon man. Use some common sense and clear logical thinking.

It could be worse. The Texans could have hired Eliot Wolf. That dude can’t hold down a job or be promoted. Too much jumping from job to job. Reminds me of Pep Hamilton.
Liked great post.

Although I like Eliot Wolf.

Texansballer74

The Marine

Yes, I did have low expectations of having another Belichick clerk onboard. History is definitely onboard with low expectations. All Caserio is doing since he got here is confirming my low expectations of him. He had his chance to do otherwise. It started with Culley, then trading away valuable draft capital, restructuring 5 contracts and borrowing money from the 2022 and 2023 salary caps. This is all Caserio's doing, not mine. I see Caserio's actions as being fiscally irresponsible and putting the team in weaker disadvantageous position, not better. Caserio is sending the message that he really doesn't know what he's doing and that's not my doing, that is his. And it was Bob Kraft that threw Nick Caserio under the bus for 5 years of poor drafts that caused Kraft to spend $200MM in FA to right the ship. Bob is not making this up, the five years of bad drafts was also confirmed by PFF. So it is just not me.

So just to be clear, I now see a pattern here and management will not get any better. It will get worse. It has been cursed with an absence of common sense and clear logical thinking. This is exactly what you've been saying for the last decade. Nothing has changed. Cal didn't make things better, he shot himself in his other foot is what he did. This is typical Cal. The Texans are still the same old Texans but only worse.
Wow is all I can say to this.

Texian

Hall of Fame

I refer you to my post of a month ago on how Caserio earned my disrespect. And you are right I wasn't happy with Caserio's hiring much like I wasn't happy with the news when the Texans hired Bill O'Brien : Nick Caserio - New GM | Page 32 | Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Last edited:

Texian

Hall of Fame
For those who did not get it, this is me having a little fun at @steelbtexan expense. A little trash talking if you will. Steel B knows he has wondered off the reservation but the door is open for him to return anytime. He will return, so enjoy him while you got him. And no, FTR I never thought Steel B had a fentanyl problem or has ever taken fentanyl for that matter. It was a joke. So to those who thought I was serious, to you I say, lighten up Francis. :) <<< Smiley face indicates humor.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
For those who did not get it, this is me having a little fun at @steelbtexan expense. A little trash talking if you will. Steel B knows he has wondered off the reservation but the door is open for him to return anytime. He will return, so enjoy him while you got him. And no, FTR I never thought Steel B had a fentanyl problem or has ever taken fentanyl for that matter. It was a joke. So to those who thought I was serious, to you I say, lighten up Francis. :) <<< Smiley face indicates humor.
If Mills hits, you gotta be able to take what you're dishing out.

Texian

Hall of Fame
Well Davis Mills certainly does have the potential of becoming the Colt McCoy of backup QBs. A real Tom Savage he may be. This Sam Howell kid has the makings of being the next Drew Brees. :) I can see Davis backing up Sam. Sure!

Texansphan

Football connoisseur
I refer you to my post of a month on how Caserio earned my disrespect. And you are right I wasn't happy with Caserio's hiring much like I wasn't happy with the news when the Texans hired Bill O'Brien : Nick Caserio - New GM | Page 32 | Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com
3rd and 4th round QBs working out in the NFL are not common, but I think Seattle and Dallas are pretty happy.
Edit - Drew Brees was drafted 64th overall.

Last edited:

Texian

Hall of Fame
Or Howell could become the next Bortles.
Imagine if you can that the Texans did draft Bortles,

In 2015 the Texans wouldn't of had to go thru hell of the Hoyer and Mallett carousel while Bortles had more TD passes than Texans QBs combined.

In 2016 the Texans wouldn't of had to go through that awful Osweiler fiasco, saved tons of money and draft picks too while Bortles was throwing for 35 TDs.

In 2017 Bortles may have been able to get the Texans to the AFC Championship game like he did the Jags. A place the Texans are not familiar and have never been. Bortles would've prevented the Texans from drafting a perverted sexual predator as the face of the franchise

Not to mention that Bortles 103 TDs were much more productive than Clowney's 32 sacks......Just saying

1620150377136.png

Earl34

Hall of Fame
Imagine if you can that the Texans did draft Bortles,

In 2015 the Texans wouldn't of had to go thru hell of the Hoyer and Mallett carousel while Bortles had more TD passes than Texans QBs combined.

In 2016 the Texans wouldn't of had to go through that awful Osweiler fiasco, saved tons of money and draft picks too while Bortles was throwing for 35 TDs.

In 2017 Bortles may have been able to get the Texans to the AFC Championship game like he did the Jags. A place the Texans are not familiar and have never been. Bortles would've prevented the Texans from drafting a perverted sexual predator as the face of the franchise

Not to mention that Bortles 103 TDs were much more productive than Clowney's 32 sacks......Just saying

View attachment 8713
Usually, I can see valid points in your posts and can appreciate the way you defend yourself. However, there is no way I can bring myself to thinking the Texans would have been better off with a Bortles and O'Brien combination. Even with those 103 TDs and teams starving for QBs, Bortles is not even being considered a starting QB. That says it all.

Just as a reminder of how he locked on to his first read, stared down WRs and constantly getting fooled by zone coverages:

Texian

Hall of Fame
Usually, I can see valid points in your posts and can appreciate the way you defend yourself. However, there is no way I can bring myself to thinking the Texans would have been better off with a Bortles and O'Brien combination. Even with those 103 TDs and teams starving for QBs, Bortles is not even being considered a starting QB. That says it all.

Just as a reminder of how he locked on to his first read, stared down WRs and constantly getting fooled by zone coverages:

As bad as you want to portray Bortles he still turned out to be better than the collection of O'Brien misfits the Texans had in 2015. In 2016 Bortles would've saved the Texans from their entrance as the laughing stock of the NFL with Osweiler embarrassment. With all of his faults he did make it to the AFC Championship game in 2017 and a quarter away from the Super Bowl. So as bad you want to make Bortles out to be, your life as a Texans fan would've still been much better off with Bortles as a Texan. There is no getting around that even to this day. :)

To be fair Bortles also had 6 OC in 5 years with the Jags.

Last edited:

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
As bad as you want to portray Bortles he still turned out to be better than the collection of O'Brien misfits the Texans had in 2015. In 2016 Bortles would've saved the Texans from their entrance as the laughing stock of the NFL with Osweiler embarrassment. With all of his faults he did make it to the AFC Championship game in 2017 and a quarter away from the Super Bowl. So as bad you want to make Bortles out to be, your life as a Texans fan would've still been much better off with Bortles as a Texan. There is no getting around that even to this day. :)

To be fair Bortles also had 6 OC in 5 years with the Jags.

1. You assume O’Brein would have been able to have the same success as the Jaguars would have done with Bortles. That is a huge leap of faith. OB doesn’t know QBs.

2. Bortles had a league high 75 interceptions during his starting career. Almost as much as his TDS he threw. Horrible. Name a QB who threw for more interceptions during that time?

3. In Bortles first three years he fumbled the ball 29 times. Almost as much as Clowney’s sacks. Horrible.

4. In 5 short years of playing Bortles is tied at 34 for the 13 pick sixes. Joey Harrington and Matt Schaub are at 14. He got so high in such a short amount of time the DEA raided his house.

5. Bortling. That’s what Bortles created. A word to describe bad throws, bad decisions, turnovers, and interceptions. Bortles is nothing but a poor decision maker, inaccurate, and folds under pressure.

6. The Texans mistake wasn’t in the draft. Their mistake is hiring OB. Had he never happened in Texas we would never had the QB carousels we had.

7. Your assumption that drafting Bortles would have kept us off the QB carousel isn’t correct. He would have been a draft bust for us. Nothing more.

8. And you can’t fault the Texans for hiring OB. He was highly touted and regarded as the top coach to hire that year. The mistake is not firing him when Rick Smith stepped down.

Please. Try again.

[/QUOTE]

Rex Grossman says hello.