Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans random thought of the day

Carr Bombed

Hall of Fame
In one way or another the Texans have been disappointing for twenty years. Why would they change now? A few bright spots every now and then doesn't make up for the horseshit the Texans have been.

Starting with the name of the damn team. :lol:
and the logo of the team is just more bullshit.. :)

Last edited:

Carr Bombed

Hall of Fame
You might have a valid point here. When asked about Easterby's role, Cal and Caserio always respond with Jack is talented, he's gifted. He has several responsibilities. He is a key player and he is great at serving the organization. They have yet to answer exactly what Jack does.

Jack is the guy they hired to start dumping "softpeter" into the team cafeteria food, real reason Watson wanted out. I wouldn't trust him to perform any responsibility higher than that, because he doesn't have any qualifications higher than that.

Number19

Hall of Fame
Don't know if this deserves its own thread, but overlooked in the Watson fiasco, the Texans began their offseason workouts yesterday. Last year the workouts were virtual. There was an NFL memo last week saying teams could schedule on-site OTA's beginning April 19, but I find nothing about the 7 NFL teams with new head coaches which started Monday. The player's association wants OTA's to be virtual again this year. So the April 19th date for on-site workouts could still change.

paycheck71

Hall of Fame
I’d be really surprised to find there’s another dumbas doing the crap Watson is being accused of. I mean there’s dozens of TV shows & movies out there telling you how not to get caught.
Also, it seems like a personal affliction, not a group activity. Also, I don't understand why anyone would have to wait for Watson's dust to settle to come out with any accusations they may have against anyone else.

CWTexansFan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Contributor's Club
Embolded above is the title on the Bible that Buzbee uses as a north star. No doubt that Watson is guilty, to some extent or another .... but the classless muckraking that this ambulance chaser is engaging in, makes me want to puke. He's not seeking justice .... even the money is secondary .... it's fame and notoriety that he so desperately craves ! What a worm ! No wait .... if your a gutter or garbage dweller, I guess he could be a maggot ! The first announcement, focused on a poor girl who rubbed adult bodies for a living. When she saw his erection, it unnerved her so badly, she ran away in such shock violently sick to her stomach and sh!t her pants during the retreat. Yeah .... Right ! Of course, someone with a little class advised Buzbee to stop that report ! Watson is most likely guilty, and possibly needs therapy, but .... he doesn't turn my stomach nearly as badly as Buttbee !
What?
The?
****?
Is?
This?

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club

AcresHomesTexan

No Longer Arlington: Escaped From Jerry's World
Staff member

Just in case someone cares that football players are getting ready to play football...

Texansphan

Football connoisseur
If Teddy Bridgewater fetches a 6th, perhaps we can get Brett Hundley for one of our lower 6ths from Arizona...
He is good with his legs as well as serving time with three nfl franchises.
I think he can be better than Findley and is already familiar with three different offenses and took over from Aaron Rogers when he was injured in 2017. Would be a known quantity compared to a rookie.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
If Teddy Bridgewater fetches a 6th, perhaps we can get Brett Hundley for one of our lower 6ths from Arizona...
He is good with his legs as well as serving time with three nfl franchises.
I think he can be better than Findley and is already familiar with three different offenses and took over from Aaron Rogers when he was injured in 2017. Would be a known quantity compared to a rookie.
What makes you think Hundley can be a starting QB in the NFL?

Bridgewater has proven he is a lower tier starting QB.

Texian

Hall of Fame
The Latest in Kirby Logic:
In a year where the Texans had more holes to fill than any other team, the Texans traded away 3 of their draft picks. They started the draft with 8 draft picks and ended the draft with 5 players drafted.

Last edited:

Texansphan

Football connoisseur
The Latest in Kirby Logic:
In a year where the Texans had more holes to fill than any other team, the Texans traded away 3 of there draft picks. They started the draft with 8 draft picks and ended the draft with 5 players drafted.
Well seriously - how many draftees past R3 are gonna turn into solid starters?
You need 1st and 2nd rounders and trades to get the best ones.
After R4 they're real lottery picks anyway.

Texian

Hall of Fame
The draft and this season is a wash. Next year is when the real stuff happens. That's when we judge the current brain trust of the Texans.
Next year like this year the Texans will start with 8 draft picks. (Oops maybe Nick has traded some of those away. (stay tuned) Next year the Texans will likely end up drafting only 5 players like they did this year. Fans should note that the teams that draft 10 players vs teams that only draft 5 players will have the advantage.

One thing that we have learned about Caserio in his very short tenure is he has no problem mortgaging future salary caps, restructuring contracts and trading away current and future draft capital. Much like his compatriot and the previous Belichick clerk Bill O'Brien.

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
Well seriously - how many draftees past R3 are gonna turn into solid starters?
You need 1st and 2nd rounders and trades to get the best ones.
After R4 they're real lottery picks anyway.
I really feel as though RD3 and later players need solid coaching at the next level.....same kind of coaching that made them starters at the next level after leaving HS. I hope the staff that the Texans and Caserio assembled have coaching up in their DNA. The players drafted have the talent to make the next step.....let’s see the coaches do something different than the past regimes.

Texian

Hall of Fame
:spit:

I would love to see where you've been proven right even once. Hell you even prove yourself wrong, in the Mills thread you talked about Tampa having the best draft but your own chart shows they weren't even in the top 20. You talk about how great Wolf is doing, even though it one draft and drafts can't really be graded till about 3 years have passed, but did you completely miss the huge amount of money they just dropped on F/As. Not sure what the Packers or Rodgers has to do with any of this but sure keep using that filler.

Either way this is the wrong thread for this conversation so I'll give you the last word or we can continue in the Caserio thread.
Nice charts......literally don’t mean shite at the moment since it’s only based on projectables. I would never give a draft grade until these players are on the field of play. I think every draft class should be graded on the business matrix.

Season 1: Are they learning, becoming part of the team and acclimating to the NFL?
Season 2: Are the picks holding their own and competing as starters or solid backups?
Season 3: Have the players selected become solid starters, contributing backups, or just general assets overall to the team?

Do teams who got solid A pluses after the draft hold those A pluses 3 years later. Like I stated.....give two shites about draft grades, I’ll take progress grades over a period of 3 seasons to better judge a draft.
Except Jeremiah is not piped into the Saints conversation as the draft is unfolding. What he said was pure speculation & most likely had no bearing on the Saints decision.

I’m just saying you can’t take what those guys are saying as fact, especially not in a situation lol that.
Can you see there is a little room between badmouthing a player and saying he’s great everything is rosy?

Particularly when talking to someone you have previously worked with in the past who you can discuss things with confidence it is not being leaked to the media?

Something as simple as, “He is or is not a good fit for your system/coaching style” is much different than outright bad mouthing a player.
OK all of you Kool Aid drinkers and Excuse Makers, I'm going to take a short leave of absence. I'll be back with the next BIG FUBAR from Cal/Nick/Jack/Texans. Maybe by the end of the week? Until then continue to revel in the glory and genius of Nick Caserio. Y'all do realize you are making your bed with Cal, Nick Caserio and Jack Easterby, right? Until then, maybe y'all can learn the fight song from The Greater Atlanta Christian School? :)

Texansphan

Football connoisseur
OK all of you Kool Aid drinkers and Excuse Makers, I'm going to take a short leave of absence. I'll be back with the next BIG FUBAR from Cal/Nick/Jack/Texans. Maybe by the end of the week? Until then continue to revel in the glory and genius of Nick Caserio. Y'all do realize you are making your bed with Cal, Nick Caserio and Jack Easterby, right? Until then, maybe y'all can learn the fight song from The Greater Atlanta Christian School? :)
Perhaps you aren't quite the GM you think yourself to be.
I'll take Nick Caserio any day of the week.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Depends on the quality and depth of the roster.
This wasn't the draft for adding quality depth in the later rds. (A very shallow draft) Next yrs draft, with all of the opts outs and the transfer rules being changed should be a banner yr for 4th/5th rd picks.

Good news is that the Texans should have high picks from their suckage next season plus the bevy of picks they should get from the DW4 trade. The equivalent of two 1st rd picks in next yrs draft is like gold. Caserio can move around and add 4/5 better quality defensive guys than what was available in this draft. If Caserio got this right and Mills is the guy the Texans are going to be well positioned. If not, they're going to suck and they can take another swing at finding a QB in next yrs draft. A pretty good strategy from your so called clerk.

Last edited:

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
This has nothing to do with koolaid for me.

This has to do with whether Mills becomes the QB of the future and right now all we know is he's talented but needs coaching. (Like all rookie QB's.) If this one pick works out very well then all of the above post will be for naught.

For you to already have made the decision that Mills isn't a franchise QB is way to early to be making this call. IMHO

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Perhaps you aren't quite the GM you think yourself to be.
I'll take Nick Caserio any day of the week.
He just has a different way that he would like the team to be built. He wanted a total tear down and a 0 win team. I understand what he wanted and dont really disagree with him. Other than I think having a few guys like Tunsil to protect Mills and Cooks to teach a guy like Collins the ropes.

What I dont understand is why he's so down on Mills. Nobody has a clue how good or bad he is.

Last edited:

Texansballer74

The Marine
He just has a different way that he would like the team to be built. He wanted a total tear down and a 0 win team. I understand what he wanted and dont really disagree with him. Other than I think having a few guys like Tunsil to protect Mills and Cooks to teach a guy like Collins the ropes.

What I dont understand is why he's so down on Mills. Nobody has a clue how good of bad he is.
People get down on certain players because that’s not who they wanted the team to draft or pick up in free agency. Just like you were so down on Watson when we drafted him.

Personally I don’t get down on these players. I believe in letting things play out. If they don’t cut the mustard, then drop them and move on.

Last edited: