Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans random thought of the day

The NFL has reduced Denzel Perryman's suspension down to two games from three games.
Thanks for posting and what I expected to happen. I am good with that decision. Perryman does have a long history of this type of penalty. Radio said 6. The three of us Texans fans watching at the time of his tackle all agreed he should have been thrown out of football. Now that would be extreme.

C.J. Stroud on MVP chatter: Just like they love me this week, they’ll hate me the next
By Myles Simmons

Published November 16, 2023 10:09 AM

Despite being nine games into his career, Texans quarterback C.J. Stroud has been one of the league’s top quarterbacks so far this season.

The No. 2 pick of this year’s draft, Stroud is leading the league in yards per game (291.8) and fewest interceptions (two). He’s also No. 3 in yards per attempt (8.3) and No. 6 in passer rating (101.0).

At 5-4, the Texans are the AFC’s No. 7 seed heading into a Week 11 matchup with the Cardinals. With a favorable schedule, it’s not farfetched to think

Stroud could lead Houston to the postseason for the first time since 2019.
With more and more people taking notice of what Stroud is doing with the Texans, the quarterback said this week that he just wants to keep working.
“It’s cool to have people recognize some of the things that I’ve done or — as a team, we’ve done. I don’t think it’s just me, but it’s really cool to see,” Stroud said in his Wednesday press conference. “Especially the vets who will reach out or say something on Twitter, and I have people who text me stuff [and] things like that, so I really appreciate that. It doesn’t go unnoticed.

“But still, at the same time, I just want more. I want to do better. I want to be as complete as I can. This game is a process, and I know every week I have to bring it. And I know I’m not being treated as a rookie anymore, so people are bringing their ‘A-game’ because they want to knock me off or whatever they think. For me, I just really want to keep getting better and better and keep that chip on my shoulder and just keep grinding.”

Stroud has completed 61.6 percent of his passes for 2,626 yards with 15 touchdowns — numbers that have put him on the fringes of the MVP conversation. He acknowledged that talk on Wednesday, though he’s not putting much stock in it.

“It’s been cool to be able to be in the [MVP] talk, but just like they love me this week, they’ll hate me the next,” Stroud said. “So, I don’t try to look at that stuff. I try to stay even-keeled and just stay on the straight and narrow, and just work really hard and make my teammates around me better.”

To that end, Stroud says he’s remaining “really hard” on himself when he watches what he’s done on film.

“I’m honest with myself, or at least I try to be,” Stroud said. “Even when I try to give myself leeway, my coaches don’t allow me to, so it’s a great balance that we have. When we watch film, we’re just brutally honest with each other [and] hold each other accountable. I feel like I’ve made some plays, but there’s some things that I still need to get better on, for sure. And I feel like it’s everybody every week.

“This game keeps you honest and it keeps you humble, you know? So, it’s a humbling game and it makes you really, really look yourself in the mirror and see, ‘Did you prepare the right way? Did you do this the right way?’ Because everything will be tested on that Sunday. The eye in the sky doesn’t lie.”

Glad the Texans backed out
It didn't happen because Ryans wanted Anderson.......and that wasn't going to happen if the original trade went through.

C.J. Stroud on MVP chatter: Just like they love me this week, they’ll hate me the next
By Myles Simmons

Published November 16, 2023 10:09 AM

Despite being nine games into his career, Texans quarterback C.J. Stroud has been one of the league’s top quarterbacks so far this season.

The No. 2 pick of this year’s draft, Stroud is leading the league in yards per game (291.8) and fewest interceptions (two). He’s also No. 3 in yards per attempt (8.3) and No. 6 in passer rating (101.0).

At 5-4, the Texans are the AFC’s No. 7 seed heading into a Week 11 matchup with the Cardinals. With a favorable schedule, it’s not farfetched to think

Stroud could lead Houston to the postseason for the first time since 2019.
With more and more people taking notice of what Stroud is doing with the Texans, the quarterback said this week that he just wants to keep working.
“It’s cool to have people recognize some of the things that I’ve done or — as a team, we’ve done. I don’t think it’s just me, but it’s really cool to see,” Stroud said in his Wednesday press conference. “Especially the vets who will reach out or say something on Twitter, and I have people who text me stuff [and] things like that, so I really appreciate that. It doesn’t go unnoticed.

“But still, at the same time, I just want more. I want to do better. I want to be as complete as I can. This game is a process, and I know every week I have to bring it. And I know I’m not being treated as a rookie anymore, so people are bringing their ‘A-game’ because they want to knock me off or whatever they think. For me, I just really want to keep getting better and better and keep that chip on my shoulder and just keep grinding.”

Stroud has completed 61.6 percent of his passes for 2,626 yards with 15 touchdowns — numbers that have put him on the fringes of the MVP conversation. He acknowledged that talk on Wednesday, though he’s not putting much stock in it.

“It’s been cool to be able to be in the [MVP] talk, but just like they love me this week, they’ll hate me the next,” Stroud said. “So, I don’t try to look at that stuff. I try to stay even-keeled and just stay on the straight and narrow, and just work really hard and make my teammates around me better.”

To that end, Stroud says he’s remaining “really hard” on himself when he watches what he’s done on film.

“I’m honest with myself, or at least I try to be,” Stroud said. “Even when I try to give myself leeway, my coaches don’t allow me to, so it’s a great balance that we have. When we watch film, we’re just brutally honest with each other [and] hold each other accountable. I feel like I’ve made some plays, but there’s some things that I still need to get better on, for sure. And I feel like it’s everybody every week.

“This game keeps you honest and it keeps you humble, you know? So, it’s a humbling game and it makes you really, really look yourself in the mirror and see, ‘Did you prepare the right way? Did you do this the right way?’ Because everything will be tested on that Sunday. The eye in the sky doesn’t lie.”
"They" won't hate him but after three interceptions today he's probably lost some votes.

Since FOX has the double header the noon game on CBS will be the “national game” for them. more than likely it will go to over 50% of people. If it stayed status quo. The only folks that would see it are Texas and Denver. Imo I think it is good for the Texans
Is it good for the fans of those teams that have already made plans for a 3:oo start? But for the reasons you listed the NFL doesn't care about the fans of the teams playing the game.

Is it good for the fans of those teams that have already made plans for a 3:oo start? But for the reasons you listed the NFL doesn't care about the fans of the teams playing the game.
That’s an easy flex. What about the fans that get flexed from Sunday afternoon to Monday night? Or even Sunday afternoon to Sunday night?
And to your point the NFL doesn’t give a dam about the fans in ANY situation. They are all about the money 💰

You've never shown the outrage when it's another team that gets flexed

You've never shown the outrage when it's another team that gets flexed
I never have liked the flexed schedule.

It's all about the money for the NFL. I never thought they would turn their backs on their most loyal fans. Should've known better.

BTW, I'm not outraged.

Stoerner is really vocal that he thinks Watt is up to something. He wouldn't just be out on the field working with the players without a motive. He thinks Watt is testing the waters about possibly making a come back. Says Watt is obviously not at his peak level, but is in playing shape and would be productive, pointing to his last year at Arizonia as the level of play that would be possible.

I never have liked the flexed schedule.

It's all about the money for the NFL. I never thought they would turn their backs on their most loyal fans. Should've known better.

BTW, I'm not outraged.
In capitalism, it's always about the money. It's literally the life blood of commerce.

It ain't perfect, but I like capitalism. It sure beats any other alternative.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Since FOX has the double header the noon game on CBS will be the “national game” for them. more than likely it will go to over 50% of people. If it stayed status quo. The only folks that would see it are Texas and Denver. Imo I think it is good for the Texans

The 3:00 game slot is usually when I am sleeping off my buzz.

Now I have to start drinking later, nap at 6:00, then when I wake up I will be up all night.

The only alternative is to stay drunk all day.

Sigh. The sacrifices I make for this team.

This is hilarious:
Reminds me of the Browns being the "Kardiac Kids" with Brian Sipe as QB somewhere back in the late 70s early 80s. There was an urban legend that someone in a hospital was watching the game and had a heart attack and died right at the moment the Browns kicked the winning field goal. It's all kind of fuzzy to me but I do know it was somewhere in the 'Luv Ya Blue' years.

Reminds me of the Browns being the "Kardiac Kids" with Brian Sipe as QB somewhere back in the late 70s early 80s. There was an urban legend that someone in a hospital was watching the game and had a heart attack and died right at the moment the Browns kicked the winning field goal. It's all kind of fuzzy to me but I do know it was somewhere in the 'Luv Ya Blue' years.
Yeah the Browns with Brian Sipe, Mike & Gregg Pruitt along with Ozzie Newsome were my 2nd most hated team behind the Steelers during the end of the 70s and early 80s...only because they gave the Oilers fits.

• Houston Texans OC Bobby Slowik is receiving rave reviews for his work with C.J. Stroud and could be a target for a team looking to draft a QB in 2024.
5 NFL assistants likely to land a head coaching job this offseason (msn.com)

Jerrod Johnson is OC in training.

Texans fans will have to get used to this with a QB like Stroud.

The disadvantage Texans have is the HC is a former DC. So it will be similar to the OC issues Pittsburgh and New England went through and not like what San Francisco and Kansas City do.

I have said earlier since Cal is paying three head coaches at the same time if he bumped up Slowik’s pay after Culley’s and Lovie’s contracts fell off than Cal would still be saving money.

Jerrod Johnson is OC in training.

Texans fans will have to get used to this with a QB like Stroud.

The disadvantage Texans have is the HC is a former DC. So it will be similar to the OC issues Pittsburgh and New England went through and not like what San Francisco and Kansas City do.

I have said earlier since Cal is paying three head coaches at the same time if he bumped up Slowik’s pay after Culley’s and Lovie’s contracts fell off than Cal would still be saving money.
Lovey and Culley deals are not paid off for a few more years correct? I think your premise is correct that billionaire can up Slowik $ now. Question for me is Slowick probably wants to be a head coach and he can get the title plus millions of dollars. My hope Is he will not want to coach any of the teams that will come to him with an offer.

Lovey and Culley deals are not paid off for a few more years correct? I think your premise is correct that billionaire can up Slowik $ now. Question for me is Slowick probably wants to be a head coach and he can get the title plus millions of dollars. My hope Is he will not want to coach any of the teams that will come to him with an offer.

My hope is he isn’t leaving until after he gets a Super Bowl ring with the Texans.

Which means the Texans have to win one in the next three years because we don’t want to be in a situation that we lose Johnson one year to become an OC somewhere else and then lose Slowik the following year and have not a Super Bowl wins.

That is the worst case scenario.

Back