Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans random thought of the day

You won't have to wait that long. Monday night will be a good test for him. Bills/Pats
Mac had a shorter but better resume than A J McCarron.

I really didn't look at these QB prospects because the Texans had no chance at them, but Mac really had a pretty good resume.
He just doesn't have the big arm.

P.S. - We're going to SA next week, but the in-laws decided to tag along; I won't have the chance to sneak out so I'll need a raincheck.
If there's just the BIL (right around my age) that I often watch football with, I could get him to go along, but with the older BIL (and his wife) also in the group, it wouldn't be right.

The truth is that Brady and Belicheck is what happens when find a pot of gold that a unicorn **** out at the end of the rainbow while the magic leprechaun spies on opposing teams and deflates balls.

To add to this:

Tom Brady is favorite to win MVP
Belicheck is favorite to win COTY
Mac Jones is favorite to win ROTY

You can’t recreate that. When the FO is making decisions they are always saying to themselves “Is this what Belicheck would have done?”

The QB is going to be trained to think “ Is this what Brady would have done?”

You know that was already tried. By Bill O’Brein. And you see where that got us.

Wasn’t there a QB complaining or mentioning how OBs staff would say “This is the way Brady does it.” Or something to that affect? I seem to remember an article about it a couple years back.

Mac had a shorter but better resume than A J McCarron.

I really didn't look at these QB prospects because the Texans had no chance at them, but Mac really had a pretty good resume.
He just doesn't have the big arm.

P.S. - We're going to SA next week, but the in-laws decided to tag along; I won't have the chance to sneak out so I'll need a raincheck.
If there's just the BIL (right around my age) that I often watch football with, I could get him to go along, but with the older BIL (and his wife) also in the group, it wouldn't be right.
No worries. Good that you remembered. We are still getting moved into the new house. It might have been tough for me to sneak out also. We'll see how many of us we can get together one day. I'll cook.

Exactly what has he done so far that's the Patriot Way?

We dont know what he will do in the draft really, but he certainly didn't do Patriot like things when he traded picks to move up and pick Collins. Did he do any lasting damage losing a 5th rd pick for starting level WR or a bunch of late rd pick swaps? Did he really damage the franchise by extending the leaders he wants on HIS team? (Cooks/Tunsil) Unless you think the Texans will be playoff contenders before 2024. LMAO

In short, Caserio has done very little like the Patriot way except keep around leaders he wants the young guys to learn from. He also has done no damage to the franchise at this point. What he does over the next 2-3 yrs is what Caserio should be judged by, of course your minds already been made up and isn't going to be changed.
If Caserio doesn't pick Texian's picks, he will be an abject failure.

Exactly what has he done so far that's the Patriot Way?

We dont know what he will do in the draft really, but he certainly didn't do Patriot like things when he traded picks to move up and pick Collins. Did he do any lasting damage losing a 5th rd pick for starting level WR or a bunch of late rd pick swaps? Did he really damage the franchise by extending the leaders he wants on HIS team? (Cooks/Tunsil) Unless you think the Texans will be playoff contenders before 2024. LMAO

In short, Caserio has done very little like the Patriot way except keep around leaders he wants the young guys to learn from. He also has done no damage to the franchise at this point. What he does over the next 2-3 yrs is what Caserio should be judged by, of course your minds already been made up and isn't going to be changed.

The Patriots quickly rebuilt their team w/o having to tank, w/o a top 10 pick... so yes, we are clearly not doing anything the Patriot way.

I posted this in the game day thread but meant to post it here.
It is painfully obvious watching this Colts game that Texans desperately need a huge upgrade on offense first and foremost.
I don't care if it's via the draft or FA or a combo of both but this O is pitiful.

The Patriots quickly rebuilt their team w/o having to tank, w/o a top 10 pick... so yes, we are clearly not doing anything the Patriot way.

True, but they had a championship tested team/ talent on the defensive side of the ball. They added Judon and a couple of TE's on offense then got lucky that Lil Shanny passed on Jones, and the Pats are right back to where they were when Brady was young.

I am more surprised to see that many fans in the stadium.

Amazing.
I'm with the person that replied to Stephanie. I simply have no faith in leadership. Here's another really good take by Stradley -

Texans' ownership/leadership has always been confusing, decisions "weird" at times. I don't feel like this is new just with Cal. But I don't have the patience anymore to wait ownership out. Hope that they accidentally get it right.

Some folks here take a lot of flak by dismissing a hire or draft pick as soon as the acquisition is made. But I get it. Ownership has majorly screwed up too much, it's hard giving them the benefit of the doubt anymore.

I'm with the person that replied to Stephanie. I simply have no faith in leadership. Here's another really good take by Stradley -

Texans' ownership/leadership has always been confusing, decisions "weird" at times. I don't feel like this is new just with Cal. But I don't have the patience anymore to wait ownership out. Hope that they accidentally get it right.

Some folks here take a lot of flak by dismissing a hire or draft pick as soon as the acquisition is made. But I get it. Ownership has majorly screwed up too much, it's hard giving them the benefit of the doubt anymore.

They haven't been confusing at all. The McNair's are and always have been profiteers that have been putting the bottom line above putting the best product on the field as possible. Nothing has changed other than Derrick fvcked up the gravy train.

Last edited:
Nobody is even mad anymore about getting blown out by the opponents.

It's all happy doozy in that locker room. :hides: :brando:
Well, to be fair, I don't get mad anymore either. Of course I don't make the kind of money they do so maybe I should be mad.

Well said, #lostmillenium

He's giving the Texans a scape goat.
He's giving Nick Caserio a free year.
And if the Texans can trade him next year for 2 first round picks, he would be doing the Texans a favor.

Watson isn’t the “scapegoat” for the bad season.

He is the main reason the Texans look so bad.

OB being the GM didn’t do this team any favors, but this team would look much better with Watson.

Watson is holding this team hostage. If they only get two 1sts the Texans will get robbed.

SMH at he is doing this team any favors.

Caserio is getting a free year of judgement. Not a free year to do nothing like Watson. Caserio still only has a limited number of years to turn this team around.

Back