Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans random thought of the day

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
Agreed, to answer your questions,

1. I like the Mills pick. It's a slight gamble, but he's going to be working with a similar offense that he did in college under Shaw who fully believes in Mills talent and make no mistake that Mills has talent. The Pep/Shaw connection is why Mills was the pick.

2. Did they get as much out of the draft as they should have? The jury is out but I hope that they get 2 starters out of this draft. Collins and Jordan have starter level ability and truth is if Mills hits, the rest of this draft wont matter.

3. Do I think they got all they could've out of FA. I'm hoping they got 3 starters that are better than the guys they're replacing. I think they got that with Mitchell/King/Kirksey/DT's and on offense I expect the RB's and Taylor/Britt/Cannon to start and be upgrades on the OL. They also added an all pro KR/PR guy. Do I think Caserio did a perfect job in FA? Nope, I didn't like the DJ re-signing and there were some pretty non- descript CB's that were brought in and although it was a mistake the Finley wasn't a terrible mistake. BTW, I do like that most of the FA deals were 1 or 2 yr deals that will allow cap flexibility.

4. I liked the Cannon trade. (We dont know if he would've been released and even if he was, it's doubtful that he would've signed as a FA on a 4-12 re-building team.

5. UDFA's, we dont know that answer yet. Hopefully he finds some WW pickup gems but we dont know how that's going to turn out but I'm with you in that I wish they would've picked up Finley off WW instead of the late rd pick swap.

One thing we haven't talked about is the re-structure of Cooks/Tunsil. You dont like them, I like them for their veteran leadership/talent levels. There has to be some vet leadership. The way the Mercilus re-structure is set up I like because the Texans can get out from under that mistake after this yr.

Looking forward to your responses.
1. I've never had an issue with the Mills pick. As I said at the time, if you have a conviction on a QB, take him. If it works out, that's great. If it doesn't, at least you tried. I saw things I liked about Mills on the little video I've seen. Mainly his ability and willingness to throw into tight spaces.

2 & 4. Caserio began the process with 8 picks. He ended up with 5, and lost another in 2022. That made no sense. Wasting picks on Cannon and the QB that was cut was ridiculous. I expected Caserio to come away with more picks, either in this draft or the future. Not the direction I thought the draft would go at all.

3. None of the free agents signed by Caserio in 2021 will be integral parts of the Texans next playoff team. He wasted a lot of roster room on special teamers. That he had to renegotiate vet contracts to do that was asinine. I think he's trying to show Kyle that he's improving the team, all the while preparing for the tank. If you're going to tank...

5. ...tank right. Get young players in. Not wasting roster room on 28 year olds who will never make it. 8 UDFAs? That's ridiculously low.

Caserio will come up with some wins out of this offseason. Will they mitigate the mistakes he made? Maybe. But I'm not going to pretend he didn't make mistakes and that everything he touched will turn to gold.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
1. I've never had an issue with the Mills pick. As I said at the time, if you have a conviction on a QB, take him. If it works out, that's great. If it doesn't, at least you tried. I saw things I liked about Mills on the little video I've seen. Mainly his ability and willingness to throw into tight spaces.

2 & 4. Caserio began the process with 8 picks. He ended up with 5, and lost another in 2022. That made no sense. Wasting picks on Cannon and the QB that was cut was ridiculous. I expected Caserio to come away with more picks, either in this draft or the future. Not the direction I thought the draft would go at all.

3. None of the free agents signed by Caserio in 2021 will be integral parts of the Texans next playoff team. He wasted a lot of roster room on special teamers. That he had to renegotiate vet contracts to do that was asinine. I think he's trying to show Kyle that he's improving the team, all the while preparing for the tank. If you're going to tank...

5. ...tank right. Get young players in. Not wasting roster room on 28 year olds who will never make it. 8 UDFAs? That's ridiculously low.

Caserio will come up with some wins out of this offseason. Will they mitigate the mistakes he made? Maybe. But I'm not going to pretend he didn't make mistakes and that everything he touched will turn to gold.
2. I didn't like giving up a 2022 4th because it's a really deep draft. But atleast they still have their own 4th. This means Collins better be worth it and after the Sr. Bowl performance, there's no doubt he's very talented. Trading away 6th/7th rd picks isn't a big deal to me. Although they can be useful.

3. Most of the FA's signed this yr can be gotten out of after this yr. 2 yrs at the most. (Mitchell) So this isn't a big deal to me.

5. Now we're getting down to the heart of the matter, I was for tanking too, just not the way you would've done it. I would've traded all of my draft picks (If possible) for 2022 picks. Then I would've eaten guys like Mercilus contract. Where we differ is I see long term value in retaining Tunsil/Cooks.

Good news is it looks like the tank is going to happen willfully or not. But know that no 1st time GM is going to tank right off of the bat.

No one should care about that. What specifically do you disagree with what's been said? That is worth discussing.
I agree with most of the concerns people have. I only disagree with the way which some people seem to think their concerns equal a dark and dreary long term future. None of the concerns that I have seen have me overly worried. I also have stated that I do not see long term struggles based on how things have been run up to this point. This season there really was very few moves that could be made that would effect our team in a very positive way or could hurt them in all that bad a way just the same. People are fine to think the worst. I just do not have any long term concerns with how things were run by Nick Caserio so far this season.

However, if I was to take the professional critics opinions into account I would feel the sky was falling for sure! I would be like many of you on this forum! Still, I choose not to see things in such a negative light. It may seem that I am not being a realist but I just do not see the doom and gloom of some football fans on this site and those of a bunch of football pundits.

I think Nick Caserio has done a good thing by bringing in so many free agents on the cheap. A culture of competition is good for our team in my opinion.

I would have preferred Nick Caserio had maximized his draft picks but I am not overly concerned in that regard.

Davis Mills being picked when he was is not the end of the world as we know it. He was not my preffered choice but it does not bother me all that bad.

We should not have given away draft picks to get Nico Collins but if Nico turns out to be better than expected I, as well as many of you on this forum will be glad to be wrong.

I would not say at this time that the future is so bright I gotta wear shades but it is not as dark and dreary as some portend either. Next season is where I am placing my hopes in regards to turning things around. I hold out hope that Nick Caserio does better. However I do not think he did a terrible job this season given it can't be much worse than what was done before he came along. I look forward to the draft and free agency next season and I think that Nick will do better at that time. I at least hold out hope he does better.

Last edited:

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
You said somewhere you expected 13 wins.

I even made a joke, asking if you were talking about 13 wins over the next 2 seasons. You must've been joking.
I’ve got predictions in various spots from 2 to 20 wins, just so I can go back & say I told you so, whatever the outcome may be.

in reality, I think predictions are way too premature. This is a whole new team & we just don’t know. We’re just now getting reports from camp.

I’m optimistic but have no feel for how this team will do.

But I'm not going to pretend he didn't make mistakes and that everything he touched will turn to gold.
That is understandable Lucky. I just hate that it was seeming like some people were writing off the team and NC based on a few moves by NC they did not like. All I am saying is people should not write NC and DC off just yet. Perhaps they should but I am putting my faith into NC making more sense and doing better next season. I am not sold on NC decisions this season but I still hold out hope for next season and the seasons beyond that.

Last edited:

Texansballer74

The Marine
I’ve got predictions in various spots from 2 to 20 wins, just so I can go back & say I told you so, whatever the outcome may be.

in reality, I think predictions are way too premature. This is a whole new team & we just don’t know. We’re just now getting reports from camp.

I’m optimistic but have no feel for how this team will do.
Something I’ve been saying for a month or so. But was told I didn’t add any substance to said discussion. Lol

Realistically none of us have a clue to what this new team will do.

badboy

Hall of Fame
I agree with most of the concerns people have. I only disagree with the way which some people seem to think their concerns equal a dark and dreary long term future. None of the concerns that I have seen have me overly worried. I also have stated that I do not see long term struggles based on how things have been run up to this point. This season there really was very few moves that could be made that would effect our team in a very positive way or could hurt them in all that bad a way just the same. People are fine to think the worst. I just do not have any long term concerns with how things were run by Nick Caserio so far this season.

However, if I was to take the professional critics opinions into account I would feel the sky was falling for sure! I would be like many of you on this forum! Still, I choose not to see things in such a negative light. It may seem that I am not being a realist but I just do not see the doom and gloom of some football fans on this site and those of a bunch of football pundits.

I think Nick Caserio has done a good thing by bringing in so many free agents on the cheap. A culture of competition is good for our team in my opinion.

I would have preferred Nick Caserio had maximized his draft picks but I am not overly concerned in that regard.

Davis Mills being picked when he was is not the end of the world as we know it. He was not my preffered choice but it does not bother me all that bad.

We should not have given away draft picks to get Nico Collins but if Nico turns out to be better than expected I, as well as many of you on this forum will be glad to be wrong.

I would not say at this time that the future is so bright I gotta wear shades but it is not as dark and dreary as some portend either. Next season is where I am placing my hopes in regards to turning things around. I hold out hope that Nick Caserio does better. However I do not think he did a terrible job this season given it can't be much worse than what was done before he came along. I look forward to the draft and free agency next season and I think that Nick will do better at that time. I at least hold out hope he does better.
By 2023 we should be looking forward to a possible 8-9 record...maybe.

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
If your team isn’t sniffing a legit playoff and Super Bowl run....they should be playing for a healthy cap, draft position, and strong organizational/coaching staff/player evaluations.

Who exactly wants to run around slapping high fives over 7-9 win seasons? One is a moral victory season and the other is more than likely a one and done playoff run. What both likely give you, an unfavorable draft position and player contracts.

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
The opinion of these two Yahoos matters why?
Care to expound on this post.
I don't know AJ Hoffman. But, John Granato has been a fixture on Houston sports radio for decades. He's forgotten more about Houston sports than most people will ever know. And rather than question their credentials, why not dispute what they actually say? I don't get the whining and moaning of every criticism of the new Texans management. Shouldn't they prove something before giving them the complete benefit of the doubt?

Because they are more informed than a bunch homers and Kool Aid drinkers.
You have valid concerns, but at this time I do not see your concerns as Nick Caserio and co. doing long term damage to the team due to decisions they have made and will make this season. I could be wrong and if I am I will be more than happy to acknowledge that I am wrong and I will gladly eat crow!

As far as I am concerned, next season is the one I am counting on to see a real direction for our team. This season is most likely being seen as more or less a throw away season. For that reason nothing done or not done by Nick Caserio up to this point has me all that concerned.

You could very well be right and our team is doomed to a long drawn out time of losing. So far I am not all that worried.

Last edited:

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I don't know AJ Hoffman. But, John Granato has been a fixture on Houston sports radio for decades. He's forgotten more about Houston sports than most people will ever know. And rather than question their credentials, why not dispute what they actually say? I don't get the whining and moaning of every criticism of the new Texans management. Shouldn't they prove something before giving them the complete benefit of the doubt?
I don't know what disliking Foxboro has to do with Granato?

Granato is and always has been a meathead. He's lucky LZ carried his water all of these years. He's a case of good timing is the most important thing for your career. IMHO

I love how some say the media doesn't know anything when it fits their narrative and when it does fit their narrative we see posts like this one. BTW, Glazer had most of this right from the beginning. The DW4 stuff not withstanding.

Texian

Hall of Fame
Care to expound on this post.
We've been over this numerous times although there is a little more expound on. Using 10 draft picks to draft 5 players supposedly in a REBUILDING year. Restructuring 5 contracts to sign FAs who were going to be cut and could be signed at a lesser value. Mortgaging the future by borrowing $30 million from 2022 and 2023 salary caps in a throw away year. Instead of a REBUILDING year many see it as a throw away year. Using draft capital to trade for a QB who is cut before the first snap. Trading up in the draft using twice the trade value needed to. Clearly taken advantage of.

I'll let John McClain bring up the rear on some more of the buffoonery.
First Reactions from Houston Texans OTA's - YouTube

Last edited:
I don't get the whining and moaning of every criticism of the new Texans management.
I don't get all the doom and gloom about anything that Nick Caserio and Texans management has done thus far this season. I get there are valid concerns, but I am not to the point of jumping ship. Some on here seem to indicate decisions made by Nick Caserio and brass means we are led by incompetence and are doomed to years of sucking. I do not see things as being as dark as some on this forum do.

I am not pumping sunshine and daisies or sipping Kool-Aid because I know some decisions made up to this point are a bit puzzling. However I have no real expectations for this season. I feel that Nick Caserio made decisions based on this being more or less a throw away season. At least give it time before we write Nick Caserio and co. off. Having concerns is fine but I also have a hard time being caught up in too much negativity. I will take a wait and see approach. When we have seen a few games and see how it all plays out, then I am fine with anti Nick Caserio or anybody else on the team because we will at least have a body of work to point to.

We've been over this numerous times although there is a little more expound on. Using 10 draft picks to draft 5 players supposedly in a REBUILDING year. Restructuring 5 contracts to sign FAs who were going to cut and could be signed at a lesser value. Mortgaging the future by borrowing $30 million form 2022 and 2023 salary caps in a throw away year. Instead of a REBUILDING year many see it as a throw away year. Using draft capital to trade for a QB who is cut before the first snap. Trading up in the draft using twice the trade value needed. Clearly taken advantage of.

You are point by point thorough and I apprecitate that. I however do not see your concerns as being as bad as you do. I will revisit your post as the season goes on and I will more than gladly acknowledge that the sky is indeed falling if it appears that way. As of now I am not overly alarmed.

Last edited:

Texansballer74

The Marine
I don't get all the doom and gloom about anything that Nick Caserio and Texans management has done thus far this season. I get there are valid concerns, but I am not to the point of jumping ship. Some on here seem to indicate decisions made by Nick Caserio and brass means we are led by incompetence and are doomed to years of sucking. I do not see things as being as dark as some on this forum do.

I am not pumping sunshine and daisies or sipping Kool-Aid because I know some decisions made up to this point are a bit puzzling. However I have no real expectations for this season. I feel that Nick Caserio made decisions based on this being more or less a throw away season. At least give it time before we write Nick Caserio and co. off. Having concerns is fine but I also have a hard time being caught up in too much negativity. I will take a wait and see approach. When we have seen a few games and see how it all plays out, then I am fine with anti Nick Caserio or anybody else on the team because we will at least have a body of work to point to.
Good stuff right here. Like you said it’s not about drinking freaking kool.aid. You’ve decided to look at things in a positive manner. There’s nothing wrong with that but some will have an issue with that because they want us to only focus on the negatives.

Last edited:

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
And rather than question their credentials, why not dispute what they actually say? I don't get the whining and moaning of every criticism of the new Texans management.
What credentials do they have to speak on the inner workings of the Texans organization? They are not inside, & as far as we know have no connection to Nick Caserio.

So when the Texans sign Rex Burkhead or when the Texans don’t put numbers on the roster what’s the point of going straight to “They’re not the Patriots.”

Right off the bat we should all expect to bring in former Patriots. We should expect that some things will be done “the Patriot Way,” not because it is the Patriot Way, but because Nick Caserio grew up in the Patriot way & doesn’t know any different.

As time goes on, hopefully things will be less Patrioty but it is what it is now. & for two yahoos to waste a 15 minute radio segment on it just tells me to skip over their shallow perspective on the Texans.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
As far as I am concerned, next season is the one I am counting on to see a real direction for our team. This season is most likely being seen as more or less a throw away season. For that reason nothing done or not done by Nick Caserio up to this point has me all that concerned.
I wouldn’t call it a throw away season per se, even though from our perspective that’s what it is.

The way I see it, the Texans made decisions based on the assumption they would be able to get DW4 back into the fold. That’s the way I would have addressed this off-season. Trying to build a competitive team that Houdini could lead into the playoffs.

It wasn’t until DW4 met with Culley & held to his guns that the Texans changed gears. At that point you go all in or you stop digging. They chose to go all in & try to make something out of this season. What, I don’t know.

But this has never been the rebuild any of us expected to see. It’s been a retooling. & the player they were retooling around isn’t going to be suiting up. So... we’ll see.

cuppacoffee

Resident Grouch
We've been over this numerous times although there is a little more expound on. Using 10 draft picks to draft 5 players supposedly in a REBUILDING year. Restructuring 5 contracts to sign FAs who were going to cut and could be signed at a lesser value. Mortgaging the future by borrowing $30 million form 2022 and 2023 salary caps in a throw away year. Instead of a REBUILDING year many see it as a throw away year. Using draft capital to trade for a QB who is cut before the first snap. Trading up in the draft using twice the trade value needed to. Clearly taken advantage of.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I have yet to hear anyone from the Texans management staff say we we're in a rebuilding mode or that they consider this a throw away year.

To me this makes your doom and gloom analysis of the Texans moves irrelevant. Not one of us know what they are doing and why they are doing it.

Media reports? :rofl:. Concerning the Texans there are more informed people on this message board.

:coffee:

Texansballer74

The Marine
What credentials do they have to speak on the inner workings of the Texans organization? They are not inside, & as far as we know have no connection to Nick Caserio.

So when the Texans sign Rex Burkhead or when the Texans don’t put numbers on the roster what’s the point of going straight to “They’re not the Patriots.”

Right off the bat we should all expect to bring in former Patriots. We should expect that some things will be done “the Patriot Way,” not because it is the Patriot Way, but because Nick Caserio grew up in the Patriot way & doesn’t know any different.

As time goes on, hopefully things will be less Patrioty but it is what it is now. & for two yahoos to waste a 15 minute radio segment on it just tells me to skip over their shallow perspective on the Texans.
I don’t blame them for bringing in champions. NC wants to build a winning culture here. Unfortunately this job comes with a bunch of unwarranted garbage. If he would’ve been able to come here the first time, things around here would be completely different.

Texansballer74

The Marine
Correct me if I am wrong, but I have yet to hear anyone from the Texans management staff say we we're in a rebuilding mode or that they consider this a throw away year.

To me this makes your doom and gloom analysis of the Texans moves irrelevant. Not one of us know what they are doing and why they are doing it.

Media reports? :rofl:. Concerning the Texans there are more informed people on this message board.

:coffee:
Lol exactly, but that’s the main theme song around here for some members. Now I’ve heard re-tool.

Dejaview

All Pro

NC said in a video, Texans web site, paraphrasing, the picks they liked were coming off the board. Rather than take someone they didn’t want to they made the trades to get the player they wanted. Makes sense. We are talking day three rounds. You got it backwards...8 UDFA’s are just eight players they won’t have to cut at the end of TC That were never going to make it. Several of the 28 year olds will make it. Until Finley was cut he was a cheap fallback (was it a 6 for a 7 or was that Driskel?)if future QB’s they wanted didn’t materialize. You agree they need QB’s? If Cannon can keep a ANY of our QB’s standing hes worth it. When do you expect us to be in the playoffs again? Soon, then some of the FA’s may be on the squad. If we tank and bring in a bunch of UDFA’s then by the time we get to the playoffs nobody now will be around. Finally you don’t have to pretend that NC didn’t make mistakes and everything he touched will turn to gold. That doesn’t happen with the other 31 GM’s in the league either. But even you said he will come up with some wins this off-season. And because other buffoons like to throw around the kool- aid sipper and homer bs, that is all us fans with positive attitudes want to see. Wins. Not losses. its Gotta start this year.

Dejaview

All Pro
Good stuff right here. Like you said it’s not about drinking freaking kool.aid. You’ve decided to look at things in a positive manner. There’s nothing wrong with that but some will have an issue with that because they want us to only focus on the negatives.
Good stuff. I’ve never seen anyone with a positive attitude say everything is rosy, yet some say everything sux. Positive Attitudes have nothing to do with forming an opinion on an outcome like negative scorched earth buffoonery does. It’s simply taking what you got and and looking for the little wins that can snowball. We will have 53? Professional players at the end of TC that I want to see succeed. They will NOT have the attitude that they suck and are here to tank. same with the FO. personally I can’t imagine what this GM and coaching staff could do more than what they are currently trying to do to make this team better TODAY. We’ve already won Baller. I believe our football experience is providing us with more pleasure than the ones giving the glare from beneath the stairs Around here.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Who on this forum has seriously predicted 9 or more wins.
I have no idea, I don't keep up with that stuff. Maybe we need a poll! :dancing:

The weatherman tends to get things wrong a lot as well DB. That massive hurricane just might miss the Texans. Wait and see approach is the best way imo to go about this. We're not the Dolphins, Jets, Jaguars or Browns. Those franchises have been destroyed by those type of hurricanes. Now the Browns and Dolphins have escaped those type of hurricanes so far. We've been hit a few times but we've been able to bounce back. Wouldn't you agree?
They might not be able to tell you exactly where it'll land, but they can dern sure tell you if it's in the Gulf of Mexico or Atlantic Ocean.

And that's all I'm saying. The overwhelming majority of the data points to a losing season, regardless if it's 16 losses or 13 (or whatever) in 2021.

I personally don't see that as pessimistic or doom & gloom. It's just setting my expectations as a Texans fan.

What happens in 2022 is a different subject altogether, just like the 2022 hurricane season.

It boils down to not being overly pessimistic. In no way do I see a long dark tunnel that seems to have no end in sight. I do not liken our situation to a hurricane headed our way. We will struggle this season and I never said otherwise. I simply don't think that Nick Caserio has done so poorly that there is no hope for our team for a long time to come. Outside of setting us up for a culture change I do not think Nick Caserio has done a lot to turn things around, but that does not concern me this season. There will be plenty of time to judge Nick Caserio on how things look going forward. To me this is an automatic throw away season. There really is nothing much to lose. Nick Caserio has not done much to improve us but I do not think he has made things all that worse than what we already were dealing with! We are at rock bottom and outside of staying there we have nowhere to go but up. I see us having a slightly better season than many expect but far from making the playoffs. We could still do better than last season. That is not saying much but to do so is a step in the right direction in my opinion.
I don't have a hard opinion about Caserio. It's way too soon to tell, especially since he's been operating with one hand behind his back in 2021.

We really won't know his results for years to come.

That's not optimism or pessimism. It's just being realistic.

I watch Sportsmap all the time, but they are most likely a bit too cynical and pragmatic for a lot of fans. Which is why The Blitz is my favorite local show. lol

Too bad we are about to lose AJ, tho'.

Cal McNair is way beyond any benefit of the doubt for me. I'm firmly in the "prove you're not a complete idiot owner" perspective at this point.

It's like collective amnesia by a lot of Texans fans with regards to what an utter joke he's been since Bob's passing.

The only 'saving grace' for the Texans right now is that Nick Caserio might end up being a solid GM. And that's it. Otherwise, Cal is the Bizarroworld King Midas, turning everything he touches to poop. I can only hope that Caserio is somehow immune to it.

I was expecting the best way to start your rebuilding process is with a guy you could plug in to the center of your OL who would be there for 10 years and make a couple of pro bowls. Then next year have the pick of the litter of QBs available. To much to ask?
Perhaps Nick Caserio and staff are underwhelmed by the Qb's available next season. I am merely speculating. I do not think what you are asking is too much. However Nick Caserios current decisions have not made me more pessimistic or altered my faith in him as our GM. If it alters your feelings about him as our GM I can understand that. We all have our opinions but it is still too soon for me to be too concerned. The way I see things is that as of now there is not much do go on. Soon enough we will have more to go on in regards to Nick's decision making process. I still have hope for the future of the team. I am looking to next season more than this season. If our team can be competitive this season in more games than not, I will consider it a success.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Perhaps Nick Caserio and staff are underwhelmed by the Qb's available next season.
It’s possible there’s too much uncertainty in the 2022 draft to pass on Davis Mills. (I didn’t/don’t like the pick)

Some of these prospects don’t live up to the hype of a “1st round lock” season. Some of them get hurt. Some decide to stay another year.

A bird in the hand...

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
We've been over this numerous times although there is a little more expound on. Using 10 draft picks to draft 5 players supposedly in a REBUILDING year. Restructuring 5 contracts to sign FAs who were going to be cut and could be signed at a lesser value. Mortgaging the future by borrowing $30 million from 2022 and 2023 salary caps in a throw away year. Instead of a REBUILDING year many see it as a throw away year. Using draft capital to trade for a QB who is cut before the first snap. Trading up in the draft using twice the trade value needed to. Clearly taken advantage of.

I've got no problem with 5 picks instead of 10 as long as those low rd picks are used to move up and get your guys. Give me 5 quality guys or for that matter 3 quality guys out of this draft since they didn't have 1st/2nd rd picks. I did have an issue with trading the 2022 4th.

They value Cooks/Tunsil more than you do. I've got no problems with restructuring them because Caserio wants them here for the next 3-5 yrs. The Mercilus contract was restructured so it will be easier to get out of after next yr. Or atleast that's what they said on 610.

I didn't like the DJ re-signing but I understand the move. 2 mil for a backup RB shouldn't be a deal breaker. What other deals were restructured?

Last edited:

Texian

Hall of Fame
I've got no problem with 5 picks instead of 10 as long as those low rd picks are used to move up and get your guys. Give me 5 quality guys or for that matter 3 quality guys out of this draft since they didn't have 1st/2nd rd picks. I did have an issue with trading the 2022 4th.

They value Cooks/Tunsil more than you do. I've got no problems with restructuring them because Caserio wants them here for the next 3-5 yrs. The Mercilus contract was restructured so it will be easier to get out of after next yr. Or atleast that's what they said on 610.

I didn't like the DJ re-signing but I understand the move. 2 mil for a backup RB shouldn't be a deal breaker. What other deals were restructured?
Of course you don't have a problem with using 10 draft picks to make 5 draft picks because you are completely infatuated with the new girl in school. She can do no wrong in your eyes.

Cooks and Tunsil will be gone and the Texans will still be eating their dead money, a result of their restructuring. NC is the mad restructurist.

So many restructures you can't keep up. Shaq and Zach restructured too. Nick has restructured every contract that can be restructured.

Last edited:
Of course you don't have a problem with using 10 draft picks to make 5 draft picks because you are completely infatuated with the new girl in school. She can do no wrong in your eyes.

Cooks and Tunsil will be gone and the Texans will still be eating their dead money, a result of their restructuring. NC is the mad restructurist. Nick has restructured every contract that is restructurable.

So many restructures you can't keep up. Shaq and Zach restructured too.
We are doomed I tell ya, doomed!

badboy

Hall of Fame

Cooks and Tunsil will be gone and the Texans will still be eating their dead money, a result of their restructuring. NC is the mad restructurist.

So many restructures you can't keep up. Shaq and Zach restructured too. Nick has restructured every contract that can be restructured.
At least we will have the shaq and Zach attack to earn their contracts!

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club

Wrong, I just dont like getting jumped for guys they really like, you know kinda like when they got jumped for Jimmy G and Lockett. I like being the guy doing the jumping instead of the guy getting jumped. I was hoping the Texans would become this type of franchise when RS traded up for WFV/McKinney. I've been very consistent in my thoughts throughout the yrs.

From what I can tell Tunsil/Cooks are under contract for the next 3 yrs. Then there's no dead money. These are the guys Caserio/Culley have paid not only for their talent but also their leadership. Good news is with the new TV/Gambling revenue the cap should be making a huge jump in the next 5 yrs. Gotta give it to God'ell, he made chicken salad out of chicken bleep and found a way to overcome the negatives of Covid/Activism Plus he still is going to make the NFL alot of money on gambling. God'ell getting in bed with gamblers/Mob, what could ever go wrong.

Texian

Hall of Fame
Wrong, I just dont like getting jumped for guys they really like, you know kinda like when they got jumped for Jimmy G and Lockett. I like being the guy doing the jumping instead of the guy getting jumped. I was hoping the Texans would become this type of franchise when RS traded up for WFV/McKinney. I've been very consistent in my thoughts throughout the yrs.

From what I can tell Tunsil/Cooks are under contract for the next 3 yrs. Then there's no dead money. These are the guys Caserio/Culley have paid not only for their talent but also their leadership. Good news is with the new TV/Gambling revenue the cap should be making a huge jump in the next 5 yrs. Gotta give it to God'ell, he made chicken salad out of chicken bleep and found a way to overcome the negatives of Covid/Activism Plus he still is going to make the NFL alot of money on gambling. God'ell getting in bed with gamblers/Mob, what could ever go wrong.
Cooks contract expires after 2022 season but there is $5 million in Dead Money in 2023.
Brandin Cooks Contract Breakdowns, Salary Cap Figures, Salaries, Bonuses | Spotrac

Tunsil has potential out after 2022 season but there is $8 million in Dead Money in 2023.
Laremy Tunsil Contract Breakdowns, Salary Cap Figures, Salaries, Bonuses | Spotrac

Texansphan

Football connoisseur

I didn't have any issue with the 2022 4th as we will get plenty of draft capital from Watson.