Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Texans random thought of the day

So has there been any word on what caused Roby’s suspension?
None .... yet.

Any news as to what happened?

There was a heated argument between Roby and the team re. coverage schemes and Texans defensive philosophy, resulting in the coaching staff becoming very upset with him. All this was going on as as well as disagreement on his medical decision treatment following his knee injury.

There was a heated argument between Roby and the team re. coverage schemes and Texans defensive philosophy, resulting in the coaching staff becoming very upset with him. All this was going on as as well as disagreement on his medical decision treatment following his knee injury.

As far as coverage schemes and defensive philosophy, I might have to side with Roby on this one.

Roby should have some trade value after the season. I can understand players being upset with the way things are going but if they don’t want to be here let’s get something for them. Hopefully it’s deluxe nuts vs peanuts
If we could ship Roby out and get Pat Pete & Conley at outside corner, and a coverage ILB to replace McKinney, this team would look much better on D, without costing an awful lot.

Here’s that ‘C’ word again...

Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) Tweeted:
Texans fired VP of Communications Amy Palcic, telling her she no longer was "a cultural fit", per sources. Palcic was the first and only woman to have full PR responsibilities for an NFL team. She was the winner of the 2017 Rozelle Award for best PR staff. She is widely respected

Texans fired VP of Communications Amy Palcic, telling her she no longer was "a cultural fit", per sources. Palcic was the first and only woman to have full PR responsibilities for an NFL team. She was the winner of the 2017 Rozelle Award for best PR staff. She is widely respected
I'd like to know the whole story but, on the face of it, crap like this makes me lean more toward pink soap for the McNair's. Minus egregious actions by Palcic, the optics are horrible for any GM contemplating a future with Easterby having anything at all to do with the franchise, in any capacity.

Simple message essentially being sent to all underlings by Cal McNair and Easterby.........CARRY OUR WATER OR BE DROWNED BY IT....................

Texans fire top P.R. executive, citing lack of “cultural fit”
November 11, 2020, 9:24 AM EST

The Texans continue to make changes. Even if those changes continue to be curious.
First came the abrupt and stunning firing of coach and General Manager Bill O’Brien after only four game into his dual role. Now comes, via Adam Schefter of ESPN, the abrupt and stunning firing of V.P. of communications Amy Palcic.

Palcic, the first and only female to run a team’s P.R. operations, reportedly was told that she is no longer a “cultural fit.”

So what’s the culture? The team currently is looking for a new G.M. and a new head coach. The culture, frankly, is (or at least should be) in limbo until those hires are made.

Even more frankly, this development speaks even more to the confusing rise of executive V.P. of football operations and interim G.M. Jack Easterby.

Questions about his credentials and his characterization of them largely have been ignored. That fact alone is credit to Palcic, who quite possibly has worked aggressively behind the scenes to get reporters to not point out more conspicuously that Easterby apparently embellished his experience in Jacksonville and that Easterby never actually worked for (i.e., got paid by) the Chiefs.

The message to any candidates for the G.M. job or the head-coaching position seems to be this: The Texans have become Jack Easterby’s world. This reality could ultimately cause candidates with options to opt to go elsewhere, the lure of Deshaun Watson notwithstanding.

As to Palcic, she’ll surely land on her feet somewhere. Widely respected in league circles, her staff won the 2017 Rozelle Award, given to the best P.R. staff in a 32-team league.

Simple message essentially being sent to all underlings by Cal McNair and Easterby.........CARRY OUR WATER OR BE DROWNED BY IT....................

The Texans continue to make changes. Even if those changes continue to be curious.
First came the abrupt and stunning firing of coach and General Manager Bill O’Brien after only four game into his dual role. Now comes, via Adam Schefter of ESPN, the abrupt and stunning firing of V.P. of communications Amy Palcic.

Palcic, the first and only female to run a team’s P.R. operations, reportedly was told that she is no longer a “cultural fit.”

So what’s the culture? The team currently is looking for a new G.M. and a new head coach. The culture, frankly, is (or at least should be) in limbo until those hires are made.

Even more frankly, this development speaks even more to the confusing rise of executive V.P. of football operations and interim G.M. Jack Easterby.

Questions about his credentials and his characterization of them largely have been ignored. That fact alone is credit to Palcic, who quite possibly has worked aggressively behind the scenes to get reporters to not point out more conspicuously that Easterby apparently embellished his experience in Jacksonville and that Easterby never actually worked for (i.e., got paid by) the Chiefs.

The message to any candidates for the G.M. job or the head-coaching position seems to be this: The Texans have become Jack Easterby’s world. This reality could ultimately cause candidates with options to opt to go elsewhere, the lure of Deshaun Watson notwithstanding.

As to Palcic, she’ll surely land on her feet somewhere. Widely respected in league circles, her staff won the 2017 Rozelle Award, given to the best P.R. staff in a 32-team league.
The last year and a half or so feels almost like a controlled implosion by the Texans FO.

What is the purpose of doing this right now? It couldn't wait after the season? This is just odd.

Aw hell. The one good thing about this franchise is now FUBAR.

Thank you Jack freak'n Easterby

The Texans are a national embarrassment as an organization right now. Doesn't bode well for hiring a desirable GM and HC... Just terrible.

Agreed, what GM would agree to only be on the search committee when it comes to hiring a new HC and joining an org where your QB is on the hiring committee so he's basically got more power than the new GM will have.

Agreed, what GM would agree to only be on the search committee when it comes to hiring a new HC and joining an org where your QB is on the hiring committee so he's basically got more power than the new GM will have.

None of this is a good idea. Especially letting someone from the previous regime who apparently still has some pull within the org make any staff moves.

None of this is a good idea. Especially letting someone from the previous regime who apparently still has some pull within the org make any staff moves.

Agreed, Palcic was probably a move that Cal wanted done and a task carried out by Easterby.

You know the whole Christian values/Not Texans worthy thingy appears to even rise into the Texans FO staff.

Last edited:
Agreed, Palcic was probably a move that Cal wanted done and a task carried out by Easterby.

You know the whole Christian values/Not Texans worth thingy appears to even rise into the Texans FO staff.

I took a look at her twitter feed. Her political views are clear, although not over the top and IMO within respectable norms on twitter. I wonder if that had something to do with it. I know you and I disagree politically, but I'm sure both of us agree that shouldn't be a deciding factor in someone's employment.

I took a look at her twitter feed. Her political views are clear, although not over the top and IMO within respectable norms on twitter. I wonder if that had something to do with it. I know you and I disagree politically, but I'm sure both of us agree that shouldn't be a deciding factor in someone's employment.

Totally agree

This may surprise you that I have many liberal friends and understand where they're coming from even those I'm on the opposite side of the political spectrum. I've never let my political feelings interfere with who I hire. If you do that you're cheating yourself as an employer. At our company discussing politics isn't allowed at the office or while out doing work for clients. I will checkout Palcic's twitter feed.

With that said, Texas is a right to work state and Cal can hire/fire whoever he wants too for whatever reason he wants too.

Totally agree

This may surprise you that I have many liberal friends and understand where they're coming from even those I'm on the opposite side of the political spectrum. I've never let my political feelings interfere with who I hire. If you do that you're cheating yourself as an employer. At our company discussing politics isn't allowed at the office or while out doing work for clients. I will checkout Palcic's twitter feed.

With that said, Texas is a right to work state and Cal can hire/fire whoever he wants too for whatever reason he wants too.

Just so you know, it doesn't. Even though I only know you from this forum...

Wow! what culture is that? She's not been given much to PR about. This could backfire depending on what WOMAN replaces her. Hope she gets the job of her choice and quickly!

I am one for prayer but if this is truly Easty's move, I do not applaud.

The sports media, former and even one current NFL player (JJ Watt) is either baffled or furious over the Texans firing Amy Palcic. Apparently she is much more than just a PR rep for a lot of people in the business.

This mention of culture is probably a not so veiled reference to political differences.
This young woman and her law firm are really going to clean out the McNair family in the court room or more likely an out of court settlement.

Back